Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807972 times)

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
Spoiler:
Indeed, with the new character being like that, there are going to be a lot of theories about the Sealing Club.

By the way, can someone remind me where (official source) it's mentioned that the Sealing Club is from the future? I forgot, sorry :(

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Spoiler:
From what little I understand, Kasen managed to break the Hakurei Barrier in ULiL. So Usami is probably fought in the outside world. LoLK is what happens after Kasen screwed everything up.

Spoiler:
So it's Kasen's fault, then.

Should we add "Because Kasen broke something" to the list of forbidden templates now?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Spoiler:
Indeed, with the new character being like that, there are going to be a lot of theories about the Sealing Club.

By the way, can someone remind me where (official source) it's mentioned that the Sealing Club is from the future? I forgot, sorry :(

Spoiler:
Actually, now that you mention it, I don't think it's ever explicitly stated. They live in a world similar to ours but slightly more advanced. It's implied that it's our future because of certain events, a similarity to the Seihou world, and a similarity to Yumemi's world, but I don't think Merry's world is ever outright said to be in the future.

By the way, I hate this type of spoiler box.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:46:01 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

UTW

Spoiler:
That there's "only" three returnees and a newcomer character, especially after many of us hyped another returning character, I understand the disappointment from a gameplay perspective. But plotwise it should be anything but. Apparently going to the Outside, meeting Sumireko, getting more on the Sealing Club especially since she looks like Renko's ancestor? It's all heavy stuff.

Spoiler:
From what little I understand, Kasen managed to break the Hakurei Barrier in ULiL. So Usami is probably fought in the outside world. LoLK is what happens after Kasen screwed everything up.

Spoiler:
It's been teased in the manga, but after thinking about it a little after Sumireko's revelation, that's when I had the idea that Kasen may be involved to this extent.

If so, that's suddenly a big moment for Kasen, as well. I just wonder who actually knows what she did.

Spoiler:
!!!!BYAKUREN RIDES A FUCKING MOTORCYCLE!!!!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
LITERALLY A THING IN THIS NEW TOUHOU PROJECT VIDEO GAME

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
LITERALLY A THING IN THIS NEW TOUHOU PROJECT VIDEO GAME

Spoiler:
Wait. I need to see this. Got a link or something?
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
Spoiler:
Actually, now that you mention it, I don't think it's ever explicitly stated. They live in a world similar to ours but slightly more advanced. It's implied that it's our future because of certain events, a similarity to the Seihou world, and a similarity to Yumemi's world, but I don't think Merry's world is ever outright said to be in the future.
Spoiler:
The only thing that is stated is that they live in a world that knows not of Gensokyo. Not necessarily in a world that has no connection to it. Perhaps there IS chance that it is the "human world", the other side of the Hakurei barrier. Which is why I'm asking. All I know about "them" are from those cameo appearances and the music CD, where nothing of the sort is stated, other than what I said about "a world that knows not of Gensokyo".

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
http://i.imgur.com/daWaa2R.png
http://i.imgur.com/le5tE6l.jpg
http://36.media.tumblr.com/7d38fb5bb25e23dd24f3a453875ecb01/tumblr_inline_no4ag2t1SM1swi65m_500.png

The chat:
"Oi! Duel already!" (common joke comment on yugioh 5D's videos where characters seems to race or fight on motorcycles more often than playing card games)

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
http://i.imgur.com/daWaa2R.png
http://i.imgur.com/le5tE6l.jpg
http://36.media.tumblr.com/7d38fb5bb25e23dd24f3a453875ecb01/tumblr_inline_no4ag2t1SM1swi65m_500.png

The day the Buddhist monk that was sealed for a thousand years starts riding motorcycles...

I think I hear Shinki laughing her ass off back in Makai. This is glorious.
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

And I didn't think much could top Mokou self destructing and resurrecting to attack her enemy.  Byakuren on a motorcycle!

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Danmaku on motorcycle!!

Danmaku on motorcycle!!
YES! Surely nothing can go wrong with that! After all, we've already seen card games on motorcycles!

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
As a pleb who can't get the game for a few days, how is the music in the full game?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
Spoiler:
I think that I'm more surprised that it's Hijiri Byakuren who is riding than anything...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
Anything interesting that Shinmyoumaru does ingame?

Spoiler:
AHAHAHA!!!  Sumireko has a win pose where she takes a selfie!!

Spoiler:
IIRC (it's been a long time), Maribel and Renko were explicitly stated to be in the outside world "in the near future" in one of the previous fan translations of one of their stories (I think it was retrospective 50 minutes.  I could be wrong)

Later on, however, the translation was updated and that explicit mention was gone.  *shrug*  Hell if I know what the case actually was.  I can't read Japanese.

At any rate, assuming that's the case (and there's more than enough evidence that they're in the future of SOMETHING in their stories, explicit mention or not), and with Sumireko being stated to be the FIRST Sealing Club president (thereby preceding any latter members, including Maribel and Renko), the likely relationship for her is that she's an ancestor of Renko's or something (mother or grandmother or who knows.  Doesn't have to be direct.  Could be a distant aunt)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:46:24 AM by Tiamat »

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
Any news on Hanako?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Just read that the 15th slot is for the random button, so Hanako doesn't exist, I guess...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:49:48 AM by game2011 »

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Any news on the fix similiar as Mauve provided before. Just like before I applied it to a demo, I cannot launch the full version with applocale and it slows down pretty badly on character select screen. But the hex values are different this time.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
Spoiler:
IIRC (it's been a long time), Maribel and Renko were explicitly stated to be in the outside world "in the near future" in one of the previous fan translations of one of their stories (I think it was retrospective 50 minutes.  I could be wrong)

Later on, however, the translation was updated and that explicit mention was gone.  *shrug*  Hell if I know what the case actually was.  I can't read Japanese.

At any rate, assuming that's the case (and there's more than enough evidence that they're in the future of SOMETHING in their stories, explicit mention or not), and with Sumireko being stated to be the FIRST Sealing Club president (thereby preceding any latter members, including Maribel and Renko), the likely relationship for her is that she's an ancestor of Renko's or something (mother or grandmother or who knows.  Doesn't have to be direct.  Could be a distant aunt)
Spoiler:
I would love to see that evidence (About the future) if it's an official source, especially if it proves it, and not just suggests it (because there are a lot of different facts that suggest a lot that are not necessarily true). Because info on Sumireko can differ depending on it. Because aside from this new game's info, and the info on those two, we know nothing about the "outside" world.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:49:51 AM by Xarizzar »

Any news on the fix similiar as Mauve provided before. Just like before I applied it to a demo, I cannot launch the full version with applocale and it slows down pretty badly on character select screen. But the hex values are different this time.

Same thing, but the address is now 3D7E4A.

Drake

Besides the overwhelming plethora of implicit evidence of the future through various advances in technology and ZUN's thoughts about what the future holds in general (which is a massive overarching theme throughout the works), we have some more explicit mentions to historical things that currently exist rather than merely stuff we'd think of as futuristic, which includes Mt Fuji having been extinguished and designated as a World Heritage Site, and cars being touted as an outdated mode of transportation. They also talk about Stephen Hawking in the past sense, so there's that.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
Perhaps this might be relevant to bring up again...

Guys, about all that...

Spoiler:
I ran the name of our "final boss" through a translator, and as I suspected, her first name means "violet child". That's going to throw up serious Renko x Maribel signs all over the place, since it could be speculated that this girl could maybe be from the future and is the future kid of Renko and Maribel. And the fact that she's the first president of the Sealing Club could just be her(knowingly or not) creating a Stable Time Loop, laying the tracks for Renko and Maribel in the future by forming the club in the first place...

It's only something that I'm throwing out there, and if the dialogue contradicts it, I won't be surprised. Still, until that point...

Also, she has skulls floating around her, which does not help(it is said somewhere that the Sealing Club is a group of necromancers), so there's that.

Spoiler:
I believe that this will likely lead to an arc involving the Outside World somehow.

I also do recall that there was a point in one of the stories involving Renko and Maribel where Maribel suggests that they take a trip to the moon via her own "special method"... (It's one of the things that lead to people thinking that Maribel = Yukari, since Yukari made a gap to the moon via the moon's reflection, which is implied to be what Maribel did to travel to the moon with Renko), which is why the long shot sort of logic of "this girl must be from the future and is the child of Renko and Maribel" may end up coming up at some point, as I can't be the only one who's come to such an unusual set of conclusions.
Spoiler:

so do kasen and "hanako" not have specific themes, or are their themes just prostituted to other characters for whatever reason? haven't bothered to play the game to find out. i'm diggin the candid friend remix though

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Same thing, but the address is now 3D7E4A.
Didn't really change anything except now an error pops up. Could you do it and maybe provide the .exe file itself, please? Or double check at least?

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
They also talk about Stephen Hawking in the past sense, so there's that.

GODDAMMIT NOOOOOOOOOO ;_;

So...Maribel and Renko live approximately 10-20 years after the present day? If my memory serves me correctly, they are said to be university students. So that means they're young children as of the present day...

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
"this girl must be from the future and is the child of Renko and Maribel"
Spoiler:
Wait, how does that work ?

Okay... What I have played so far, it is rather nice fighting game but only problem is that it seems to randomly crash when opponent declares a spellcard.
Also Kokoro has a creepy smile behind her mask.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
For those who do not want to deal with the tedium of completing every story, a file with unlocked
Spoiler:
Sumireko
:
https://mega.co.nz/#!olJHmKxb!hRGdKZ3wL0dQzpnxKgwXkWmD81ezcrnP4VIKb7FbWp0