Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807990 times)

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Can't believe it's been two years since HM and about nine hours until ULiL... yer all sure you don't want to throw a last guess about the 15th character ? a character whose theme would fit Cool & Create's style...

The hype train's engines are going to explode at this rate

I thought it was coming out in May 10 x surprised emoticon which i don't know how to do x

But all the more better!!!

Finally we shall find out who is ? ? ? and who is the hidden 15th character!

It's strange it's like the game was just anounced yestarday... time really flies.
Well, this very minute it's 7 in the morning on May 10 in Japan, so ...

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
What time does Reiteisai start I wonder?

At which time is Reiteisai, because i'm sort of new to the schedule.

Well in terms of the 15th character, to me it's one of these:

Kaguya
Nue
Kogasa
Yukari
Sanae
Kanako
Orin
Kagerou

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

I'm convinced it's either Seija or Nue. On the other hand I think there's a lot of evidence for the final boss being the Udonge plant, and if that's the case than I'd guess the midboss is Kaguya.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
There's a downloadable update on their site, is that for the game or for the demo?

It's for the full game and it shouldn't be applied to the trial version.

I'm convinced it's either Seija or Nue. On the other hand I think there's a lot of evidence for the final boss being the Udonge plant, and if that's the case than I'd guess the midboss is Kaguya.

What is the Udonge Plant?

Also about Seija the only way she might not appear because of her opposite personality, a lot of the heavy's of Gensokyo use Urban Legends and want to use them, right? Seija, while others think it's cool, Seija thinks it's lame and will not use them.

That is unless something else happens that makes the heroine's want to stop the Urban Legends. At which case Seija will try to stop the heroine's, however that is quite unlikely as people like Koishi, Nitori and Shinmyoumaru probably won't want to do that.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
I think it's more likely to be a flat out new character than a returning vet, honestly. Cool & Create was probably just that one album that got mentioned.

Insofar as whom the 15th slot might be, though, my fringe guess's on Motoori. Not entirely all new, but I think she'd be the most likely 'mid-boss' as well as instigator of the incident, having obtained books of urban legends from the outside world. She could use her books to fight, summoning youkai puppeteer-style. Perhaps a bit of a stretch.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Sorry folks, none of the reliable people can verify the Cool & Create rumor. It seems highly unlikely now.

There was a joke going around with HM that her feet were too strong, so she wasn't allowed to use them in fights anymore.
But Marisa can still butt people with her bottom, which I think most would agree is what matters.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:54:17 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Lol I never knew I had 12 hours of difference with Japan :P
Mwahahahahha!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
BUT I'M NOT READY FOR IT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!  :colonveeplusalpha:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Koog

BUT I'M NOT READY FOR IT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!  :colonveeplusalpha:
You must always be ready my friend. :P
Mwahahahahha!

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
As a GMT+8 person. It's gonna be here soon. ^^

Too bad I have a school trip today. Oh well.  :V

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?

Unabara tweeted: the 1.01 patch has added an auto-updater to the game. This is a new attempt for them.

The discs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:33:28 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
One hour seems so long >_<

Koog

UGH, I JUST CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE!!
Mwahahahahha!

Actually, she is high/top tier in HM's latest patch. She's up there with Mamizou, Kokoro, and Ichirin.

Which tier lists? Is it the western one?
Last one I remember from a Japanese veteran was Kokoro on top, followed closely by a tie between Byakuren and Mamizou. Then Ichirin, below that Marisa, then Futo, Reimu and Nitori.
Though this is just opinion. Miko and Koishi got lower tiers, since not many can utilize them well.

Still, though Marisa wasn't high tiers, her range, dense and fast bullets, and high damage output have always been there as her main points.
I just think that some changes this time in ULiL can use some nerfing.

But Marisa can still butt people with her bottom, which I think most people would agree is what matters.

Her butt is more useful now, compared to her other normals, which is saying a lot.

The discs.

Whoa, whoa. Different silhouette? So the previous one wasn't the last boss?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:44:40 AM by monhan »

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!

Unabara tweeted: the 1.01 patch has added an auto-updater to the game. This is a new attempt for them.

The discs.
Okay I just realized this but on the game's disc cover, does the silhouette look different to you or is it just me? Like, MUCH more different?

Okay I just realized this but on the game's disc cover, does the silhouette look different to you or is it just me? Like, MUCH more different?
Hmm... Doesn't look too different for me.

Also, dat Mokou.

No, I noticed that right away.
This one has wide sleeves, and bubble skirt like Kokoro.
Any idea who has those among the veterans?
Kaguya has the sleeves, but certainly not the skirt. And I don't remember anyone other than Kokoro having that.

Is it really a new character?

EDIT:
Ah, stupid me. I saw it flipped 90 degrees :v
Nope, nevermind. Same silhouette
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:53:02 AM by monhan »

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
No, I noticed that right away.
This one has wide sleeves, and bubble skirt like Kokoro.
Any idea who has those among the veterans?
Kaguya has the sleeves, but certainly not the skirt. And I don't remember anyone other than Kokoro having that.

Is it really a new character?
Well, I just realized I was looking at it from the wrong angle but that looks eerily a lot like a character design, weird...

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
It's the exact same silhouette you guys

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Which tier lists? Is it the western one?
Last one I remember from a Japanese veteran was Kokoro on top, followed closely by a tie between Byakuren and Mamizou. Then Ichirin, below that Marisa, then Futo, Reimu and Nitori.
Though this is just opinion. Miko and Koishi got lower tiers, since not many can utilize them well.
Yeah the western guys (aka #shinkirou) all agree Marisa is top tier. Her damage output, dense bullets, mobility, and partly her placements in the JP tourneys made up believe she's high or top. Her 5a also had quite a bit of reach.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Yeah, it doesn't look any different. It's probably just the angle of the picture that makes it seem different.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Live stream of the Full ULiL Story Mode

That's all I'll put here this time.
Meanwhile, I'm going to my church, so enjoy yourselves. Hopefully I won't be too distracted until I return home

If you missed it, the story mode of demo became the prologue and that is unchanged. Then after that you do each character story mode, starting with Reimu and Marisa, then Kasen.

Shrine destroyed again :V
Yeah. That is something that HM didn't have.

WTF!!!??
Spoiler:
USAMI Not-RENKO
Bait
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:29:05 AM by monhan »

Drake

Spoiler:
宇佐見菫子 Usami Sumireko.
念力「サイコプロージョン」 (Psychokinesis "Psychoplosion")
念力 「テレキネシス 不法投棄 」 (Psychokinesis "Telekinesis - Unlawful Dumping")
「現し世のオカルティシャン」 ("Present-World Occultist")
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:32:41 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Spoiler:
Usami Sumireko.
Hahaha, they were just so noisy there, I misheard it.
Still, this is too much. Damn that stage is cool

Spoiler:
That doesn't mean they're not related, especially seeing the design and same family name

Also, no 15th fighter. It is for a Random button.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:20:23 AM by monhan »