Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 808086 times)

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
Anyways, I made a quick simple combo video for Reimu after playing around with her for a day.

Oh yeah, you can just activate your spell card to cut out ending lag. That's going to take a bit to get adjusted since HM trained me to use spell cards asap or risk not being popular,,,

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Anyways, I made a quick simple combo video for Reimu after playing around with her for a day. I really like her atm. However, I still plan on using Koishi in the end even if it kills me :V
Doing combos in this game just looks and feels really satisfying. Nearly everything combos into something.

Can't wait to do this with Futo!

Komeiji11

I can't remember if this was mentioned or noticed, but Mokou's gimmick seems similar to the Yomotsu Hirasaka effect. She takes white damage when she does a melee attack that turns blue whenever she resurrects.

Hawk

• Babababa~
Did Reimu lose her ability to set the end point for her warp, or did I just forget the input?

Komeiji11

Did Reimu lose her ability to set the end point for her warp, or did I just forget the input?

No, she just teleports and kicks now, no warp point required.

This is mostly because there's no more custom decks. Whenever customization is involved, Tasofro doesn't know how to program the AI to use that specific deck you assign them, so they usually just...not use them at all. Now that every character has a set moveset, it's much easier for them to program them to use that since it never changes. I'm actually surprised they also adapt to the spell cards you choose for them as well.
Still, they're now awfully weak to charge shots, and never uses their occult attacks. All in all, they're still a fairly decent moving dummy.
Though I like that they seem to have a sense to chase the occult ball, or at least prevent you from getting it.

Anyways, I made a quick simple combo video for Reimu after playing around with her for a day. I really like her atm. However, I still plan on using Koishi in the end even if it kills me :V
But what about Kasen?  :ohdear:

Komeiji11

Though I like that they seem to have a sense to chase the occult ball, or at least prevent you from getting it.

I've noticed that, if anything I feel like they get more aggressive when an occult ball is out to stop you from getting it. But I wonder if they were to get 4 (or maybe 7) if they would try using their last words?

I've noticed that, if anything I feel like they get more aggressive when an occult ball is out to stop you from getting it. But I wonder if they were to get 4 (or maybe 7) if they would try using their last words?

They don't use it, at least with 4, 5 and 6 balls. Maybe they will in the full game though.

Komeiji11

I really hope they let us set a different single button for last words in the full version. In the heat of battle I have a really hard time pressing two buttons at the same time...

I really hope they let us set a different single button for last words in the full version. In the heat of battle I have a really hard time pressing two buttons at the same time...
isnt that the same as pressing an attack and an arrow direction?

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
It is different, you can hold the arrow and then press the attack anytime later.

Komeiji11

isnt that the same as pressing an attack and an arrow direction?
For me it's more that last words require multiple button presses with the same hand. I tend to get my fingers tangled up and since I use my pinky for z and a, it's a bit confusing to get both my pinky and index finger to get to two different buttons and hit them at the same time. I usually end up doing a strong bullet or activating my normal spell card...

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Meanwhile, Marisa's Master Spark damage output is really dumb

You could probably find some easy kill combos with it but I'm too lazy to explore anymore with her atm.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
I just realized that the release date is John Wilkes Booth's birthday.

You could probably find some easy kill combos with it but I'm too lazy to explore anymore with her atm.

Well, MS costs 1500 spell points and is easily avoidable if done wrong. Also, it has a blind spot directly in front of Marisa. And finally, it is Master Spark)

Well, if a Spellcard misses then you're certainly doing it wrong. I doubt anyone would fire a Master Spark without assuring that it will land.

Anyway, I made a cheapass, lazy combo for Marisa. Pardon the video quality. Probably due to wrong settings
Not quite a 10k, but close, and arguably the easiest one I've did. Maybe possible with piano, but I'm still not used with it.

However, the point of that video is to show how cheap Marisa's 4C is.
It has very high proration (a measly 5% reduce), NO stun rate, and you can chain it up to 5 times by timing the button presses. Though 4 is enough, since you need 1 spirit gauge for your follow-up BnB combos. It also connects from a jA, though spamming the 4C too much will limit the enemy after the j2A, so no MS.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:18:09 AM by monhan »

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
It has very high proration (a measly 5% reduce), NO stun rate, and you can chain it up to 5 times by timing the button presses. Though 4 is enough, since you need 1 spirit gauge for your follow-up BnB combos. It also connects from a jA, though spamming the 4C too much will limit the enemy after the j2A, so no MS.
...What were they thinking?

Not long now guys until a new era of Touhou fighting is among us. Not long now until release day!  :V

Just found one.  It probably won't ever be used in actual play.  You use Marisa's charged shot (X I guess?) from afar, and then dash towards the opponent while the blast flies.  When it hits them you wait for the wallslam, then combo like the one you've done in your video but without the first hit on air. 

When testing with characters with full health though, I've noticed that sometimes this combo actually doesn't make a 100% kill, but instead leaves the person with, let's say, 99%?  Low enough hp that a single Z jab kills them.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:31:13 PM by Linnah »

Marisa's overcharged shot consists of pure win and awesomeness. Not only it deals huge damage and leaves projectile trail, it deals damage slowly and you can actually strike opponents while they are being hit and locked.

Unrelated, are there any guard crushing moves? How to use them?

Well, if a Spellcard misses then you're certainly doing it wrong. I doubt anyone would fire a Master Spark without assuring that it will land.

Anyway, I made a cheapass, lazy combo for Marisa. Pardon the video quality. Probably due to wrong settings
Not quite a 10k, but close, and arguably the easiest one I've did. Maybe possible with piano, but I'm still not used with it.

I like how ZUN is starting to implement more shooter elements into the fighters. Like Marisa being bugged/OP.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

I like how ZUN is starting to implement more shooter elements into the fighters. Like Marisa being bugged/OP.

Well Marisa's fighting style is Danmaku is power so it's only natural.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

HM is like the only Touhou vs where Marisa isn't really good...

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
HM is like the only Touhou vs where Marisa isn't really good...

Actually, she is high/top tier in HM's latest patch. She's up there with Mamizou, Kokoro, and Ichirin.

Actually, she is high/top tier in HM's latest patch. She's up there with Mamizou, Kokoro, and Ichirin.
That's what I get for not keeping up, then! Marisa is thus always high tier.

In IaMP she had the bonus of being both top tier and The Remilia Killer, only having slight trouble with Sakuya. There was a joke going around with HM that her feet were too strong, so she wasn't allowed to use them in fights anymore.

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
Ehh she wasn't that impressive in soku if we exclude the advantage of being easy to learn/pick up.  ;)

Aaaand brace yourself the game is coming in less than 12 hours !
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:11:23 PM by FearNagae »

Hype train a rollin'

Cheers to the very near future 

Aaaand brace yourself the game is coming in less than 12 hours !
[HYPE INTENSIFIES]

I wonder who this mysterious new boss is going to be.

I thought it was coming out in May 12 x surprised emoticon which i don't know how to do x

But all the more better!!!

Finally we shall find out who is ? ? ? and who is the hidden 15th character!

It's strange it's like the game was just anounced yestarday... time really flies.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:28:51 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
It does feel like yesterday when this was announced. Man, time flies when your schedule's all filled up with finals and watching the demo gameplay  :V

Can't wait to hear those new remixed themes, as well as whatever new theme(s) come out for our new characters.

This hype train... has no breaks.
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?