Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 808091 times)

What Manzairaku can do:
https://vine.co/v/eZABmTH7VHv
I was about to post that as well.

It may be slow and that isn't really practical, but damn if it isn't adorable

I was used a new .exe, and Story Mode was launched! But when I beat Marisa, game crushed again, and then stop working. Is that a demo problems, or something wrong with my computer?

Hi everybody, I'm Jonath's friend who uploaded the game.

I decided to reupload it again, this time with the little fix for Nvidia that "mauve" made (aka, the fix cuc posted earlier)

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9n8cznzpe9y8289/th145_trial.rar

If anyone ever wanted to know what each option in the config menu of ULiL did, here's something I made out of boredom.

Remember to keep that Vsync off AT ALL TIMES.

They use spellcards! Computer in vs mode actually uses spellcards!

Can anyone post controls list? Thanks!

Many thanks for trying to help guys, I've tried putting it in compatibility mode, and it somehow made the exe run... although that's about it, it runs, but the game doesn't actually open. The window appears, but it's all black and instantly closes after 5 seconds.

Oh well, I'm just gonna hope May 10 is going to fix everything.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Can anyone post controls list? Thanks!

That would be helpful. I can't figure out what the "S" key do and they're not explaining it on touhou wiki.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

if anyone wonders or can confirm that - the keys for the occult last words are spellcard+heavy attack.
seems to work for me but that's just from a quick vs comp try and dont have too much time to test it further.

controls

Z = Melee
X = Shots
C = Special attacks
A = Spell Declaration
S = Dash

[X](hold X) = Charged special Shot
C+A = Occult last word
Double Tap A during a combo = Quick spell declaration (cancels current animation and declares spell)

Oh yeah
Z+X = Occult Attack
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:21:52 PM by BATMANDANCEPARTY »

Thanks!

So, S is for movement only and D is unused? Also, how to make different melee attacks? I can't understand when Marisa will swing her broom and when she will snap a star to start basic ZZZZ combo.

Charged shots are cool, but really hard to make. Well, that's how it should be)

How many occult balls do you need to perform an attack / last word?

So, S is for movement only and D is unused? Also, how to make different melee attacks? I can't understand when Marisa will swing her broom and when she will snap a star to start basic ZZZZ combo.

Range. Jabs only happen at close range.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
This new demo feels great so far, but I can't help but notice that little added bit to the end of the storymode where the silhouette counters Reimu instead. From the sound effect and color I'm taking a guess that's some form of lightning/electricity magic she used?

Range. Jabs only happen at close range.

Thanks!

that's some form of lightning/electricity magic she used?

Probably just some usual explosion. Everyone is capable of that)

Oh god that's the best fighting game so far imo.
The occult ball effects don't bother gameplay as SWR/Soku's weather effects, the gameplay doesn't have lots of complex shit like in HM and i can understand what is going on unlike on IaMP.
Totally waiting for the full version

From what I saw you can also do jabs in any range with <- Z, but still feels a bit strange to do it. 

From what I saw you can also do jabs in any range with <- Z, but still feels a bit strange to do it.
It's mimicking Soku's control scheme, which I prefer more due to the fact that there is a dash button now instead of only double tapping.

However I haven't found any 236x style moves, nor does there seem to be the presence of any deck customization.

It's mimicking Soku's control scheme, which I prefer more due to the fact that there is a dash button now instead of only double tapping.

However I haven't found any 236x style moves, nor does there seem to be the presence of any deck customization.

Special moves seem to be with the C button now.  Marisa's uppercut for example is 2C now instead of 22X. 

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Unlike previous fighting games, the demo only comes with a single user profile. To play two player vs. mode on the same computer, you are better off creating at least a second profile (3rd option in the Profile menu), then assign it a new control setting (1st option in the Profile menu).

To select profiles at the character select screen, press C to open the profile window. In this window, for both players, the 1st option selects a profile, and the 2nd option is control setting.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:21:44 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Just asking, but has someone already tried extracting the PAK files using Riatre's tools for HM.
Curious~

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

I don't think so. As I said a bit before, I would be interested as well ^^

Personally i would rather wait until the game is released, because, well there's only 8 days left until we figure out the who, the what and the why about the 15th character and who is the misteryous sillouhete ( by the way excuse my english )
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Yes, let's just wait, guys. Just a few days to go. :)

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Also has someone already been assigned to translation Urban Legend in Limbo yet?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:45:51 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
Also has someone already been assigned to translation Urban Legend in Limbo yet?

Well, lots of people will (hopefully) try and help to translate the game.  :derp:
The hype is killing me.

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Just asking, but has someone already tried extracting the PAK files using Riatre's tools for HM.
Curious~
Riatre's th135arc doesn't seem to do anything with th145.pak.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World

No one gets "assigned" to translating anything unless they're getting paid. Please have a little more respect for our translators than this.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
No one, but brliron did say after HM's english patch release that he's interested in tackling ULiL as well, if the data management in the game works the same way.

Komeiji11

• The Gloomy Power of Love
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I'm pretty sure Reimu starts with an Occult Orb in the new demo... And I don't think she talks to Marisa about mushrooms either.

and here the thread moves into translator burnout reason #1: "it's not even out yet, but who's translating it???!?"

I've seen some people do that so long I'd think they'd be better off just learning basic Japanese because it's not really that hard...

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I've seen some people do that so long I'd think they'd be better off just learning basic Japanese because it's not really that hard...

That's pretty much why I took the whole DoD thing into my own hands, because otherwise people were probably not going to give that a shot until there was some form of a patch, and it's also why I just decided to play the other Strawberry Bose games in Japanese, since I have enough game-related Japanese knowledge to carry me through.

On that note, yeah, it's kinda rude to ask if someone's "assigned" to a translation job. For something like Touhou, translation work's sort of a thankless job that translators use their free time on. I think some people forget that, but I've been around some of the more recent translation projects enough to know that it really is a lot of work that people are doing. For nothing in return. Normally people get paid for this. Just think about it like that.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!