Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807866 times)

None of the download links work for me. Since this is a publicly available demo, is it okay if someone uploads it to a cloud storage service like Dropbox or Google Drive?

Okay I hope I can put a link there. One of my friends reuploaded the game on mediafire so that people don't end up having too much problems with the original mirrors.
This is the trial so hopefully this is ok ? Feel free to delete my post if not. (I'm so sorry in that case).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/exzr2sr7xnqrp21/th145_trial.zip

FIFTEEN SLOTS
THE RUMOURS WERE TRUE
THERE'S AN UNREVEALED VETERAN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Formless God

muh bones

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Either Nue or Seija. ...or maybe Kaguya. Oh boy, just 1 week to go! I can barely wait!

Sweetness and love~ ♥

That screenshot really highlights the sameface, doesn't it. Presumably one of those slots would need to be a random select in any case?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:47:01 PM by notext »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
So... I downloaded the new trial but it's not even working here. When I double click the .exe, nothing happens at all.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

So... I downloaded the new trial but it's not even working here. When I double click the .exe, nothing happens at all.
Try verifying the .zip file to see if the MD5 hash matches the one on Tasofro's site. The demo worked fine for me, even with the language set to English.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
The web trial doesn't run at all on the nVidia GPU for me. However, it does run on integrated Intel graphics (which inevitably means it runs really slow).

It could also be a totally new penultimate boss character like Iku was.

The solution for enabling the game with an nVidia GPU is to rename the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager into something else
I had to do that, had the same problem before (not able to launch the game)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
And Touhou came to this.... DLC Slots!

But for real, I wonder if I didn't read or if they would require to copy data over the last game to unlock all the characters.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:23:39 PM by Berzul »

The stage-select menu now displays the music titles as well. The default Hakurei Shrine BGM is "Seven-Orb Collection Showdown" (七玉蒐集ショウダウン), and the default Kourindou BGM is "Occult ? la Carte" (オカルトアラカルト). Both are by Akiyama Uni.

Kasen's first new spell card, "Prosthetic Arm Proteus", is a grab move that emits a tornado of bandages diagonally down. Should the opponent get caught in them, Kasen flings them across the screen. Her second card, "Hawk Beacon", creates a rainbow beacon like the ones from her charged projectile attack. With this powered-up beacon on screen, her up special (firing Kanda at any beacons present) will create an additional explosion of bullets. The powered-up beacon will remain on screen until it's been used four times.
edit: Video of the new cards: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26173688

She also has a new neutral special move that summons Manzairaku, the giant seal from WaHH chapter 22. He(?) bounces a beach ball off his nose; if you perform the move again before the ball falls, he can bounce it multiple times across the screen.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:18:10 PM by gilde »

Formless God

But for real, I wonder if I didn't read or if they would require to copy data over the last game to unlock all the characters.
why would you do that it's a demo

And Touhou came to this.... DLC Slots!

I would have no problem with DLC characters. DLC that adds completely new content to games is perfectly fine, unlike certain developers and their obvious money-grabbing practices. And to answer your question, I'm pretty sure ULiL is a standalone game.

The solution for enabling the game with an nVidia GPU is to rename the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager into something else
I had to do that, had the same problem before (not able to launch the game)
A command script can easily solve this:

Code: [Select]

rename "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager_"
(address of ULiL goes here)
rename "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager_" "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager"

Confirmed to be working on my laptop. Until they patch this, that would be the most painless way to play it. You can probably add some IF statements to detect 32/64 bit configurations, but this should do it for most people.

It could also be a totally new penultimate boss character like Iku was.

I doubt that. The rumour that gave us the hint that there may be a fifteenth character was that Twilight Frontier confirmed the participation of Cool&Create, who have no songs in the trailer. So, the mystery veteran will have a song by Cool&Create, not by ZUN. Which means that the mystery veteran will be a returning character, given that ZUN always composes the theme songs for new characters himself. This is true for Suika in IaMP, for Iku and Tenshi in SWR, for the final boss in Hisoutensoku and for Kokoro in HM, and I can't see why it wouldn't be true now.

Hey by the way, about that supposed penultimate boss, perhaps the name has been added into the game ? Someone should check the memory trace of an execution in order to find if one has been added (I would do it myself but I don't have any about how to do it).

Doing some investigation as to why it's not running into wine, pretty sure I know why it's not working on some nvidia setups now. There's a startup anti-hacking check to make sure that all the dlls are contained within the windows system directory and not elsewhere, so If you have a hex editor, here's a thing to try on th145.exe:

At address 00257e16, you will see
0f 83 d8 00 00 00change this to
e9 d9 00 00 00 90
If this fixes that, I'm gonna die of laughter.

fsvgm777

e9 d9 00 00 00 90
Get ready to die of laughter, because that actually fixed it for me.

(I couldn't even rename the directory Tasofro specified, because many other programs are using the DLLs in it)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:27:47 PM by fsvgm777 »

way to go, tasofro.

Still doesn't quite work on wine but that gets past the startup for me.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
e9 d9 00 00 00 90

lol, it worked for me as well

Thank you, sir. :V

Sweetness and love~ ♥

fsvgm777

Actually, it's not quite fixed for me, since selecting Story Mode, Vs Com or Vs Player causes the game to close itself (crash?).

Sorry for the false hope.

EDIT: It was because I copied the score.dat and system.dat from the previous trial to the web trial. Nevermind, the game works properly now after removing them.

(I guess that's what happens when you're awake late at night)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:07:15 PM by fsvgm777 »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Actually, now that I think about it more...

I hate to disappoint, but could not one of those slots be reserved for the "random" choice? Hopeless Masquerade had it, and pretty much any regular fighter has it too.

I can't find a way to select the character at random on ULiL, so... if that is true, then that means no returning veteran.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Actually, now that I think about it more...

I hate to disappoint, but could not one of those slots be reserved for the "random" choice? Hopeless Masquerade had it, and pretty much any regular fighter has it too.

I can't find a way to select the character at random on ULiL, so... if that is true, then that means no returning veteran.

Those boxes are usually in the center of the character selection screen, which here is occupied by Kasen.

And besides, Hisoutensoku didn't have a random choice box either - you selected a random character by pressing A. They could do the same thing here for the full version.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Those boxes are usually in the center of the character selection screen, which here is occupied by Kasen.

And besides, Hisoutensoku didn't have a random choice box either - you selected a random character by pressing A. They could do the same thing here for the full version.

Oh. It's been a long while since I last touched Soku so I don't even remember anymore.

That's good to hear, I guess I can stop worrying now. XD

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Hey by the way, about that supposed penultimate boss, perhaps the name has been added into the game ? Someone should check the memory trace of an execution in order to find if one has been added (I would do it myself but I don't have any about how to do it).
th145.pak appears to be encrypted, so any chance of scraping information from there seems futile. Using Process Explorer's "printable strings scan" on the game executable as well as RAM pages reveals random bits of C/C++ code, generic message tables (in English!), as well as parameters used to compile the game. Since this is just a trial, I'd expect them to remove references to things that would be in the retail version of the game, unless they wanted us to find out.

As much as we'd all like to uncover this "secret" character, let's keep in mind that the game will be released in exactly a week. Those who can't contain the hype can dive deeper into the void of code, but at this point I'm content with waiting ;p

th145.pak appears to be encrypted, so any chance of scraping information from there seems futile. Using Process Explorer's "printable strings scan" on the game executable as well as RAM pages reveals random bits of C/C++ code, generic message tables (in English!), as well as parameters used to compile the game. Since this is just a trial, I'd expect them to remove references to things that would be in the retail version of the game, unless they wanted us to find out.

Well, apparently they failed to remove the references in the previous trial versions, leading the early reveal of Nitori, Koishi, Mamizou for HM, and Mokou and Shinmyoumaru for ULiL. If they left all those in by accident, it seems kind odd that they'd go out of their way to remove another one. Unless they learned of the leaks recently and fixed their mistake.

Drake

e9 d9 00 00 00 90
rofl "eh just skip it and jump"

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I don't have nVidia but the demo didn't work for me either

BUT

The hex edit on the exe worked its magic and I can play it properly so the fix presented earlier should hopefully work for others too