Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 808002 times)

Well, people are speculating on this too, about Nue possibly being in the game (source is Touhoumemory's blog)

It's thought to be a hidden reference to Nue's Danmaku X spellcard from DS. (B-But...that's Pacman!)
Also, there's her other SCs, like
  • Unidentified "Purple Mirror"
  • Unidentified "Red Cloak, Blue Cloak"
  • Unidentified "Hanako-san in the Toilet"
Any of those ring a bell?

Either she's Nue in disguise(which is unlikely since Mamizou was listed with her name back in HM) or a separate character. Still, remember the "???" in the gamecode? Perhaps that is Nue fooling with our perception using her Seed of Non-Identification 

Unrelated, but I look forward to what this guy have in mind for the rest of ULiL's casts
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25793936
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:20:46 AM by monhan »

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
Now that you mentioned it... it does make sense, considering how Nue has a Urban Legend status herself, unlike some of the other girls that reference them in their spellcards (if any, currently busy with some other things to remember from the top of my head)

I'm so excited to see her in the cast! It would have been slightly odd to have a cast of 14 instead of 15, going by previous games. Then again, it's not like ZUN has a pattern or something...
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
It's sorta an elephant in the room thing, but the character profile showed that the main reason Mokou needs to Resurrect herself in a fight is because her body cannot withstand her own fire. If nothing else, the fighting games are the best opportunities to clarify the characters' fighting styles.

We got plenty of hints for Mokou's self-immolation in Touhou 14.3, but actually this was represented as early as The Wind Extra, the manga that comes with BAiJR.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
That, or, you know... she's a naturally flat chested woman.
Those exist.
Or her choice of fashion isn't naturally conductive to showing off her figure.  At all.

Well, those are good alternative theories as to why Mokou is that way. But honestly, the reason that I said that was due to me trying to solve the fridge logic of Mokou being all grown up when she took the elixir as a child, in spite of the fact that the elixir is supposed to keep a person from growing up or old at all. I mean, if it was supposed to keep her from growing up at all, then shouldn't Mokou look no different then the day that she took the elixir? That kind of bothered me a bit, in all truth...

Oh, and sorry if this sort of thing is considered derailing the subject, I didn't mean to cause such issues. I'm just saying what I think is all...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
We don't know how old she was when she took the Elixir. We only know that she was "young", which's very vague. Also note that the drawing of her from CiLR shows that she looked pretty much exactly the same before she drunk the Elixir as she does now; the only thing that changed is that her hair now reaches her feet and turned white.

Why her hair changed at all is unknown. Maybe the Elixir has a weird effect on humans, considering it was made for a Lunarian and all.

On another note, who here wanna bet that Mokou will have a Kaguya pallete?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:43:50 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Also note that the drawing of her from CiLR shows that she looked pretty much exactly the same before she drunk the Elixir as she does now; the only thing that changed is that her hair now reaches her feet and turned white.
Huh, she was flat as a board there too. :V

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
Huh, she was flat as a board there too. :V
Every drawing of her in official works show her as being flat chested.

Incidentally, the same applies to Kaguya.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

And almost every other Touhou character.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Mokou needs to Resurrect herself in a fight is because her body cannot withstand her own fire.
I always thoughts the amulets on her outfit / hair was in order to protect her from that. Well not sure if she has those amulets as pasties on her body :V

Then there is also her spell card, possessed by the phoenix.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
I always thoughts the amulets on her outfit / hair was in order to protect her from that. Well not sure if she has those amulets as pasties on her body :V

Then there is also her spell card, possessed by the phoenix.
I was going to mention that actually.  That, and the fact that her title in Shoot the Bullet was "Human Immune to Death by Fire"--now that she can take damage from fire, I'm sure someone's gonna be a smartass and self-KO Mokou with her ability. :V

If I had to take a guess as to some sort of explanation, I'd say that maybe the amulets come with a catch--she can't catch fire, but perhaps she's still vulnerable to the heat from the fire itself.

cuc

Those only protects her hair and trousers from accidentally catching fire. She can generally keep fire away from her shirt, and when she "resurrects", she's regenerating her heavily burnt arms. That's my current reading based on her new portrait.

Re: "Human Immune to Death by Fire"

That's technically not an inaccurate translation, although the word "immune" is too neutral and doesn't fit the derisive, smartass tone of StB titles. The original is 焼死しない人间, probably better translated as "Human Who Won't Die from Burning" or "Human Who Can't Be Killed by Fire" - she may burn, but she won't die.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:08:01 AM by cuc »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Some silly things came into my mind: You know that makes Mokou in my book even more awesome. Because her body will regenerate / resurrect, you cannot resurrect the clothing.

But what about her hair? Is she using those amulets to avoid her hair from burning? So she doesn't resurrects bald? :V :V :V ?

I'll ask more about this I guess over at Addict Section.

Edit:

That reminds me by the way. In Defence of the Shrines 1, Mokou's ultimate would set her on fire and get phoenix wings. When the ability ended, she would keep on burning losing lots of HP and you would eventually die. Unless you used her other skill to resurrect.

It seems the Chinese devs were quite aware of Mokou's abilities and backfire.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:54:29 AM by Helepolis »

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
I always wondered why she never used amulets on her shirt, though
If she routinely sets herself on fire she's certainly burn it away, regardless on how careful she is with her other attacks.
Maybe it's already made from fireproof materials.

And almost every other Touhou character.
There are enough exceptions for this not to be a rule.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

cuc

Takoyaki Neko, the sprite artist for Shinmyoumaru has spoken about his contribution on twitter. He was the main sprite artist for Futo in HM.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Some silly things came into my mind: You know that makes Mokou in my book even more awesome. Because her body will regenerate / resurrect, you cannot resurrect the clothing.

But what about her hair? Is she using those amulets to avoid her hair from burning? So she doesn't resurrects bald? :V :V :V ?

I'll ask more about this I guess over at Addict Section.

That is probably why her hair is white :V

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
Well, people are speculating on this too, about Nue possibly being in the game (source is Touhoumemory's blog)

It's thought to be a hidden reference to Nue's Danmaku X spellcard from DS. (B-But...that's Pacman!)
Also, there's her other SCs, like
  • Unidentified "Purple Mirror"
  • Unidentified "Red Cloak, Blue Cloak"
  • Unidentified "Hanako-san in the Toilet"
Any of those ring a bell?

Either she's Nue in disguise(which is unlikely since Mamizou was listed with her name back in HM) or a separate character. Still, remember the "???" in the gamecode? Perhaps that is Nue fooling with our perception using her Seed of Non-Identification 

Unrelated, but I look forward to what this guy have in mind for the rest of ULiL's casts
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25793936

To add to that theory, there's also another spellcard Nue uses in TD. Unkown "Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics". Remind you of anything? Considering Nue called Mamizou in for help in TD, I'm guessing if she has any ties with the antagonist, she'll be the one to have brought her into Gensokyo.

cuc

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
A batch of new screenshots at the Melonbooks site.

https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=123901
So I guess the big question is, are team HM getting a story mode too?

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
And the entire HM cast got their own urban legends to boot, awesome. Also from the look of the Mokou/Sukuna screenshot, the castle of shining needles will be a stage too?

Wait wut? Mamizou in office lady suits and use tentacle ? Unzan turns into a woman? Mokou-tan being badass like always?
Need to buy this game.

Wow, those have been there since day one? I didn't think of checking it.
So those are their occult skills, huh... I can guess some of them, but let's just wait. That left us with Byakuren, Miko and Nitori's then.
Kokoro's adorable, though

cuc

Futo's legend: Banchou no Sarayashiki

Ichirin: either Slit-mouth woman, an old one, or Hasshaku-sama, a new legend originating from 2ch.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
Futo still seems to have at least some sort of "plate counter". I'm glad.

And hello Mami.

cuc

Larger screenshots at Toranoana, with a new one showing Kasen's dragon, Mokou's bamboo forest stage, and a spell card:
不死「凱風快晴飛翔蹴」
Deathless "Flying Kick of South Wind, Clear Sky"

http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/29/82/040030298262.html

7TC7

• In best company
Larger screenshots at Toranoana, with a new one showing Kasen's dragon, Mokou's bamboo forest stage, and a spell card:
不死「凱風快晴飛翔蹴」
Deathless "Flying Kick of South Wind, Clear Sky"

http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/29/82/040030298262.html

Looks like they updated Kasens sprites from the demo (added the rose-vine-pattern on her dress). I assume this is the death of 1-frame-tiger.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:53:37 PM by 7TC7 »
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Mhhh.... guys...

Always following codes found by Brliron, our project administrator from Touhou-Online and who made, with help from some MoTK members, the english translation patch of Touhou 13.5 - Hopeless Masquerade...

In the game files, next to "reimu", "marisa" and "kasen" name, we sometimes find "hanako". Also, the script file describing the scene before the "To be continue" at the end of the demo, where we see the shadow of the probably final boss, it loads a file called "hanako.csv". It's so probable that the final boss is a Hanako from toilets.
And more, it corresponds well to the story game, as it's about urban legends.
Also, there is a file with binary data which have:
"reimu........marisa........ichirin........miko........koishi........hijiri........kokoro........mamizou........nitori........futo........kasen........mokou........sinmyoumaru........hanako"
(Each point is a byte which corresponds to no caracters)... the characters found in the demo (mokou, sinmyoumaru) are confirmed in the complete version, so hanako seems probable if we follow the logic.

In resume, following the game files, Hanako-san SHOULD be the final boss, according to the demo, as Mokou and Shinmyoumaru have been confirmed.
We don't say it's CONFIRMED, but it should be Hanako-san.

Proof (from Brliron):
ftp://touhou-online.net/temp/extra/(null).2388.csv

In this file, there are the following lines:
#フェイス画像参照の定義
,LoadImageDef,"data/event/pic/reimu.csv"
,LoadImageDef,"data/event/pic/hanako.csv"

Source:
http://www.touhou-online.net/actualites/79-news/latest-news/313-touhou145-sortira-bientot
Original source:
http://www.touhou-online.net/actualites/79-news/latest-news/304-touhou145-demo-download
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:37:47 PM by -NightLunya- »

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
Ohh, so some stages are getting a night/foggy version, it's actually very cool.

Also did someone noticed Koishi's phone thingy above her head? I'm glad the HM cast returns, we will get a rich cast with them back (Plus I loved HM) I wonder though if they will get new themes/arranges, it would be cool to listen to a new Kokoro theme
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:04:04 PM by Auraldo »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Also did someone noticed Koishi's phone thingy above her head?

I also noticed it. Maybe its a reference to Mary-san? I don't have a good source, but I believe its a story about a doll who got discarded, but then kept on calling her owner about where she was, escalating her calling her owner behind them and then killing them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:00:52 PM by ToyoRai »

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
Wait wut? Mamizou in office lady suits and use tentacle ?
The tentacle thing looks like a stereotypical Japanese depiction of an alien. I dunno, maybe she's meant to be one of the Men in Black?

Ichirin: either Slit-mouth woman, an old one, or Hasshaku-sama, a new legend originating from 2ch.
Slit-mouth woman is the first thing I thought of after looking at Kokoro's grin attack. (Well either that or "Why so serious?")

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
U-Unzan ?! I'll assume Unzan is still the manly stubborn old man but only become like this whenever Ichirin uses her occult spells, my brain can't process this...

So I guess the big question is, are team HM getting a story mode too?
Now that they have their own occult stuff too, it is very likely. If the story mode is going to be like in the demo, where you don't even get to select your own character, we might get an extravagant story mode for this one. I hope so anyway.

Also, Kokoro practicing her expressions is adorable