Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807984 times)

They've usually been like that. Ever since ZUN started putting romanized names in the games (PCB). It means nothing.

And even then, the latest images have the names back to "Kirisame Marisa" and "Hakurei Reimu", which for some reason I didn't notice until just now.

So yeah, I said nothing.

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
Any idea on what the last words for Mokou and Sukuna will be then?
OnanothernotewegotnewsearlierthanexpectedWOOOOOOOOOOO

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
While Reimu, Marisa and Kasen look bit chubby (due to their facial structure) > Mokou and Shinmyoumaru look normal again. I guess some of the girls ate bit too much since HM :V
We can also talk about how, Reimu has her hair magically grown in each fighting series...
Mwahahahahha!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Just the fighting series, you say?  :V

Koog

Just the fighting series, you say?  :V
Forbidden Scrollery too right? I haven't seen her anywhere else with long hair...
EDIT: Oh, UFO too...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:21:13 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
*high-pitched screaming*
Goddamn these news made my day!

Now if only Seiga also somehow gets in.......

Forbidden Scrollery too right? I haven't seen her anywhere else with long hair...
And in PC-98. And in PoFV. And MoF.
Considering sometimes a whole year passes between games, it isn't too surprising her hair would change length between games.

On a side note, the midget seems kinda big here, how tall is she supposed to be ?!
She used the mallet to get big again, most certainly. She was waiting for it to recharge so she could do just that in FS.

Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Koog

And in PC-98. And in PoFV. And MoF.
Yeah. I knew about PC-98. Haven't noticed PoFV had long hair. And I forgot MoF...
*high-pitched screaming*
Goddamn these news made my day!

Now if only Seiga also somehow gets in.......
Sanae? Everybody forgets Sanae!!
Mwahahahahha!

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Sorry for being late for the Fujiwara hype train, but since the following came up...

Spoiler:
On another note, Mokou is officially flat as a board

I would like to make a note on why that is...

Spoiler:
I personally blame the Hourai Elixir as the reason for Mokou's flatness, as it prevented her body from experiencing puberty and all the effects that it would have, including chest size. After all, one dose of Hourai does "prevent one from growing up", and Mokou took all three, so it makes sense that she's flat. She grew in height because that's what her body was doing, and I don't think that the Hourai Elixir prevents growth in that way. But as for the proportions that grown women end up having compared to little girls, Mokou effectively missed out. Not saying that that's a negative for Mokou, just different.

Come to think of it, I imagine that a whole discussion could be made out of that, couldn't it?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
Spoiler:
I personally blame the Hourai Elixir as the reason for Mokou's flatness, as it prevented her body from experiencing puberty and all the effects that it would have, including chest size. After all, one dose of Hourai does "prevent one from growing up", and Mokou took all three, so it makes sense that she's flat. She grew in height because that's what her body was doing, and I don't think that the Hourai Elixir prevents growth in that way. But as for the proportions that grown women end up having compared to little girls, Mokou effectively missed out. Not saying that that's a negative for Mokou, just different.
That, or, you know... she's a naturally flat chested woman.
Those exist.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Like almost every game she had been having alternative length of hair, whether it be short, medium or long.

Mokou looks like she hardly cares in her introduction portrait and Shinmyoumaru is hyped/excited about this. I am digging this game for now, and need to get my hands on it at Reitaisai.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Like almost every game she had been having alternative length of hair, whether it be short, medium or long.
There have to be some sort of hardcore hairdresser working behind the scenes

There have to be some sort of hardcore hairdresser working behind the scenes

I like thinking there are youkai hairdressers and tailors that give every girl pretty looks as games go by

I like thinking there are youkai hairdressers and tailors that give every girl pretty looks as games go by
they would totally be kamikiri

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
By the way, considering that the AI isn't a total derp now, I hope there's gonna be an Arcade Mode.

Well, this was a nice surprise!  Shinmyoumaru is extremely adorable!

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
That, or, you know... she's a naturally flat chested woman.
Those exist.
Or her choice of fashion isn't naturally conductive to showing off her figure.  At all.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
My friends did the thing they usually do.

The cover art, aside from the logo, consist of three main layers: the character silhouette, decorative patterns, and a photo of a telecom tower. The combination of geometrically shaped holes on the patterns, shapes that are part of the patterns themselves, and some devious use of pallettes, has made the cover hard to read. It's easy to mistake some of the holes with the character silhouette.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:18:42 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Huh, those kinda look like cards around her, is that of any significance (aside from spell cards)?

PK

• Border of Whatever
Huh, those kinda look like cards around her, is that of any significance (aside from spell cards)?
Well, either spell cards (it's the spell card tsukumogami!) or ofuda like those used by Reimu.
Or maybe they are simple papers and the character's ability is to materialize things drawn on them, like that guy from jojo.

Where's her other leg?

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
Mmm, I'm going to take a wild guess and say those "cards" around her are playing cards that she utilizes in some way, maybe part of her ability or her danmaku? Maybe she'll be the youkai of cheating, I'm presuming because of her cape and her overly-flashy reveal that she'll be another character that might fit under the bill as a genuinely antagonistic touhou.

7TC7

• In best company
I'm now getting the feel of a shady fortune teller from her. It surely would fit the occult theme and the cards could also hint in that direction.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

I'm now getting the feel of a shady fortune teller from her. It surely would fit the occult theme and the cards could also hint in that direction.

That would make sense.

Or this:

Kyōrinrin - Possessed scrolls or papers.

(taken from Wiki)

A tsukumogami created from newspaper stories of unexplained phenomena (the papers it has in the silhoutte are alleged photographs of UFO's bigfoots, etc., and she can get the to become real.

My friends did the thing they usually do.

The cover art, aside from the logo, consist of three main layers: the character silhouette, decorative patterns, and a photo of a telecom tower. The combination of geometrically shaped holes on the patterns, shapes that are part of the patterns themselves, and some devious use of pallettes, has made the cover hard to read. It's easy to mistake some of the holes with the character silhouette.

Methinks she's going to be some sort of mix between several urban legends. I mean...
1) Her name is Hanako, like the toilet spirit (At least according to the data rip).
2) Assuming those square things are paper, they could be Aka Manto's red and blue paper.
3) She seems to have only one leg, which hints towards Keshima Reiko (even though that one lost both her legs).
I wish this could explain what's up with her strange turban-with-a-handle, though (Gozu, maybe?).

So I'm gonna assume our newhu is either that or a Kyorinrin, like Malyszeq said (Who knows, maybe she's even both!).

Maple

• Mukyuu!

From the right-upper part, i thought it may be those zig zag papers (shide), the ones on Reimu's gohei, Kanako's shimewara, and Tenshi's keystones. Not that there'd a high chance of it being the case if she were the 2evil4u character archetype.

About Mokou, can you imagine the difference in her being able to KO herself by using her own moves and being left with merely 1 hp?

I'm surprised people aren't talking that much about Nue. Some have said her spellcards were references to Urban Legends. Well here we go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOmgTjn4Oc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7fFxjstkDE

Ninja edit :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxStoWBHKsI
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:06:07 PM by Jonath »

PK

• Border of Whatever
I thought the same Jonath, i can't believe Nue isn't involved at all in this. Maybe Hanako (the silhouette) is related to her and Mamizou in some way, and this would give Mami at least a single reason to be in the game.

Koog

Remember there's usually a midboss before the boss...
Who do you think it will be?
Mwahahahahha!

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
Actually if I'm right we saw Hanako and Boss in the names found in the files, that could mean there is another space for another character (although it's very unlikely it's Nue because instead of Hanako it would say Nue, as with every old character)