Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 807924 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
I'd like to see Yuugi as a grapple-oriented character, but seeing how the game's designed that would make her kinda relatively broken compared to others, wouldn't it?

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff

Talking about that silhouette, here is a small update of what she could possibly look like (according to the exact shape of the silhouette):

I kinda imagine the hat more shaped like this:

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三

Oh my. You opened my eyes. I really think you're right.
Something always bothered me and I couldn't tell what exactly all this time.

You're probably one of the first to look at it this way.
*applauses Quwanti*

パチパチパチ
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:15:09 AM by ElGreko »

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Talking about that silhouette, here is a small update of what she could possibly look like (according to the exact shape of the silhouette):

For some reason that image reminds me of Yumemi.....

Tengukami's version had me laugh so hard i almost choked  :D

Hunh, now she makes me think of Renko.

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
I don't think the hat looks like that. If you see it in game the triangle looks like it has different line thickness (?) than the other part, making it feels like the triangle and the others are different thing.

Hmm interesting. Is Kasen holding back then in this game? Also now we have the part with the shadow translated... I'm curious about the occult aura.

Yeah, she would be holding back, she is likely to be one of the 4 devas after all. She would be a final boss equivalent.

I'd like to see Yuugi as a grapple-oriented character, but seeing how the game's designed that would make her kinda relatively broken compared to others, wouldn't it?

Suika was a grapple-ish character. If they are going to implement grapple moves, its going to be like the ones you see in the older fighter games, IaMP, SWR, and Hisoutensoku.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Hunh, now she makes me think of Renko.

Or Yuki has finally made her return! ... Naw...

I've been staring at the shadows just trying to come up with something but it's really well hidden, at first I though it was facing to the right but now it could be both ways. That damn head could be so many things, Zun uses silhouettes all the time on his covers so I find it silly how we get one in game and now theres so much talk about it. Talk about PR goodness.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
As the event takes place in Gensoukyo, Renko is hardly plausible here.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
An hypothesis (not to be taken too seriously):

Causer of the incident (or a friend of hers) has some relation with Keine. Her power is hiding history and creating it in hakutaku form (full moon only), but her power isn't advanced (in IN, the player characters could remember the location and details of the Human Village, Yukari being herself could clearly see it).

Ms. Incident Causer did Something Particularly BadTM, Keine erased her history, but people could still remember fractions of her and then boom,  urban legends.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
If you look at her sprite in game she has water ripples around her, she's half in water.
Perhaps she's flying right above the surface, close enough to come in contact with it.

Perhaps she's flying right above the surface, close enough to come in contact with it.

Her sprite in DDC has distortion and ripples from the waist down (i.e. her whole tail is submerged), so this seems unlikely.
puush will do until I get a more reliable image hosting
It's a kind of strange pose (she's sitting...?) but I think it's supposed to look like she's floating, rather than hovering.

Then again, they could make underwater stages (it's probably not too much of a leap to go from aerial to submarine fights, maybe making movements a bit slower or somesuch) and apply the same restriction that Remilia had in IaMP/SWR/Hisoutensoku (can only fight on night or indoor stages). That'd also be a good excuse to include, say, Murasa. But... it seems kinda unlikely. Wakasagihime is stated explicitly not to have a combative personality (so no real motivation to get involved, unlike, say, Cirno in Hisoutensoku or Remilia in SWR) and she doesn't really have mobility (as stated, she doesn't have legs, for starters, and it's not clear if she can really fly, besides she seems to be quite weak out of water).

The backstory, however, mentions urban legends in relation to children. It might be a bit of a stretch, but maybe that'd be a good reason to include at least one character known for being childish to the roster, maybe propagating those rumors, for example. It could be Cirno, since she's already appeared in a fighter and has appeared in recent games (12.3-12.8-14-14.3) or Sukuna, since her mallet could actually have influence in a "urban legends becoming real" kind of incident. Just a bit of speculation for fun.

Her sprite in DDC has distortion and ripples from the waist down (i.e. her whole tail is submerged), so this seems unlikely.
It's a kind of strange pose (she's sitting...?) but I think it's supposed to look like she's floating, rather than hovering.

Then again, they could make underwater stages (it's probably not too much of a leap to go from aerial to submarine fights, maybe making movements a bit slower or somesuch) and apply the same restriction that Remilia had in IaMP/SWR/Hisoutensoku (can only fight on night or indoor stages). That'd also be a good excuse to include, say, Murasa. But... it seems kinda unlikely. Wakasagihime is stated explicitly not to have a combative personality (so no real motivation to get involved, unlike, say, Cirno in Hisoutensoku or Remilia in SWR) and she doesn't really have mobility (as stated, she doesn't have legs, for starters, and it's not clear if she can really fly, besides she seems to be quite weak out of water).

The backstory, however, mentions urban legends in relation to children. It might be a bit of a stretch, but maybe that'd be a good reason to include at least one character known for being childish to the roster, maybe propagating those rumors, for example. It could be Cirno, since she's already appeared in a fighter and has appeared in recent games (12.3-12.8-14-14.3) or Sukuna, since her mallet could actually have influence in a "urban legends becoming real" kind of incident. Just a bit of speculation for fun.

I wouldn't be surprised Wakasagihime makes it into the game after hearing that. Also, we can expect Remilia  :V playable because of a popular rumor which has been mentioned here and i believe Youtube as well: Chupacabra ( or however it's pronounced ). Speaking of a playable Remilia, she would have the sunlight limitation in which she can only fight in x number of stages. Playable Shinmyoumaru Sakuna...  :V i would love to she how she would play like, i agree with you here honestly :) the Miracle Mallet has the potential to cause Urban Legends to become real. Here are my expectations for Touhou 14.5 Urban Legend in Limbo character roster:

Confirmed Characters: Reimu , Marisa, Kasen and ? ? ?

Possible Characters: All of HM cast, Wakasagihime, Seija, Seiga with or without Yoshika, Suika, Maybe Shinmyoumaru Sakuna, Remilia, Yuugi, Kaguya, Mokou, Eirin

But in terms in Urban Legend wise...

Confirmed Characters: Reimu, Marisa, Kasen and ? ? ?

Possible Characters: Yuugi and maybe Suika, all of HM cast, Remilia, Wakasagihime, Seiga with or without Yoshika, Seija and maybe Shinmyoumaru Sakuna, Eirin or Reisen or Medicine

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

game2011

• magneiptVE
She does look like she's sitting on water, so I'd say she's flying with her tail underwater.  She gets stronger when in water after all, so it makes sense for her to keep a part of her body in water in order to have more power when fighting.

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
She does look like she's sitting on water, so I'd say she's flying with her tail underwater.  She gets stronger when in water after all, so it makes sense for her to keep a part of her body in water in order to have more power when fighting.

That would make her a weak character right? Anyway it would be too weird to see Wakasigihime flying, with her tail just flapping around, besides it's been already settled in this discussion that Wakasgihime is much more of a relaxed character, she has no reason to fight anyone, moreover she lives in the lake. What business she could have with the urban legends at the village? I don't think she is the kind of youkai that visits the village too often, she lives a rather easy life with no complications.

Causer of the incident (or a friend of hers) has some relation with Keine. Her power is hiding history and creating it in hakutaku form (full moon only), but her power isn't advanced (in IN, the player characters could remember the location and details of the Human Village, Yukari being herself could clearly see it).

Ms. Incident Causer did Something Particularly BadTM, Keine erased her history, but people could still remember fractions of her and then boom,  urban legends.

This sounds great, I actually expect Keine to appear, she during IN protects the village by making it disappear so we can say she watches over the village. And if someone is using the legends to cause mayhem well, I expect her to make a move

game2011

• magneiptVE
That would make her a weak character right? Anyway it would be too weird to see Wakasigihime flying, with her tail just flapping around, besides it's been already settled in this discussion that Wakasgihime is much more of a relaxed character, she has no reason to fight anyone, moreover she lives in the lake. What business she could have with the urban legends at the village? I don't think she is the kind of youkai that visits the village too often, she lives a rather easy life with no complications.
I wasn't saying I want her playable at all, but just claiming that she can fly.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Not that much weaker than Nitori or Cirno. Like someone mentioned previously, the actual strength of a char is not determining to be in a cast or not. But I won't really bet she'll be in the game yup, even if it's possible, it would be weird to have a flying mermaid in the game. But for the story, if Nitori made it in Shinkirou, anyone can make it, lol.

I think the same. Also, Marisa is supposed to be one of the only chars (if not the only one) who can't fly on their own. There is no reason Wakasagihime couldn't fly, even regarding the story, it wouldn't make sense.

Confirmed Characters: Reimu , Marisa, Kasen and ? ? ?
Possible Characters: All of HM cast, Wakasagihime, Seija, Seiga with or without Yoshika, Suika, Maybe Shinmyoumaru Sakuna, Remilia, Yuugi, Kaguya, Mokou, Eirin
But in terms in Urban Legend wise...
Confirmed Characters: Reimu, Marisa, Kasen and ? ? ?
Possible Characters: Yuugi and maybe Suika, all of HM cast, Remilia, Wakasagihime, Seiga with or without Yoshika, Seija and maybe Shinmyoumaru Sakuna, Eirin or Reisen or Medicine
Don't you mean "Characters I'd personally like to see in the game" ?   (I loled at "confirmed character: ? ? ?")
Also: Hisoutensoku cast is not to be expected.

[...] Playable Shinmyoumaru Sakuna...  :V  [...]

Possible Characters: All of HM cast, Wakasagihime, Seija, Seiga with or without Yoshika, Suika, Maybe Shinmyoumaru Sakuna, Remilia, Yuugi, Kaguya, Mokou, Eirin [...]

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:10:19 PM by ElGreko »

game2011

• magneiptVE

I think the same. Also, Marisa is supposed to be one of the only chars (if not the only one) who can't fly on their own. There is no reason Wakasagihime couldn't fly, even regarding the story, it wouldn't make sense.
12.8 shows her flying without her broom.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
12.8 shows her flying without her broom.

I know. That's why I say she is supposed to. I still don't think that's relevant to her background and the fact she usually always need her broom to fly. Oh and I was also saying that to strengthen and defend what you first said, by the way...

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~

If it turns like that, then I'll be expecting 2 new characters (too optimistic, I know): the-hypotheticaly-related-to-Keine one and the one who is related to the occult balls: I can't find how to the balls and the weather-ish thing are related to the rumours

Not that much weaker than Nitori or Cirno. Like someone mentioned previously, the actual strength of a char is not determining to be in a cast or not. But I won't totally bet she'll be in the game yup, even if it's possible, it would be weird to have a flying mermaid in the game. But for the story, if Nitori made it in Shinkirou, anyone can make it, lol.
Well, If you think of Nitori's story as what was the non religious people's take on HM's incident, then it make a bit more sense. That or they just wanted to put at least one representative of each Touhou  non decimal games starting from MoF in HM.

Colticide

• Awoo!~

I can't remember which book it was but Marisa needs no help to fly. The only reason why she uses a broom mostly it because she thinks a witch needs a broom. It doesn't help her fly what so ever.

Also regarding wakasagihime, I'm only going on what info we have, its been said that everyone in gensokyo can fly, but there are still many who don't. We've only seen her twice and both times were in water, until we actually see her flying or in zun says anything related, I can't just make up she is flying with out evidence.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
I can't remember which book it was but Marisa needs no help to fly. The only reason why she uses a broom mostly it because she thinks a witch needs a broom. It doesn't help her fly what so ever.

Interesting! (and strange!) If it's true, then I learned something. If you ever remember the book and have the time to PM me the reference, that would be nice of you, I have most of the books but didn't have the time to read a lot of them. I'll take a look when I can.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Interesting! (and strange!) If it's true, then I learned something. If you ever remember the book and have the time to PM me the reference, that would be nice of you, I have most of the books but didn't have the time to read a lot of them. I'll take a look when I can.

When I went back I may have misread it at first, it's unconfirmed whether she needs the broom to fly or not.

Perfect Memento in Strict Sense states she uses the magic broom to ride around on because she believes it's an essential tool for a magician. It was originally a normal broom but sprouted leaves as a side effect of Marisa using it in magic rituals. Whether she actually needs her broom to fly or if it's just for show is unconfirmed.

My bad, It's been a while since I read PMiSS.

Don't you mean "Characters I'd personally like to see in the game" ?   (I loled at "confirmed character: ? ? ?")
Also: Hisoutensoku cast is not to be expected.

The ? ? ? is the final boss.
Why the Hisoutensoku cast isn't to be expected?
Also if i had a saying in the character roster, which i obviously don't then pretty much everyone would be in it.
Also that Sakuya + Sakuna looks funny :)
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
When I went back I may have misread it at first, it's unconfirmed whether she needs the broom to fly or not.

It's alright, it actually makes more sense like this. Thanks to have checked by the way.

The ? ? ? is the final boss.
Why the Hisoutensoku cast isn't to be expected?
Also if i had a saying in the character roster, which i obviously don't then pretty much everyone would be in it.
I know you talked about the last boss, I just found funny to "confirm" something totally unknown, lol.
For the Hisoutensoku cast, it was mentioned several times in the thread and in some other threads as well, they give priority to the other characters, especially the recent ones, that's why you didn't see any "old" character in Shinkirou. And re-using characters who already appeared in fighting games are even less likely to happen.  After, anything can happen, of course, but it's highly improbable.

Also that Sakuya + Sakuna looks funny :)
It's actually what I imagined when you said Sakuna, since it looks like a mix between Sakuya and Sukuna.
By the way, it would be funny to imagine, combining the mallet's power and the time manipulation, lol.

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
It's alright, it actually makes more sense like this. Thanks to have checked by the way.

I don't know if this is any help or not, but this is a quote from the wiki:

"The Magic broom is a bamboo broom that Marisa uses to fly. It's an ordinary broom, but constant exposure to magic has caused a curious growth to begin. Although the bamboo is dead, leaves appear to be sprouting from the handle, independently from Marisa's magic. Although in the shooting games, it was only something to ride on, in the fighting games, it has become a weapon for striking, and a gun barrel from which to shoot danmaku from, thus serving various purposes. The broom and her magician-like clothing is typical for an actual magician."
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

If memory serves me I think it was in Flandre's article in some book, that said that basically everyone in Gensokyo is able to fly, so people like her just have wings for show.

Drake

pointing out that marisa clearly had no broom in fairy wars

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
And whatever happened to that weird shepherd's crook thing she was sporting once? Was she forced to return it to the original owner?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
I don't know if this is any help or not, but this is a quote from the wiki:

"The Magic broom is a bamboo broom that Marisa uses to fly. It's an ordinary broom, but constant exposure to magic has caused a curious growth to begin. Although the bamboo is dead, leaves appear to be sprouting from the handle, independently from Marisa's magic. Although in the shooting games, it was only something to ride on, in the fighting games, it has become a weapon for striking, and a gun barrel from which to shoot danmaku from, thus serving various purposes. The broom and her magician-like clothing is typical for an actual magician."

There is much uncofirmed information about who can fly, but I have never read anyone can fly. Actually Marisa can fly on her own, not only taking into account 12.8 but Shinkirou as well (she can stay airbone while using her broom to fight) but that is purely speculation, since they are gameplay mechanics well, she could be needing that broom to fly, she is not Reimu (who can fly on her own)

Not that much weaker than Nitori or Cirno. Like someone mentioned previously, the actual strength of a char is not determining to be in a cast or not. But I won't really bet she'll be in the game yup, even if it's possible, it would be weird to have a flying mermaid in the game. But for the story, if Nitori made it in Shinkirou, anyone can make it, lol.

Nitori, diferently from Wakasagihime had a reason to be on Shinkirou and they were attributed to two factors 1-Being the fact she was there during the incident, she was running the stalls near the battles 2-She was tired of the whole religious stuff (but lately she used her own popularity to increase her sales)

There are some characters that would never be related to an incident, it's just forcing them into one it would be like during SWR saying Rynnosuke being there because he has weird stuff and a barometer could be what needed to predict the weather.