Author Topic: Ask a Staffer XX - WHERE IT ALL BEGINS AGAIN - Suwako Moriya  (Read 46776 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
No gimmick, sorry. Not that creative.

You know the drill.

Kero.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Ask a Staffer XX - WHERE IT ALL BEGINS AGAIN - Suwako Moriya
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:38:46 AM »
Why is Cirno your favorite?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:40:06 AM »
Why yellow?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:37 AM »
Where'd the name "Kilgamayan" come from? It seems a bit... unusual.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 02:18:26 AM »
Do you still have papercraft Reisen?  :3

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 02:21:33 AM »
Wait should I be asking questions for Kilga or Suwako?
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 02:39:55 AM »
Why is Cirno your favorite?

Because she's huge in all the right places.

Why yellow?

It was the original "Newbie" username color for the third build of the forum (we're currently on the fourth). When I recreated Wacko I also created the Yellow Member usergroup, which had avatar permissions (where Newbies did not), and made a thread with her titled "All the cool kids have yellow names and avatars." Then TSO made an icon for the usergroup and we started sticking the occasional other account in it and it has almost started serving an actual function.

Where'd the name "Kilgamayan" come from? It seems a bit... unusual.

It's an acronym invented back in high school: Kirby is Lord, God and Master and You are Nothing. This was back when Smash 64 was huge, where Kirby was, indeed, lord, god and master and you were nothing. Thennnnnnnn Melee came out and he kinda went to shit. But the name had stuck by then as its own thing and having it saved me the effort of being creative a second time (and/or the non-effort of attaching numbers to something generic) so I kept it. It's not like I don't still very much enjoy the Kirby franchise, so it's all good.

Do you still have papercraft Reisen?  :3

Yep! She basically can't stand on her own anymore though and requires being propped up on computer cables and the bookshelf if she doesn't want to lie on her back like a whore all day.

Wait should I be asking questions for Kilga or Suwako?

Either works. Like I said, I don't plan on being gimmicky. If I need to post with Wacko because I'm not at home then it will likely still be me, though if inspiration strikes to answer a question as Suwasshole then I might just do it. Who knows!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:45:47 AM »
It's an acronym invented back in high school: Kirby is Lord, God and Master and You are Nothing.
:o

I would have never guessed that

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 03:18:24 AM »
I remember that at least when Suwacker started to appear on this incarnation of the forums it was said that someone else was behind her. Was it true? And if so, was it someone that can be mentioned?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »
:o

I would have never guessed that

It's not commonly known these days. It was my GameFAQs signature for about a year (my first year there), but that was the only time it was in an obvious public place. It's not like it gets used in a way these days that makes it obviously an acronym anyway.

?

If you've been following Nue Quest you might've noticed me refer to 'Nakko and Wakko at least once or twice. (Or it might've been 'Nacko and Wacko. I forget exactly.)

I remember that at least when Suwacker started to appear on this incarnation of the forums it was said that someone else was behind her. Was it true? And if so, was it someone that can be mentioned?

Suwako has been me for as long as she has been around except for three distinct occasions. Once she was Halbarad, posting in a locked-due-to-stupid-drama thread for the sake of clarifying confusion about IRC tension between MotK and Gensokyo.org. The other two times were Mafia games that this account also signed up for, a charade designed to throw people off that suspected she was me.

I had always wanted Wacko to stand on her own, or at least be known to be a sock puppet but not have it known to whom she belonged. I have actually had more than one public conversation with myself in working toward that end, and even had her pop up on IRC once. Sadly, that era came to an end when the grand reveal came after the Moriya Shrine Revolution Mafia game since it's tradition to reveal the actors behind the masks once an Anonymous game is over. I've actually found that the reveal makes things easier, because it gives me an account with which to roam the countryside and still post here without risking someone getting their hands on an account with admin permissions.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 03:44:58 AM »
I thought it was TSO for the longest time.

So uh, speak any language other than english?
                                                                                   .

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 05:33:46 AM »
So, If I said frogs suck, How hard would Suwacko punch me?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
What's the greatest challenge you've ever overcome?

How did you get into Touhou?

Which of the games is your favorite? Why?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »
Ah, I forgot there was one other time when Suwako was someone else, and that was when she was lent out for the Subterranean Animism Anonymafia.

Pretty sure that's it, though.

So uh, speak any language other than english?

Sadly, no. I had some Spanish education in high school but that never went very far. There was a time where I wanted to learn Japanese, but at this point in my life I can't think of a good reason why I would need it, so I don't think I'm going to pursue it.

So, If I said frogs suck, How hard would Suwacko punch me?

Banpunch.

What's the greatest challenge you've ever overcome?

My life, boringly enough, has not been filled with a great many challenges. The most recent one I can think of is the MegaMari Buster duel from a couple of years ago. That or the MegaMan X6 Unarmored X Buster Duel.

How did you get into Touhou?

It started infecting the StepMania community several years ago, probably about 2006 or 2007 or so, and it was all over /a/ (before the /jp/ split) as well. I resisted for the longest time, but one day I discovered the lure of MegaMari was too great to ignore. (This actually led to me thinking Alice was the second main character for a little while.) MegaMari ended up being my gateway drug into the official games, as well as the universe.

Which of the games is your favorite? Why?

In terms of the regular shooters, SA. But Shoot the Bullet, Double Spoiler, PoFV and a slew of fangames come before it, MegaMAri being at the very top of everything. I be not good at shooters. :C

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
You don't really hate Tewi that much :D

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »
Why math?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »
Do you still play music games of any kind?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 01:42:41 PM »
Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like Purvis?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »
Rank the MMBN villains from best to worst!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »
:teaspit:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
How many tries do you think it took you to 3HP-clear the last part of Cave Story?

What would you say is the hardest decision you've had to make as staff?

Sunny, Luna, or Star?

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
Have you played Star Force? Do you think it's a decent followup to the Battle Network series?

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
You mean your name isn't attributed to the Mayans or their culture? For shame.
Favorite books?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
?
                                                                                   .

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »
You don't really hate Tewi that much

Outside of the irrelevant characters (as well as the Getsus since they have horrific portraits), Tewi is routinely second-to-last in my character sort rankings. The only time she was higher was when she was third-to-last and that was because I forgot what I was doing mid-sort and flubbed Koishi into the last spot so it doesn't even count.

Her one redeeming quality is that Lord Usa's Elemental Flag is pretty catchy.

Why math?

Because I've been good at it since the dawn of time and I love love love problem solving. That's basically all math is; the art of creative problem solving. Just look at the SAT, for one thing. None of the math there is actually hard, it's all gimmicks and creative problem solving. (Unless you suck at arithmetic or something I guess.)

I actually took a course in college titled "Creative Problem Solving". It was a semester of math puzzles that ran the gamut from knowing useful little number theory arithmetic tricks to combinatorics to the occasional calc-useful or trig-useful (or even topology-useful) problem. It even had that puzzle where you and a friend loop ropes and then tie the ends of the ropes to your wrists and unhook yourselves. It was the most enjoyable course I ever took in my academic career.

Do you still play music games of any kind?

I dusted off StepMania a couple of months ago and found I was hilariously bad at it compared to where I was when I left. It still has some kind of appeal, I guess, but I'm so removed from the community at this point that I would probably need to make my own stepfiles again to find it really entertaining, and :effort: that.

Having never seen Purvis, I'm still reasonably confident my girlfriend is easier on my eyes than he is.

Rank the MMBN villains from best to worst!

I'll have to wait until I get home to do this one properly (because I will cover everyone I can remember), but I can say right now that no one is remotely in StarMan's and SearchMan's leagues. (If SearchMan even counts.)

How many tries do you think it took you to 3HP-clear the last part of Cave Story?

Three digits, but fairly low three digits. Probably not more than 200.

Will get to this after thre MMBN villains thing.

Sunny, Luna, or Star?

Sunny, she seems like the type to always have a fanged smile on her face. Luna is too frowny (plus I don't like drill hair much) and Star comes off as incredibly generic for some reason. Might be the hime cut.

Have you played Star Force? Do you think it's a decent followup to the Battle Network series?

I have what I'm pretty sure is the first game in the series, but I have yet to play it because up until OoT 3DS came out my 3DS had done nothing but play GBA remakes in regular DS form.

You mean your name isn't attributed to the Mayans or their culture? For shame.

Nope, sorry. :<

Favorite books?

Watership Down by Richard Adams and Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell immediately spring to mind. I actually don't read as much as I should, but rabbits and Timothy Cavendish will always have a place in my heart.

?

I am surprised and slightly miffed that this is still relevant in any capacity. I never saw what was amusing about it in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:49:49 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Feel free to judge this as inappropriate question but, i need to ask this NSFW question:

NSFW Q:
Spoiler:
What is this strange fetish with oversized breasts you have =.= or are you just being silly?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »
What's your ideal career path?

What's your current career path? (if different)

Separate stories (first nine touhou games) or serialized (MoF to TD)?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 11:57:37 PM »
THE DEFINITIVE BATTLE NETWORK VILLAIN POWER RANKINGS (WARNING FOR SPOILERS)

I've decided to disclude SearchMan since he was never really a villain. Still incredibly awesome though. Also I forgot that Serenade is up there with him and StarMan.

Broken Tier

1. StarMan
2. Lord Wily (might seem cliche, but read Epee Em's BN Series LP thread some time, it'll open your eyes to just how amazing he really is)
3. That one infected Mr. Prog in BN1 with the All Your Base line

Top Tier

4. Sean
5. Match
6. Dark
7. Ito
8. Sunayama
9. Blackbeard

High Tier

10. Dave
11. ShadeMan
12. Ivan Chillski
13. Princess Pride
14. Ray
15. BombMan
16. Bass
17. LaserMan

Mid Tier

18. Vic
19. CosmoMan
20. Count Zap
21. Viddy Narcy
22. Anetta
23. Yahoot
24. BlastMan
25. Arashi

Low Tier

26. BurnerMan's Op (Don't remember name)
27. Inukai
28. Gauss
29. Yuika
30. BlizzardMan
31. StoneMan
32. CutMan

Bottom Tier

33. Higsby
34. DrillMan
35. NebulaGrey
36. Madoi

Irrelevant Tier

37. The ~*~Professor~*~

Shit Tier

38. SparkMan's Op

Stupid JerkFuck Tier

9001. CloudMan
9002. BubbleMan

In terms of punishment vs. no punishment or light punishment vs. heavy punishment I'd actually have to say I honestly can't remember ever having to think too hard. I've been staff enough elsewhere to know approximately what I was doing before I even got here, and the overwhelming majority of decisions to be made here, at least to me, have been cut and dry.

But that's not really an entertaining answer, is it? I would have to say that the most difficult position I've taken is not wanting to immediately crucify Miki based on hearsay when it felt like everyone else around me was out for blood. I ended up being the one to get in touch with Gpop in private on a couple of occasions to try to better understand the situation (before he was eventually sent something far more heart-felt and beneficial to his understanding his position by someone else on staff that I won't name out of respect for privacy). This is not to say I didn't think she had done punishment-worthy things, but plenty of people seemed to want to hold disparaging gossip from other sources against her (that might have been true and might have not been true) and I wasn't willing to buy into it as meaningful.

Feel free to judge this as inappropriate question but, i need to ask this NSFW question:

NSFW Q:
Spoiler:
What is this strange fetish with oversized breasts you have =.= or are you just being silly?

I will answer this by pointing out that I coined the phrase '/d/generate'. If you wish to know more, feel free to ask further and I will answer further, but I think that might be enough for most people.

What's your ideal career path?

I went to college to become a math teacher because I liked math, I like helping people learn math, and it was a slam-dunk career choice at the time. Then Bush 2: Electric Boogaloo happened while I was in college and that last one sorta went completely down the tubes.

What's your current career path? (if different)

I currently work for a company that develops online content for various math textbooks that range from middle school material to collegiate calculus and statistics. It is actually very enjoyable because it's math combined with babby's first programming which really makes it me spending 40 hours a week doing - guess what! - creative problem solving. I think I might actually like this more than teaching because I'm still helping people learn math and I get to do it without dealing with head-in-ass administration, politics or shithead parents. Word to the wise: Unless you get class full of unrestrained assholes, parents are far and away the worst part of teaching. Kids will give you crap a lot but they also know how it really is in school because they spend almost as much time there as you do and they won't really push your buttons if you don't allow those buttons to be pushed. The parents are far worse because you effectively answer to them and they feel far more entitled to everything than their kid does.

Separate stories (first nine touhou games) or serialized (MoF to TD)?

Serialized using the first nine games. MoF and UFO didn't blow me over with their casts and I miss Eiki and Machi. :(

On the other hand...

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 01:28:09 AM »
Obligatory how did you find MotK?
Obligatory how did you become a staff member?
Obligatory what DO you do here as staff?

Are we suposed to see you as Reisen or the manly bunny in your avatar?
So you seem to be doing a bad job of staying away from Nue Quest, why is that? <.<
Are you liking Nue Quest more then you thought you would?
Some of your shapeshifting questions are unusual, how do you even think of them?
Shuuei Quest y/n?
What was your favorite mafia game you participated in and favorite mafia role you received?
What Megaman games have you played in total?
Is Protoman cooler then Megaman?
Which Megaman robot or Navi is your favorite and why?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia