Author Topic: Splat! Whack! Barf! - MotK invades the Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 150936 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Splat! Whack! Barf! - MotK invades the Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2010, 02:21:28 AM »
Cranberries give a surprising number adventures when you stock up on them on Feast of Boris. =9

But, it seems I have hit a snag in my aforementioned Black Cat run. As fun as I'd like to do it, it'd just be too dang hard, I should really develop some more passives first. Also, Bonerdagon...That guy sucks so much. =_=

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2010, 04:15:11 AM »
As fun as I'd like to do it, it'd just be too dang hard, I should really develop some more passives first.
Spoiler:
You don't ever have skills from previous runs in Bad Moon.
Ever.

So you can't make it 'easier' through doing more ascensions beforehand.  That's the entire point of Bad Moon!  8D

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2010, 04:46:12 AM »
* Juri Arashigawa prism SMASH!

Now to wait around like a week because I have some mushroom farming I wanna do before I ascend. :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2010, 04:51:49 AM »
* Juri Arashigawa prism SMASH!

Now to wait around like a week because I have some mushroom farming I wanna do before I ascend. :V
Congrats 8D

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2010, 08:27:13 AM »
Spoiler:
You don't ever have skills from previous runs in Bad Moon.
Ever.

So you can't make it 'easier' through doing more ascensions beforehand.  That's the entire point of Bad Moon!  8D
Spoiler:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-- (Vent Rage Gland)

Well, the sooner the better I guess? I'm still not looking to Bonerdagon seeing as I can't dual-item my way past him now and since I have both him AND the damn cat having a chance at negating my items. Joy.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2010, 12:24:12 PM »
Spoiler:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-- (Vent Rage Gland)

Well, the sooner the better I guess? I'm still not looking to Bonerdagon seeing as I can't dual-item my way past him now and since I have both him AND the damn cat having a chance at negating my items. Joy.
Spoiler:
Do you plan to do it as a Moxie class?  If so, just level up some and voila, instant immunity to the Bonerdagon when you hit an effective 100 Moxie.  Means you have to wait a bit to get those rewards, but...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »
Spoiler:
Do you plan to do it as a Moxie class?  If so, just level up some and voila, instant immunity to the Bonerdagon when you hit an effective 100 Moxie.  Means you have to wait a bit to get those rewards, but...
Spoiler:
=P Grinding sucks...But that is why we have the Hidden Temple, yes? I'll look into it.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
You got us.

Anyways, have fun because it's time for me to give out:

The Giant Tradables List

It's not a list about tradables that are giant, nor is it a giant's list, but a giant list of tradables.

Obviously, I'm not giving out NS13-necessary items, but other than that, everything is free (even the Crimbo items!).

I know, I could just dump all this in the Clan Stash, but I'll be in perma-Hardcore/Bad Moon so it's not like I'll use anything from there anyways!

Pop a request (on this thread is fine, but IRC is better!) and I'll see if I can get the item to you.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:15:14 PM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
The link has a space in it, please fix it.

There's a lot of items on that list. @_@ Any equipment recommendations for a newbie like me?

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2010, 10:31:17 PM »
I would love anything that goes well with a level 8 seal clubber. Also, good food+ would be nice.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2010, 10:36:11 PM »
I would love anything that goes well with a level 8 seal clubber. Also, good food+ would be nice.

Same, but level 7 Seal Clubber instead. I find booze often, but rarely food.

三重階乗

• NOT an avatar of a higher-up.
  • Who is this "Dragon," anyway?
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2010, 11:35:36 PM »
One of those Knob Goblin perfumes would be nice; I'm going after the Goblin King tomorrow and I could use another chance at him without having to farm up the Harem. Then again, if I use my 3 vials of Scented massage oil (full HP heal each, can be used mid-battle) and still lose I'll be needing to go there anyway or wait for the next day when I can afford to train the Stuffed Mortar Shell (I'm level 8 now and tested myself against the things at the Haunted Library. Didn't work out too well. Equipment restriction is getting the better of me).

Unlocked the Hidden Temple at the Feast of Boris yesterday, and today inadvertantly realized that you CAN eat FoB food after that day. I thought I had sold it all and realized I still had some Herbal Stuffing so I decide to try it anyway. It still worked, though my appetite was normal.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »
One of those Knob Goblin perfumes would be nice;
Beep, check your inbox.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2010, 12:53:28 AM »
I just realized,  my character is a freaking idoit! XD Can't figure out how to put on a shirt... wtf XD

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:32 AM »
I just realized,  my character is a freaking idoit! XD Can't figure out how to put on a shirt... wtf XD

Haha, yeah. It's even more hilarious when you know that the skill that lets you do that is taught to you by people that can't wear shirts anyway.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2010, 02:09:12 AM »
Haha, yeah. It's even more hilarious when you know that the skill that lets you do that is taught to you by people that can't wear shirts anyway.
I am happy to have made permanent the knowledge that I have a torso.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2010, 02:49:54 AM »
Bonerdragon got boned :V When do I pop open his chest and get teh stuffs? I'm a Seal Clubber, so when would be the next Muscle Day?

三重階乗

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »
The next Muscle Days are December 13 & 14 (Yesterday was one). A chart up to Feb. 23, 2011 (for now) of what day is what (among other things related to the moons like when a Grue attacks) can be found here.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 04:01:18 AM »
Well, I haven't touched this game for a while.
A good time as any to start playing again for a bit, I guess. Not that I got much else to do other than endless meat farming for a while...

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2010, 04:19:24 AM »
The next Muscle Days are December 13 & 14

FFFFFF-

the chest gives 200-300 normally, and Muscle Day would boost it to 300-450 IIRC. Is it worth the wait? I mean 2 weeks... I've gotten to where I am within that amount of time, roughly. At the rate I'm going, would the Chest even be worth much in 2 weeks, gain wise?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2010, 05:54:29 AM »
Whee. I have 94 total moxie now. I feel leet. Also finally beat the Bonerdragon and got some shit done on the Nemesis quest. Progress feels good, ans so does this Disco Fro Pick.  :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
Ugh, Miniscule Temporal Rifts are pricy X_X Going for 50 mill at the Mall.

Where could I find a Miniscule Temporal Rift anyway? Buying one is pretty much a no go for me, so hopefully I can find one.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
Ugh, Miniscule Temporal Rifts are pricy X_X Going for 50 mill at the Mall.

Where could I find a Miniscule Temporal Rift anyway? Buying one is pretty much a no go for me, so hopefully I can find one.
You can't.  They're a former Item of the Month, way back from November 2005.  The only way to get one would've been to donate during that timeframe.

Maximizing your adventures if you don't have obscene meat counts is pretty much down to learning effective ways to get good booze and food, because most of the items are a little way out of your reach.  And honestly, if you know what you're doing there, you can easily be facing a good 100 adventures or more per day (even after counting the time needed for your daily harvesting, as it were).

If you want a few more for 'free' per day, however your options are pretty much as follows for reasonably attainable things:
Automatic ones:

*Join the MotK clan (Unascended/Casual/Softcore players only).  There's +5 adventures per day from the Series of Self-Help Books.  Some guilds can go up to +9 depending on what they have installed, but few go so far, because they take up slots generally reserved for the free meat or similar.
*Make yourself a Meat Maid to automatically gain 4 per day (
Spoiler:
Complete the process to build another Meat Engine, like you did when making the Bitchin' Meatcar.  Combine that with a Frilly Skirt (Degrassi Knoll) for the body.  The head is Smart Skull (Cemetary) + Disembodied Brain (Tower Ruins) + Maiden Wig (Degrassi Knoll, again)
.  Be sure to install it in your camp!)
*Complete the Pagoda Quest to get a Pagoda for your campground, doubling your HP/MP recovery and adding 3 adventures per day (
Spoiler:
It's long, but worth it.  See This Link for details
)

Equipment-based (You'll need these equipped when rollover hits in order to get the bonus!)
*Equip the Sword Behind Inappropriate Prepositions for +5 (
Spoiler:
Seal Clubbers can Super-Advanced Meatsmith them from Chrome Sword + Facsimile Dictionary, after the Level 9 Quest.  Since that requires a once-per-ascension, nontradable item -and- a skill, it goes for around 30,000+ in the mall.
)
*Equip a Chrome Weapon for +3 (
Spoiler:
Seal Clubbers can Super-Advanced Meatsmith them from a Chrome Ore + Dense Meat Stack + weapon base.  The rest of you will need to
buy one (super cheap!)
Spoiler:
, although there IS a chance to get one as a reward during the Mt. McLargeHuge quest.  Recommended to grab a Chrome Sword for the S.B.I.P.
)
*Equip a Dead Guy's Watch for +1 (
Spoiler:
Grave Robers and Grave Rober Zmobies at the Cyrpt and Mispelld Cemetary have them
)
*Equip a Tiny Plastic Bitchin' Meatcar for +1 (
Spoiler:
Eat a Lucky Egg, which is made by cooking four cocoa eggshell fragments into an egg (Found aboard the airship) and then cooking that with a ten-leaf clover.  You will have much better luck buying this one, because even if you do make it, you could get ANY of the tiny plastic items, and only one is the one you want
)

Oh, and on another note: CRIMBO CONTENT SHOULD LAUNCH AT ROLLOVER WHOOO
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:52:23 PM by Garlyle »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
You can't.  They're a former Item of the Month, way back from November 2005.  The only way to get one would've been to donate during that timeframe.

Dang it. For what I've read up, they seem like one of the best familiars evar.

« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »
Dang it. For what I've read up, they seem like one of the best familiars evar.

Yeah, the former Items of the Month are really good. I personally want a Mad Hatrack at some point, but it's probably not going to happen.  :(

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »
Yeah, the former Items of the Month are really good. I personally want a Mad Hatrack at some point, but it's probably not going to happen.  :(
All of the Items of the Month have had their own reasons for being awesome.

I personally am lucky enough to have two IOTM familiars.  A Green Pixie (currently going for 35 mil meat), which raises item drop rate, attacks, and occasionally gives Tiny Bottles of Absinthe, used to access the Worm Wood area for special items unavailable anywhere else (Including the ones I gave away earlier); and a Penguin Goodfella (only 7mil meat), which raises stat gains, delevels enemies, and gives me contracts that can be used in battle to force him to attack for some fairly serious damage, including properly aligned elemental damage.

These two aren't even particularly high-valued Items of the Month, either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:32:59 PM by Garlyle »

Matsuri

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »
Oh, and on another note: CRIMBO CONTENT SHOULD LAUNCH AT ROLLOVER WHOOO

Huh! Good thing I've been saving up adventures by not playing these past couple days, then. :3

三重階乗

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »
First Crimbo item - A can of CRIMCOLA. Restores quite a bit of MP (I got 88 out of it while Temple farming on this Mysticality Day).

I'm amazed at how cheap the Wand of Nagamar can be. Maybe 900 Meat if you use the Flea Market (probably less) + 30 more for 3 wads of Meat Paste if you don't have them already. You think it'd be a lot more expensive for each piece (I was expecting at least 3000 total, possibly 5000), so maybe it's meant to decieve people. It's only a 30 Power weapon normally, so quite a few will think it's nearly worthless. Then you see the fact that it sells for more than 300 Meat...

Besides the Wand, some of the things at the Flea Market make me lol. 221 Meat for a Meat Stack? 1172 for a Cherry!? The... Wand for 680? FAAK!

I seriously need to think of a name to give Grofflesby, but I don't have any ideas. That and I need to find some more familiars (I still only have him and Nazrin).

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
I think the Crimbo items are different for everyone -- I got a very obvious Altoids parody today. It's food.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
CRIMBCOLOAF for me. IIRC, it's a random item.

I bought Nagamar for 300 meat :3