Author Topic: It's time to use my eyes. Let's play Battle Moon Wars.  (Read 39491 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: It's time to use my eyes. Let's play Battle Moon Wars.
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 07:39:09 AM »
Perhaps this might be unreasonable, but can you not use photobucket for your image hosting? It's slow as molasses.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
Perhaps this might be unreasonable, but can you not use photobucket for your image hosting? It's slow as molasses.
That might explain why it takes several seconds for a page to load the first time...

At any rate, I did some TESTING and found out that adjusting enemy levels on a New Game Plus does NOT give up move EXP/BP/FP when you participate in combat. So, upping the levels for enemies is mostly a challenge-related thing.

Another thing I found out is that when you pick out the New Game Plus feature, you're presented with the save file list...But it's all blank. Do not be fooled. Each slot corresponds with a saved file in that slot. For instance, if you have a saved file in slot 4 and you click on slot 4, the game reads that data in the file if its there...Of course, the game doesn't show you this for some reason because the file list is all blank, so you have to remember which is which. I'm not sure why this happens, it might have been a programming error or something's wrong with the copy I have, but there you go.

Finally, starting a NG+ gives you half of the FP/BP of the file you selected back, plus any items you got from a previous playthrough. I believe it is theoretically possible to save up Points and Items through multiple playthroughs, and then just smash the entire game to pieces. :V Of course, that's only for crazy people who enjoy grinding and min-maxing, but it's something to try.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »
New Game+ Data:

Spoiler:
You can get some bonus items on starting NG+.
Spoiler:
Satsuki becomes usable in Haruna's Route if you got Satsuki's in Takumi Route
Spoiler:
MechaHisui becomes usable in Takumi's Route if you got MechaHisui in Haruna's Route
Spoiler:
Playing a NG+ using a file that has beaten Stage 53 carries over Magical Amber and Saber Lily as usable characters
Spoiler:
Character Encyclopedia is unlocked after beating one route, beating both routes unlocks Character Comments
Spoiler:
Sound Test is unlocked

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »

It's not entirely so. I did at the beginning of this consider using an alternative hoster, so I asked what Rou used for his LPs.

Photobucket. Funny thing.

If it's giving people issues, I'll work out a plan to switch images to a different service (probably imageshack). Though that could possibly take more time than it's worth.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »
I'd advise against imageshack, because of that stupid frozen frog thing that most people get.
Imgur is pretty boss, and there are addons for most browsers that allow bulk uploading.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
puush is also pretty convenient. As in incredibly convenient, opening up fast uploading options for things you usually wouldn't bother with because :effort:. I loooooove puush and use it's Capture Area function a lot.

http://puush.me
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Moekou

• Hourai Doll
  • Nyo~
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Chaore
Kanako? What are you doing in this game, and why are you a zombie?
Never forget these eternal words of wisdom: "Take it easy!"

Chaore

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »
First update on Imagur- Lemme know if it's better. Old updates are pending on whether I'll switch 'em or not, lotta work those'd be.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upgrades: Saber: Weapons to 10%, 3600 Invisible Air, 4800 Invisible Air Combo, HP 6500->6825, En 210->231, Tough 1500->1575. 2200 BP used.
Rin: HP 4100->4305, Tough 900->945. 500 BP used.
Haruna: HP 3500->3675, Quick 130->136. 700 BP used.

This scene plays out at the beginning of this chapter too, Nothing changes though. Appears the two paths are occurring 'apparently' perfectly in sync.

So instead let's skip to saber.
As long as Mech Hisui-chan is tracking properly, there's no problem.
How so?
Mech Hisui-chan has a transmitter installed so I can pick her up through GPS.
Wow, pretty high-tech.
According to this, she shouldn't be far from here. Except...

What's the matter?
The signal went out...
You know where it went out, right?
Of course. For now, let's go there.

Well shit. At least she's not constantly going 'SHIKI-SAMA' this time...
Mech Hisui-chan!
She appears to be broken...
Everyone, I've got a really bad feeling about this... Be careful!
Nice try, but we all know Rin is still the real leader of your group. We all warp to the map, along with...

LIGHTNING MOMIJI! We're fuck- Oh we still have Saber with us. Yeah we're good.
What? A dog?
No, Kohaku. That's a wolf.
It seems that wolf destroyed that robot.

This feeling... It's a youkai!
Y-Youkai?
Then... Then... The wolf's a ghost! I'm afraid of ghosts!!!

People with unique abilities like us are collectively called youkai.
Unique abilities?
It's okay if you just think of it as Magic or ESP.

Me too?
I love how Rin is all 'Yeah they think everyone is a youkai, don't mind 'em.'. Then again, she'd take the Magic Association's side in a scrap between Shin'i and them, so she may be a bit biased. Also, This is actually correct- Rin is capable of performing Sorcery following the events of Heaven's Feel, so since Sorcery counts as a 'Unique Ability' she would fit. Synchronizers are pretty much youkai as well, though Rin still thinks Kohaku is a mage so I think she's just being Rin and snarky.

Anyway, who wants to guess what happens next.

If your guess was 'Lightning Momiji summons enemies', you have basic pattern recognizing skills!
It appears it will not let us pass.
Guess not. It seems like we do not have a choice.

And with that, we're off! I choose a t-formation so we're in shooting range easier. This will not actually help as you'll see, but I like to pretend we're making progress.

First off? Kill the batman mothra.

Well that wasn't too bad, stung a little bu-

RAAAAAHHH SABER SMASH
OH SWEET MERCIFUL FUCK

oh god atleast i'm alive and-
Shot bitch says blarghablargh.
Wha-

OH GOD MY SPLEEN
God damnit, I said say blarghablargh!

Anyway, after that exercise in 'ganging the hell up on poor defenseless bugs', Kohaku deals drugs, clumping up everyone on the left side to attempt to lure all the mothra to this side.

God damn that thing is as big as her head, how does that deal no damage. Anyway, my plan fails and not only does the rightmost mothra take the other bridge towards my units-

It manages to take a shot at Kohaku, she dodges, luckily, but god damn that was a foolish move on my part.

The other one takes a shot at Saber from almost the same position it was at before, Saber blocks.

Rin starts the offensive on the rightmost Mothra, doing a solid 1k to it. She doesn't have enough punch with just Gandr, sadly.

I have Haruna take a shot after Rin, and have it left with around 1.4k HP left, Now I should have just left it like that...

But I get greedy and try and get Kohaku to finish it off- See, She can do a decent ammount to Crows, because they're weak defensively, so first run I had her cleaning up more. She does about 1k and pretty much wastes her turn. Dumb rabbit, dumb.

Saber takes her anger out on my failure by telekinetically slicing the Mothra and almost killing it.

The mothra I wasted a move on grants me a mercy by running into Haruna's claws. She levels up for Mothracide. The other one however...

Attacks Kohaku. And hits this time. Gently caress. I am an idiot.

oh boy oh boy crows are moving and trying to attack saber and-

...and she dodges. Curses, I'll catch you next time smug saber face!

Haruna offs the remaining mothra this turn, Saber and Rin are on bird killing duty.

Rin weakens up one crow for Saberkillings, using a focus so she can dodge...

And saber offs it.

And levels up as well. Effective.

And the crow attacks Kohaku. SIGH. She dodges, but the sense that I've actually let this happen sticks with me. LIGHTNING MOMIJI moves up as well, and I want this dog off the map, so I'm going to send Saber to kick his ass.

So I have Rin and Haruna kill the crow in the face.

Ladies and gentlemen, in one corner, A lightning Spewing wolf, in the other, King Arthur if he were a chick. Round 1, Fight!

Yeah, Lightning Momiji hurts, even with Magic Resistant- Luckily, Saber can hurt right back. I have Kohaku toss her a trust right after that, of course.

After which she deals drugs for a level up, of course.

Lightning Momiji follows up. Normally I'd do a weaker attack, or block so Rin could weaken it next turn- But I want this god damn Momiji off this map RIGHT NOW, for reasons that will become apparent.

My hastiness costs me, and saber takes a BIG hit here. She actually took more like 3.1k damage. Which if I hadn't used trust on her, was enough to have offed her.

She pays back in spades, of course. This will be enough to make Lightning Momiji flee and-

Oh god damnit. Not you. Not HERE.
?! New forces!!
Be careful. His heavy aura... This man does not feel human.
I know him from somewhere...

He was in the report I read before we came. Under the name...

Taking extra time to say his name totally made it more dramatic.

Twenty Seven Apostles?
To be brief, vampires... And among Dead Apostles, the most powerful of them all. Honestly, we're no match for him...
What... What do we do?

Silly Haruna, the answer to what we do is ALWAYS SABER.
I shall face this man! Everyone else, deal with the others first!
Right now, I'm sure Saber's the only one who can stand against one of the Twenty Seven Apostles.
Understood!

Anyway, Saber's commands were a bit too hasty, as you see Lightning Momi-

...yeah, God damnit Haruna, Narrating is MY job, not yours!
But it looked like fun!
It is fun. MY fun. You go back to shooting people. Right this instant.
Fine. ? Can I touch your ears fi-
NO!
...anyway, this is all fortuitous enough to happen on the enemy turn, so the next turn I get is technically the player turn after Nrvy appeared, so...

W-What?

Striding in to stop evil in the east... The one who people know to be Justice!
Who are you?!

Arcueid-san?!
You're wrong, maid! The one standing before you is named Arcueid no longer!
The messenger of love, justice and the moon! I am Phantasmoon! Now, Nrvnqsr Chaos. You escaped before, accept your fate and die!
True Ancestor, I will make you eat your words.

And then Nrvy brought reinforcements and Phantasmoon joins our side. Yeah, and we're still on a 6 turn time limit for the mastery... Nrvy, you are a god damn jerk. Anyway. Two turns to clean this all up and make Nrvy cry for his mother. Can do.

This is the only thing Phantasmoon can possibly hit from the position she spawns in by the way. She only does about 1k too, compared to her normal damage. Sigh. I drop a few trusts from Kohaku on Saber, use Accel...

And drive Saber right up to Nrvy's doorstep and say hi. The Kanako doesn't get to counter. Saber kills it. In a single move.

Nrvy, of course, isn't just about to let that stand and attempts to make Saber stop stepping. I order Saber to kick his ass instead.

Saber is less than impressed- Lightning Momiji hit harder. Then again, this also isn't his strongest move so... Anyway, We need to chip down that massive 19k bar much further this time. This is going to get nasty. The other Kanako attempts to attack Saber as well but...

It fails so hard it gives Saber another level up. The Ruriko doesn't move, and we're now on the sixth and final turn. Rin is out of range of everything, so she has nothing to do- and similarly, Kohaku can't manage much. It's up to Haruna, Phantasmoon, and Saber.

I start off by having Haruna shoot Nrvy up with a Puppet Wasp. She crits, doing a nice 3kish chunk of damage- and every bit really helps when it comes to this fight. And as for Nrvy's counter...

He runs Haruna over with a bunch of animals. Well that wasn't too ba-

...and drops an elephant on her, Son of a fuck, WHY DIDN'T YOU DODGE HARUNA. This of course, causes an issue later on, as you all have grown accustomed to seeing from Haruna. I also note this was from yellow range. That is the only reason Haruna survived. God damn it Haruna.

I have Kohaku drug her up after healing saber up with her last few trust uses- This will aid to the problem that occurs later, admittedly, but it is still mostly Haruna's fault for being a useless dumbass.

I order Phantasmoon to take out the Ruriko so she doesn't end up costing us the battle. And she obliges heartily.

And of course, MORE SABER TIEM.

Almost there. Just a bit more, when he attacks saber and she counters the enemy turn, I wi-

SON OF A FUCK. HARUNA! Okay. Fine. Haruna has to dodge, and then deal enough damage for me to get this battle mastery. Does she screw up?

Would I really show me being defeated so badly? Come on, I'm too prideful.

And Nrvy runs, leaving us with another battle mastery.

You had the True God Damn Ancestor and motherfucking SABER on your side. Kinda a given you'd win.
But he got away cleanly.
What do we do, Kohaku?
Hmm? What's wrong?
It's just... Hisui-chan was abducted, and we followed them here, but...
A maid? If so, I saw someone carrying one being driven towards those run down factories, but...
Are you sure?!

Kohaku!
Yes, let's head there at once! Thank you, Arcueid-san!

My god. Phantasmoon can access the might of SCRIBBLE MODE as well?! I have underestimated her power, she may even be as strong as Arcueid... but who IS she?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON BATTLE MOON WA- Wait, the next mission doesn't star Phantasmoon? Lame.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
I love Phantasmoon's scribble mode persona. XD Seems like the developers were well aware of the stereotype surrounding her.

Also, how much FP to you have? I'd think you'd have enough to afford SP Regen for Kohaku at least.

Chaore

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
I love Phantasmoon's scribble mode persona. XD Seems like the developers were well aware of the stereotype surrounding her.

Also, how much FP to you have? I'd think you'd have enough to afford SP Regen for Kohaku at least.

91, 9 points away from SP regen. Similarly the super route is at 82- 18 points away.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
Awesome, you'll be able to afford it pretty soon. Then NO ONE WILL DIE. EVER. USUALLY.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »
New imagehost is looking good - images are loading much quicker. Also yes, more Saber, all the time. Arcuied can go sit in a corner.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock