Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest History  (Read 9967 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Danmakufu Contest History
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:12:39 AM »
Hello everyone. This is Sparen, and earlier today I finished up another feature of my Contest Database.

The culmination of that work is the following: A history of Danmakufu Contests in the Western Touhou Community.

FYI This is an ongoing project and this OP is updated after every major contest. Click on the image to open the PDF in your Web Browser, or use the generator (link at bottom of OP) to see a subset of the data)

(Sorry about the horizontal scrolling - it won't be legible if I shrink it)

This giant wall of stuff shows every judge, host, and participant of a Danmakufu Contest (counting RaNGE and LOCAA), as well as if they scored in the top three. The contest labels are at the bottom and the key is on the far right in the middle.

Please note that this graph is based off of contest data only and does not reflect the current active status of any given scripter

Some possibly interesting things to note are which 'generation' of scripter people are  (i.e. RaNGE 10 generation) as well as how often (or not, by skipped vertical lines) they participated in contests.

This chart was generated by a wall of messy Javascript, which spit out SVG. There may be bugs in my JSON database, and there may be other bugs that I have not caught. Please correct me if there are any errors or if you have extra information to provide (i.e. missing host/judges, I counted two people under the same name, etc)

But anyways, the generator is here: http://sparen.github.io/projects/contestdatabase.html - in the Query Box, it's Participant History. Yes, it looks like a complete and utter mess. :)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:35:32 PM by Sparen »

Pruns

• Dearest wish, hide this stupid nickname set below
Re: Danmakufu Contest History
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 04:37:55 PM »
That's really cool !
I just played a pretty well made script from one of those contest and I was looking for a list of all contests organisated... just found this topic,  Thanks dude !

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
huh. interesting. Too bad you can't hover over the dots and see the contest, it's hard to make it visible what contest was what when you're someone near the top.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »
That's really cool !
I just played a pretty well made script from one of those contest and I was looking for a list of all contests organisated... just found this topic,  Thanks dude !

Thanks!

huh. interesting. Too bad you can't hover over the dots and see the contest, it's hard to make it visible what contest was what when you're someone near the top.

I unfortunately don't know enough about SVG animation to be able to do that (it might be possible, of course). However, you can filter down to individual scripters on my website - this chart is just the output when all of the contestants in the database have been selected.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »
Alwaysthe9 is also me. Apparently I improved so much my work couldn't be traced back to the same user

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:28:17 PM »
Alwaysthe9 is also me. Apparently I improved so much my work couldn't be traced back to the same user

omfg how many aliases of yours am I going to use

EDIT: PDF and Database have been updated to reflect the merging of two formerly separate rows. If there are any other issues, please inform me. Thanks!

EDIT: Now that people are actually looking at this and finding errors, errors are being fixed! The issue where hosts who also participated in their own contests weren't showing up (DLS, etc.) is fixed, and some miscellaneous other fixes have been made.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:02:19 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 03:01:00 AM »
Updated OP with LOCAA8 contest results.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »
Updated OP with LOCAA 9 and Len'en 1 contest results.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »
The OP has been updated with LOCAA10 contest results.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
The OP has been updated with RaNGE 17 Contest Results.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 07:17:18 PM »
The OP has been updated with the RaNGE 18 contest results. Please inform me of any errors

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 03:38:49 AM »
Thread revival now that my SVG-PDF exporter is working again.

LOCAA 11, UWoM 1, and RaNGE 19 contest results are present in the new OP. As usual, correct me if there are any errors, and all the data can be accessed at the Contest Database at https://sparen.github.io/projects/contestdatabase.html

Going by the chart, the next contest will most likely be held in August/September.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »
Updated with RaNGE 20 results