Author Topic: Danmaku in XNA Game Studio!  (Read 4627 times)

Danmaku in XNA Game Studio!
« on: November 26, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »
I don't know how useful this thread will be but since we have a Danmakufu thread I thought it would be helpful to have one for XNA since I've been learning and thought maybe others did or are interested in doing so too...at any rate here's what I have so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The bullets work fine at this point but my problem is that their drawn in the order their created, at the very beginning, since it seems the best way to make a large amount of instances is to create them all in an array. when I use my shot method the lowest instance of an inactive bullet is chosen, so bullet # 35 will be drawn under bullet # 90 for example, regardless of whether or not the low ID bullet should be on top, which causes the imbalanced delay trail here.

Trying to think of the best way of drawing them in shot order but all my theories so far don't seem to be working. ^^;

Oh and Letty sprite belongs to ZUN!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Danmaku in XNA Game Studio!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:10:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure the screenshots/videos thread applies not only to Danmakufu but anything you make that you wanna show off.

Requesting merge with GSs/VT.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:19:28 AM by Mewkyuu »

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 02:24:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure the screenshots/videos thread applies not only to Danmakufu but anything you make that you wanna show off.

Requesting merge with GSs/VT.

That could work ^^

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:55:01 PM »
isnt the XNA Game Studio, the thing in whice XBox Indie Games can be made?

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »
isnt the XNA Game Studio, the thing in whice XBox Indie Games can be made?
Yes, but you need an Xbox Live gold account and an App Hub membership (99 USD, min. 18 y-o) to do so.

But PC games can also be made. for free, with the distribution method of your choice.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
That looks like a shiton of bullets in the pic, i'm curious about two things:
- how many bullets can my slow comp draw at a steady 60fps, even without backgrounds or anything at all, i'm just curious about rendering speed
- what methods will you use to keep bullet collision checking efficient (i.e. checking only against the nearest group of bullets using  tree data structures)