Author Topic: Original touhou clone in progress  (Read 21078 times)

Original touhou clone in progress
« on: February 16, 2010, 03:23:50 AM »
Hello everyone! I think it's officialy safe to announce a project i'm working on using Danmakufu, it's essentialy a touhou clone, meaning it doesnt use the characters from the touhou series.

I'm still in the progress of writing it (which i'm particularly bad at), drawing it, scripting it, organizing it, etc. I'm aiming to use as much original material as I can make, music seems to be an issue so far but il figure that out later.

The cast is composed of humans and anthro creatures (furries oh noooo!) both male and female, gonna try putting as much variety as I can I suppose. The idea is that humans and anthros live seperately from each other, while regular humans gravitated towards technologie, youkai and anthros ended up rellying on magic (Dan-ma-koooouuuu) but for some reason an excess of magic energy from a distant place spread far and affected the humans, the good thing is that they learn magic with no discipline or practice, bad part is that their fuzzing up and turning into anthros, so one of 3 characters head out in a linear adventure to find the source (a-la-touhou).

The game barely has any writing behind it yet, no names or locations, sooo instead have some visual backup, names and story are painful for me. ^^;;

The stage 1 midboss

She's the obligatory cutesy wootsie gothic loli, as the stage 1 midboss she doesnt influence much, kinda like Kisume, although I decided to give her a cutin because yeah, Hard and Lunatic XD

She's a ghost of a songstress who lives near the town, she's encountered early on and is dealt with without any problems, she has no name yet. =o

The stage 2 midboss

Their town was one of the first to feel the effects, being the closest to the border between the two main races' areas, their danmaku powers are almost as controlled as the naturally born youkai and anthros (id like the clarify that the youkai are going to be human like, much like the touhou girls). This one attacks thinking that the forest witch is up to something, since practically no one uses the foggy forest road anymore (could happen).

Stage 2 boss

(It's her!) the witch of the forest, shes pretty intimidating, but the protagonist manages to fight her off, she had the intention of controlling the anthros she could get her hands on, and giving them more monstrous appearances to give the impression of werecreatures, to get a gruesome revenge on humans that tried to hunt her before. Luckely shes nowhere near that powerful.

Ummm...now have some stage background previews, with the photogenic mima as the character-on-the-background tester (eeeh...Almost forgot, PHOTOGENIC MIMA NOT MINE, I didnt make the player).

Stage 2, a forest area close to the border.

Stage 3, an ancient temple looking road, the safest way inbetween the two divided areas.

Doopdeedoop, im currently in the progress of making sprites, custom bullets, and mofying as much of Danmaku's default graphics as I can, while making custom effects. (concentration, delays, cutin effects, etc)

Oh and game doesnt have a name yet...yeah. =o
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:54:27 PM by WriggleNightbug »

Re: Original touhou clone in progress
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:45:01 AM »
Oh so you finally made an account :V

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:49:18 AM »
Oh so you finally made an account :V

Yeah! I also unlazied myself and uploaded the snapshots and images =D

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »
Welcome, and nice artwork.  ^.^

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 05:30:49 AM »
Welcome, and nice artwork.  ^.^

Thanks, I went for something that mixed my style but that gave a ZUN-game-like feel, its hard to get a ZUN feel with furry characters though ^^;;

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
sounds and looks interesting.

Are you accepting Character/Boss ideas?

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »
Sounds nice! great artwork, especially the anthro (definitely much better than anything I could do)

sadly... I'm not that good with ideas, and I'm only good with coding implementation (and we have people who are much better than me here...)

so all I could do for you now is to support your project...

So... good luck and I hope you finish this! I'm looking forward to playing it :D hope it doesn't turn out like some other projects that were never finished...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:28:57 PM by Kylesky »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:59:18 PM »
sounds and looks interesting.

Are you accepting Character/Boss ideas?

Of course, character that arent drawn yet are just general ideas and the ones that are drawn have close to no backstory yet, or names, keep in mind that the first half of the game mainly has human/youkai characters while the second bit has mostly anthros.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »
hm... maybe the main characters could be like this: 1 human, 1 anthro, 1 youkai.
but it?s your choice of course.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
hm... maybe the main characters could be like this: 1 human, 1 anthro, 1 youkai.
but it?s your choice of course.

My current plans so far are 2 newly transformed anthros (one male, one female) that are both on the quest because their obviously involved, and the other could be a youkai (probably female) summoned by a mage to deal with the problem. ^^ Her existance helps for those who want the more classic touhou feel (having 3 anthros would be a little biased)

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
  • Gaming-Obsessed Illusionist
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:56 AM »
Holy crap... Fantastic artwork. And loverly looking stages. I'd jump to help, but I'm already tied down with a game. ... Meh, I'd write backstories for your characters if you want, but you may wait a while before you get them... Damn erratic parents, with their banning-for-stupid-reasons...

ANYWAY, enough blathering from me. If you want a backstory, just gimme a shout. You don't need any help with the artsy stuff, from what I see. Oh, and would I be able to bug you to throw in an avian, or are the anthro's gonna be mostly fuzzy?
WALUIGI BACK! NOW THIS SIG IS FUNNY AGAIN!
Mah arts! :3

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 02:20:05 AM »
Holy crap... Fantastic artwork. And loverly looking stages. I'd jump to help, but I'm already tied down with a game. ... Meh, I'd write backstories for your characters if you want, but you may wait a while before you get them... Damn erratic parents, with their banning-for-stupid-reasons...

ANYWAY, enough blathering from me. If you want a backstory, just gimme a shout. You don't need any help with the artsy stuff, from what I see. Oh, and would I be able to bug you to throw in an avian, or are the anthro's gonna be mostly fuzzy?

Nah their not all fuzzy, theres a wolf and a squirrel, but I want to get crafty with the anthros, maybe something with scales and yeah, an avian ^^ and yeah writing help would be needed XD I just make graphics, codes and patterns, im still just learning music and my writing abilities are limited, I cant think of good names, ever. And my stories have huge holes in them, so itd be helpful ^^

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 03:18:36 AM »
Wow, You're a great artist, and this looks like it'll be a cool game, too!

maybe something with scales
You should add a dragon 'cause adding dragons makes everything awesome. 8)

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »
Wow, You're a great artist, and this looks like it'll be a cool game, too!
 You should add a dragon 'cause adding dragons makes everything awesome. 8)

Thanks ^^ il definatly consider the dragon idea, as i'm still not sure whats in store for the extra stage. ^^

FurryYunSeong

• The brave furry anon, now with danmaku
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »
I am definitely interested in this.

Looks very nice and original.

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 03:55:50 PM »
I am definitely interested in this.

Looks very nice and original.

*grins* I can see why, nice anthro character you have there, tis nice ^^

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 08:03:11 PM »
It's great when a newcomer randomly shows up with something amazing. If the danmaku is as good as the graphics, then this will be one of the greatest things ever.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 08:14:10 PM »
It's great when a newcomer randomly shows up with something amazing. If the danmaku is as good as the graphics, then this will be one of the greatest things ever.

Thanks ^^ i'm glad people really like the artwork and graphics, im currently setting things up to make it as visually appealing as possible, with custom effects, characters, backgrounds and maybe even my own bullet sheet, and i'm pretty confident in my math abilities so I was able to learn alot of danmaku tricks that il be able to implement in my game. I hope I can present something playable as soon as possible. ^^

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
Wow, really impressive artwork. I fell in love with the stage 2 boss.
Touhou needs more black-haired girls :V .

Good Luck!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
Welcome,

As said: the artwork for portraits looks top notch. I am curious what kind of end result we are going to get. Makes me at least happy to see Danmakufu slowly becoming more and more played/created on this forum.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
Wow, really impressive artwork. I fell in love with the stage 2 boss.
Touhou needs more black-haired girls :V .

Good Luck!

I was worried at first because I thought she looked too much like Nue, but I ended up liking her design the way it is ^^

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
Welcome,

As said: the artwork for portraits looks top notch. I am curious what kind of end result we are going to get. Makes me at least happy to see Danmakufu slowly becoming more and more played/created on this forum.

My first impresions weren't great, I heard that the engine wasnt finished and that it was out of date, but then I saw other people's projects and noticed it can be extended quite far. A video of UFO Night Session was especialy inspiring. ^^

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 08:27:02 PM »
The engine's not perfect, but you can still make it do whatever you want if you know how. As long as you can put up with hearing the Windows error sound every five minutes, you should be fine.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
Ye the engine limitations are only mere what you basically want to do. You will hit in to various problems and limitations once you start pushing the limits such as Blargel usually does.

Drawing 3D stages for example is all fine until you start making complicated stuff =.=

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »
Maybe i can help with the music, through it might not be as great as the music Zun does.
I will try to get an Main theme done till tommorow ^^"

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 01:22:31 AM »
Maybe i can help with the music, through it might not be as great as the music Zun does.
I will try to get an Main theme done till tommorow ^^"

Oooo, I wasn't expecting this kind of support until I atleast had a stage done, i'm looking forward to seeing what you make ^^

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 04:20:28 AM »
Hi everyone, small update to where im at right now, I began customizing the STGframe's status display, and I want to dedicate a part of it for the game's special scoring/reward gimmick (like UFO's UFOs...isnt that confusing)

Anyone have clever gimmicks that could be associated with humans that got turned into anthros, but could also apply to the playable youkai girl?

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
I absolutely love your drawings. They're probably the best ones I've seen so far in this subforum.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Finished a rough base of it...
Dawnload

I know it?s short, but it?s best to do it step by step than all at once and in the end making it sound bad.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 04:45:06 PM »
Finished a rough base of it...
Dawnload

I know it?s short, but it?s best to do it step by step than all at once and in the end making it sound bad.

Oooo ^^ it sounds so sweet, its pretty good for a base, would it help if I gave you an example to base yourself off of? =3