Author Topic: Touhou: "Reimu's Rainbow Raspberries"  (Read 10289 times)

Youkai_Of_Creation

Touhou: "Reimu's Rainbow Raspberries"
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
Summer is in full bloom in Gensokyo, it's been awhile since the last "Incident" and Reimu has finally had some time to relax. Yeah it seems that Reimu at last had some time to practice her secret hobby, you guessed it, Picking raspberries.

After a long day of harvest however something very strange happened. Alice lost her colors, all 7 of them, coincidentaly ending up in Reimu's harvest basket. The concentrated magical powers of Alice's colors combined with fruit created a solidified rainbow. What the heroines don't know is that the rainbow bridge granted access to a part of Gensokyo none of them have even heard of.

Unfortunatly for Reimu her raspberries were beamed out along with the rainbow bridge, she must now persue her collected fruit in order to get them back. Marisa also tags along after knowing what happened, knowing that without her colors Alice may become terribly ill.

What lies in the strange new land? Which new youkai will Reimu and Marisa encounter? Will Marisa succeed in returning Alice's colors? And will Reimu obtain her lost raspberries?

The game will be produced in Touhou Danmakufu. I'm planing on implementing a special scoring system that requires the player to collect the lost raspberries and the boss characters will be custom made. Stay tuned! 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:42:19 AM by Youkai_Of_Creation »

Re: Touhou: "Reimu's Rainbow Raspberries"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »
hmm. it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »
hmm. it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

What started out as a parody of ZUN's storylines between me and my friend ended up being an idea that I just couldnt ignore X3

Drake

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »
it also sounds like an idea that will be abandoned

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:52 AM »
Interesting...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
it also sounds like an idea that will be abandoned
Sad but true.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 06:18:54 AM »
That idea really sounds interesting, good luck! :3

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »
I like the title the most. Forget Alice; I'm more concerned about Reimu's poor raspberries.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 12:45:54 PM »
Wonder if it will be like Imperishable Night, alternate bosses?

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 02:22:05 AM »
Just to keep people up to date, because itl take awhile for it to be presentable:

Im almost done with making the functions and shortcuts for alot of enemy commands, im working on the enemies of stage 1. I made some junk sprites (The word I use for "Until I get photoshop again") to use until I make the real ones, the yin-yan enemies look presentable with their spining rings, but the fairies are ugly so il wait abit before snapshoting

I'm trying to figure out how to get Marisa involved properly, the alternate boss idea is gold but I need a reason for her making use of the whole raspberry scoring system, maybe replace the rasberries with color swatches? I mean they both have different goals this time (Even if Reimu's incident IS of more concern.)

Stage 1 is gonna be about crossing the rainbow bridge, excect to see some sky youkai!

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 02:12:22 PM »
I see!

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:03 AM »
Hello everyone! Just to let everyone know my forte or atleast the forte im shooting for is graphics, I love to be both the spriter and cutin artist of my games, im sorta learning how to sprite though:

That didn't take me too long, it was made from scratch without a reference (probably why it looks kinda messy/inconsistent/anatomically incorrect) Is Kogasa going to make a suprise apearance in Reimu's Rainbow Raspberries? probably not...Just picked her as my practice victim.

Is there an awesome way to learn to animate sprites though? Im total rubish at it so far, I dont even know how clothing/hair should even move...

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 03:56:24 AM »
(probably why it looks kinda messy/inconsistent/anatomically incorrect)
What is this nonsense you're talking about

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:10 AM »
(probably why it looks kinda messy/inconsistent/anatomically incorrect)
What is this nonsense you're talking about

That poor umbrella never saw it coming X3 if theres one thing I find I couldve done better i would be the umbrella, it stands out in a weird way

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 04:25:18 AM »
Hey, I love how it looks. Don't be hatin' on poor Umbrella~

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 04:30:47 AM »
Hey, I love how it looks. Don't be hatin' on poor Umbrella~

Thanks X3 Il need to find a good way to make animated sprites though, Il probably need better tools than Paint too X3

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 05:20:23 AM »
Thanks X3 Il need to find a good way to make animated sprites though, Il probably need better tools than Paint too X3
Il probably need better tools than Paint too X3
Paint
HOLY SHIT
This is made with MOTHERFUCKING PAINt?
I fear for what Paint.net will do in your hands. (The good kind of fear)

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 05:28:40 AM »
Il probably need better tools than Paint too X3
Paint
HOLY SHIT
This is made with MOTHERFUCKING PAINt?
I fear for what Paint.net will do in your hands. (The good kind of fear)

Yeah, id like to go ahead and blame the program as to why I cant do animations, but at the same time it's something I havent practiced yet. Not being able to work with layers or special commands makes it really annoying which is why I need to try new programs.

Paint.net? Sounds like a browser thing though how does that work? *goes to check*

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 05:34:04 AM »
Paint.net? Sounds like a browser thing though how does that work? *goes to check*
It's just an image creator/Modifier, like Photoshop. The .net part means it uses the .net framework.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 06:09:53 AM »
Graphicsgale.

It has onion skin that makes animations easier and a preview.
GO GET IT NAO

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 02:28:48 AM »
For all those expecting some news on the fangame, im sorry, because my laptop still has no news and im limited on the tools I can use, instead I practice more sprites, again from scratch.

Hooray for really bad clothing fold shading, I need lots more practice, also I know that Hiziri's shiny color scroll-y thing isn't supposed to look like that, I just couldn't handle it.

I need to get a new program, Paint is starting to be annoying with it's lack of layers and tools.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 02:36:58 AM »

It's GREAT!
My only gripe would be that she does not look like floating.

Youkai_Of_Creation

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 02:40:09 AM »

It's GREAT!
My only gripe would be that she does not look like floating.

Thanks! Also I noticed why the folds look random, the skirt and cape are rounded, I shouldve DRAWN the folds before shading them XD And yea the legs are placed in a way that it makes it look like shes standing, I planned on making them alittle more spread out like the original sprite but I kinda fail at legs at the moment XD

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »
Keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:17:03 PM by Vappie »