Author Topic: RUSHmup bullet patterns prototype (please test and help me)  (Read 7599 times)

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
Re: RUSHmup bullet patterns prototype (please test and help me)
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:54 PM »
Im not sure what to do here, if you want it fullscreened without a window border then you have to compile in 'present' mode which forces that fullscreen, if not you can set the size during runtime but youll have the window borders, but you can then set it as an option, so i might have to do that
I dunno, seems just as possible in java as with any other language. ;P I don't code in java so I could be talking out of my rear end here but it looks like what you're looking for is "setUndecorated" to remove borders around the window.

I was suggesting more having the option to toggle the game fullscreen than dropping windowed mode entirely, though...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:03:25 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

XYXYX

• Space[d]Cat
  • "hum is the music, natural is the static..."
    • Space[d]Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 10:14:52 PM »
esc does quit instantly, that, user names, fullscreen option and previous updates should be up sunday

your scores are still uploading but theres a couple things need fixing in the xml file for it to be displayed

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
I think, survival time is not exactly that value that you may use as score. Instead, I would introduce a graze system, where you earn more points when you do more risky things.
Also, slowdown is nearly useless without focused movement, at least I think that.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:06 PM »
Also, slowdown is nearly useless without focused movement, at least I think that.
There's a slowdown?

Latest works
The Strongest

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »
Pressing and holding [Z] slows bullets for limited interval. Though, player isn't slowed, so you're likely to crash into nearest bullet, they're either too dense for that fast movement, or too sparse for slowdown.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

XYXYX

• Space[d]Cat
  • "hum is the music, natural is the static..."
    • Space[d]Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 11:06:33 AM »
focused movement as in slower??

sorry its taking a while for the update, ive been getting the audio you select loaded into a buffer first and scanned for the highest volume, itll save these in a file so youll only need to scan a song once (and its fairly quick)