Author Topic: RUSHmup - audio responsive boss rush - needs your help (patterns!)  (Read 1499 times)

XYXYX

• Space[d]Cat
  • "hum is the music, natural is the static..."
    • Space[d]Cat

! RUSHmup needs your help !
[/color]

I've been slowly working on this shmup now for aaaaaages but it is very slowly getting there, its written in Java with Libgdx and Minim at the moment. The basic premise is it'll play your tracks, and fire patterns controlled by the bass/mid and treb as well as volume. The patterns will be scripted in XML nearer the completion, and a webbased tool will allow guys like yourselves to create patterns, calculate a difficulty, and make them available in everyones game. You fight an endless boss rush for the duration of the track and compete on global highscore tables. Using .midi files for the included tracks might be used to give much tighter control over the audio triggers (my friend Vex Primate will write the tracks and do the midi for them when thats needed)

I'll post some screens for you all  and a new video once ive redone the renderer code to use layers and bloom each individually with the appropriate settings.

Its playable at the moment, but needs a little tweaking, what I'm hoping someone here can help with is coding a few patterns for me since you all seem damn good at it ;)

A shot is created with an angle and spd
The audio data can influence the spd, number of shots, and repetitions that make up the pattern, they use Vector2s for the movment so move.x = math.cos(ang)*spd and math.sin(ang)*spd for y, so that should help :)

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated, and if you'd like to come on board the project you'd be more than welcome :)

Happy shmupping guys! And thanks