Author Topic: Yukari's Dynamic Thread of Scripts and Functions + Help with Errors  (Read 2230 times)

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
WELCOME TO YUKARI'S SECTION OF RANGE!
Well yeah, I've created a few scripts and functions, so, why not post it at my own little thread? Thought I should post a demo to my game ( NOT FINISHED YET ) here too.

Now, back to the Main Topic. I am currently working on a game but I have a Marisa Script done. Of course, edit the plural file and remove the spaces between Plural along with changing the player to "FREE"

Marisa Kirisame - Hard and Easy Mode Combined -
Defining the ZUN shotdata( E.X. US_ARROW_SS_RED ):
UserShot Index with ZUN shotdata
A More fun Genmu:
Genmu v3.0

Well, I would like to here reviews for these scripts and such. Now, to forward on my game.

Requiem of Scarlet Devil

Yes, this is the game I am creating. But, I won't get on that much of information. I already have the instructions for the game to function properly so here are your fellow instructions:

1. Download the Demo/Full version of RoSD

2. Extract the archive to a new folder. No, not the folder where you Danmakufu is. Extract it too create a new Danmakufu. ( CtC style )

3. Change your PC's settings to Japanese to understand some text in the game or run it with Applocale.

4. Configure lives, bombs, sound, whatever then click start and select your Scenario and play at hard mode ( Default is hard. Hopefully Mewkyuu may nerf the scripts to make more difficulties )

5. Die on fucking Tewi and fail at fucking Fantasy Seal Have fun!

LINK:
In the making

Tutorials that may not be Mentioned at the Information Thread

Okay, now let us begin with such. You all know how to configure Applocale and all that how to Create your bullet shit right? Well, now, I have experienced Errors like a function you described at lib cannot be read. This is either through:
1. You forgot a ";" at one of the variables
2. You defined it all at the wrong folder
3. You messed up at the correct words.
4. You forgot that Danmakufu is case sensitive
5. You included the function at the wrong directory
6. messed up at the "" and Defining
7. You forgot to comment a specific statement
8. You messed up the script so much with all those errors and stuff, that Danmakufu cannot even interpret a damn word your saying! Fix it now!
9. You just screwed the whole script with random words like, "toddler" or "I like soup" and even "oh mah tree sap!" without even commenting

HwE #2:
Shot Replace Error:
Get something like this:
" Token: There is a misplaced ";" at line (number given)"?

Well, here is the problem you might have done wrong:

1. You accidentally placed a ";" somewhere
2. You forgot to place it after the Image you provided with the shot
3. You just placed ";" somewhere around your script a bit. Fix it immediately!
4. You forgot and added ";" after everything in your script.
5. You just mindscrewed danmakufu with this sort of easy error to avoid

HwE #3:
Uninterpreted Wait
Only three:
1. You declared outside of script enemy.
2. You didn't call the wait function
3. You tried to wait at MainLoop and do all that tasking shit at MainLoop. Geez, stop making life for Danmakufu hard.

HwE #4:
Unraveling the Mysteries of how to figure out what you've done wrong.

Yes, I will explain stuff with sample codes now. Here are a few:
Code: [Select]
CreateShot01( X-Coordinate, Y-Coordinate, speed, angle, graphic, delay );
That's the Original right? But look at this one:
CreateShot01( GetCenterX, getCenterY, 2.5, angle*c0s + i*10-20, 10, US_ARROW_SS_RED )
Now, let me fix your mistakes newbies!

1. You forgot to Capital the "g" at getCenterX
2. you didn't declare the ascent i in 0 function
3.You misspelled cos and should try angle(cos)+i*10-20
4. Switched Delay and Graphic Position
5. Forgot to include the Index of the shot data you provided.

This is just a sample of a newbies work ( Taken directly from my oldest work which is EXRumia Strikes again. Deleted, so do not ask for it. )

HwE #5:
Trying to Rename Functions like SetLife eh?

Believe me I've tried this once but failed. It turns out you need to create your own function with:
function functionname {
Well, if you did try. Let me tell you the following errors you've made:
1. As you may have noticed, if you say for example:
"let cx = GetX;" You may be wondering why it works and that is because that doesn't require any extra parameters unlike DrawBoss and SetLife.
2. Now, back to what I was saying, you may have tried this:

let CollisionA = SetCollisionA;3. It will not work because you did not define the Extra parameters. I recommend creating your own functions. It's easier for you but can be awfully long to do several. But, in the end, it's worth all that describing and perfecting shit. Am I right? Try it yourself and you'll see!
4. Remove that function and let the functions like "cx = GetX; " stay.

HwE #6
Yay Another Error! This time, Event Script Errors!

Ever get an error raising up saying, :

Error!

IMAGE_MYSTIA is an undefined indentifier

or

#include_function".\image.txt"; cannot be read

Well, here's your problem:
1. You provided the wrong Image for Mystia.
2, You typed it wrong like

MYSTIA_IMAGE = CSD ~ "Mystia.png";
but you switched it up like:

IMAGE_MYSTIA = CSD ~"Mystai.png";
Yes, the only way to spot this problem is too check the function of "image.txt" itself.
3. You may have also didn't include CSD as "GetCurrentScriptDirectory" so yeah, Danmakufu just fucked it's mind right at the hole.
Or you forgot to load the graphic. A common error for newbies.

Yeah, that's all I got for now. See more scripts, tutorials, and a demo of my game soon!  :)
And, Hope these HwEs  help you. Next stop, the Finalizing error.

EDIT: Fixed Letter Glitch

EDIT 02: Lowered harsh language.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:58:34 PM by Yukari-Chan »
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Yukari's Dynamic Thread of Scripts and Functions + Help with Errors
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:31:19 AM »
Ok, so it's not a good thing to force people to download the Sanae player scripts. You can always define player scripts in the same folder as the script you're going to play.

Gravity Laser sorta sucks for me because I hate going around the boss like that when it's all the way at the top. Would probably work better if marisa were at the center of the screen.

Second nonspell is just the same as first. Boring.

Starlight Chord... Safespotty?

Just a quick note, you'd have wanted to copy-paste that "tutorial" (wtf it's not even a tutorial. anyone would just ask for it in the Q/A Thread anyways) into the Q&A Thread so the first post isn't as long as it really is.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:59:48 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »
Okay. I meant HwE but my mistake. Anyways, I'm on my phone right now so, I'll make this short. Meh. Yeah, testing big stars so yeah. This was just a test script amnd sc was glitched so I'll fix that at later versions. Thanks for your opinion though.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »
I have some concerns regarding this thread and its content:

1) Could you tell me why you create another thread while your original work thread was called 'Project Mokou's work'
2) What is 'UserShot Index with ZUN shotdata' and why does it uses an extreme outdated shotsheet? (In fact, I believe I am seeing my work in there and it is supposing to be v4.1, but it is not?)
3) Is there any reason for placing a tutorial here which is actually covered on the wikis/tutorials?
4) If this is suppose to be a tutorial for newbies, I would like to express that the used language in some sections is unsuitable.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »
I have some concerns regarding this thread and its content:

1) Could you tell me why you create another thread while your original work thread was called 'Project Mokou's work'
2) What is 'UserShot Index with ZUN shotdata' and why does it uses an extreme outdated shotsheet? (In fact, I believe I am seeing my work in there and it is supposing to be v4.1, but it is not?)
3) Is there any reason for placing a tutorial here which is actually covered on the wikis/tutorials?
4) If this is suppose to be a tutorial for newbies, I would like to express that the used language in some sections is unsuitable.

Ah, good questions. Guess I'll go on order.
1) Ah... Forgot about that.
2) Just to define it like how CtC did it. If you want, I can take it down. And, I can give you credit if you want.
3) They have an error index? Oh, forgot too mention it was an HwE.
4) The first part is for decent to expert while the last is for newbies. And by that, I mean I became really strict at the first part, and really kind at the last part. If you want I can edit the language if you want.

It's been fixed. Sorry for making things hard on you. I've been cranky and paying less attention to my threads.

Now, I hope this satisfies your questions a bit. If you have any further questions concerning anything, feel free to comment down here

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:03:17 PM by Yukari-Chan »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »
Crediting isn't really the issue. It is more like the consistency and preferable up-2-date of the resources. The shotsheet you used is very old if you compare it to my real v4.1. Also fuzzy memory, but I think someone had made a shot-replace script to define them like CtC. If not, you can use yours but you need to submit it in the correct thread (the shot-sheet thread).

Also you need to be clear what you are wanting. Tutorials go in the tutorial threads and should offer new or fixed data. Not more of the same, because those can be handled in Q&A (or video tutorials).

A personal thread, like everybody is making them, is meant for posting your creations (scripts, libraries, spirtes etc.) Otherwise we're going to have dozens of threads with scattered information.

Which is why I asked you why you created this thread and didn't stick with your original. You need to make choices, because I am not gonna keep fusing threads for eternity =|

Edit:
Here is the deal to make your personal workplace a better and cleaner place. Create a new thread, blanc. Put your own creations/scripts or w/e in there as you wish. Once done, I will lock this thread so it doesn't create noise. After that, please refrain from making more threads for personal creations. Unless you're making full large scaled games, there is no reason to create a thread for every work you're doing.

If you don't know for sure, look at the example of other authors in the 'Mechanics of Rika' thread. People like Stuffman, Johny Walker show how to organize nicely. People like bennelsey give better examples of full (mini) games.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:40:43 PM by Helepolis »

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
Crediting isn't really the issue. It is more like the consistency and preferable up-2-date of the resources. The shotsheet you used is very old if you compare it to my real v4.1. Also fuzzy memory, but I think someone had made a shot-replace script to define them like CtC. If not, you can use yours but you need to submit it in the correct thread (the shot-sheet thread).

Also you need to be clear what you are wanting. Tutorials go in the tutorial threads and should offer new or fixed data. Not more of the same, because those can be handled in Q&A (or video tutorials).

A personal thread, like everybody is making them, is meant for posting your creations (scripts, libraries, spirtes etc.) Otherwise we're going to have dozens of threads with scattered information.

Which is why I asked you why you created this thread and didn't stick with your original. You need to make choices, because I am not gonna keep fusing threads for eternity =|

Edit:
Here is the deal to make your personal workplace a better and cleaner place. Create a new thread, blanc. Put your own creations/scripts or w/e in there as you wish. Once done, I will lock this thread so it doesn't create noise. After that, please refrain from making more threads for personal creations. Unless you're making full large scaled games, there is no reason to create a thread for every work you're doing.

If you don't know for sure, look at the example of other authors in the 'Mechanics of Rika' thread. People like Stuffman, Johny Walker show how to organize nicely. People like bennelsey give better examples of full (mini) games.

Well, Once again, I'm very sorry for my stupidity.  And, maybe HwE thing is really unnesscary but you can add it too the Q&A thread if you wish. I'll do the new thread later. Right now, I'm heavy loaded with all that suspension lecture from my parents ( Yeah, I got suspended for no particular reason at all ). Maybe I can posts stuff what I am doing in my game in my personal thread?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:08:21 AM by Yukari-Chan »