Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119149 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #690 on: March 25, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
EBWOM: I guess she was right about not being able to count because she forgot Hanged Hourai, Schezo and Colt too.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #691 on: March 25, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »
Anyway, Shadoweh, if you give me a heads up on your target before you shoot I should be able to guarantee that your target will die. (ie. break down bulletproof if they have it and disable things like Hourai's redirects)

Totally claiming daytime role blocker. Hi5 Dormio

Now can we lynch this SIFOM?

Bardiche claimed the Nightkill on UK. Nobody counterclaimed, thus, he is almost guaranteed to be either a town vig or SK. Thus, he's not a danger to town as we can direct his kills, and if he doesn't, he gets lynched right away.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #692 on: March 25, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
EBWOP: Dormio claiming daytime role blocker in that post you linked and I quoted

Shadoweh

« Reply #693 on: March 25, 2011, 01:37:37 PM »
Of course no one counterclaimed. The only person who can is already dead.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #694 on: March 25, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »
I don't know what Dormio is, but I do know preventing a vig kill on one of our top suspects is the absolutely most anti-town thing I have seen this game, regardless of the reasons behind it. It's the reason why we never have a "No Lynch".

Dormio/Caedo just did a marvelous job making himself more suspicious than anyone on Edible's list if he actually did block you just now Shadoweh. Were you blocked?

Shadoweh

« Reply #695 on: March 25, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
capt.h: I honestly don't know yet. We'll know when Serp posts the next votecount and Bard is still alive or not.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #696 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:28 PM »
Well,

##Unvote

##Vote Dormio

Overall contentless posts, barely says anything useful, and just claimed to use her abilities to handicap town. If he can block day powers more than once, he's going to be a huge liability to future town roles. And frankly, the ability to block day abilities sounds pretty anti-town to me (having only seen pro-town day abilities).

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #697 on: March 25, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »
Shadoweh: Why do you think UK was the NK and that she killed Affinity instead of Affinity being the NK with Bard vigging UK when UK never told you anything about Affinity other than that she thought he looked "fairly town"? UK may be incredibly trigger-happy but she always uses her kills on people she actually thinks are scummy, and there are a handful of people on that list whose descriptions I would think would cause UK to vig in their direction more (Zakeri, Dormio, Cap). And yet you believed she killed Affinity so strongly that you were willing to take unilateral action and attempt to kill someone that most everyone else didn't think should be first on the chopping block?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Shadoweh

« Reply #698 on: March 25, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »
Kilga: Because my comments about what I thought of Affinity were sent way after UK's assessment that he was fairly town. Considering Affinity was both in charge of the Conqueror wagon and he was trying to get Serela lynched over Hourai (and UK thought Hourai was a regular scum member) why do you think Affinity was so 'obviously town'? If he were still alive today I would have shot him.

Bardiche was always on the list of suspects. I wanted to kill him to either prove your huh what/Schezo idea and clear you or show that you were likely the scum pair. There's also no way to figure out the night actions while he's still alive.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #699 on: March 25, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
You've still not posted why I am suspicious. You demand I post what I have on other people, yet the entire day you've A) refused to fullclaim despite demanding others do so, B) demanded town give their input on who dies yet ignoring that anyway and C) pushed the idea that your target for the day must die without providing reasons beyond "it implicates Kilga".

Your entire case hinges on UK acting out of her usual pattern of behaviour (UK does always kill who she thinks is scum and would not throw away future investigations for a vig unless she was sure) and that UK would share your beliefs of who are scummy.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #700 on: March 25, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
You've still not posted why I am suspicious. You demand I post what I have on other people, yet the entire day you've A) refused to fullclaim despite demanding others do so, B) demanded town give their input on who dies yet ignoring that anyway and C) pushed the idea that your target for the day must die without providing reasons beyond "it implicates Kilga".

Your entire case hinges on UK acting out of her usual pattern of behaviour (UK does always kill who she thinks is scum and would not throw away future investigations for a vig unless she was sure) and that UK would share your beliefs of who are scummy.

It should be really, really obvious why it's a bad idea for some of us to fullclaim, and I personally think Shadoweh has said enough about her role. I kind of wish she said less truth be told.

It's not like anyone here has fullclaimed, especially you, and you claimed to vig UK.

Shadoweh

« Reply #701 on: March 25, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »
I will fullclaim if Serp confirms my kill didn't go through because it'll mean it's not going to get me killed.
I've never told anyone to fullclaim today but you. Because you were going to be dead. No matter how many people keep saying "Shadoweh told everyone to roleclaim today." it's not going to be true. You're right, I wanted more then anything to see who wanted who dead and who made cases on who. My thought patterns do not follow yours but I was watching what everyone said. Everyone agreed that Schezo Must Die and that you were somehow immune to scrutiny and apparently Kilga will die for you. That last part is the strangest thing I've ever seen a townie say.

Bardiche

« Reply #702 on: March 25, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
How does "people think you're not scummy" correlate to "you must be scum"? How does Kilgamayan's behaviour determine that I am the scummiest player alive and should be killed? How does everyone going "Schezo is scummy" equate to "it's not worth killing Schezo over Bardiche"?

I read back on your posts and you did in fact not push everyone to roleclaim, and my apologies for that wrong assertion. I read it somewhere and assumed it must be true, but I was wrong.

capt h, why is Shadoweh "obviously town" to you other than "role"? I take your saying that Dormio blocked "town" as that you believe Shadoweh is town, so what reasons do you have to believe that other than that you've never seen scum day powers? (for the record, I've never seen someone who can cop five people at once!)

Bardiche

« Reply #703 on: March 25, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
Stuff between speech marks does not imply quotations, it's my assertion that capt h believes Shadoweh is obvtown due to asserting Dormio is cockblocking town.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #704 on: March 25, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »
How does "people think you're not scummy" correlate to "you must be scum"? How does Kilgamayan's behaviour determine that I am the scummiest player alive and should be killed? How does everyone going "Schezo is scummy" equate to "it's not worth killing Schezo over Bardiche"?

I read back on your posts and you did in fact not push everyone to roleclaim, and my apologies for that wrong assertion. I read it somewhere and assumed it must be true, but I was wrong.

capt h, why is Shadoweh "obviously town" to you other than "role"? I take your saying that Dormio blocked "town" as that you believe Shadoweh is town, so what reasons do you have to believe that other than that you've never seen scum day powers? (for the record, I've never seen someone who can cop five people at once!)

If Sadoweh claims her fullclaim won't get her killed then I can tell you why I thought she was town.

I thought she was implying that she had  vig powers once per day. Regardless of how scummy she acted, I would have been surprised to see her alive at LYLO, because scum would not let such a player live for very long. She would be just to dangerous.

At least, that's how I interpretted Shadoweh's cryptic remarks.

Shadoweh

« Reply #705 on: March 25, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
Bardiche: Did you read it in the quicktopic The roleclaim thing is something Schezo and Dormio said. The fact that Dormio is blocking a vig at all, and therefore claiming to think you are 100% town is.. I don't know. Especially since you're on our list of People That Need To Be Lessened. I think you are scummy because you flew completely under the radar when you're more of a Lynch All Lurkers guy. I've never seen Kilga look like he's fumbling over paragraphs before. The truth is when I posted my narrowed to two list I'd already decided to kill you because you disappeared.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #706 on: March 25, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »
Incidentally, does anyone know how Dormio's power works? I didn't see her place a command in the thread. So I'd like to know if I'm talking to a dead player or not.

Bard, if you are dead, this may be your last chance to fullclaim. At this point I'm not sure I care. Both you and Dormio are the worst townies ever, possibly scum, and managed to jump all the way to the top of my lynch list. You for killing UK without any aparent reason and then being protected by Dormio, and Dormio for blocking a very important flip and in doing so playing more anti-town than I even thought was physically possible. The only reason I'm not voting for you is because I need to see Dormio lynched before I can be sure town vig roles will be usable.

@ Shadoweh - I do think Kilga is playing more scummy, but if Bard revealed the third scum for us, I am grateful to you for your decision.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #707 on: March 25, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
Kilga: Because my comments about what I thought of Affinity were sent way after UK's assessment that he was fairly town. Considering Affinity was both in charge of the Conqueror wagon and he was trying to get Serela lynched over Hourai (and UK thought Hourai was a regular scum member) why do you think Affinity was so 'obviously town'? If he were still alive today I would have shot him.

And what does your opinion of Affinity have to do with why UK shot Affinity? Let me make this perfectly clear, just so there's no confusion.

- You assert that UK shot Affinity and was the night kill herself, targeted by Bard.
- You assert that UK's last known opinion of Affinity is that he is "fairly town". (That you withheld this information until just recently does not make me particularly happy, by the way.)
- You therefore assert that UK shot someone she thought was "fairly town". Notice that your opinion of Affinity does not factor into this assertion at all.

Why do you make this assertion?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #708 on: March 25, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
To hell with it. You're on the bucket list, we have one flipped vig and two more claimed, there's all sorts of role craziness this game, it's entirely possible scum some have sort of vig on their side. To see such anti-town unilateral action from a claimed vig whose justification for their suspicions is that another vig shot someone that other vig thought was "fairly town", compounded by my pre-claim case, is enough for me.

##Unvote: Schezo
##Vote: Shadoweh

Bardiche

« Reply #709 on: March 25, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
@capt h:
I had plenty of reason to do so. UK keeping her vote on me the entire game until page six when she jumps to Conqueror, refuses to answer questions to elucidate her stand points and spends most of D1 just asking questions and being friendly rather than scumhunt isn't a good enough reason to kill her?

How is Dormio's play anti-town? Shadoweh hasn't been the very epitome of pro-town herself, so suggesting there is a Scum DayVig isn't that absurd if you look at town having two cops, of which Edible's advertised role is one of the most powerful roles I've ever seen in a Mafia game.

I'd declare you more anti-town. You've yet to show any sign of scumhunting; presenting cases based on someone's actions in another game (for all that I agree Schezo is scummy), spending a good part of D1 just waiting on people to post (and someone calling it overexcitement here... excitement at what?), and a weird mention that the Anti-Conq case was strong but you took no effort to point out why it was flawed, since you thought Conqueror was town. An amusing call, which is a weird call nonetheless.

Start of Day2 is a mention that "these people are worth looking into", but beyond that recommendation, no such action yourself. The rest of the day is gaming the setup and speculating the mechanics of the game, which is very interesting but really not relevant to scumhunting. Posts as these do nothing to highlight your own stance on who is scum and who is not, serving only to provide the illusion of content while actually providing none but "Here's some stuff that's True (TM), derive opinions!"

Before you make strong statements that people are idiots and "worst townies ever", perhaps you could enlighten how never actually putting effort to scumhunt is pro-town, and why you are chainsaw defending Shadoweh. Or to be more direct: Why do you not hunt scum, and why do you defend Shadoweh in a chainsaw maneuver?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #710 on: March 25, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
(It is also worth noting that my opinion of Affinity also has nothing to do with the assertion I outlined.)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #711 on: March 25, 2011, 05:31:53 PM »
To hell with it. You're on the bucket list, we have one flipped vig and two more claimed, there's all sorts of role craziness this game, it's entirely possible scum some have sort of vig on their side. To see such anti-town unilateral action from a claimed vig whose justification for their suspicions is that another vig shot someone that other vig thought was "fairly town", compounded by my pre-claim case, is enough for me.

##Unvote: Schezo
##Vote: Shadoweh

Congrats, you just put Shadoweh at L-2.

##Unvote

##Vote: Kilgamayan

Shadoweh

« Reply #712 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »
I'm not even sure what unilateral means. I assume it means tried to shoot Bardiche. Can you explain to me why you would rather die yourself then see Bardiche eat a bullet? Also can you stop voting for me until Serpentarius confirms if something or nothing happens? You will probably get a better explanation then.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
@capt h:
I had plenty of reason to do so. UK keeping her vote on me the entire game until page six when she jumps to Conqueror, refuses to answer questions to elucidate her stand points and spends most of D1 just asking questions and being friendly rather than scumhunt isn't a good enough reason to kill her?

How is Dormio's play anti-town? Shadoweh hasn't been the very epitome of pro-town herself, so suggesting there is a Scum DayVig isn't that absurd if you look at town having two cops, of which Edible's advertised role is one of the most powerful roles I've ever seen in a Mafia game.

I'd declare you more anti-town. You've yet to show any sign of scumhunting; presenting cases based on someone's actions in another game (for all that I agree Schezo is scummy), spending a good part of D1 just waiting on people to post (and someone calling it overexcitement here... excitement at what?), and a weird mention that the Anti-Conq case was strong but you took no effort to point out why it was flawed, since you thought Conqueror was town. An amusing call, which is a weird call nonetheless.

Start of Day2 is a mention that "these people are worth looking into", but beyond that recommendation, no such action yourself. The rest of the day is gaming the setup and speculating the mechanics of the game, which is very interesting but really not relevant to scumhunting. Posts as these do nothing to highlight your own stance on who is scum and who is not, serving only to provide the illusion of content while actually providing none but "Here's some stuff that's True (TM), derive opinions!"

Before you make strong statements that people are idiots and "worst townies ever", perhaps you could enlighten how never actually putting effort to scumhunt is pro-town, and why you are chainsaw defending Shadoweh. Or to be more direct: Why do you not hunt scum, and why do you defend Shadoweh in a chainsaw maneuver?

Alright. You've spoken enough. And I'm insulted that you said that I make no effort to hunt scum. I checked PX's entire post history to verify his past references to himself in the third person, and I disproved Hourai's claim that Huh What doesn't use the term scum in reference to Conq. by checking all of Huh What's posts this game. I even cited the last time PX refered to himself in the third person, because I thought his behavior was strange. I might not be hunting scum well, but I'm very acitve about it.

We have a list of five players, two of which are scum. Dormio prevented us from getting our second kill today and prevented Shadoweh's death (which we could rectify tomorrow if necessary), and both names were on the list. Basically, Dormio is making us tajke two extra days to hunt scum. There is no way in which Dormio's block is pro-town, and even as Shadoweh's victim you should be able to appreciate just how anti-town making us waste extra days is.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #714 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:08 PM »
Totally claiming daytime role blocker. Hi5 Dormio

Now can we lynch this SIFOM?

Bardiche claimed the Nightkill on UK. Nobody counterclaimed, thus, he is almost guaranteed to be either a town vig or SK. Thus, he's not a danger to town as we can direct his kills, and if he doesn't, he gets lynched right away.

Hey, are you really a daytime roleblocker?

I ask because I think roleblocking Dormio would be a good idea if you can.

Shadoweh

« Reply #715 on: March 25, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
No, he's saying Dormio claimed daytime role blocker earlier. Which does make sense as a way to block bulletproof. Also if you read what he said he's obviously not going to help me. He thinks I'm a scum with killing power. No one's going to be able to explain how Dormio's power works except Dormio. Despite the possibility that those two are a scum pair you should calm down and wait for the other players to see what happened before posting more. I fully expect to get hammered and my entire effort today after my flip written off as the worst Town Vigilante in history but there isn't much I can do about that after being kicked in the gut by Dormio.

Bardiche

« Reply #716 on: March 25, 2011, 06:02:40 PM »
And yet you drop the (worthwhile) accusation that someone might've written PX's arguments for him in favour of "Dormio blocked Shadoweh who he thinks is scum!" and "Kilgamayan voted Shadoweh to L-2!!", the latter of which isn't very telling of scummy behaviour to me. Perhaps you can elucidate that? The former strikes me as a chainsaw defence; discrediting Dormio's case on Shadoweh by claiming Dormio is scum, rather than considering the line of thought that lead to Dormio's actions and declaring the flaws in their belief to support Shadoweh = scum.

You've cited two instances as genuine scumhunting. One of which is simply checking if Hourai's accusation was correct, and one was PX's self-reference. Your entire case on Hourai doesn't exist, as the "reasons stated above" declare you voted him to pressure a content post out of him. Your last post in the day is declaring confusion whether you want to lynch Serela or Hourai - based solely on Serela's role information being declared wrong by a party you had been voting up until you wanted to pressure Hourai instead.

There are no given reasons to jump off of Shadoweh to begin with and by now, you seem completely convinced Shadoweh is town. Why?

Again I iterate that there is no valuable scumhunting you have done, as your only real mark, that Hourai made a false claim, was not pursued by yourself. You do not attack PX on his arguments but on one point, namely that he might've had someone write his arguments for him - if you were convinced he was scum, and wanted to put honest-to-god scumhunting in, why did you not pursue other arguments to underline why PX is scummy? Why do you abandon that case in lieu of Dormio?

Why is there no effort to further convince the town that PX is scum based on your belief that he has someone write his arguments for him and is, thusly, scum?

It is this lazy scumhunting combined with doing nothing but reporting things and gaming the setup rather than hunting scum that I get the idea you are not siding with town.

I would put my vote down on you if not for Edible's bucket list... speaking of which, where -is- Edible? Either way, resolving the two (or more, if "at least" is any indication) scum in the bucket takes priority for now.

I'm ready to swap to Shadoweh and put him at L-1, for I cannot imagine town really acting as Shadoweh did, and it is plainly obvious no one wants to lynch Huh What despite how much he deserves it as far as I am concerned. Sigh, I really want to get my cake and eat it someday.

Shadoweh

« Reply #717 on: March 25, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »
Are you hoping Colt will drop by and hit the lurker hammer? Seriously, we have over a day left today for people to discuss how to murder me. Do not put me to L-1. That would be incredibly negligent of you.

Bardiche

« Reply #718 on: March 25, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »
If I had no such consideration I would've put you to L-1 already.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #719 on: March 25, 2011, 06:08:31 PM »
Unilateral means making a decision without agreement from a group. In Mafia it's basically where on person decides their opinion is more important than the group's opinion and elects to take a course of action different from what the town thinks is the best course of action. It is bad because, without the stigma, scum could rather easily take an anti-town action and then just go "whoops, my mistake" when it backfired.

I am not afraid of L-2 and I don't know why Cap is - if we get a scum rush to quicklynch her that would be pretty neat because it would give away some more scummies.