Author Topic: Creative Musings and Inspiration (Ideas thread)  (Read 121809 times)

Re: Creative Musings and Inspiration (Ideas thread)
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 05:17:17 AM »
KRIEGSAFFE! WHEREFORE ART THOU MINE BROTHER?
You know you're addicted to Metal Gear jokes when you see that and think "Kreigsaffe! You can't do that! The future will be changed! You've created a time paradox!"

Cassie

• By Seventh Holy Scripture
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
Ok. Now re-railing the thread.

In the myth, God is force *cue in Overture ala Armored Core 4*

Once upon a time....

There was a war between creation and destruction....

*cue in Kaguya replacing Supplice, doing the explosive stuff*

And until modern future, a race for ultimate power, has begun....

*cue in Yukari attempts to stop a mega train with multiple smaller trains*

Genso Core
Cassie "You know.... I think you lost it. We're here ten times"
Lily "Have you counted the time we've been here for the first time?"
Cassie "I did! Ok?"

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »
There is something strange going on at the Moon.

Unexplained earthquakes (moonquakes?) rattle the lunar surface, and show no signs of letting up. Lunar Defense Force believes that nothing is truly wrong and opt to let things run it's course however, the Watatsuki's say otherwise and consult Lord Tsukiyomi for any information.

He (or She? I dunno) only gives them one explanation to these events...The Man In the Moon is awakening.

Yeah crapped out after reading various stuff on Wikipedia about the moon.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »
There is something strange going on at the Moon.

Unexplained earthquakes (moonquakes?) rattle the lunar surface, and show no signs of letting up. Lunar Defense Force believes that nothing is truly wrong and opt to let things run it's course however, the Watatsuki's say otherwise and consult Lord Tsukiyomi for any information.

He (or She? I dunno) only gives them one explanation to these events...The Man In the Moon is awakening.

Yeah crapped out after reading various stuff on Wikipedia about the moon.

Sounds like Victor from Busou Renkin lol.

On note: revival of the Dynasty Touhou Warriors

Abandoned last year, the idea was originally tentative...
This time I abandon originality, instead, I am going to take the Dynasty Warriors direct storyline of Wei (Under Cao Cao's campaign) He wins of course.

Mistress of Chaos: Reimu
Sword of the Chaos (Zhang Liao) : Marisa
Cousin (Xia Hou Dun and Yuan) : Alice and Tenshi
Defender of the Shrine Mistress (Dian Wei) : Ruukuto
The Strategist (Sima Yi) : Mima

----

Wu
The Natural Leader (Sun Ce) - Sanae
The Tiger of Jiang Dong (Sun Jian) - Kanako
Son of the Tiger (Sun Quan) - Minoriko
Daughter of the Tiger (Sun Shang Xiang) - Aki
Strategist (Lu Xun) - Aya
Defender of the Strategist (Gan Ning / Ling Tong / Lu Meng) - Nitori, Momizi, Hina

----

Shu
Lord of Nan Zhong (Liu Bei) - Nazrin
Brothers in Arms (Guan Yu / Zhang Fei) - Tatara, Ichirin
Wise one (Pang Tong) - Yumemi/Chiyuri
Strategist (Zhu Ge Liang) - Yumemi
Undaunted Old One (Huang Zhong) - Eirin
Spear of the Faithful (Zhao Yun) - Yuka

(Eientei would be Nan Zhong castle)

----

Others
Lu Bu - Yukari
Diao Chan - Ran
Dong Zhuo - Yuyuko? (She eats a lot, like a fat guy)
Small generals - The prismrivers/ three fairies

Zhang Jiao - Cirno
Zhang Bao - Wriggle
Zhangs....etc - Rumia, Mystia, Rikako? Tokiko?

Yuan Shao - Remilia
Other Yuans - Sakuya, Patchouli, Mei Ling.
Serving Yuan Shao - Flandre, Mokou, Keine

Suggest roles for other characters of Touhou? Go ahead.

Kaguya should play useless princess if anything, I suppose given that it is Shu, she would play Meng Huo, the one who shifts around and had to be captured to perform for Shu for a near 8 times. (hence in Chinese, Meng Huo can also mean "LOL I DUNNO" as a joke term)
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »
On note: revival of the Dynasty Touhou Warriors
Depending on how much(or little) history you intend to have is how this might work out.

Zhang Jiao - Patchouli
Zhang Bao - Ran
(Zhang Liang) -Reisen
Nothing special to distinguish here... magic wielder or illusionist

Dong Zhuo - Yukari
Lu Bu - Tenshi
Diao Chan - Iku
(Emperor Shao) - Chen
(Zhang Liao) : Suika
Considering where Zhang Liao starts out in history, this might work out better

Yuan Shao - Remilia
Other Yuans - Flandre, Prismrivers
(Wen Chou and Yan Liang) - Sakuya, Mei Ling.
(Xu You) - Keine
(Zhang He) - Mokou
The two on the bottom join to Wei after the fall of the Yuan

Wei
Mistress of Chaos: Reimu
Cousin (Xia Hou Dun and Yuan) : Marisa and Mima
Defender of the Shrine Mistress (Dian Wei) : Ruukuto
The Strategist (Sima Yi) : Alice
Just some readjusting

Shu
Lord of Nan Zhong (Liu Bei) - Sanae
Brothers in Arms (Guan Yu / Zhang Fei) -  Kanako, Suwako
Wise one (Pang Tong) - Yumemi
Strategist (Zhu Ge Liang) - Aya, Nitori
Undaunted Old One (Huang Zhong) - Eirin
Spear of the Faithful (Zhao Yun) - Momizi
Needs Ma Chao for the "5 Tiger Generals"
Ma Chao - Youmu
Ma Teng - Yuyuko
Also, Nitori could be Yue Ying

Nan Zhong
Cirno and Utsuho; not enough?

Wu
Needs Zhou Yu and Huang Gai for Battle at Chi Bi.  Sun Ce doesn't live long enough to matter.  Consider dividing up Eientei, undergrounders, and anyone else for here.  The list of "important" characters for this is too long...

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 05:07:14 AM »
Team 9 vs. The Third Reich!
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 05:23:20 AM »
Tenshi as Lu Bu... never thought about that.

I suppose since there are UFO characters, I add them to Nan Zhong team.
Mystia playing Wu Tu Gu. lol Zhu Rong is Rumia then.

Your plan was definitely much better than mine so I would use most of it if I begin on this project.

The other thing is, I gotta replay Cao Cao's campaign.

Spoiler:
and erm...Suwako will die. (trapped in a castle by Wu)

Zhang He - Mokou, I have a hard time imagining it as she is more the sort of Lu Bu in my head. I sort of wanted to set them there originally so I just might change that.

Youmu should join Reimu (Wei) and act as defender of the shrine.  While Ma Chao should be Tenshi imo.

A bit something like that.
Oh well, for the moment I just need to read up on encyclopedia of the entire war of Chi Bi to start.

Maybe a 2 chapter per war thing to play off to.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 03:17:03 AM »
Ten hours without a post? Ye gods.

Anyway, I'm going to go on record as saying that I'm a dork--no, I take that back, I'm not a dork. I'm a solid-gold dorkus malorkus for thinking this one up. Hell, the idea kept me up last night, just thinking up scenes and sequences. Also a title:

Doctor Who and the Forgotten Realm

Basically, in the grand tradition of...well, Doctor Who, the good Doc TARDIS-es his way into Gensokyo. And, because he can't go anywhere without bad shit going down, he has to figure out why all the youkai are disappearing. Oh, and this takes place between seasons, so he doesn't have a companion.

Oooh. What's this burning?

Oh.

It's shame.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 04:27:20 AM »
Yukari is a Time Lady is fooling around again.

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 05:57:57 AM »
Yukari is a Time Lady is fooling around again.

A big part of the story is that she can gap away anything to anywhere. :V

Mobius

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »
Ten hours without a post? Ye gods.

Anyway, I'm going to go on record as saying that I'm a dork--no, I take that back, I'm not a dork. I'm a solid-gold dorkus malorkus for thinking this one up. Hell, the idea kept me up last night, just thinking up scenes and sequences. Also a title:

Basically, in the grand tradition of...well, Doctor Who, the good Doc TARDIS-es his way into Gensokyo. And, because he can't go anywhere without bad shit going down, he has to figure out why all the youkai are disappearing. Oh, and this takes place between seasons, so he doesn't have a companion.

Oooh. What's this burning?

Oh.

It's shame.

Which Doctor? That really makes a difference.

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »
Which Doctor? That really makes a difference.

10th. Mostly because he's the one I've watched the most, partially because David Tennant is just so cute! :3

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
My webspace's login servers are down so I can't update the .doc, but I fleshed out Earth's backstory a bit in Mobile Zayaku U Donge.

B.C. 3112: The sage Tsukuyomi and his followers emigrate to the Moon and establish  Lunarian civilization.
A.D. 0001: ?Jingle Bells? first performed.
A.D. 0002: People become sick of ?Jingle Bells.?
A.D. 1935: Earth accidentally discovers danmaku weaponry when an AWOL Moon rabbit carelessly leaves documents in Japan?s Gensokyo region.  Localized conflicts for possession of the potent technology rapidly escalate into a world war.
A.D. 1945: War ends.
  Governments of Earth unite under the One Country Coalition (1CC).
A.D. 1947: 1CC science council, anticipating spaceborne conflicts involving danmaku weapons, initiates research into next-generation, more maneuverable fighting vehicles.
A.D. 1961: 1CC scientists unveil first Mobile Zayaku prototype to the public.

A.D. 1969, July 20: First Earth-Lunarian contact initiated by Armstrong.  Transition to Eastern Century calendar.
E.C. 0001, July 24: First Earth-Moon non-aggression talks.
E.C. 0001, July 24, 2:55 p.m.: Talks break down.
E.C. 0001, October 1: Second Earth-Moon non-aggression talks.
E.C. 0001, October 1, 9:07 a.m.: Talks break down.
E.C. 0001, November 15: Lord Tsukuyomi chokes on an Earth-imported pretzel and dies.
E.C. 0001, November 19: Princess Watatsuki no Yorihime proclaims Earth part of ?Axis of Impurity,? declares war.  1CC accidentally declares war on Keith Moon before correcting itself.  Lunar War begins.
E.C. 0001, November 21: War?s first deployment of a nuclear weapon, against Moon Township, PA.  Silo operator says headquarters should?ve been more specific.
E.C. 0001, November 22: First deployment of a nuclear weapon against its intended target?Hourai City on the Moon.  1.1 million die.
E.C. 0001, December 4: First field test of Princess Watatsuki no Toyohime?s atmosphere-drain tactic.  Entire 63rd Spaceborne Division wiped out.  Civilian casualties estimated in the hundreds of thousands.
E.C. 0002, January 6: First planetside use of an atmosphere drain.  120 million die as much of the Southern United States of America is rendered airless wasteland.  Humanitarian crises are exacerbated by economic downturn as Miller Brewing Company, NASCAR and that company that makes Tazmanian Devil T-shirts all fold overnight.
E.C. 0002, February 20: Prototypes of the Moon?s first Mobile Zayaku, the TH-08 Donge, shipped out for testing.  First battle between Mobile Zayaku.
E.C. 0002, April 17: 1CC Administrator-General Rin Satsuki gets her picture taken under a ?Mission Accomplished? banner.
E.C. 0002, April 19: Rin Satsuki killed in an atmosphere drain.  1CC headquarters moved to Shanghai.
E.C. 0002, December 18: Earth launches Operation Pouring Starlight.  Moon?s Dragon King Fleet annihilated; Watatsuki no Yorihime killed.  Loss blamed largely on desertion of Donge pilot Reisen U. Inaba.
E.C. 0002, December 21: Treaty of Tsukuyomi leaked online.  However, most torrents contain Trojan horses or goatse instead.
E.C. 0002, December 25: Moon agrees to Treaty of Tsukuyomi.  Lunar War ends.
E.C. 0004: One Country Coalition forms the autonomous peacekeeping force ?Okami.?
E.C. 0007, August 14: Funding for Okami passes.  Okami begin operations.
E.C. 0007, September 18: Civil unrest begins in Sobanitsuki.
E.C. 0007, September 23: Okami drain Sobanitsuki?s atmosphere.  340,000 die.
E.C. 0008: Armed Resistance for Indigenous Autonomy (ARIA) founded in secret conference between Chang?e, Orleans Electronics representatives and 1CC senators.
E.C. 0009: Prototypes of TH-105 Donge Mk. II cleared for testing at Green Alice?s Okami base...

As far as characters go, what I'm looking at is:

Camille - Reisen II
Quattro - Watatsuki no Toyohime
Amuro - Reisen
Lalah - Watatsuki no Yorihime

Bright - Yumemi
Emma - Renko
Katz - Tewi
Henken - Komachi
Astonage - Nitori
Roberto & Apolly - Ant & Fang
Wong - Eirin
Beltorchika - Maribel

Scirocco - Yukari
Jerid - Chiyuri
Four - Meiling
Rosamia - Sakuya
Yazan - Marisa
Bask/Jamitov - Armstrong

Haman - Tenshi
Glemy - Iku

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Gunbazca

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:20 AM »
Danmaku. Danmaku never changes.

Set in Fallout 3's world. The whole world has been turned ito a nuclear wasteland as the result of the Sino-Russo-American war (sooo Generals, LOL). The border has been weakened so much, to the point that Yukari finally retracts her power from the border, and lets traffic in and out again.

This idea could be played in two ways. Either Fallout3-esque tale or someone lucks into the formerly-bordered area.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 07:16:37 AM »
E.C. 0001, November 15: Lord Tsukuyomi chokes on an Earth-imported pretzel and dies.

Hel-lo, Disgaea fan.

And that just gave me a REALLY BAD IDEA involving role-swapping (with Mokou in the place of a certain Overlord . . . or worse, his father, with a NEET replacing Baal).

However, that's not why I'm posting this.

Has anyone ever considered retelling a platformer with a Touhou character put in the main role?

And I'm not talking Reimu, Marisa, or Sanae in a Mario game, or Marisa or Alice in a Megaman [Classic] game . . .

I'm talking stuff like putting Sakuya in the middle of Braid -- somewhat uninspired, considering her having time powers and all, but the possibilities beyond that are fairly interesting -- or Mokou in MMZX -- if only because there's a lovely cast of characters for her to interact with (imagine Mokou VS Purprill for a moment if you will, or worse her against a certain Abysroid or even worse still, Leganchor*) -- or a long-forgotten character in a modern platformer.

And I just got a really bad idea involving Mima and 'Avenging Spirit'. Really bad ideas.

Still, anyone else been planning on putting Touhou characters in platformers?

* Those who've played the game know just why that'd be amusing.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

NekoInc Likes Birds

• Flying like a bird
  • BIRD.
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 08:31:14 AM »
Evil Fic:
Marisa gets a nice, say, stick through the lung. Not fatal, but a really good reminder of her mortality, especially when it ends up with Alice treating her...

Then Yukari decides to have an idea at the worst possible time, and triggers a Border of Tsundere and Yandere on poor doll queen, causing Alice to develop the bright idea of 'fixing' Marisa perfectly.

Ensuing BAD END as Marisa is tied down and modified in a rather horribly descriptive fashion into a sentient doll, each organ sliced out one by one until she is nothing more than a nice grade of plastic... And Alice, in full Yandere mode, decides to eat each one, in full view of Marisa, so that she can have that next bit of the magician's essence to help make the Doll more powerful.

That image'll give me nightmares. Please, someone, make it reality so I can scream at a Touhou fic for once. :V

---

Sillier(ish)... May as well reveal what my plans were for the Code Geass/Touhou crossover.

Summary of events shown: Lelouch (as of Episode 14 of R2) walks up to a shrine, ending up walking through what is coincidentally the Hakurei gate, and landing his ass in Gensokyo. A dealing with Remilia lets him pull off a mass subversion of fate, allowing him a chance to go back in time and save Euphemia.

Unfortunately, this also had the side effect of unleashing the Scarlet Sisters on Area 11 - only a lucky reveal that one weapon that the Black Knights had would weaken them, and the fortuitous arrival of Reimu Hakurei, saved the lives of most of the million murdered in the original timeline.

Meeting up with Reimu, Lelouch managed to end up Geassing Yukari into service with the Black Knights...

---

Big fact reveal: Geass would only work on Youkai if they wanted it to. Remilia would show this by getting Flandre to let her memories be modified by Emperor Charles L. Brittania, before the same being done to herself, with the intent of erasing any friendships with people like Reimu so that she could inflict the kind of mayhem she had long desired - and get revenge on the kid dumb enough to outwit her.

Meanwhile(?), Lelouch would find things going all too similarly - successfully pinning the blame for the unleashment of the vampires on the Empire and starting a (much better organized) attempt to capture Area 11. He also would find unusual allies in the Scarlet Devil Mansion team - turns out Sakuya's a hunter who was trying to keep Remilia benign, hoping this would break the century-based cycle her line had been stuck in. That failed, she quickly (if sadly) talks Patchouli, Koakuma, and Meiling into joining her on taking Remilia down.

Sadly, he chooses to bring Yukari instead of C.C. with him when he is forced to rescue his sister - and things really go wrong when, upon confronting Suzaku and being overpowered, Lelouch begs Yukari for help - only to be coldly told, "You told me I serve the Black Knights. That's different than serving you, dear. I can set up another Zero." She then leaves with Kallen, leaving Lelouche to his devices...

---

I wasn't sure if I would write the middle (between the end of the first season and the start of R2 - one year's time) or not, but the important thing was, the fight eventually settled down - no captures, no surrender by either side, but lines were relatively stabilized, splitting Japan into the Special Administrative Zone, the Developed Area, and the now-named Neo-Gensokyo regions among much of Japan. Every so often, one of the Knights of Round (now including both Scarlet Sisters, working under the names Remily Li Brittania and Flandre vi Brittania) would attempt to break the line, only to be held off one way or another... And it doesn't hurt that everyone was surprised by the introduction of a second Zero - who would turn out to be Eirin Yagokoro.

Lelouch, sent back to the Academy, ends up with Sakuya taking the place of Sayoko, and (for pure lulz value) Patchouli as a mysterious new instructor at Ashford Academy.

---

R2's progression would be severely screwed up by the new introductions - while we can ignore the finer details, three massive planned changes (spoiler'd):
Spoiler:
* Shirley Fenette's life is saved - right as Rolo starts slicing into the girl, and sadly right after the wounds would be fatal, his time-stopping Geass gets one-upped by actual Time Stopping. Sakuya, having developed some caring for possibly the closest person to Lelouch in the interceding year, proceeds to beat the everliving crap out of Lelouch's fake brother. Maybe one fourth of the fight actually has them trading time-stops and tricks. The resulting different injuries give Shirley more time - before she manges to get into her last words, Koakuma shows up, rapidly figuring out that the wounds are fatal, but making Shirley an offer...
* Yep, Shirley takes it, becoming a little devil so that she could have more time. From here on, Lelouch has the support... But can't escape the resulting nagging feeling that he could have saved her from this entirely.
* Suzaku's launching of FLEIYA gets aimed, rather than in an attempt to scare of Kallen, right at Yukari. Having a hint of forewarning, Yukari quickly tries to gap the bomb into empty space, but ends up hit head-on by the blast. Tens of millions of people are saved, but for two shikigami, that's a VERY small consolation...
* Lelouch, armed with better knowledge than before, manages to face his father to greater success, this time inspired not by having nothing to lose, but by having friends who deserve better...
* ... It's just too bad he forgot about Remilia, isn't it? She promptly moves her way into the throne, promising even more oppression and rapidly forcing pretty much everyone together against her. It doesn't help that Flandre, serving as a diplomat, tricks the majority of the Black Knights into turning - only Kallen ends up choosing to stay loyal to Lelouch.
* The ensuing battles end up pretty spot-for-spot - Remilia herself proves an incredible military leader, but without heroes like Cornelia or Suzaku at her side, is lacking a critical edge. It doesn't help that certain people aren't willing to kill certain others....
* Neither side ends up at a lead, until poor Nina, ignored for the entire fanfic because she's not a fun character to write, finally completes the FLEIYA canceller... Unfortunately, about the only person that could use it would be Yukari. Say, shouldn't Chen and Ran have lost their powers a while back, given that Yukari was the ultimate source of them?
* Yeah, she's alive... and Lelouche immediately panics. The wording of his Geass technically puts Yukari at the command of Remilia, as she casually explains... Fortunately, she has no particular interest in the girl ruling the world, so she's just going to ignore it, and pose an intellectual challenge to Lelouch. The FLEIYA canceller, as built this time, can only carry one person. That one person was expected to be Yukari. Yukari, however, has blessed "her favorite Earthing", such that it will work for that one person. A massive logical mindgame ensues between the Gap Queen and Lelouch, until he finally figures out that it is...
* ... Cecile. Yukari liked the Wasabi Sandwich incident's results, apparently.
* ... Nope, she was lying. It's C.C. Time for green hair big butt to go save the world, Yukari promptly teases.
* Epic final fight here, ending in Sakuya managing to knife Remilia through the heart. "I'm sorry, my lady. Perhaps next time?" "Have the tea ready." Cold finish.

Yeah, I'm a total uncreative hack. :V

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »
Still, anyone else been planning on putting Touhou characters in platformers?
Repeated runs of PCB and Chen's infernal spinning gave me a weird idea for a Sonic-style game once.

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 02:16:18 AM »
Evil Fic:
Marisa gets a nice, say, stick through the lung. Not fatal, but a really good reminder of her mortality, especially when it ends up with Alice treating her...

Then Yukari decides to have an idea at the worst possible time, and triggers a Border of Tsundere and Yandere on poor doll queen, causing Alice to develop the bright idea of 'fixing' Marisa perfectly.

Ensuing BAD END as Marisa is tied down and modified in a rather horribly descriptive fashion into a sentient doll, each organ sliced out one by one until she is nothing more than a nice grade of plastic... And Alice, in full Yandere mode, decides to eat each one, in full view of Marisa, so that she can have that next bit of the magician's essence to help make the Doll more powerful.

That image'll give me nightmares. Please, someone, make it reality so I can scream at a Touhou fic for once. :V

So I decided to start writing this, and I'm wondering how I should go about posting it.  If there wasn't anywhere in particular, I'd just put it in the "Short Story" thread with this as a headliner:
NOTICE: DO NOT GIVE INTO CURIOSITY!

I repeat DO NOT
GIVE INTO CURIOSITY!

The following presentation is not meant for the faint of heart as it will try to contain graphic details of gore and torment.  Such details will be "censored" for the forum goer's avoidance.  Observe at your own discretion.

[this notice will be repeated as necessary]

The last bit is because it'll take more than one post to showcase.  I wonder if that will work out.  Oh, and I embellished a bit.  Hope no one minds.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 04:43:38 AM »
Idea: Meiling actually gets a vacation. She returns with one of her arms replaced with the God Hand. Insanity insues. Should include Meiling fighting everyone else in Gensokyo, possibly all at once.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:14 AM »

You know, you're not the only one to have this idea. I think it would be rather amusing to see the Doctor out of his element in a place where magic actually exists, and it would be fun to see the interaction between him and the characters (face it, he probably won't leave Sakuya alone once he finds out the SDM's bigger on the inside than the outside). Also, the potential for youkai EXTERMINATION.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »
Marisa grabs The Best Sword (chinese origin: http://www.geocities.com/omnifire_x/Bu_Jing_Yun.html )

Chaos ensues as somehow Yukari opened a gap and summoned all those to the realm of Gensokyo.

Including sex toys.

PWEEEEE MORE?

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 05:22:23 AM »
You know, you're not the only one to have this idea. I think it would be rather amusing to see the Doctor out of his element in a place where magic actually exists, and it would be fun to see the interaction between him and the characters (face it, he probably won't leave Sakuya alone once he finds out the SDM's bigger on the inside than the outside). Also, the potential for youkai EXTERMINATION.

The awesome thing about both Touhou and Doctor Who is their flexibility--you can basically make shit up and it'll seem like it belongs, it's what both the franchises writers have been doing for years. That, and it's just great fun to twist around plotlines to create something off the wall. For example:

Turns out Sakuya's a Time Lord, just in hiding like the Doctor and the Master were (3rd season of the new series), with her true self stored in her little time-stopping watch thingy. But the watch was busted some time ago, and now it won't release it. The Doctor unwittingly fixes it, Sakuya cracks it open...all of a sudden, the Doc isn't so alone anymore.

Furthermore, it turns out that the Lunarians and the Time Lords never had a good relationship, mostly because of Sakuya--which is why Eirin recognized her in IN. And now that Sakuya has all the powers of a full-fledged Time Lord, Kaguya declares her a threat, Eientei marches on the SDM, and the Doc and Sakuya have to stop it before it all goes to hell.

How's that? :V

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 04:01:15 AM »
seriously thinking about it:

Reimu ups and says
"I want donations, but I got to do something to show for it."

1st annual Gensokyo Marathon is on.

Participants: Sanae, Mei Ling, Reimu

It is a tough as nails tale as we go in depth with each of the runners their emotional states and what's not as they complete a 105 Mile race across Gensokyo's plains and forgotten places, all the while battling youkai and such when available, as well as converting youkai faith.

Pacers get ready at the 40th mile, and over 24 hours.

Emotional story featuring the hardship of real life reference for marathon runners.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »
Let's see... I have two young children who Yukari brought - or rather kidnapped from the outside world, one was a black cat while the other is a fox...

Man, making fanfictions is hard when you didn't write a story for a looong time.

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 06:47:13 AM »
I made this specifically as an explanation of how danmaku battles work in my particular fan-universe, but it would probably work anywhere (assuming you wanted to have characters refer to each other as "stage 3 bosses" in perfect seriousness without breaking the fourth wall ...)

Serial ATA

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 08:58:24 AM »
Man, making fanfictions is hard when you didn't write a story for a looong time.
True, that's why I don't even bother myself writing a Touhouverse-only story. I do have a story with Touhou characters in it (most prominent being Yukari) but that falls to the crossover category, and I don't think anyone would be interested in it.

I currently am writing a one-shot Yakumo-ke's Mother's Day special as we speak. Don't know when it will be done, though.

Gunbazca

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »
For the fact that it's the glaring contact point for the two universes, i have yet to witness any fanfic centering around Ran and Naruto. I'm working on one, but it's in Indonesian, Team 9 is yet to conclude, and my thesis is looming on the horizon...

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »
I made this specifically as an explanation of how danmaku battles work in my particular fan-universe, but it would probably work anywhere (assuming you wanted to have characters refer to each other as "stage 3 bosses" in perfect seriousness without breaking the fourth wall ...)

Thanks. quite useful.

Serial ATA

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »
Forgot to check this, but thanks. Also, your stuff is awesome. I like it; keep on the good work  ;D

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 06:47:59 PM »
Medicine gets over her human-hate, and Eirin employs her as a nurse to specialize in poisons. (She can manipulate them, so she could easily remove/negate them, couldn't she?) Also Yamame, for the same kind of reasons.