Author Topic: Mugen Souls - identity crisis, the JRPG  (Read 1167 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Mugen Souls - identity crisis, the JRPG
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:25:07 AM »
<Edible> In the first few minutes of the game I have been in a concert feat. yukarin, observed the female protagonists in a bath, turned some enemies into allies by being tsundere at them, and now I am having a ship battle for some reason

Welcome to Mugen Souls, the latest effort from Compile Heart (of Neptunia fame) and published by NIS America.  You play a bored omnipotent named Chou-Chou who decides to take over the universe one day, dragging along her fanboy sidekick and her "conscience", who is supposed to be a demon but is so terrible at the job she was reincarnated as an angel.

I expect nothing good whatsoever from this game!  I will thus be sharing my thoughts and lamentations as I progress through it.  The things I do for JRPGs in English, I swear...

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Mugen Souls - identity crisis, the JRPG
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »
Well, the battle and field system is more or less like Neptunia Mk. 2's, with the added "moe kill" system that allows you to charm enemies to death.

In plot news, the main character (Chou-Chou) needed to get to another continent on a planet she was attempting to take over.  Instead of doing the sane thing like taking a boat across the ocean (or using her Spelljammer-esque space galleon) she literally told the continent she was on to move next to the other one.

This game does not take itself even remotely seriously.

Edit: Oh, also Chou-Chou has seven different forms corresponding to moe archetypes.  Just because.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:06:11 AM by Edible »