Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 115450 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Puzzle & Dragons is an iOS/Android puzzle RPG that plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium time-savers available through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because most things can be obtained/beaten without spending money and some amount of patience and skill.)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to dragons to ancient gods and even obscenely powerful magical girls who have been inserted from their source material into convoluted storylines like Sakura (above). They all mostly have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

Real talk though, the real reason to get into this game is because everyone else here is playing it and has been playing non-stop for the past 2 and a half years, and probably won't stop for a long time thanks to constant updates to the game and its mechanics, balance changes that never directly nerf anything and are mostly focused on increasing the viability of older monsters, and of course the endless addition of new monsters and collabs that are dished out on a regular basis.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database and game info here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

And a useful tool to show other people your monsters here:

https://www.padherder.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a god).  Great starters include any of the Chinese gods, Amaterasu, Isis, Verdandi, Lu Bu, Bestet, Odin, Kali, Shiva, Amaterasu, Sonia, and the Dragonbounds. Feel free to ask!

If you need more help or just want to discuss the game, we also have a P&D channel on the MotK IRC network in here. Just type your name and go.
For those using IRC clients other than webchat, the channel is #puzzleandlibrarians on irc.ppirc.net.

List of friends + Main Leaders:
Edible: 328,945,274 (BATMAN !*, Bestet*)
hyorinryu: 357,646,299 (Sakuya*, Perseus*)
Suikama: 348,941,282 (Isis*, Ra Dra*)
triangles: 322,456,235 (A. Leilan, LKali)
Chaore: 344,844,286 (Shiva*, Superman)
Yukarin: 394,177,213 (Haku*, Sakuya*)
Jq1790: 396,049,294 (AShiva, AKarin*, Sumire)
Pesco: 328,276,294 (Yomidra*, ROdin*, Xiang Mei)
Dibble: 314,673,283 (Isis, GOdin)
Matsuri: 358,689,277 (Dark Athena*, Yomi Dragon*)
The Greatest Dog: 359,184,275 (Fenrir*, Fenrir*, Raoh*)
Sacchi: 385,394,297 (Horus*, Vishnu*)
rdj: 338,277,280 (AA Lucifer*, Minerva*)
Chirei: 326,404,383 (Leilan*, Alraune*, Skuld*)
commandercool: 312,728,337 (Gabriel*, Sumire*, NepDra*)
Aoshi: 398,822,333 (School!Athena, Sakuya*)
Conqueror: 331,616,320 (DQXQ, I&I)
MoogsParfait: 313,455,268 (Leilan, Waifuterasu*)
Dorakyura: 347,957,300 (Nephthys*)
Bio: 336,681,244 (Sakuya, Athena)
En: 351,629,319 (Lu Bu, Haku)
moekou: 329,066,242 (Osiris*, Pandora)
Espadas: 301,335,377 (Yomidra*, APandora)
Calamity: 331,737,355 (Ronia, Shiva)
Mea: 380,147,382 (Myr*APandora*, ASakuya*)
aUsernameIsFineToo: 347,966,337 (A.Bastet*, Kushinadahime*, Godin)
Ruka: 368,034,352 (Sasuke, I&I Healer)
Zengar Zombolt: 309,400,409 (Sylvie*, Sumire*, APandora)
StarlightHawk: 383,095,393 (A.Venus, Skuld*, Wukong*)
qMyon: 320,092,324 (Verdandi, Saria)
Soichirou W.: 323,897,388 (Perseus*, Cauchemar*)
Namusan ♡Yomichiyu: 337,315,379 (A. DQXQ*, ShivaDra*, A. Pandora*)
Hikari: 309,703,434 (L/D Pollux*, L/R Pollux*, AI&I)
blrgh: 315,523,406 (Vishnu*, Saria)
O4rfish: 389,956,257 (Ilm*, rMinerva*)

(Asterisk next to leaders means "hypermax" ? max level, max skill level, fully awoken and +297. Glowing leaders have all five latent awakening slots full.)

Topic Archive:

Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII
Thread XIV
Thread XV
Thread XVI
Thread XVII
Thread XVIII
Thread XIX
Thread XX
Thread XXI
Thread XXII
Thread XXIII
Thread XXIV
Thread XXV
Thread XXVI
Thread XXVII
Thread XXVIII
Thread XXIX
Thread XXX
Thread XXXI
Thread XXXII
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:55:22 PM by Matsuri »

MatsuriSakuragi

so yeah like sakura's stats were announced and she can do 324x damage and give a 75% heart cross shield when paired, and her active recovers all HP, binds, awoken binds, and gives a 75% shield for a turn. Oh and she's bindproof. with double SBR, SB, and TE.

so even if she's stupid hard to use I still want her

make it happen GH NA

oh yeah and everyone else was announced too but idfc about them

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Syaoran by comparison got freaking bodied.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
so yeah like sakura's stats were announced and she can do 324x damage and give a 75% heart cross shield when paired, and her active recovers all HP, binds, awoken binds, and gives a 75% shield for a turn. Oh and she's bindproof. with double SBR, SB, and TE.

so even if she's stupid hard to use I still want her

make it happen GH NA

oh yeah and everyone else was announced too but idfc about them

What are her activation conditions? Because that's pretty much exactly Myrei but with a real active. Not that I'm complaining about Myrei being creeped already mind you, since she came pre-outclassed by Myr.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

Sakura's LS is super heart hungry.

3x for 2 heart combos, 6x for 3; 3x Atk/50% damage cut for heartcross.

So basically MyRei got dumpstered.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
So she's the unholy combination of Miru and Gadius, huh? Guess this'd be the kind of team where heart overloading actually works out.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
While it isn't impossible for sakura to get a full activation off of one board, it seems waay too easy to be oversaturated with heart orbs and accidentally connecting the cross and heal combos together. The difference is that myrei has like no skill support in getting her activation while there are plenty of heart feeders to sakura's hunger.

e: and she has a frickin sub-attribute
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:40:41 PM by Mеа »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
Myrei was already dumpstered. She was born in a dumpster. The minor upside is that if you just clear the board every turn you should more or less keep getting usable Myrei boards, which is not the case at all for Sakura.

Obviously Sakura can actually use actives as part of her plan and be consistent and shit so it's not a real tradeoff, and she can do mono-colored damage so as to actually hit as hard as you would expect from that multiplier, but it's something I guess.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
the issue is, you're devoting 11 orbs in very specific positions (and merely 3 combos) that impedes the matching of pretty much anything else. You'll be hard pressed to get any sort of row or TPA out of her full activation.

Meanwhile new Fenrir gets x324 for six colors, six combos, scales even higher, and provides enough jammers on his buffed 4 CD that you probably don't even need jammer makers as subs anymore.

/Bias

commandercool

• alter cool
I mean

the shields though.

Buff Fenrir more! Jammer cross shield!

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock

Unpopular opinion: I prefer damage absorbs to high combo shields

Jq1790

I'm with you on that one, despite the fact of how trollable for most people damage shields/absorbs can be.

commandercool

• alter cool
I might agree if not for the massive move time buff in this case. And even then I probably don't agree.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Oh hey JP got a new title screen and 3-player. That's pretty cool.
Oh, and 3-player mode is the most broken thing, too, and can be used with literally any 3 teams? Alright.

But yeah, 3-player is interesting.
You can pick a helper like singleplayer, but 2 other people randomly join you. so basically, it plays like two-player, but everyone gets a helper.
And there's currently only 2 0-stam event dungeons.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

commandercool

• alter cool
Wait, are three-player dungeons random allies only? Can you not pick who you play with?

Jq1790

It's in beta basically, so they're letting people mess with it for free with no rewards just to get a feel for things I believe.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Wait, are three-player dungeons random allies only? Can you not pick who you play with?

For now, yeah. And Friend Helpers, too.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10

HNNNNGGGGGGG
Just let me have Gaiadragon :c

commandercool

• alter cool
So I know I can't really value the combo boost awakening correctly until I've played it, but is it just me or are Rozuel and most of the Awoken Heroes kind of bad?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
It's more like

combo shields are getting really dumb recently

Rozuel gets some 2.25/49/2.25 with perfect damage control (Sopdeeeeeeet) and her active combos pretty nicely with Reincarnated Leilan (who also has 7c awakenings) to make a R/G/H board.

Awoken Heroes are weird. Not what I expected.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Oh hey JP got a new title screen and 3-player. That's pretty cool.
Oh, and 3-player mode is the most broken thing, too, and can be used with literally any 3 teams? Alright.

I dunno anymore, since you can now get banned for griefing 3P runs lol

So I know I can't really value the combo boost awakening correctly until I've played it, but is it just me or are Rozuel and most of the Awoken Heroes kind of bad?

combo boost awakening is so busted

it's hard to make use of it if you can't combo higher than 6 consistently tho.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
The other major thing is apparently Reincarnated Ascooby Doobis loves to stack 7c awakenings on his subs, so everybody gets a free 2x damage just for hitting 7 combos regardless
which is what Ascooby Doobis does

all the time

you can now get banned for griefing 3P runs lol
I never would've thought that griefing in PAD was possible, but then you showed me this and wow how far this game has gone.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

It's hella you on heroes. Though admittedly, they'll function much differently than before.

Rozzy is a tossup. It's a lower multiplier flat out for more work, and excludes her from row teams again by basis. On the other hand, she gets 2 sbr in exchange for that bit of damage which is absolutely a thing for a 'cleric'.

But Rozzy's value has always been in being a hyrbid offense cleric and i'm not sure a single lone 7c cuts the bill.

It depends on what you need, I guess.

commandercool

• alter cool
I mean, yeah a lot of the Heroes thing just comes down to the fact that I mostly run rows. If you're into prongs then they're probably pretty great.

MatsuriSakuragi

LMeta is no longer shit-tier. Dear god.
Light, no sub attribute
God/Attacker
3254/2580/203
Same active, still unbindable, with bind heal awakening. Also an autoheal, SB, SBR, TE, and Guard Break awakens.
LS: 2.5x ATK/RCV to God types, 3x for every Light Cross. So if my math is right, 2 light crosses = 506.25 with matching leaders.

Holy shit, a supportive bomb. Same active, so she has a very low cooldown, so she can pack a good Assist easily, and with 6.25x RCV you can pretty much just stall forever on what doesn't kill you. Best of all, she's got pretty great damage control. You have 6.25x atk for pinging, 56.25x for normal, reliable damage, and 506.25x for sweeping. I'm impressed.

DMeta got a split, too:
Dark, no sub attribute
God/Balanced
4530/1931/493
gains SBR, TE, and 7c awakenings
LS: No skyfalls, 1.5x all stats to Gods, 6x to Gods under 80%.

So she's kind of back to where she started with the HP conditional to an extent, but 2.25/81/2.25 is respectable and she's capable of more than glass cannon builds like she she used to be.

Metatrons are no longer garbage; I'm so proud of them ;_;

That said, I don't like PAD's new trend toward single-attribute units. It's pretty dumb.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:53:23 PM by Matsuri »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
 It's a bit confusing to me, the single-attribute issue. I guess Revos and MP dragons get to be exempt from that rule because they're on steeper EXP curves? (And the new rem dragons because their base forms have 16m exp curve, apparently their evoa don't level up at all)

commandercool

• alter cool
Did a couple of godfest pulls because blue gala.

-Third Tsubaki
-Second Kraken Rider

Bleh.

You think there's any merit in keeping three Tsubakis? Even two seems kind of tricky to find a home for.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Meanwhile, I'm on my fourth Sumire, fifth Satsuki, and second Kanna.

And a green Dragon Swordsman. That's a cool and useful active to have.

Edit:. Gaiadora descends today. I have no idea how to handle this shit :c
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:54:50 PM by The Greatest Dog »

MatsuriSakuragi

Oh, nice, we got the GUI updates with new title screen and rainbow eggs in the REM.

-Barbarossa
-some weird dark type kid with hell ball, went immediately into the grinder
-Set, same