Author Topic: Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)  (Read 284044 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (ph3 Tutorials: Backup Docs Complete!)
« Reply #390 on: June 20, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »
RaNGE 19: Moonstruck Magician v0.09 (RC-3)

I'm pleased to announce the completion of my entry for the RaNGE 19 Contest! Features a Marisa boss.

Download at Bulletforge

Please let me know if there are any issues. Some rigorous testing has hopefully ensured that the script is bug-free, but there may be residual issues remaining.

RaNGE 19: Moonstruck Magician v0.10 (RC-4)

EDIT (Jun 20): New update. This update forces the last spell to have two circles on each side, and fixes a (0, 0) spawning error. In addition, it makes Spell 3 on Hard a little harder.

RaNGE 19: Moonstruck Magician v0.11 (RC-5)

EDIT (Jun 20): Apparently the system script was still using Teiki for accessing common data, meaning that when playing the game, the high score would never be rendered. This has been fixed. This update should not break replays with v0.10 RC-4.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:34:00 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (SeitenTouji Released - see SeitenTouji AMB thread!)
« Reply #391 on: July 15, 2018, 09:47:42 PM »
RaNGE 19: Moonstruck Magician v0.12 (RC-6)

Yay contest results out; I can edit my entry now.

New download on Bulletforge fixes the menu issues found in ExPorygon's stream - namely, that I removed two difficulties but forgot to limit as such on selection (so you could scroll past the existing difficulties on the difficulty select menu) and the issue where Reisen's name in Japanese just shows up as squares (installed a font; unfortunately it increases the file size substantially).

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
ph3 Tutorials Lesson 29 (Primitives and 2D Sprite Lists) is FINALLY out. Well, the primitive portion was technically complete a month and a half ago and I just procrastinated, but hey, it's out now.

Sprite List portion has not yet been thoroughly fact-checked; please be aware that it may not be at the same standard as everything else.

https://sparen.github.io/ph3tutorials/ph3u3l29.html

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump
« Reply #393 on: March 19, 2019, 10:17:04 PM »
RaNGE 20 Contest Entry:
Seasonal Rabbit

I would now like to announce the commencement of my next standalone script, which is my entry for the RaNGE 20 Contest hosted by Trickysticks? here on MotK.

This script features my Reisen player and a Tewi Boss, acting as a 'sequel' to my RaNGE 19 entry. As April 1 is near, I am providing two difficulties for this script - one for standard play and one for more... unique play.

Since I copy-pasted SeitenTouji's system over via RaNGE 19, continues, extend systems, Spell Practice, and a number of other things are automatically built in and will be implemented.

All Release Versions
RC-3
RC-4

Video
DNHArt 137
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:59:37 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (RaNGE 20 Entry released!)
« Reply #394 on: March 28, 2019, 12:20:32 AM »
RaNGE 20: Seasonal Rabbit v0.19 (RC-3)

My entry for the RaNGE 20 Contest is now available! Featuring Tewi! And Reisen! And a light sprinkle of memes!

Comes in two flavors - Normal and Abnormal. May also contain a rare crash in Spell 008 (attempted to fix; unable to find reason why it crashed).

Note that due to the same spell spawning exceptional amounts of bullets, dawdling for too long can cause issues with Danmakufu. But that's a different story. :)

http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/range-20-seasonal-rabbit

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #395 on: April 06, 2019, 02:26:37 PM »
RaNGE 20: Seasonal Rabbit v0.20 (RC-4)

An update has arrived for my entry for the RaNGE 20 Contest!

As expected, spawning stupidly large numbers of bullets caused problems! But alas, perhaps those have now been solved!

Updates:
Potentially addressed issue where forcefully deleted bullets prior to the boss dialogue would not have their ongoing tasks terminated, resulting in those tasks continuing to fire after Danmakufu reassigned their Object IDs during Spell 4 on Abnormal difficulty. This might address the potential crash in Spell 4 on Abnormal, and should also prevent random laser explosions from the stage enemies mysteriously occurring during or after Spell 4 on Abnormal difficulty.

Download (replays from the prior version will most likely break):
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/range-20-seasonal-rabbit

(NOTE: Apparently the game saved "Spn1" as the default replay name so you'll probably have to be careful when saving replays XD)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:46:08 PM by Sparen »

« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2019, 04:24:51 AM »
Hi Sparen. I joined way back but I just had the chance to open up Danmakufu PH3 today. By code dump, you are saying we can use this to learn how to make our own scripts or implement some of the codes here for our own complete game, correct? I just want to make sure. I don't want to violate anything.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #397 on: April 20, 2019, 05:17:51 AM »
Hi Sparen. I joined way back but I just had the chance to open up Danmakufu PH3 today. By code dump, you are saying we can use this to learn how to make our own scripts or implement some of the codes here for our own complete game, correct? I just want to make sure. I don't want to violate anything.

This is my general project release thread. I use this thread for posting about my own projects as well as when I post updates to my website in regards to tools and tutorials for the community.

In terms of code reuse, most of the libraries I've released are open for reuse via a license. If you plan to use other libraries, just ask beforehand.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2019, 03:47:21 AM »
BHA 01 Contest Entry:
Elemental Shapes

I would now like to announce the commencement of my next standalone script, which is my entry for the Bullet Hell Artistry #1Contest hosted by Jean Fox on the Bullet Hell Engines discord server.

This script trashes most of the systems I typically use and opts for a simple model with no score, lives, or items. There is no package this time, so the script lacks features such as spell practice. Depending on how far I get with this, a certain someone may appear during the script...

All Release Versions
Download: Bulletforge
RC-1: Release Post

Video
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:02:17 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Bullet Hell Artistry: Elemental Shapes released!)
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2019, 03:01:27 AM »
BHA 01: Elemental Shapes v0.19 (RC-1)

The initial release of my Bullet Hell Artistry Contest entry is complete! Enjoy responsibly at https://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/bullet-hell-artistry-elemental-shapes

Warning: Contains shapes

Warning: Contains primitives

Warning: Game can will lag

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Bullet Hell Artistry: Elemental Shapes released!)
« Reply #400 on: September 07, 2019, 10:40:20 PM »
The player I made for my Bullet Hell Artistry contest entry, Eleburstyr, is now available at Bulletforge.

Features four elemental shots, with a forwards focus, wide spread, pseudo-homing, and forwards burst shot. Most have backwards firing capabilities.

Note that the bomb does no damage and that the player is not that great at certain types of bosses. Not tested on stages.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (ph3 Tutorials: Circular Lifebar complete!)
« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2019, 04:23:58 AM »
Tutorials are now being written once more thanks to some prodding by people in the Bullet Hell Engines server.

Extra Lesson 5: Circular Lifebar is now complete, providing a circular lifebar. In addition, Lesson 30 on 3D sprites and 3D backgrounds is under construction and should be complete relatively soon. Hopefully everything up to the player script tutorial will be completed in a timely manner by the end of this month.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
After a few days of devoting my heart and soul to Danmakufu's camera, joyfully located by default at (341.506348, 353.553375, 91.506348) due to Danmakufu's wonderful Elevation and Azimuth angle defaults, I am pleased to announce the completion of two new tutorials.

First, the long and messy one - Introduction to 3D Sprites and 3D Backgrounds. This one covers 3D sprites, Danmakufu's coordinate system, the 3D camera's defaults and functions, and showcases the development of two sample 3D backgrounds in Danmakufu ph3. It contains SVG visualizations, two Danmakanvas examples for showcasing weird math, and Yukkuris.

Second, the short and unfortunate one - Utilizing the Log Window and Debug Functions. The fact that this tutorial is so short is reflective of Danmakufu's rather... lacking built-in capabilities for debugging.

Both of these are new tutorials and may have errors. They may undergo changes and upgrades over the coming days and weeks, so please be aware that the contents may not be final.

If there are any bugs, please let me know on Discord by PM'ing me, @mentioning me in LOCAA/F&C/BHE/Bulletforge, or posting a bug report/discussion in my Discord server.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (ph3 Tutorials: Virtual Keys, Dialogue Systems!)
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2019, 09:14:20 PM »
These have been out for a few days and nobody has complained yet, so here they are:

First, Virtual Keys and Input Tutorial in Danmakufu!

Second, using this tutorial as a base, Dialogue Systems in Danmakufu!

Now everyone can have a basic 0.12m style dialogue event system :3

As always, these tutorials are new and may have problems. Please let me know if there are any by PM'img, me @mentioning me in LOCAA/F&C/BHE/Bulletforge Discord servers, or by posting a bug report/discussion in my Discord server.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2019, 03:35:58 AM »
I guess it's time to formally announce my Danmaku Design guides!

Find them here

These guides are intended to cover danmaku design from a higher perspective and provide insight into designing good patterns. Note that the content here is naturally subjective.

The guides are, like my ph3 tutorials, a work in progress. Currently there aren't many but I will eventually make progress on them. Note that they are not bound to any language or framework in particular, though the most natural audience will be from the Danmakufu community.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #405 on: February 14, 2020, 01:28:33 AM »
With the end of MotK approaching, I'll close off this thread by announcing all of the locations where my work can be found and where I can (currently) be contacted.

My Discord Server (usually empty but people are still welcome to join): http://discord.gg/vXpr7Mw
My Website (ph3 function reference, ph3 tutorials, Danmakufu design studio, utilities, software recommendations): https://sparen.github.io

I am (as usual) staff on the LOCAA Discord, and am present in the Bulletforge, Fangames & Chill, Bullet Hell Engines, Unreal World of Mugenri, and Danmaku Artist Nightclub discord servers.

I've been preparing for the day MotK went down for good for years now.
RaNGE Contest backups: https://sparen.github.io/projects/contest/contestlocalbackup.html
[NOTE: Only opening posts were backed up. I might go and back up placement/rank announcements but it's a terribly messy job and there's no good way to keep the formatting, images, emoji, etc]

Backups of the content of this thread and my other release threads (Note: content parity not established; some things just don't work outside of the forum structure): https://sparen.github.io/projects/projects.html

Danmakufu Wiki will still be available via the Wayback Machine after it goes down; otherwise my function reference covers part of what was on the Wiki. Unfortunately there's just too much stuff floating around and too little time/energy, so I don't know how much more I will back up

And that's that. See you on Discord/YouTube.