Author Topic: [Request] Need someone to make a logo/some art for my Touhou radio show  (Read 3807 times)

OverCoat

• Don't think. Feel, and you'll be tanasinn.
    • OverCoat Music
So as you can see from my signature, I have this radio show I do every week called Touhou Tuesday. Hieda no Akyuu is the show's mascot, as she is a fan of FM Synthesis music, records Gensokyo's history, and is also totally adorable. The image I have in my signature now doesn't have author permission to be used however I need it to be. I might want to put a logo on some t-shirts or stickers later :)

What I'd need is someone to do a simple, clean illustration of Akyuu that I can use for logo purposes, incorporating Akyuu doing something like listening to a radio, headphones, what have you, as well as a nice little logo for the show. Maybe "Touhou Tuesday" in Kanji?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:45:39 AM by OverCoat »

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
Would traditional art scanned and edited in Photoshop be fine? I might be able to help if so.
I don't own a tablet    :ohdear:

pineyappled

Except fixed, cleaned, colored, and de-zombiehanded?

OverCoat

• OverCoat Music
oh wow I have art already? damn you guys work fast :D

SuperParadox yes.

Kinoko that looks cute :D I will confer with TrueStar.

pineyappled

oh god colored the .sai file is 33 mb :getdown:

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Heh, that's nothing compared to a few PSDs I have done before :V

I had ideas for this, but seems Piney has beaten me already, hehe.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

pineyappled

Do it! I don't think you've ever posted your drawings around here before.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Decided I might as well give it a go, so have this.  Obviously it'd be worked on in some sort of image editing program(Probably Flash since it's the closest I have to Photoshop), but yeah. 

Also I realize I didn't add detail to Akyuu's eyes.  That would naturally be rectified when doing edits, etc.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

OverCoat

• OverCoat Music
TrueStar and I agree that Kinoko's drawing has the most potential. We'd like to go with that for now, and work with you as far as cleaning the image up/finetuning it? Jq1790 your picture is cute too but the quality of work isn't quite at where we need, even for a rough sketch. Thank you for trying and offering your art though, you're quite welcome to finish anyway, it might turn out okay when done.

Thanks to everyone else for their enthusiasm as well, I'm happy to have so much interest in our radio show :D

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
Ah! I've been beaten to it x2!  :V

Sick as a dog suddenly, but while in bed I did sketch up this if you're still accepting artwork
(sorry for the bad quality, god knows where my scanners power cord went)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: [Request] Need someone to make a logo/some art for my Touhou radio show
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »
Do it! I don't think you've ever posted your drawings around here before.
...good point, I barely even upload my stuff to start with. :<

Without further ado, here's a draft version, done in Paint.NET using tablet and mouse. So this became an experiment with 'drawing with tablets exclusively' (I'm more of a paper-pencil type), 'smoother hair'  (still sucks IMO, but eh), and 'clever tool usage'.

[attach=1]

I really need to spend a few days uploading illustrations and a few composition drafts.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

OverCoat

• OverCoat Music
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 05:11:39 AM »
Even more art?!  :getdown: I'm kinda flattered that so many people are eager to draw.

I'm gonna have to open up an album on the facebook page and post everyone's pictures as fanart! Well, when you guys are finished with them.  :yukkuri:

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:15:47 AM »
We're flattered that any of you would take the time to draw something Akyuu related for Touhou Tuesday.  The invitation to draw Touhou Tuesday related art is always open.  We'll post finished art on our Facebook page so that everyone can check it out and enjoy. :)

If you have a piece of finished art that you'd like to share, go ahead and send it to touhoutuesday(at)gmail(dot)com.