Author Topic: Freeware Games Mk. II  (Read 1294 times)

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
Freeware Games Mk. II
« on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:24 PM »
There was an old thread, but it died after 4 posts. Here're some freeware games I know of:

Share/discuss.

Re: Freeware Games Mk. II
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
Chorensha 68k - Very good vertical shmup with awesome FM music. Author's website.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »
-Hero Core: A Metroid-esque shmup game. It's very fun, but also very hard.
-Knytt Stories: Another platformer with Metroidvania elements. Collect items and explore the levels, including tones of user-made ones.
-Deadly Rooms of Death- Architect's Edition: A remade, free version of the original DRoD released years ago during the Windows 3.1 (I think?) era. Includes a level editor and tons of devious puzzles.
-I Wanna Be The Shrine Maiden 2: A Touhou-themed version of IWBTG, which may or may not be harder than the aforementioned game.
-Armed Generator Doom Machine: A shmup similar to Warning Forever. Keep shooting floating, heavily-armed brains until you can't shoot any more.
-Bricks: A sliding block game. Oh sure, it seems simple at first, but the puzzles are fiendishly hard, and the forum DOES NOT offer solutions. Have fun!
-RunMan: Race Around The World: A fun, speed-based platformer where your goal is to get to the finish line as fast as you can!

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
x.x's games are really good shooting games. Especially Eden's Aegis and Blue Wish Resurrection. Eden's Edge is also worth a try.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »
OpenTTD: A remake of the old business-management game Transport Tycoon.
Iji: An action-adventure platformer with numerous gameplay and storyline paths.
Merry Gear Solid: Secret Santa and Merry Gear Solid 2: Ghosts of Christmas Past: Christmas-themed parodies of the MGS series.
Dwarf Fortress: Create a colony in a surprisingly detailed simulation of a fantasy world. Expect hilarity to ensue.

Fossil Goo

• UZUMAKI POKEMON
  • OMUNAITO
    • Doodle Blog I have
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:24:18 PM »
Lyle in Cube Sector: Extremely fun metroidvania-esque 8-bit platformer with a delightfully demented cast of enemies. Fairly short, but definitely worth a playthough if you like games like Cave Story or Metroid.

Darkside Adventures (and a bunch of other stuff): I haven't played any of the games on this page other than Darkside Adventures. Darkside Adventures is another fun, silly platformer with a bizarre setting and cast of characters. Not too long either, but there's a lot of stuff to collect, as well as a hidden bonus stage that can change the ending when beaten.

Legend of Princess and Chalk, both made by the same dude who happens to be my fave indie game artist. Legend of Princess is a fast-paced one-stage action game spoofing Legend of Zelda, and Chalk is a fun little game where you drift about as some little girl while avoiding hazards and enemies by drawing lines to link things together or bounce away projectiles. Both good fun.

Also though it isn't freeware, Noitu Love 2 has my highest regards and is something you should buy if you love action games.

Eversion: A generic, cute, 8-bit platformer where you jump on things and solve puzzles to collect gems. However, underneath this exterior lies an unbelievably dark underbelly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:29:36 PM by Shadow Goo »