Author Topic: Touhou 14 - 東方輝針城 ~ Double Dealing Character (Demo)  (Read 433169 times)

Re: Touhou 14 - 東方輝針城 ~ Double Dealing Character (Demo)
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »
Oh i get it, then ZUN will sell touhou franchise to DANGOYA (the one who made Kekkai Gensou Rokukyou Mythical Mirror).

For the new era of Touhou
God Reimu can manipulate the boundaries anywhere (like Yukari`s ability), light energy shape-shifting ability and Spell card mixer.
Angel Marisa can control 10 mini-hakero flying around and her master spark is much bigger than ever, also her magic ability is similar to Sariel and Gengetsu.
Future Sakuya is a vampire hunter, her knives can shoot lasers while flying like funnels, if she can`t control her knives properly, it may explode in impact.
Future Youmu wears a high school uniform, she is a sword collector, she can summon 100,000 swords (Just like Gates of Babylon from Fate anime series).
Future Sanae is so casual and her new spellcards is all about Christian bible references.

Everytime they kill every single Youkai, Dead youkai will be reborn into human again, Good youkai will be sent to Gensokyo while Bad youkai will be killed.
Generic enemies are no longer small fairies, Walking Onis and Generic random small youkai will become the new generic enemies.
The final destination of their journey will be Kyoto, the place were indestructible overpowered Youkai live.

Konngara, Fake Amaterasu and Lilith will be the last final boss for the new era of touhou.
That is a very detailed story about the next era.
And Sakuya already tried to hunt vampires, but got defeated, hence why she is a maid of Remilia Scarlet. Isn't that right?
In my opinion, I hope ZUN gives the Touhou series to someone that is capable of coding like ZUN himself.
Currently a normal player

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »
<snip>

ZUN's been offered to sell Touhou before, and he's always said he never will. I doubt having a wife or kids would change that; he makes enough with his regular job.

It sounds like you should be writing your own fanfiction rather than saying that anyone would ever do any of these things officially.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou 14 - Double Dealing Character (Demo)
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »
Also, Sakuya The Vampire Hunter is old fanon that pre-dates TVT and was likely thought up by Buffy fans from ff.net.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #483 on: July 06, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
Also, Sakuya The Vampire Hunter is old fanon that pre-dates TVT and was likely thought up by Buffy fans from ff.net.
Canon speculation, if it's possible, since Akyuu mentioned it in pmiss.

I found this fanmade theme well-made. Obviously a joke, but other than that quite catchy as well as trying to mimic the music style of ddc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyh8r0aPnJA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For the game, the oni theory is something I would like to see, considering the 4th deva has yet to be revealed (in case Kasen is one).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:25:40 PM by Darkness1 »

Tengukami

« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2013, 10:25:22 PM »
Canon speculation, if it's possible, since Akyuu mentioned it in pmiss.
And by "mention" you mean "guesses, pulling the speculation out of thin air with nothing to back it up". If anything it's less reliable than some fanon, which might use evidence to back up their claims.

Either way this thread is turning into all kinds of stupid. Not really in a rule-breaking kind of way, but come on already. Between the Walfas and the truly dumb Christian Touhou speculation and bad slash going on here, I'm really, really inclined to say, "SO, hey, about that Touhou 14, huh?"

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2013, 05:41:17 AM »
What are these speculations? HERESY is what I say!  :getdown: Burn the heretics!

Anyway, I doubt ZUN will stop with Touhou anytime soon, it's his life project pretty much ever since he went to college. His own dreamworld he can share with the rest of the world. He will probably keep working on it until he has a late midlife crisis or turns 60, at which point he won't even sell the franchise but just stop it. And we - We will be the founding fathers of his religion (if Touhou isn't religion already that is)!

About the difficulty - I agree with Tengukami, there will be another difficulty spike in stage 4. There always has been. Suddenly fairies crowd the area heavily and POCing gets impossible without using bombs, stage bosses get really unpredictable or complex spell cards and require micromanagement. In the end you will again end up with 1 life and 2 bombs at the last boss and die on his last spell. That's how it always goes. It wouldn't be Touhou, if it was different.

« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2013, 08:59:13 AM »
In the end you will again end up with 1 life and 2 bombs at the last boss and die on his last spell.
:wat:

For the game, the oni theory is something I would like to see, considering the 4th deva has yet to be revealed (in case Kasen is one).
I don't think the 4th deva would be revealed so soon. Probably would be a while after WaHH ends.
Anyway, what do you think the 4th deva would be? Since we have Suika and Yuugi as the drunken sake-loving onis, then contrasted by Kasen as a hermit, I think it would be a bit weird returning to the drunken sake-loving oni again...My guess is that she didn't remain in Former Hell and kept working as a kishin in New Hell.

On a sidenote, I recently played Ayakashi Ghost Guild and it feels weird how in that game Shuten-doji is the mature and elegant lady of war while Ibaraki-doji is the childish underling...what a 180 from their Touhou counterparts.

« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »
Touhou 12 had names like Shou, Byakuren, Ichirin which I found easy to remember because they had less two letter syllables. Shou. I-chi-rin. Bya-ku-ren.
Then Touhou 13 got names like Mononobe, Toyosatomimi which I find harder to remember. Each syllable basically consisted of two letters. Mo-no-no-be. To-yo-sa-to-mi-mi.

This is kind of late, but why are you comparing surnames to given names? Miko and Futo are of course two syllables each and really easy to remember. Probably easier than Byakuren which still annoys me to type every single time. And somehow I don't think you were intending to complain about Kamishirasawa or Yagokoro or other older characters with long surnames.

About the difficulty - I agree with Tengukami, there will be another difficulty spike in stage 4. There always has been. Suddenly fairies crowd the area heavily and POCing gets impossible without using bombs, stage bosses get really unpredictable or complex spell cards and require micromanagement. In the end you will again end up with 1 life and 2 bombs at the last boss and die on his last spell. That's how it always goes. It wouldn't be Touhou, if it was different.

TD stage 4 was pretty easy, wasn't it? It always felt like a stage 3 to me.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #488 on: July 10, 2013, 03:39:46 PM »
TD stage 4 was pretty easy, wasn't it? It always felt like a stage 3 to me.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

Plenty of people would argue UFO Stage 4 was a difficulty drop as well, not a spike. Honestly, given how inconsistent ZUN is at balancing stage difficulties across entire games, there really isn't much stock in claiming DDC Stage 4 will "definitely" be harder than Stage 3. As long as at least one stage in the second half is harder than Stage 3, however, I might let other easier stages slide.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Tengukami

« Reply #489 on: July 10, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »
Oh, yeah, for the record I made no claims about Stage 4's in general, though they usually are the Fuck You stage. Rather, I was saying the resource shower in the first 3 stages of DDC -hints- at a spike to come. But even that is uncertain.

« Reply #490 on: July 10, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
I'm not complaining about the names. And I keep forgetting which of Miko's and Futo's names comes first. Because in Mononobe no Futo, I always just take the first word in the name and think it's the given name. Same with Miko.

About Touhou 14...
I never seemed to get that much resources so I don't know about the resource showering. I personally think it will get much harder because the first three stage are always a warm-up to the actual game.

And UFO was actually easy to me. I found it as easy as TD. Am I the only one? I got to stage 5 in UFO with 3 lives on normal, but I can't even 1cc TD on normal. I always die on stage 5 and 6...
Currently a normal player

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »
Yeah, I should probably clarify that my opinions on difficulty come from someone who's pretty much exclusively a Lunatic player. Obviously the order of games will shift on other modes.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #492 on: July 11, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »
And I keep forgetting which of Miko's and Futo's names comes first.

l2 japanese name order.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »
1 month left for the release, time flies :V
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

« Reply #494 on: July 12, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
I'm not complaining about the names. And I keep forgetting which of Miko's and Futo's names comes first. Because in Mononobe no Futo, I always just take the first word in the name and think it's the given name. Same with Miko.

Fujiwara no Mokou, Hieda no Akyuu. You just get used to it.

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #495 on: July 12, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »
Fujiwara no Mokou, Hieda no Akyuu. You just get used to it.

Watatsuki no Toyohime/Yorihime. Reisen Udongein Inaba (Not hard, but I think is the longest one)
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #496 on: July 12, 2013, 01:51:24 PM »
Kamishirasawa was the hardest to remember for me, but now I can spell it no problem. Toyosatomimi was easy, though, since it's essentially three simple words I somehow knew by then.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #497 on: July 12, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
The only one I ever even sometimes choke on these days is Kitashirakawa.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #498 on: July 14, 2013, 09:56:42 PM »
I don't recall this being asked before, so I'll ask now:
Is there a reason the "妖器" in Dark Spark is listed as "??" on the wiki, aside from having more than a few meanings? I can see why it would be left as that in the case a precise title can't be decided upon, although there are rather different, multiple translations for other spell cards as well, such as Orreries Universe's title being either Ritualic Space or Astronomical Instrument.

EDIT: ...Odd, it's apparently translated (as "Bewitched Weapon") in the translation page for the game, but not on the character profiles for all three of Reimu, Marisa and Sakuya.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:14:27 PM by Kwr32 »

« Reply #499 on: July 14, 2013, 10:21:44 PM »
I tend to translate 妖 into "evil" instead of bewitched. So, I would have called that Evil Weapon - Dark Spark or something.

Tengukami

« Reply #500 on: July 15, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »
Wouldn't "bewitched" make more sense, considering the whole story behind the game so far, i.e., that the weapons have been "possessed" and whatnot? 

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #501 on: July 15, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
Random question, but was the release date ever confirmed?

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #502 on: July 15, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
Yes, the release date is August 12 if I remember right.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #503 on: July 15, 2013, 07:49:21 PM »
I know it was estimated to be August 12th but I don't think it's been ~confirmed~ last I checked. So that's what I'm asking.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #504 on: July 15, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
It's in August, I think it's someday between 12-15th.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #505 on: July 15, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
So it's within a month, then.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #506 on: July 15, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
Knowing usual Touhou release dates, it's most likely going to be released sometime during Comiket 84. So the 10th, 11th, or 12th of August.
And yeah, that's within a month. Get hype! ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #507 on: July 17, 2013, 05:43:48 PM »
I have a theory on Stage 4 boss.

It's either Marisa (when using Reimu), Sakuya (when using Marisa) or Reimu (when using Sakuya), or a boss whose spells are different regarding which character you're playing as (like Marine Benefit's Stage 4 boss, Extra midboss and Extra boss).

« Reply #508 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »
What would actually be really cool is if the boss you face depends on whether you're using a possessed weapon or not. For example, ReimuA could fight an unpossessed Marisa, ReimuB fights a possessed Sakuya, MarisaA meets unpossessed Sakuya, MarisaB gets possessed Reimu etc. 6 unique battles (or 3 unique battles with two variations each) might be a bit much on ZUN's part, and a new character instead would also be great, but I'm still fond of this idea - and we could maybe get remixes of Eastern Mystical Love Consultation and Casket of Star and Doll of Misery!
Lunatic 1ccs: MoF (ReimuB)

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #509 on: July 17, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
I have a theory on Stage 4 boss.

It's either Marisa (when using Reimu), Sakuya (when using Marisa) or Reimu (when using Sakuya), or a boss whose spells are different regarding which character you're playing as (like Marine Benefit's Stage 4 boss, Extra midboss and Extra boss).
It would certainly be interesting to have one of the later bosses to kinda use attacks based on what corrupted weapon you use. Then if you don't use a corrupted weapon, the boss would have to, maybe use her own corrupted weapons/powers?

In that case each character would have one shottype with unique spellcards for the boss and one shottype with shared spellcards.
It wouldn't be that interesting really to fight Reimu/Marisa again as a boss, especially as a 4th one since it has happened so many times before. Sakuya, well, would be okay imo but I would still rather see another existing character appear again (see PC98 / barely appearing Windows character) or just an entirely new one.