Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 143244 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary
« Reply #720 on: August 13, 2018, 12:25:49 PM »
I definitely feel like the grind for part 2 is worse because of how the bonus servants are spread out compared to part 1.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #721 on: August 15, 2018, 05:45:51 AM »
So... I bought a JP Quartz account right after the 3rd Anniversary stream because all the goodies being given away were just too good to ignore. Rolling with over 800 quartz and 50 tickets for just $9 is satisfying as fuck. Decent luck with servants and I managed to get 1 of each Summer Servant so far and 400 quartz left for Part 2. I'm treating the JP account as more casual, but I have obviously fooled myself because mass grinding 1/2 AP Dailies and then Summer #3 is anything but casual.

But I'm happy to report that I beat the Grand Battle with no CS used. Battle spoilers:

Spoiler:
This battle is way too hard for new accounts never mind newbies who want a permanent Jalter welfare. I tested the waters, failing the mission twice to see the gimmicks and then ran a battle plan that amazingly worked out first try with some good luck.

Party Composition, First break bar down, Second break bar down, Victory
[nsfw]https://imgur.com/a/r4Z4j6g[/nsfw]

Spoiler:
Necromancy procced twice for Jalter which was amazing where she helped eat hits along with her dodge. She has been one of my crutches this Summer even if she dies a lot. BUT... if I had her Dodge maxed to lvl 10 and she has lvl 80 HP stats (or even lvl 90, I will probably grail her), she would be even more amazing. Consider that I'm farming with Summer servants and not using Waver or more dedicated supports and 1/1/1 NP 1, I probably haven't even hit 40% of her potential. IMO, she is within Kintoki Rider's tier for sure and she will solidly help me work through the Story Singularities as I continue with them.

Thank you Ruler Martha support. She is perfect for this fight.

Random thoughts:

David is so amazing for his Harp. The best newbie skill in the game on a 3* deserves so much praise.

Saber Lancelot is so baller. With a 50% NP CE and 30% NP Charge as his first skill, he's so close to NP on Turn 1 and can still do good card damage in general. I hope to get him on NA soon.

King Hassan and Musashi are as amazing to use as their repuation precedes them. And I'm not even utilitizng them with Merlin, guess that's the power of Buster Gorillas. I was not as impressed with Hijikata as I would have hoped, but it's hard to say I'm using him well without proper support. MHXA has the best animations and Hokusai has the cutest voices and expressions. Jeanne Archer is so ridiculous gameplay wise, but her costumes and expressions are top tier.

Raikou Lancer is so busted. Holy shit.

Finally, the JP friends I've got have far fewer maxed skills than I expected. I don't really have any super whale friends and it's possible that most of them are not Day 1 players. But the thought occured to me that when NA gets to this content in 2 years, by comparison, NA players will be far stronger on average. Being able to see the future and properly allocate their resources along with getting certain QoL features quicker will do that to a playerbase.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:03:35 AM by Kiro »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #722 on: August 15, 2018, 06:36:53 AM »
Well, the beach is now closed. 

Now we have... 1/2 AP for Training Ground Dailies.

?

The only thing those things are good for are gems.  And I'd rather stockpile my QP atm thank you very much.

Sooo~...  Any hints as to the next Event yet?

« Reply #723 on: August 15, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »
Sooo~...  Any hints as to the next Event yet?
Probably Prisma Causeway by next week.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #724 on: August 16, 2018, 04:43:54 AM »
Aw pants, I accidentally broke my login streak.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #725 on: August 16, 2018, 03:35:22 PM »

This acc's topsy-turvy luck is really getting to me. First it's lucky, then it's...somewhat good(?) luck in a bad way.

Srz, a 5*, but becomes Mordred. Will I ever get my gyaru? BB's the only sakuraface I ever liked asides Melt.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #726 on: August 16, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »

This acc's topsy-turvy luck is really getting to me. First it's lucky, then it's...somewhat good(?) luck in a bad way.

Srz, a 5*, but becomes Mordred. Will I ever get my gyaru? BB's the only sakuraface I ever liked asides Melt.

At least you ain't me and did 42 rolls with nothing to show for it. I mean, seriously, I've gone 100 rolls without a 4-star here - getting into statistical edge-case territory.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #727 on: August 16, 2018, 05:40:50 PM »
Purvis your account seems to be infected with thots
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

« Reply #728 on: August 17, 2018, 01:53:33 AM »
I am seething in jealousy. I've been trying to get Saber Mordred for years! (complaining following, don't read if you don't want to see Sect branded kvetching)
Spoiler:
Also BB is my absolute least favorite Sakuraface, and in competition for my most hated Fate character. Sieg is in the lead of that competition.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #729 on: August 17, 2018, 07:05:23 PM »
Illya collabo starts Aug.23. Become meguca, Illya.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #730 on: August 23, 2018, 05:35:08 AM »
Illya or the Queen of Thots, who should I aim for...

« Reply #731 on: August 23, 2018, 07:12:57 AM »
Seems like they've broken Nox again, after a few months of it running just fine without any outside help, so as I have not replaced my broken phone yet I may be unable to participate in the event.  :colonveeplusalpha:

If I end up missing the event completely that's probably going to kill my motivation to keep playing tbh...  :( If anyone by chance has any idea of an alternate solution for the time being, it'd be super appreciated.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #732 on: August 23, 2018, 08:53:30 AM »
I case you didn't realize already, the Magical Ruby CE also works with Astolfo.

« Reply #733 on: August 23, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »
1 ten-roll, no Illya but happy to get one of every event CE, Helena and Medea Lily. :)

Seems like they've broken Nox again, after a few months of it running just fine without any outside help, so as I have not replaced my broken phone yet I may be unable to participate in the event.  :colonveeplusalpha:

If I end up missing the event completely that's probably going to kill my motivation to keep playing tbh...  :( If anyone by chance has any idea of an alternate solution for the time being, it'd be super appreciated.
Well, just check fate grand order reddit and hope that someone finds one.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:20:48 PM by ditt93 »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #734 on: August 23, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »
This event is reminding me that I've been putting off watching the anime and that it's been on my list for a long while. ;>;

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #735 on: August 23, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »
In the end I was able to borrow a phone from a relative, so thankfully I won't have to miss the event. Still a bit troubling that they are keeping up with this no emulators thing, but I can live with it for now.

No Illya (yet? still hoping) but so far I'm really enjoying this one. Nice music, and it feels somewhat relaxed compared to the previous event. I might be able to clear the shop fully this time? Not sure on that yet.

« Reply #736 on: August 24, 2018, 01:31:57 AM »
In the end I was able to borrow a phone from a relative, so thankfully I won't have to miss the event. Still a bit troubling that they are keeping up with this no emulators thing, but I can live with it for now.

No Illya (yet? still hoping) but so far I'm really enjoying this one. Nice music, and it feels somewhat relaxed compared to the previous event. I might be able to clear the shop fully this time? Not sure on that yet.
https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/99sntm/fix_for_nox_users/try this if you need to.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #737 on: August 24, 2018, 07:26:44 AM »
I case you didn't realize already, the Magical Ruby CE also works with Astolfo.
I believe it also works for d'Eon, too.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #738 on: August 24, 2018, 03:27:53 PM »
If anyone needs me to change my support line up, feel free to message me.

« Reply #739 on: August 24, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/99sntm/fix_for_nox_users/try this if you need to.
What a strange workaround, but it actually works perfectly. I can't imagine why, but I'll chalk it up to some kind of witchcraft.

Anywho, still no Illya, so my hopes of bringing the whole family together are slowly dropping! But I got one copy of each CE from the gacha, so I am satisfied with that, anything more is just a nice bonus on top.

Rather than fighting the last boss head on, I'm opting for just forcing 50 crit stars and feeding them to two LAlters for a quick cheesy one turn win.  :derp: Trying to play around with someone who spams evades and NP charges is just silly

Edit: (small note down here, so as not to be too distracting) However, I should note that some time between the time I read that last night, and just now, the above Reddit post was removed by moderators, which has unfortunate implications. For anyone who is/was in the same boat as me regarding being unable to play, this is what was written.
I'm bad in English, so thanks to /u/twinbladeDxD for detailed and understandable description of the method tested by me and several people.
"Go to the settings, scroll down to System settings and click on "Date & Time".
Change the year to 2020 then open up NA F/GO, click no when the clear cache pops up. An error message will pop up, press retry and do not exit the app. Use the "Recent Task" button in the bottom right corner and go back to Settings.
Change the year back to 2018 then head straight back to F/GO. Click retry and it should hopefully work."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:45:09 PM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #740 on: August 27, 2018, 02:24:15 AM »
MLB or not to MLB Kaleid Ruby (and Sapphire), that is the question.

Really, should I MLB either one of these?

« Reply #741 on: August 27, 2018, 02:37:06 AM »
MLB or not to MLB Kaleid Ruby (and Sapphire), that is the question.

Really, should I MLB either one of these?
IMO anyways, I think you should probably MLB them both, unless you really need multiple copies for your preferred party setup. It's a pretty noticeable jump in damage if you MLB it, and you'll typically do better for this event with one main damage role plus supports, instead of spreading out too much.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #742 on: August 27, 2018, 04:20:59 AM »
Burnt my paltry quartz reserves on impulse and ended up reuniting the Einzbern sisters against all odds. Now, when can I get Kerry so the whole family's here? Might be a bit hard if it's only on paid banners, since buying quartz over here's gonna require quite a bit of finagling if it's even possible at all, not to mention the fact that I still don't have an income yet. ;_;

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #743 on: August 27, 2018, 06:24:20 AM »
Kerry's not a limited Servant; so literally any banner where male Assassins are available will work.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #744 on: August 27, 2018, 07:07:46 AM »
Ah, okay. So my "best" chances would be during Assassin rate-up banners?

« Reply #745 on: August 27, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »
Ah, okay. So my "best" chances would be during Assassin rate-up banners?
Well, there is 10M DL to pick it if you failed.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #746 on: August 28, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »
In the Prisma Codes event, I'm experiencing a bug - the quest list will show a bunch of quests that all say they're "completed" and "Can be claimed", except the rewards are all 100 QP, and the bar that fills up as you complete the quest is completely gray.

Attemping to claim one of these quests causes an error, with the error code "99-1535483974".

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #747 on: August 29, 2018, 03:58:07 AM »
In the Prisma Codes event, I'm experiencing a bug - the quest list will show a bunch of quests that all say they're "completed" and "Can be claimed", except the rewards are all 100 QP, and the bar that fills up as you complete the quest is completely gray.

Attemping to claim one of these quests causes an error, with the error code "99-1535483974".
Update: the bug is fixed, they'll be sending on a gold apple later with their regrets.

Move eternally forward,

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #748 on: August 30, 2018, 06:09:34 AM »
Welp, Did 100 out of 100 missinos and took care of the 100 mission quest (through use of a command spell). With enough ember farming, Chloe will have all the magical energy she'll ever want be maxed out for levels and ascensions before too long (NP already maxed, too).

Now to clean out the shop entirely.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #749 on: August 30, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
Wow, that was fast. How many apples did it take?