Author Topic: ELSWORD (OB Starts 0:00 PST, 3:00 EST April 27th!)  (Read 129038 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: ELSWORD (OB Starts 0:00 PST, 3:00 EST April 27th!)
« Reply #510 on: May 10, 2011, 03:16:06 AM »
Well, to bring up an example, I would get a quest to kill a certain amount of enemies in the underground tunnel. The moment I do that, I would try to complete the quest, but it said that in order to do that, the dungeon had to be completed or I had to leave it. After completing, I would get a quest to kill Banthus, something I already did the first time around. I'll test if I still have this problem, it may need to wait until after APs though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #511 on: May 10, 2011, 03:19:16 AM »
Lol... Ok yeah, mmo 101: you don't get credit for doing stuff as requested in a quest until you do it AFTER obtaining a quest. Better get used to it, virtually every mmo is like this, and it's seeping into other genres as well.

It's normal to have to run the same dungeon multiple times for this.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #512 on: May 10, 2011, 03:22:57 AM »
Ok. I was just making sure that I wasn't anything I missed. Just to make sure, there's no way to obtain the quest in the middle of a dungeon, right?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:54 AM »
Ok. I was just making sure that I wasn't anything I missed. Just to make sure, there's no way to obtain the quest in the middle of a dungeon, right?

As far as I know, correct.

I'm bored so Imma mention my elsword record holders for various topics, feel free to add your own

Most annoying enemy:
1: nasod miners, they always jump at the worst time, they have near instant attacks, and their attacks are extremely unpredictable, oh, and they randomly activate super armor at annoying times.
Once, I've had one miraculously jump over a phoenix shot despite being on the same level of ground as me, WTF!?
2: berserk lizardman shaman, they have some rather annoying instant cast fireballs that can nail you, even as they are getting up from a knockdown.
3: armadillos, too short to be hit by some attacks, and can easily leap over most with their annoying jump bash attack. Their defend action also wastes time

Most annoying traps:
1: flame geysers! Enemies stand on them like glue, and they seem to activate randomly. They smoke and sputter alot making you think it may or may not activate soon, but all visual queues regarding it's activity are simply distractions, it CAN go off any time, and it WILL go off right as you foolishly choose to melle the enemy off.
2: steam vents, not annoying or unpredictable in itself, but on the occasion when enemies stand on it, getting them off proves time consuming
3: falling rocks,

Best bgm:
1: white mist swamp
2: tutorial stage
3: nothing comes to mind

Most fun bosses:
1: Wally 9th
2: double lizard warriors
3: dark lizardman warrior

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 10:05:05 AM by Ghaleon »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2011, 08:50:13 PM »
I was looking at the promotion costume, and I noticed that there's a time limit on it. Does this mean I'll lose them at point.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
If we're gonna do these type of lists, then I'll do a Korean-Server based one.

@Most Annoying Enemies

3rd: Elite Gullito Shielders - By themselves they aren't a problem and are actually good for getting some MP, but they often come in groups, unlike their "normal" counterparts. And that's where they get annoying, they can barely do damage, but while I'm in the front hitting them other enemies are behind them, preparing to hit me. Even if I jump over them, Elite Gullito Lancers and Elite Gullito Archers have anti-air attacks.

2nd: Hamel's Mermaids - They have 2 attacks, the first one hurts and inflicts triple ice and the second one inflicts Severe Hypothermia, both statuses are annoying and both attacks are unpredictable, and when they die, they explode, and the explosion freezes you. Urgh.

1st: Hamel's Lance-throwing thingies - They are annoying because they have a very good range with their attacks, they seem to have perfect accuracy, and they can create a field around them that increases their defenses (And all monsters that enter the field) fourfold. They tend to come in packs as well.

@Best BGM
3rd: Velder 6th Boss Theme
2nd: King Nasod's Boss Theme
1st: Barud's Boss Theme

@Most Annoying Bosses

3rd: Hamel's 1st - I can summarize his annoying-ness in two words: "Soul Linker". It's an attack that deals no damage, but severely drops your movement speed and jump speed (He's faster than you!) and the only way to get it off is to get as far away from hi as possible, not only that, all of his attacks hurt, he can create timed-bombs that you never know when they'll explode, as some times they explode in order, sometimes all at once. His ultimate hurts a lot AND is unpredictable, and he has a (LITERALLY) undodgable attack that hits anywhere.

2nd: Dark Nephirim (Velder 6th) - Seriously? Go fetch the slut, fido >_>''. You gotta run from him 'till you reach the gate, all of his attacks are predictable until then, but then? You try to combo him, and then he uses that annoying 3-hitter attack that deals 24k damage and there's no way to avoid, because you'll be comboing him by then, and if you don't combo him, you can't kill him, and he'll slowly bring your HP down with his other attacks.

1st Place: Barud/Berd/Bereth/Berth (Peyita 6th) - DIE ASSHOLE. JUST DIE! He's immunne to level 3 skills (As in, he roars if you use them, the Roar hurts a lot and gives him invul. frames), one of his most common attacks inflict Severe Hypothermia, all of his other attacks are hard to predict and are pretty fast, his jump attack hits hard, is unpredictable, and the hit-frames stay until the end of the animation, by which he's already comboing you. Let's not get even started on his ultimate, not only does it hit hard, it has poor vertical range and infinite horizontal range. The catch? He jumps away from you before using it, and you never know if he's at the same level as you, under you, or above you, so yes, 1/3 chance says you're getting hit, or even better, his AI is pretty good for predicting WHERE to go, so I'd say 70% of chances you're going to get hit.

Too lazy to do anything else.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
If we're gonna do these type of lists, then I'll do a Korean-Server based one.

Looking forward to seeing those new ones myself in NA when they release it.

If and when you feel unlazy, what would you consider the top Xs in NA? (everything up to 3-6 is released, X-1 and X-2 are not, along with everything else without a 1-3).

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »
You mean what are the worst/hardest/most annoying missions in the game? Well.

Considering equal-level and decent equipment, Altera 5th, because it can get pretty tough on hard/very hard, what's with the factories. Alera Core on Very Hard, as it is just TOO DAMN LONG. I'd say Peyita 4th, because if you don't know about the boss, you're fucked. Peyita 5th and 6th, because the bosses are complete whores (5th, "Cuttersark", is pretty hard to hit and fast,  already told you guys about barud,) and peyita 6th you gotta fight all minibosses from peyita (Let's see, that would be the High Gullito Magician, whose attacks cause curse, which lowers MP, High Gullito Archer, which is pretty much Ezio Alditore and Altair from Assasin's Creed + Bow, and his attacks poison. And the High Gullito... Hammerer? Dunno, but in P5 he's easy and abusable, not so much on 6th, he is rather fast, but thankfully doesn't hit very hard.).

Then, Velder, pertty much the entirety of Velder, with the only exception beyond Velder 2nd, and only if you're a Rune Slayer (PHOENIX TALON SPAM FOR THE FUCKING WIN), with very, VERY special emphasis on the last three, Velder 4th is unpredictable, can easily put you on fire, summons freaking dolls, and can enter a "rampage" mode, that makes him 5x faster for roughly a minute. Velder 5th is annoying, what's up with all of these pits and dragon-spam? And the gooddamned boss, he just has a 3-hit attack that barely deals damage, and a "trap" attack that stops your movement, but there are "portals" that appear on the field, if they stay alive for long enough, they create a dark field, the boss will enter the field, and unleash attacks that come from exactly where you are standing, hit about 4 times for 11k damage each, and the accurse "Black Hole", which has infinite-range and has about 5x the suction power from Eve's "Generate Black Hole", it hits you for 5k damage for about 40 times, and ends in an explosion for about 40k damage, the math says 240k damage, and he loves to spam it. I've told you guys about the Dark Nephirim.

As for Hamel, can't say much about it, as I've only played Hamel 1, but Hamel 3 seems to be annoying as the boss seems to multiply.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »
So...Big Bang skins huh?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #519 on: May 21, 2011, 07:18:50 AM »
I assume none of the guildies have a problem if I join another guild with my tertiary alt? I'm thinking about joining elofficer if they'll take me because that community seems helpful and knowledgable, I think I can learn some stuff from them while playing and hopefully it'll benefit our own guild if I do >=). Anybody speak up if you think that's a problem, otherwise I'll join em in a few days or so with my Elsword alt (whom I expect to not play very much once new content gets released again >=P ).