Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347903 times)

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #1200 on: August 14, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
I have been wondering about this. Does she actually have one wing or is it just a fancy cape? From her sprites animations, it looks more like a cape waving in the wind than a flapping wing and her artwork doesn't really make it much more clear.
Do Kishin have singular wings in folklore as the quote implies? I can't really find any images.

One of her spell card is called 「片翼の白鷲」, which roughly translates to "One-winged Grey Heron", and that refers to the Japanese mythology of Grey Heron who is a messenger that delivers the message from gods.  So this character's appearance is from the Grey Heron, but the background and her ability is from Ame no Sagume, which is the greater form of Amanozaku.

« Reply #1201 on: August 14, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »
Hmm, looks like tastes differ quite a bit here. I personally preferred DDC over this game. Anyway, looking at Sagumes profile picture I noticed that there seems to be something like a speaker build into her bow. Maybe she speaks through that whenever she's not talking about anything important so her ability doesn't screw up her everyday life.

Also, it just occurred to me that this game seems to be the first Touhou Windows main game without any sort of midboss-only character.

Edit: Is it just me or could Sagumes wing actually be her hair?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:50:34 PM by CrystalCreation »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #1202 on: August 14, 2015, 03:44:51 PM »
>EG wins TI5
>Zun releases American Touhou

Puppey's literally next level strat

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #1203 on: August 14, 2015, 03:53:18 PM »
I like to think
Spoiler:
Clownpiece
just found the american flag on the moon and decided to turn it into clothes
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:56:51 PM by Helepolis »

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #1204 on: August 14, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
Idle thoughts about the revealed story bits:
Spoiler:
- Junko vs Chang'e seems like a rehash of Mokou vs Kaguya, i.e., ordinary being turns extraordinary due to loss of family and extenuating circumstances (in)directly caused by the other, becomes pure and a force aligned with fire (sun), and seeks unbridled vengeance on a lunar maiden, who is tainted with kegare due to consuming the Elixir of Immortality, and is imprisoned in a cage of purity, shunned by her people.
- Clownpiece: *dances*    Lunarians: *scream*

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1205 on: August 14, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »
Finally could enjoy this masterpiece, so here are my two cents.

The music isn't half bad, actually. Some themes will probably grow on me, like stage 5 and final boss ones. For characters, stage 4 and final bosses are nothing special (though that was a good way to troll people with the silhouette), but stage 5 and extra bosses are extremely cute. And not because of the things people already associate with them - I don't care about those at all, and still took an instant liking to them. Now it's tme to look forward to the story details.

Also, it just occurred to me that this game seems to be the first Touhou Windows main game without any sort of midboss-only character.

*TH12 cast looks sternly*

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #1206 on: August 14, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
Anyone know the solution to the "forced to move to one side" glitch?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1207 on: August 14, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »
Anyone know the solution to the "forced to move to one side" glitch?

Using USB keyboard, by chance?

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1208 on: August 14, 2015, 04:06:43 PM »
Finally could enjoy this masterpiece, so here are my two cents.

The music isn't half bad, actually. Some themes will probably grow on me, like stage 5 and final boss ones. For characters, stage 4 and final bosses are nothing special (though that was a good way to troll people with the silhouette), but stage 5 and extra bosses are extremely cute. And not because of the things people already associate with them - I don't care about those at all, and still took an instant liking to them. Now it's tme to look forward to the story details.

Touhou 14 sort of doesn't have a mid-boss only character too, because the mid-boss versions of the Tsukumo Sisters both have chances of being stage bosses.

Using USB keyboard, by chance?
No, I'm using a wired one, and this has been around since Touhou 13.  I asked about this here before, and it is apparently a known issue.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:08:15 PM by game2011 »

« Reply #1209 on: August 14, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »
Idk about lunatic, but on normal Sanae just destroys stage 4 boss. Two of spellcards can be captured simply by standing in front of the boss shooting unfocused (I think 3 power is required, with 4 some familiars may slip right from behind). Nonspells are also much easier with a few unfocused shots destroying familiars.

« Reply #1210 on: August 14, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »
A lot of patterns feel like they were placeholders that were supposed to be replaced with real patterns later on but ZUN apparently ran out of time.
The final boss fires tons of patterns that are just bland rings of bullets, which is the first thing you learn to code in Danmakufu.

Yeesh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he was getting lazy with his bullet patterns on the Stage 6 Boss.
At first I was thinking that he was going back to his PC-98 style for this boss since I noticed a lot of them had fast moving bullets with small gaps, but as I progressed I felt most of her Spell Cards really lacked character. It got real painful once I got to the pixel perfect LRLR dodge Spell Card. Her last spell wasn't really impressive for the final boss either --
Spoiler:
literally just a bunch of different colored bullets that fly everywhere without a specific pattern
. I'd probably enjoy it a little more if I knew what the name was so I could draw the connection, but alas, I don't know Japanese. The only one I actually liked (but it was still a pain to capture) was the
Spoiler:
huge laser flower upon bullet collision with the screen edge... her third card, I think

Fighting ----- made me wanna cry. Her vertical scrolling laser attacks were hell. Her star danmaku made me feel fat with my huge hitbox. The entire fight makes me want to just shrivel up into a raisin and fall into a road coated with wet cement. sdfsdgsgdsdfsdgsdgsdf
... I do like her character and danmaku patterns though.

I started the Extra stage, got to the boss, died, then jumped on the "screw this I'll do it later" wagon.

As a typical 1CC Normal, I don't think I've ever been so exhausted after playing a single run through a Touhou game.
I'm stupid for spending 2+ hours capping all the cards on Normal Pointdevice.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:57:18 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #1211 on: August 14, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »
Well, there is Nues orb form which gets introduced in someone elses stage to play the role of the midboss. She just later turns out to be the extra boss. But I guess the description ?midboss-only? might have been a bit inaccurate here.

Touhou 14 sort of doesn't have a mid-boss only character too, because the mid-boss versions of the Tsukumo Sisters both have chances of being stage bosses.
One of the two is always midboss-only in one playthrough.

My original point was that every game had at least one stage where the midboss isn?t the boss. But not here in LoLK.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #1212 on: August 14, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »
Hmm. The patterns may seem a bit bland, but there are a few surprises as well.
Spoiler:
Bullets suddenly becoming EFFIN' LAZORS is hilarious. And how about stage 5 boss having TWO survival spellcards? What an outrage!

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #1213 on: August 14, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
Also,
Spoiler:
The stage 5 boss is harder than the stage 6 boss. Just, what. Junko's first nonspell was micrododging, while Clownpiece had cheapshots with lasers in her nonspells.
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

« Reply #1214 on: August 14, 2015, 04:38:42 PM »
If we are talking about rushed patterns, only stage 6 feels off. Stages 4, 5 and extra, on the other hand, are very good.

P.S. Is it just me, or
Spoiler:
stage 5 second card - first non-survival - is bugged? It feels like small stars have much larger hitbox then they should.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #1215 on: August 14, 2015, 04:41:22 PM »
I like to think --- just found the american flag on the moon and decided to turn it into clothes
The flag was on earth during the 3 fairies manga, though.

Cirno on stage 1?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:57:28 PM by Helepolis »

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1216 on: August 14, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »
One of the two is always midboss-only in one playthrough.
But they both have chances of being stage bosses anyway.

Cirno on stage 1?
To be fair, Cirno appeared in a past game as a boss.  What I said holds true if you count only new characters.

« Reply #1217 on: August 14, 2015, 05:03:55 PM »
HertzDevil delivers a tasty stage 6 boss theme remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iad4sDM3FQ

kevin1127

• 古明地こいし is cute and beautiful!!
« Reply #1218 on: August 14, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »
It's reasonable that --- has a very simple and boring bullet pattern because of her ability.
Her spellcards in extra stage tell you straightforward she doesn't care about complicated bullets,  she just wants to kill you.

Anyway, overall the game is awesome. ZUN is getting better and better in making game.
Music is good. --- and --- themes are awesome. Sagume's is okay. Not decided on ----
Plot is probably the best so far. It amazed me that ZUN combined Eastern mythology and Western's into one story.
Characters are good. The only downfall is design is kind of weird, but I still love them.
I don't really care about gameplay because my skill sucks, so I can't give any comment about that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:58:20 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #1219 on: August 14, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »
But they both have chances of being stage bosses anyway.
Now we?re just arguing over definitions here. There is one role for the boss and one for the midboss. It?s just who takes which role is not predefined. To me that counts as one of them being only a midboss. I could understand if it doesn?t to you though.

The flag was on earth during the 3 fairies manga, though.
I still think the flag on the moon is what inspired --- design. Stage 5 is based around the moon itself in its natural, uninhabited form. If one had to design a character based on ?something you encounter on the moon? then there aren?t a lot of options since the moon is just a space rock with not a whole lot on it ?except for that flag, even if it?s already gone in Touhou cannon.

Also, on my end changing the resolution glitches out the game and playing in full screen causes lag sometimes and makes the bullet sprites really pixelated.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:57:51 PM by Helepolis »

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
« Reply #1220 on: August 14, 2015, 05:33:44 PM »
P.S. Is it just me, or
Spoiler:
stage 5 second card - first non-survival - is bugged? It feels like small stars have much larger hitbox then they should.

Oh I thought I was the only that felt that way, the stars always cheapshotted me on the last phase, what a nightmare.

---- danmaku is circles, circles and more circles, which is kinda dissapointing, I miss Zun's fancy danmaku patterns.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:58:27 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #1221 on: August 14, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
surprised that people don't seem as enthusiastic about the game as i expected. Even my friends feel a little disappointed with it.  Maybe because it reminds me of SA so much is why i like it.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #1222 on: August 14, 2015, 05:41:52 PM »
I played the game on normal, shouldn't have take Reisen. I used too much bombs so when I was fighting - - - , I grew tired of retrying and retrying to clear a patern.
So I played the easy mode and took Reimu in legacy mode, have been able to 1CC the game.
I'll try again the pointdevice mode with reimu(Or Sanae, will decide later about that)

Can't play the extra stage. It crashes my computer just after the first spellcard, so I can't make an opinion about the boss.

As for the themes, I really like the stage 4, the background, soundtrack and all, it have this "pure feeling". And for the boss OMG instant like, already, favorite boss 4 character, okay, 'nuff said. Outfit, personnality, theme . . . her attacks were weak though.(even on normal)

As for the last boss . . . she seems unfinished. I can't believe how her paterns are simply made. Yes she's not that easy, but that's all, it's not that impressive, Compared to the two last final bosses, I feel like she's behind. Even the patern don't feel like "final". I really like her design though, she seems like the "Diva" of touhou. I really like the stage theme, it's one of the most beautiful stage 6 theme for me. As for the boss theme, it's really well done but I'll have to listen more to like it.

--- is really hard and do a job of a fifth boss, being a pain in the ass. But I don't like what she looks like, not because it doesn't suit touhou(I love Renko's outfit for exemple), but because I don't like the style. And I hate the clowns.(Not scared, but HATE)

For the extra boss, well now, I have thinked of many things. So she is the godess of hell, right ? Well it's a surprise to me. I thought that since EoSD, gods have only a simple role, I mean, they weren't the "god of a land". They were god of wind or things like that you know. I thought touhou would work like that now.(since the 98 era have been quasi "erased" from the main serie, so the rules and chars of 98 aren't important anymore). But the existence of this character says the opposite.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:58:43 PM by Helepolis »

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1223 on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »
No, I'm using a wired one, and this has been around since Touhou 13.  I asked about this here before, and it is apparently a known issue.
Oh wait, I mistook what you said as a wireless keyboard...  Yes, I am using a USB keyboard.

« Reply #1224 on: August 14, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »
IIRC a possible fix for the keyboard direction glitch is to go into custom exe and check the box with the word "DirectInput".
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1225 on: August 14, 2015, 05:46:51 PM »
Now we?re just arguing over definitions here. There is one role for the boss and one for the midboss. It?s just who takes which role is not predefined. To me that counts as one of them being only a midboss. I could understand if it doesn?t to you though.
To me, who you fight as the stage boss depending on your shot type counts as neither of them being mid-boss only characters.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #1226 on: August 14, 2015, 05:49:52 PM »
I'm in absolute love with the music. Last boss' theme is so majestic. I love it with all of my heart.
Story also rocks! I love the characters and their designs. Especially stage five boss. She is sooo cute!
...but the patterns look hard. Really, really hard. And I saw them on normal. I'm afraid of watching them on lunatic...
I have a dreadful feeling in my stomach that this game'll give me harder time than any other...
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #1227 on: August 14, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
It's reasonable that  - - - has a very simple and boring bullet pattern because of her ability.
Her spellcards in extra stage tell you straightforward she doesn't care about complicated bullets,  she just wants to kill you.

That doesn't really justify bad design though.
A lot of Cave patterns prioritize killing the player over looking pretty as well but that doesn't stop them from being really well designed and fun to dodge.

Also I uploaded my Legacy Lunatic 1cc.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:58:51 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #1228 on: August 14, 2015, 06:01:22 PM »
That doesn't really justify bad design though.
A lot of Cave patterns prioritize killing the player over looking pretty as well but that doesn't stop them from being really well designed and fun to dodge.

Also I uploaded my Legacy Lunatic 1cc.
okay come on man how is futari ultra any fun to dodge

graze milking is pretty fun on the bosses. i imagine hard and lunatic must be hilarious. Even crazier than DDC.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #1229 on: August 14, 2015, 06:03:20 PM »
For the extra boss, well now, I have thinked of many things. So she is the godess of hell, right ? Well it's a surprise to me. I thought that since EoSD, gods have only a simple role, I mean, they weren't the "god of a land". They were god of wind or things like that you know. I thought touhou would work like that now.(since the 98 era have been quasi "erased" from the main serie, so the rules and chars of 98 aren't important anymore). But the existence of this character says the opposite.

She's a greek goddess.  Comparing her to Japanese gods is possibly like comparing a lizard to a cat.

I've been getting the feeling since DDC or possibly even MoF that ZUN's running out of Japanese youkai and now Japanese gods (at least, ones he wants to make into Touhou chars)...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:06:00 PM by Tiamat »