Author Topic: Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light: The Fabulous Disco  (Read 2760 times)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light: The Fabulous Disco
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:54:37 AM »
The square dancing in the first half is boring.

This DS game is about four Heroes of Light (there are four of them and they are Heroes of Light!) who go out and
save the world!

It is a fun game, but not listening to all the NPCs and not paying attention gets harsh very quickly. Other that that, crowns are interesting, but there's a set of crowns that make the game so much easier (which may make it not as fun to play since you're plowing through everything and such).

If you need help, post here (because seriously I have no one else to talk to about this game).
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light: The Fabulous Disco
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 02:32:58 AM »
How does a head of lettuce play this game?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 02:37:45 AM »
How does a head of lettuce play this game?
It can dance if it wants to, but if their friends don't want to, well they're no friends of it.

Also, you will learn to love the Black Mage crown. It is a fantastic crown and its upgrades just sweeten the deal. Just remember to give it to someone who is actually good with it.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:38 AM »
-Swing your partner Round and Round,
-Don't forget; store what you found.
-Fall under a curse, head 'cross the terrain.
-Whoever's got Yunita, Ditch her again.

This DS game is about four Heroes of Light (there are four of them and they are Heroes of Light!) who go out and
save the world!
I thought it was about 4 people of various adventuring aptitude who attempt to cope with the harshness of reality after the stupidity of their King caused him to forgo the town's only defense after making what was an idiotic pact in the first place, but hey, I'm just guessing from what a few NPCs said within the first ten minutes of the game, so I don't know anything.

theshirn

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »
Huzzah, curses!  And now you have no town.

Fighting battles to heal before the second boss was just slightly counter-intuitive, and the lack of targeting annoys me.  But we shall see.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »
I thought it was about 4 people of various adventuring aptitude who attempt to cope with the harshness of reality after the stupidity of their King caused him to forgo the town's only defense after making what was an idiotic pact in the first place, but hey, I'm just guessing from what a few NPCs said within the first ten minutes of the game, so I don't know anything.
Spoiler:
In the second half, you discover that this game is not Dragon Quest IX. In more ways than one.
Horie dorie~

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »
God damn, Salve-maker is incredibly broken.
"So we have a class that can use items for no AP cost, and we plan on giving them a skill that essentially amounts to no cost healing. What rank should we put this skill?"
"First rank! That way every party mix up can use it as soon as you find it!"

Rank 2 Skill: (Free) healing for EVERYONE for the ap cost of a cure spell.
Rank 3 Skill: (Free) Hurting for an enemy for huge damage.
Rank 4 Skill: Temporary level up (They must have just given up thinking of more broken skills and just threw that in.)

And a One in every five turn loss does not make for a very convincing counterbalance.

It really throws sand in the face of the limited inventory system. The idea of which is to limit your usage of items because Items are (Suppose to be) overpowered, and generally reserved as a last resort because of their power and temporary use.

Not that use of the Item Shop Minigame + Merchant's rank 3 skill isn't already a win button in itself.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:37:40 AM »
It's even more broken when you figure out that Hi-Ether counts as a recovery item and therefore you could spam it on any one party member you like. You can't use it with Healthcare, but it's still very good.

Not that use of the Item Shop Minigame + Merchant's rank 3 skill isn't already a win button in itself.
I'm up to ~740,000, but I'm playing the maingame like I did last time (Hero, Black Mage, Elementalist, and Salve-Maker, which is a very good party setup in itself). When I'm playing the bonus postgame towers, however, all bets are off.
Horie dorie~

theshirn

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 07:09:09 AM »
So yeah...seeing as I'm not planning on wasting large numbers of gems on worthless upgrades, what's a good party to shoot for?  I'm guessing Jusqua and Aire are better as casters and the other two as physicals, or maybe it doesn't matter that much?

halp

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »
So yeah...seeing as I'm not planning on wasting large numbers of gems on worthless upgrades, what's a good party to shoot for?  I'm guessing Jusqua and Aire are better as casters and the other two as physicals, or maybe it doesn't matter that much?

Brandt: Anything you like. Merchant is best.
Jusqua: Black Mage.
Yunita: Anything you like. Elementalist is best.
Aire: White Mage. If you have adequate items, go for Salve-Maker.

Elixir (999 HP to all members and cures all ailments except for Curse and Death) is Healthcare compatible.

When I'm playing the bonus postgame towers, however, all bets are off.
Yeaaaaaahhhhh, no. When you're fighting the final boss, you better be going 100% or you're going to die. A lot.
Horie dorie~