Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...  (Read 322953 times)

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when...
« Reply #1020 on: September 19, 2009, 03:23:00 AM »
Suwako. Do it. You know you want to.

I'm thinking about making Shiki's hat or Keine's hat, but I doubt I can make either one (Keine's doesn't look to hard. The only thing I'm confused about is what to make it out of.). But if I can't come up with anything before Monday, it's probably gonna be Suwako.

Edit: Alright, I just looked through my closet and found a hat that I can use if I need to make Suwako's hat. It's a bit bent up, but I'm sure I can fix it. All I need to do is get the brim to bend downwards, take this piece of fabric off the side, and add googly eyes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:38:10 AM by Scooter1000 »

« Reply #1021 on: September 19, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you're watching Yu-gi-oh 5D's (Yes, I like that show) episode 62 and Godwin summons Sun Dragon Enti and you instantly think of those things that spawn on Byakuren's back. Seriously, what are those? Flowers? Dragon Heads?

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #1022 on: September 19, 2009, 02:10:47 PM »
You're addicted when the routines you march in for band reminds you of touhou attacks (specifically, the one we did this week reminded me of Danmaku Chimera and Nazrin's nonspell)

Bananamatic

« Reply #1023 on: September 19, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
When I hear "philosophy", the first thing I think of is Koishi's survival spell. :V
Same for "genetics".

« Reply #1024 on: September 19, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you're watching Yu-gi-oh 5D's (Yes, I like that show) episode 62 and Godwin summons Sun Dragon Enti and you instantly think of those things that spawn on Byakuren's back.

Surely you were too busy wondering WTF just happened when he synchro'd two 2000+ ATK monsters on his opening turn and still had two cards to set after that had all happened? It was one of the most stupid things I'd seen in any YuGiOh series.

Oh, and you *are* watching the subs, right?  ;)
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #1025 on: September 20, 2009, 06:56:36 AM »
When you watch Kamen Rider Double and think immediately of Eirin.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #1026 on: September 20, 2009, 07:05:59 AM »
When 90% of your danbooru faves and commented pics involve one touhou character.....
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #1027 on: September 20, 2009, 07:12:26 AM »
When 90% of your danbooru faves and commented pics involve one touhou character.....

That doesn't necessarily apply as much to Touhou as to Remilia. ;)

When you read the Bible and can't help to compare Jesus to Byakuren. >_<

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #1028 on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:24 AM »
Maybe i should specify that i get up every morning, to a proxy since danbooru is blocked on my school's network, go to the dan to look up new things of said character. Every morning, while i'm brushin my teeth.  lol

Also addicted when you have the plushies on your bed and sleep near em every night.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1029 on: September 20, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »
You only sleep near them? >: Not addicted enough.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #1030 on: September 20, 2009, 01:13:26 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you're watching Yu-gi-oh 5D's (Yes, I like that show) episode 62 and Godwin summons Sun Dragon Enti and you instantly think of those things that spawn on Byakuren's back.

Surely you were too busy wondering WTF just happened when he synchro'd two 2000+ ATK monsters on his opening turn and still had two cards to set after that had all happened? It was one of the most stupid things I'd seen in any YuGiOh series.

Course I'm watching the subs. I watched the first dubbed episode of 5D's and I couldn't believe how shitty it was. Also, no- the fact that Godwin syncroed twice in his first turn and had 2 cards to set isn't bullshit- it's actually easy to keep track of how many cards he used.

« Reply #1031 on: September 20, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »

Course I'm watching the subs. I watched the first dubbed episode of 5D's and I couldn't believe how shitty it was. Also, no- the fact that Godwin syncroed twice in his first turn and had 2 cards to set isn't bullshit- it's actually easy to keep track of how many cards he used.

I know. His hand was the Sun Priest, the insect tuner, the stone statue, the dark tuner and the two cards he set, which was his opening 5 + his first draw. What I meant was that it was a ridiculously good hand. And then he had that "lol prevent your damage, get two sacrifice guys and get my Earthbound God from my deck" card, which goes to prove that YuGiOh *still* has no R&D department in the future.  ;D

Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #1032 on: September 20, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »

I know. His hand was the Sun Priest, the insect tuner, the stone statue, the dark tuner and the two cards he set, which was his opening 5 + his first draw. What I meant was that it was a ridiculously good hand. And then he had that "lol prevent your damage, get two sacrifice guys and get my Earthbound God from my deck" card, which goes to prove that YuGiOh *still* has no R&D department in the future.  ;D

The worst part? People often pull worse things out IRL. HELLO, DARK ARMED DRAGON + STARDUST DRAGON.

Don't get me started on Goyo, either.

Meanwhile, you know you're addicted to Touhou when you look at a nifty card like Snowman Eater and think, "Cirno might use this in a deck." (Hell, it has 1900 DEF and acts like Maneater, why would she not?)

You're even more addicted when you seriously consider making a topic somewhere on the boards to brainstorm YGO decks for Touhou characters, and for others to possibly join in. (My only problem: where to put it? This neck of the woods or Akyu's Arcade?)

EDIT: And when you begin to want to scream at Firefox because of all the pretty red lines under every. Single. Character's. Name. Tips on how to turn off Spellchecker?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:55:26 PM by M. Burusu »
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

« Reply #1033 on: September 20, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
Right click said name, click Add to Dictionary.

« Reply #1034 on: September 21, 2009, 12:14:39 AM »

That's Yu-gi-oh in a nutshell. Main villain gets awesome hand, duel starts even, main character starts losing, main character draws awesome card and wins. I still like it though. The funny thing is that even with all of Godwin's overpowered cards- HE STILL LOST. I mean, did getting all 5 dragon birthmarks even help at all? There was no sign of him getting help from the crimson dragon at all. Y_Y

You know you're addicted to Touhou when you want to get a job at 14 to pay for a better computer to play Touhou with no frame skip rate. I tried to turn off my frame skip rate with UFO and SA and it LOOKS SO CLEAR. The awful thing was, this 7 year old 512mb ram machine won't play the damn game at 60 FPS unless the frame skip rate is 1/2 or 1/3. God damn it.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #1035 on: September 21, 2009, 07:31:32 AM »
Well, I was looking at the new questions on Akinator and happened to notice this.

I then burst out laughing on the spot.

« Reply #1036 on: September 21, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
Well, I was looking at the new questions on Akinator and happened to notice this.

I then burst out laughing on the spot.
No, that's burst-out-laughing-worthy even if you aren't addicted to Touhou.

However, I was playing Akinator and humming Byakuren's theme because I was thinking of her. (To "is she blonde" I put "partially" ;)). My humming got to the bit around 0:59-ish just as her picture appeared on the screen. :3
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:49:51 PM by KimikoMuffin »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1037 on: September 21, 2009, 04:54:13 PM »

That's "If you see it, you will shit bricks" worthy.

I'm sitting at my desk job at the university, and that made me 'pfft.' pretty loudly. Embarassing.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #1038 on: September 22, 2009, 12:30:28 AM »
When you read a manga and see a character named Touhou, you immediately wonder why he isn't Japanese and female.  And a lot younger.

Darn yaoi inducing Chinese characters.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #1039 on: September 22, 2009, 12:43:49 AM »
I ate a peach today, soley because I thought of Tenshi.
I don't even LIKE peaches,
Wotters gonna' wot

Sean

• The Disturbed Leader of Four Against Nature
« Reply #1040 on: September 22, 2009, 01:21:16 AM »
The first thing to get its own subfolder in my once horribly unorganized games folder was Touhou.

Second addiction sign. Writing a paper for English, I almost wrote Mrs. Cirno for the Teacher's name. I'm still trying to figure out how that worked considering that's not even that close to her name.
This Signature only existed in my mind.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #1041 on: September 22, 2009, 01:23:54 AM »
While waiting for a psychology class review session to start, I sat in front of a door that had "Caution, Radioactive Materials" on a yellow sign, complete with the ☢ sign on it.

... I will never be able to unhear those klaxons, will I?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #1042 on: September 22, 2009, 02:28:39 AM »
I don't WANT to unhear those klaxons~

One of the rooms of my university's science building has the original, "Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!" printed and taped tot he door. I want to replace it with the Nitori version...

Drake

« Reply #1043 on: September 22, 2009, 02:34:06 AM »
Ten bucks says nobody would notice for a week.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #1044 on: September 22, 2009, 02:35:16 AM »
...Now I really wanna try it... I'll have to check for cameras in that hallway, but if there aren't any... Heh.

Shinki~san

• There is no way my goddess of Makai...
  • can be this cute~
« Reply #1045 on: September 22, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
You wake up to a Touhou song.
You find your computer is on the whole night playing that song because you like it so much.
You hate that song now because it now plays in your head automatically.
Then, you go into the shower and unconsciously begin to hymn to that tune.
lurking

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #1046 on: September 22, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »
on the school announcements, they mentioned something about A Murder is Announced, and then said "Who Done It" when they were done.

i about had a heart attack

« Reply #1047 on: September 22, 2009, 03:42:01 PM »
"Who Done It"
I have that stuck in my head now. Awesome!

Onozuka Nikuyokura

• Powdered Sugar-Loli of Frosty Goodness
  • I'mma catch me an Iku Fish.
    • AWBW Forums
« Reply #1048 on: September 22, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
You buy a brand spanking new EHDD big enough so you can fit only the lossless quality OSTs on it.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #1049 on: September 22, 2009, 09:55:25 PM »
During a test today in biology, it listed compounds as Unknown 1,2,3 etc. Of course I thought of Unknown X. :x