Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225670 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2013, 06:15:58 AM »
Alright, it works fine for both of those bosses in the debug room after trying a few times each, so I think everything's good.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2013, 06:17:47 AM »
How many times did you try in there? That might let me know if it actually does work (with the common events on, sometimes it'll let you pass, or it'll instant game over you after 1 attempt, 2 attempts, or 3 attempts. It's really weird how they work right now...).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
Update Patch 1.105: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hxzdy49cdp7ycd0/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.105.rar

*Fixes the HP/MP +% bugs and most of the Equipment Abilities bugs. Nitori's equipment stuff (things that give her Mirror Items, Chemist, etc.) is not in right now due to not being usable at the current time.
*The game now has a game clock. It should appear in the main menu above the money counter.
*Meiling and Momiji now has access to the Provoke skill, which will force a monster to attack them. It can be used on 2 separate monsters to draw their attention, but if both Meiling and Momiji uses Provoke on the same monster, whoever used it last will be the one targeted by the monster.
*Fixes an error with the first Mima fight due to forgetting to add a script in.
*Fixes a silly oversight where Sakuya's Time Stop allowed the player to run from any fight, including boss fights. The same with Mystia's Dischord ability, though hers is easier to handle...

Hopefully there isn't anything TOO majorly wrong here...this should fix some of the problems at least...

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:07 PM »
There's something wrong with that new patch, the game freezes when I try to open any save. However, starting a new game / entering the debug room does not freeze up the game.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
Seems it's the game clock plugin that's causing the issues. For anyone who wants to fix this for now and resume their current save files, please do the following:

*Remove "game_clock.dll" from your DynPlugins folder.
*In DynRPG.ini, open it up in Notepad and remove the coding for "game_clock".

Make sure you have a backup for these files, just in case. Then check your game and see and if it'll allow you to run your save file.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 08:55:36 PM »
"Delete your SaveXX.dyn file for that save. It's some kind of bug, where every time you add a new dynrpg plugin, this happens. I had the same issue & made a little plugin that auto-deletes them on exiting the game since I wasn't using them for anything."

Apparently, you'll need to do this. Simple fix it seems.

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
Yep that fixed it.

Relating to the previous posts, I have a save just before that buggy game over battle, and I still managed to get sent to the title screen after it. Was the RT file from the previous post included in the last patch or is the bug still unfixed? For your information, I got finished off by the attack after the first "Enough, take this" text.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 09:31:46 PM »
Even with the update patch that I gave you?? That should've fixed it if anything. o_O

« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »
Yes with the 1.105 patch the problem still exists. I didn't test it more than once to see if you could eventually get it to progress normally, but I would assume so. Did you set a script or something that requires the party to survive an x amount of turns before losing?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
No, it should just make you continue on with the script even after losing....dammit all, I don't know what's causing it at this point. It has to be the equipment abilities thing again. I'll look into it I guess...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »
Update Patch 1.106: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gvf935kcbhx40o/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.106.rar

*Fixes error with game overs due to me forgetting to remove a Parallel Process for debugger. Characters SHOULD have their specified abilities too...

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2013, 01:35:54 AM »
When will the full version be released Xenomic? 0,o Also I would help if I could. I'm still a total noob at making sprites and drawing manga. : S
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:40:28 AM by AzureAmulet1 »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
Don't know. It depends on how much I work on this and how much help I get with mapping (mapping is the key to finishing the game really at this point). I'm only one person, so it's going to take me ages to get through everything I want to, especially while sticking to my script for the most part (there's a lot of dungeons to still do, and a lot of storyline and scripting to do).

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2013, 03:29:44 PM »
Are you still planning to make those in--game character screens to give info about each character's "hidden" abilities? I don't want to be reading a text document outside the game to find out what each of them do. For instance, while fighting inside Voile, I saw Meiling being healed up a bit after taking a near 1-shot kill, then Patchouli's MP was slowly creeping up for no apparent reason, and sometimes she even cast the same spell twice. After some reading in the text document I found an explanation for all of these things, but it's far from convenient.
Finally a couple of start-of-the-game complaints: before the option to make your own party becomes available, you're stuck listening to Reimu's theme every single fight apart from the boss fights. And with Cirno stuck in the party as well with her Provocation, you'll be hearing that theme a lot. Not the best way to lure players into the game if you ask me.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about Cirno's/Yuuka's passives really...I can't really go with making them skills because of how skills tend to hate working properly with those kinda of abilities...

As for the in-screens, I still need to get those finished. Hobo hasn't gotten around to them at all lately, but once they're fully done, then they'll be put into the game. It's just a matter of getting said screens done is all...@_@;

You see, there's also that unused village where my NPC hangs out too on the world map. You know, the speed fixer NPC me? That village was going to be where you could get any information you needed on characters too until the in-screens got done. I just...never did anything with it. ^^;

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2013, 11:18:58 PM »
umm i have a problem with the character moving in the right direction after saving at the human village.
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »
I honestly don't know how people are getting that problem. It shouldn't occur at all. That's usually the fault of RPG Maker going wonky or something o_O

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zwc5szsys12iwgw/Touhou_Fantasy_Fixes.rar

For anyone who wants to check to make sure that Winter Forest doesn't lag on them and all that.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »
Update Version 1.108: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yd044gm7y3g45zv/Touhou_Fantasy_Version_1.108.rar

*Fixes lag issues with the game as well as making Poltergeist Mansion, Winter Forest, and Eastern Forest inaccessible until later when they're meant to be. (this hasn't been tested 100% yet, so if it bugs up, do let me know).

In addition, there won't be anymore "Update Patch Version X", and instead will just be the main file, but with the version number. This is to help with preventing confusion for people. In addition, the Music Files have been moved to the main directory, so everything should be right there for you if you need to download! If there are any issues with the game, please feel free to let me know!

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »
I can't even begin to guess the reason for this new "feature":

[attach=1]

What happened was this: Sakuya started the fight with her multi-target attack, and got that MP gain of 9984 jumping on her for the rest of the fight. Next turn she finished off Patchouli and got hit by Mystia summon, then spending the rest of the fight likely hitting herself (I couldn't see any damage numbers because of the 9984 jumping on the screen all the time). For what it's worth, that same MP gain thing happened a bit earlier with the black book monster thingies.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
Huh...seems Pepsi screwed up with the plugin for the MP. What I want you to do is go into the DynRPG.ini, remove the section about the MP damage, and remove the battle_mp_display.dll for now. I was expecting the bug to have been fixed since he said it was, but...yeah...

FortissimoBui

• Cerebral Assassin
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2013, 02:19:12 AM »
i downloaded the new patch, but when i load my file, it doesnt load
Melody on Earth

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:10 AM »
Version 1.109: http://www.mediafire.com/download/57d8lddccylqzd3/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_1.109.rar

For those having problems loading their current saves: What you'll need to do is delete anything that is "SaveXX.dyn". So for instance, Save15.dyn would need to be deleted. This is due to how DynRPG handles plugins...it doesn't automatically read new updates and will not load your current save if you do not do this.

As for the current update, some more bugs were fixed, and MP healing/damage can now be seen during battle. Also, you can NOW get to Eientei without having to put up with the Bamboo Forest's pit screwing up. Yeah...gotta love them bugs that prevent the player from moving on eh? >_>;;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
This topic is a special one, in which I slowly ask for you, the community's, help on deciding on how to fix up enemies and bosses in my game. Yes, you! You're probably thinking "C'mon, you know your enemies and bosses better than us! You can handle it!". Well...it's always nice to hear what others have to suggest to make enemies not as difficult/underpowered as can be. Perhaps you can help by not making said enemy or boss ridiculous! So, shall we begin? Hopefully this topic won't seem TOO silly and/or begging/attention whoring/whatever. ^^;

So here's the dealio with Hina here (note, she is the 4th boss in the beta2 segment of my game, making her the 16th boss of the game. Not that that should matter):

Attack (standard fight command; 7 priority)
Bad Fortune (AoE Confusion, deals 100 non-elemental Magic damage; 10 priority)
Broken Amulet (AoE Blind, deals 100 non-elemental Magic damage; 10 priority)
Misfortune's Wheel (Single target, reduces ATK/DEF/MAG/SPD by ~20, Magic elemental; 10 priority)

*Blind reduces Accuracy to 70% and also prevents usage of physical skills.

So here's the thing...I want Hina to deal with statuses (Confusion and Blind in this case). I could easily give her another attack or two from her playable version if I really need to, but the main problem here is the AoE Confusion. It's not that it does too much damage (most characters that you bring to fight has at least 400-800 HP, so it's not super dangerous), but the Confusion proc can happen pretty easily, and you don't have protection to Confusion until AFTER the fight. I still want this to be a thing Hina can do, but I don't want the other 2 moves to take that much priority.

Now, before I go on too far, I am thinking of making a "Spellcard System" for my game, based off of the Touhou series (and by extension, Genius of Sappheiros and Devil of Decline, which is where the idea came from). Essentially, the boss's strongest move wouldn't be usable UNTIL she charged up a bomb (would probably be called Bomb Charge or something). The turn after she uses this, then the boss would use said strongest move, which would give the player ample time to prepare for it (or die to it, depending on the type of attack it is. It would vary from boss to boss obviously, and this isn't going to be used for random encounters as it wouldn't work with them). It is possible that sometimes bosses will have multiple levels of charges (so a boss later in the game could use a level 1 Bomb attack or a level 2 Bomb attack, depending on if said boss decides to use the attack or to charge up again and THEN use the level 2 bomb). Think of it as a Super or something.

Now with that out of the way, while Bad Fortune seems like it could fit the Bomb charge attack, I'm not certain. Her strongest move normally is just single-target, so it's easily recoverable from. Any suggestions here guys? And yes, I'm trying to stick to as close to canon with abilities and whatnot as possible (granted, she doesn't deal with Confusion/Blind in canon so much as curses but...).

I'm hoping this catches on, as this would help me out tremendously. Revamping enemies/bosses is something I've been wanting to do for a while now, but I just haven't figured out HOW I want to handle it.

One final note, I DO tend to keep enemy/boss stats somewhat around what the playable characters would be around that time, if not slightly higher than them at times.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2013, 11:29:10 AM »
For Hina, can you reduce the chance of the confusion proccing?  That would probably help out if you can.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »
I have a problem.

After doing the first steps of "New Game" during full screen mode, an error pops up "The File Hero3 cannot be opened" and goes back to the start menu. Some reason my Fraps can only record on full screen mode. After the error shows up, it messes the recording... :S

Don't know. It depends on how much I work on this and how much help I get with mapping (mapping is the key to finishing the game really at this point). I'm only one person, so it's going to take me ages to get through everything I want to, especially while sticking to my script for the most part (there's a lot of dungeons to still do, and a lot of storyline and scripting to do).

I see, well good luck with your game, I would help if I could. Though I am learning how to C++, if your game is still in the making I might be able to help you. Once I get the full hang and experience of coding. ;3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:43:42 AM by AzureAmulet »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2013, 07:43:15 PM »
@Jq: I'm thinking of doing so, but that's supposed to be her main gimmick. I'm also thinking of changing around how she works, like just making her AoE Confusion be her Bomb/Spellcard attack.

@Azure: Did you install the CommandRTP? That'll probably help fix that. Also yeah, that's how RPG Maker 2k3 works...you're forced to record in fullscreen.

C++ can only help with DynRPG plugins, so that could be useful in that regards...

For those of you curious, I have been LPing my own game. So far, I've racked up 7 game overs...in my own game. ;___;

1) Lost to Patchouli (this made me die a little on the inside, because um...I NEVER lost to her before. I was playing dumbly and didn't have enough items on me. Remember kids! Don't go into a boss fight with only 2 1-Ups!)
2) Lost to Reisen (I forgot I changed how Poison Smoke Curtain worked, and she was using level 4 Smoke Curtain. Humans are weak to Poison (300% damage), so yeah...)
3) Lost to Toxic Flowers in Underschool (AoE Bio...yeah...)
4) Lost to Hina (She spammed Bad Fortune the entire fight...)
5) Lost to Parsee (I just got roflstomped)
6) Lost to Rinnosuke & Yukari TWICE (I don't know what happened here. I just got roflstomped)

I ALMOST lost to Tenshi on Youkai Mountain as well, even though there's no reason you EVER should lose to her...my goodness, this game is out to kill me! It's pretty difficult for me probably because I'm not stopping to grind for money at all, so I have less items to work with. I'm not going to even get all of the skill scrolls that I can, so that'll be fun. Making things harder than it has to be! >_>;;

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2013, 03:40:20 AM »
Hey Xenomic I've been playing through your game and it's been amazing so far. I wanted to report that
Spoiler:
a map was strange in the blazing pits of hell where you have to follow Yuugi into a cave that was initially blocked by a rock to find Suika. A few maps in, I did not see my sprite anywhere and was basically stuck there. I could still open my menu but I couldn't do anything. Aside from that, I also had trouble getting into Youmu's area with the most recent update patch. I had to downgrade the game in order to access the area. And how do you defeat Order with Iku and Letty? I'm stuck at that battle right now since Order keeps killing me and the game ends  ???

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2013, 04:44:08 AM »
1) I have fixed the issue with Hakugyokurou, which I will have to upload here in a few.

2) I'll have to investigate that area. Which part was it that you got stuck at exactly? It may not have been tested properly so that may have been it.

Spoiler:
3) Iku has to get 5 turns in order for it to end the fight properly. That's the tricky part about that fight...it doesn't matter if Letty dies or not, or if you damage Order. Just have Iku waste turns healing and whatnot.

Update 1.100: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cnrwg34asmgn7l1/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_1.110.rar

*Fixes problem entering Hakugyokurou. For some reason, there was a blank page in the event box which caused this issue.
*Youmu's Stances are NOT complete, so don't bother using them. They won't do anything due to them being buggy. They will not work, nor will they be removed from Youmu's skillset when they're supposed to be removed. This will be rectified later.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:52:24 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2013, 05:26:10 AM »
Spoiler:
I'm not sure exactly which room it was but it was after entering the room that was previously blocked by a rock and before the switch puzzle area.
On a side note, I'm not sure if this was intentional but the omega boss after the eastern forest is not accessible. After exiting the eastern forest from the north to the world map, I cannot advance further to the cave to the north.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:49 AM »
So it was the lava room??? That's odd...I remember testing that room. That shouldn't be broken at all. o_O

As for the other issue, are you saying you can't enter that area at all? You should be able to enter the cave. o_O