Author Topic: Abilities - What would you like to see?  (Read 73499 times)

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
Re: Abilities - What would you like to see?
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2011, 08:35:49 AM »
Hmm, persuasive writing ala Rizal.

Also, since Ninja aren't included, what about the ORIGINAL assassins? Those guys from the middle east?

And nothing in this thread can beat my Game Mechanics and Troll Logic, especially the latter.

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »
(Completely forgot to mention earlier, but Daiyousei teleports in EoSD stage 2)

Manipulation of vectors could be an interesting (albiet pretty overpowered) ability.
Power to use onmyodo (paper charm shikigami and the ofouda bullets and such)
Power to detect weaknesses
Manipulation of colour

(Touhou has no ninja because things have to grow to near extinction in the outside world to reach Gensokyo, and ninja are far too common to qualify. Protip: if there's no ninja in your line of sight, it's because he is above you. If there is one, it's not a real ninja, because ninja cannot be seen. Ninja.)

Hmm... your writing really does intrigued me. That means.... a tale like jourey to the west isnt popular in gensokyo?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
Something else I would like to see would be Manipulation of State of Matter. To turn something liquid, solid or gas, or even plasma. It'd also allow the user to shift between solid, gaseous, liquid and energy form too.
Powers revolving around just a slime form would be interesting as well. The slime version might have assimilating powers by extension.

Weapon conjuration or creation would be neat. Either by forming weaponry from thin air, or by pulling it out of the character's body/form it from a fragment of the character's body (like hair). Or just turn limbs into weapons, of course. It'd fit well with a 'living suit of armor' character. Might result in Ghost n' Goblins gags, what with Arthur being able to throw an entire armory's worth of weapons.

While not listed as one of their abilities, a lot of characters can make clones. Suwako can definitely make a whole bunch of them.
Remilia can also do it, and many other stage 6 characters.

I would like to see manipulation of speech. Getting people to say the wrong things will be hilarious.

I believe you mean Suika, not Suwako, unless I'm missing something here.
Yuuka, Flandre and Parsee are also capable of creating clones.

Touhou have a kunai bullets, but there's no  a ninja yet? BLASPHEMY!
Hmmm..
Power to become "justin bieber"
Power to become "rebecca black"

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:03:08 PM by OkashiiKisei »

B?t V?n Tử

• 天下第一妖怪 - Thi?n Hạ Đệ Nhất Y?u Qu?i
  • 謀事在人, 成事在天 - Mưu sự tại nh?n, th?nh sự tại thi?n
    • [LAME] - Final project in my HTML class - shamelessly stole from touhou wiki
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
Thx to OkashiiKisei, i thought of Manipulation of Anti-Matter, well if u read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, u will get how strong Anti-Matter than Nuclear Fusion (100% energy produced from the famous E=mc2)

Zil

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2011, 12:41:01 AM »
Suwako makes a copy of herself in the Red Frog in Something-Era spell, (her first survival spell).
Thx to OkashiiKisei, i thought of Manipulation of Anti-Matter, well if u read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, u will get how strong Anti-Matter than Nuclear Fusion (100% energy produced from the famous E=mc2)
I'm pretty sure antimatter is not an energy source; it just destroys whatever it comes into contact with, along with itself. Though I admit, I'm not very familiar with the theories regarding antimatter.

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2011, 01:43:56 AM »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2011, 02:02:16 AM »
What? too overpowered?

No, too stupid.

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2011, 02:38:46 AM »
@Okashiikisei:
I mean Suwako. She can clone herself infinitely or so she says. Her versus quote in Hisoutensoku:
Gods can split themselves infinitely~
Ahh, it's a good time to trick those who live aboveground into confronting their deepest fears isn't it?

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
Manipulation of Mirror.
1) Can manipulate physics of the mirror, can shatter them and break the physics law involving mirror
2) Can reverse thing just like how a mirror usually does.
3) Can goes into mirror world and manipulate the world of mirror.
UNfortunately mirror power already had by SHikieiki

Irusia Megica
First-Class Master of House of tricks
Powers: Incredibly wealthy, High-level intelligence, great architecture, can perform world-class stage magic.
She has wealth and money. And she determined to perform a stage magic. Has many agent and secret followers. She can perform many tricks that is beyond human knowledge. One of recent tricks is that she can levitate the chair and even hop onto it as if she has supernatural. But the truth, she has many tricks such as the levitation under her sleeves. She recently heard about the gap to gensokyo was found. And that world filled with magic. She is amazed by the magic world, yet hate it because she prefers doing stage magic. So she sets up a house of tricks to the gensokyo world, to proof that stage magic is better than their own magic.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
Other than Game Mechanics and Troll Logic, this one's inspired by Dampierre:

Manipulation of Trickery

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
Manipulation of Fear/Terror.

The power to gain strength from hatred of others. In this sense, the one who has this power gains their strength from being that one guy (or in this case, girl) that everyone hates being around and just cannot stand. An example of this would be equivalent to how everyone feels about Excalibur in Soul Eater, only the one everyone grows annoyed with actually gets stronger from the power of 'lol u mad?'.

Hate on her all you want, she'll just get stronger because of it. Makes it especially bad if you take this out in the form of physical violence and try to beat'er like that. She is literally, the one annoyance that you won't get rid of.

I've also been thinking of Manipulation of Chemicals as of late for some reason.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »
Chemical? eirin?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
Eirin can create any kind of medicine/drug, yes.

But, I don't really count that as a manipulation of chemicals since what I have in mind is magically producing the chemical or manipulating it to turn it into something else. Eirin could use chemicals but, not magically control them, as far as I can tell..

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2011, 07:01:35 PM »
Manipulation of Fear/Terror.

The power to gain strength from hatred of others. In this sense, the one who has this power gains their strength from being that one guy (or in this case, girl) that everyone hates being around and just cannot stand. An example of this would be equivalent to how everyone feels about Excalibur in Soul Eater, only the one everyone grows annoyed with actually gets stronger from the power of 'lol u mad?'.

Hate on her all you want, she'll just get stronger because of it. Makes it especially bad if you take this out in the form of physical violence and try to beat'er like that. She is literally, the one annoyance that you won't get rid of.

Basically, a school bully. Is that right?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
You could call it that, yeah. Although, truth be told, I didn't really think of that until you mentioned it.

Drake

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
if you actually read books on science instead of books about conspiracy theories and the strong twisting of christianity then you would actually know how anti-matter works

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2011, 03:56:03 AM »
POwer to create pollution
Manipulation of Sand

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »
The power to defy conventions, held by an extra stage male fairy who
  • also appears as the stage 1 midboss with dialogue, and tells us all about the incident, then leaves without fighting
  • has no wings
  • wears plain clothing and lacks headgear
  • has oni stage mobs instead of faries
  • takes damage from bombs
  • has multiple difficulty settings, with easy having fewer spellcards than the stage 6 boss, and allows continues
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:43:07 AM by haoreos2 »

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
Power to force people to do evil deeds.
This is probably the best ability for Mima the final boss for next touhou game.

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »
I dont know what u mean by Manipulation of Ash, but i think it may similar to Suika ability.

Wouldn't be anything close

Ability to Turn into danmaku.
Be one hell of a troll in Extra Stage
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:17:51 PM by Sonae »

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2011, 10:10:11 PM »
Ability to Turn into danmaku.
Be one hell of a troll in Extra Stage
Remilia sort of does that, doesn't she? I mean, she could turn into a lot of bats and bats are like danmaku in Gensokyo, right?

The abilities I want to see? Heh...
Manipulation of Blind Spots
Manipulation of Sound
Actual Invisibility
...That's pretty much it.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2011, 12:22:07 AM »
The ability to control other's abilities.

Just imagine someone like that facing off with Yukari, and her trying to gap switch herself with Ran, only to find her ability has been shut off. Such an ability would make it possible to crank someone else's abilities up to 11, like making Okuu literally blow herself up. Such a talent would have a lot of possibilities, ne?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2011, 12:22:54 AM »
I'd like to see a low-stage boss who has the power of photographic memory. Then they could appear in a much higher stage, extra maybe, and use your character's attack patterns. It could work better in a fighting game so that it's not too much like Satori's ability.

ChocolateLily

• >LIKE A BOSS<
  • I SEE... absolutely nothing.
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
I'd like to see a low-stage boss who has the power of photographic memory. Then they could appear in a much higher stage, extra maybe, and use your character's attack patterns. It could work better in a fighting game so that it's not too much like Satori's ability.

Hmm, well Akyuu doesn't appear in games but she has some sort of photographic memory. Well, does 'remember anything she sees' count?

Is there anyone who can manipulate amalgamation?
Or how about consuming something just by looking at it?
♥ ~ Shoutoku Taoist ~ Toyosatomimi no Miko~ ♥

Chocolate is a confectionery, Lily is a flower.
But my favourite food is rice, My favourite flower is an iris.
~Confused

Zap

• Embodiment of Lightning
  • Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
I now add another idea that randomly entered my mentality.

The power to control the Acidic/Basic levels of a substance.

Jett

• Clever Title
  • Clever Text
    • Remnant Jett
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
I now add another idea that randomly entered my mentality.

The power to control the Acidic/Basic levels of a substance.

The power to turn milk into hot sauce?

"If I die, I forgive you. If I live, we shall see." - Spanish Proverb

B?t V?n Tử

• 天下第一妖怪 - Thi?n Hạ Đệ Nhất Y?u Qu?i
  • 謀事在人, 成事在天 - Mưu sự tại nh?n, th?nh sự tại thi?n
    • [LAME] - Final project in my HTML class - shamelessly stole from touhou wiki
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2011, 09:04:03 PM »
if you actually read books on science instead of books about conspiracy theories and the strong twisting of christianity then you would actually know how anti-matter works

LOL I actually studied about anti-matter before reading Dan Brown's, it just didn't interest me until i read that novel. I also know that anti-matter was first introduced in Star Trek when it is just a imaginary energy.

Well, I learned that anti-particle (such as positive electron) when contacts which normal particle will destroy each other and create a energy blast (like in this equation (e-) + (e+) -> Q) which the energy output is from the equation inb4. Consider this applied to matter level, anti-matter about 3g can worth some of nuclear bombs.

You may think Dan Brown's Novels are not real because he is not a scientist but he tried his best to imagine how anti-matter could become if it weren't handled well enough; clear example of bad handling new energy is Hiroshima Nuclear Bombing.

PS: I am Catholic Christian, and I like Brown's Da Vinci Code  for its thrilling.

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:40 AM »
Manipulation of manipulation.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2011, 12:48:57 AM »
Manipulation of manipulation.

HI PURVIS!

Spoiler:
Ijiyatsu Purvis has exactly that power.

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »
Remilia sort of does that, doesn't she? I mean, she could turn into a lot of bats and bats are like danmaku in Gensokyo, right?

Considering in StB that she sends tons of bats to Aya. In which they not kill her, but spawn bullets themselves. I'd say bats aren't danmaku.

a true invisibilty would be interesting . You'd have to search the screen for them.

Manipulation of Lava