Author Topic: DLS's Double Character Danmakufu Scripts  (Read 8586 times)

DLS's Double Character Danmakufu Scripts
« on: August 01, 2015, 01:06:15 PM »
No, the title and this topic has nothing to do with DDC.

Welcome to the topic where I keep my Danmakufu scripts stored.

Scripts I made - Listed to oldest to newest:
- Remilia Scarlet (**1st script) (**Credits to PhantomSong for explosion effect sprite and background code) - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/remilia-scarlet
- Yukari Yakumo (**Credits to PhantomSong for background code) - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/yukari-yakumo
- Cirno (**Credits to PhantomSong for background code) - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/cirno
- Kogasa Tatara (**BGM is Staking Your Life on a Prank because it's somewhat fitting to Kogasa too :V) - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/kogasa-tatara
- Lily White and Wriggle Nightbug (**RaNGE 15 entry) - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/range-15-entry-lily-white-and-wriggle-nightbug

Common credits (that apply for all or almost all scripts):
* Credits to gtbot for cutin effect code.
* Credits to Ran Yakumo for explosion effect code.

So, this is it. :3
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 09:00:16 PM by DLS »

Re: DLS's Double Character Danmakufu Scripts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »
I was planning to do a Patchy script, but I ended up doing a Yukari script.

I just did this script in (nearly) 3 days, somehow. :V

Here it is - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/yukari-yakumo

CREDITS TO:
- GTbot (Cutin script)
- Ran Yakumo (Gorgeous explosion effects)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:24:01 PM by DLS »

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:17:25 PM »
Done a Byakuren script, here it is - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/byakuren-hijiri

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »
Updated the Byakuren script - Byakuren was going EYE'M DA STRONGEST on Spell 3 on Hard. :V

Due to that, I changed the secondary bullets (the blue and green ones) to go at random directions, in a Eternal Meek style. [And if you were wondering, yes, I love random-based stuff, might create a Sakuya script with random-based spells because why not?  :derp:]

Also changed spell bonuses for Easy and Hard - Easy has half as much spell bonus score as Normal, Hard has twice as much spell bonus score as Normal.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:37:55 PM »
They were very fun!  :D
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »
Thanks - indeed they are (somewhat) fun to play. :3

Though, I'd wish to know which spells / scripts you liked / hated. I need some criticizing because I feel like my scripts are kind of bad, and I also need to know where I failed and where I can improve.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Sure, I can give a review. I'll take your latest script to review, which should be the Byakuren boss fight. (I'm playing on Normal)

For starters, I can say that the backgrounds are super cool. I would also recommend that you animate Byakuren, because it seems like you have a full sprite-sheet.

The nonspells are a little rough, because she tends to move alot. They can also occasionally overlap each other as well.

Looking at the first spell, the way that the small purple bullets move is a little odd.

For the next spell, the leaf effect was also cool.

For "Sutra Of Lotus", the first wave can be dodged with no effort whatsoever.

On the fourth spell, the curving butterfly flower pattern is very pretty.

The last spell is fun and stylish (That's cause I like rainbows). I see that you really like to use angular velocity a lot. It gets a bit dense, though. I also noticed that the amulets have SetSpellResist on them.
Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 06:39:07 PM »
Well, the background twist code was something I "borrowed" [Is expecting another message from Helepolis regarding another plagiarism issue for the twist] from PhantomSong and the background image itself was a modification from EoSD Stage 6's image. I was mostly aiming to "reproduce" Makai.

I can't animate Byakuren (properly) because of the big circles. (And yes, it was the first and apparently only Touhou 12 Byakuren spritesheet I found)

Nonspells ARE supposed to overlap each other. Without the slow bullets, there would be no challenge at all on her nonspells. Also, because it's not random and instead static, I had to make her to move.

Well, the mist (purple danmaku / bullets) was supposed to be odd, actually. Though it's just static + angular velocity spirals and thus it's not really hard - just that it may kill you with the large purple danmaku. Said large purple danmaku is random, so...

The focus effect (and the explosion effect to when Byakuren dies) is from Ran Yakumo's Effects library. It's pretty flexible, easy to understand, and gives gorgeous results. His thread is called "Ran's Magical Workbench", if you're interested on his Effects library. I'll always give credit because it's really good.

Sutra of Lotus's 1st wave's purpose was to overlap the 2nd wave and reduce your space to nothing when dodging the last and few bullets. :V

Fourth spell was actually done in a rush, since I had nothing to do. Though, I used the same butterfly flower pattern in the second spell.

"Danmaku is always a visual thing" (words of PhantomSong), that's the reason the amulets have spell resistance. After all, even though they're the "body" of the pattern, they're not really dangerous, just walling. :V
I also like rainbows, and using angular velocity and flower-shaped patterns is my pride and joy (Heh). So I combined all those three and that's what I got. Because it was sort of similar to Byakuren's last spell in UFO, I named it "Undefined Fantastic Object". The reason is simple:

"Looks like a rainbow-colored flower at first, but then it becomes something else. Something unknown, and really fantastic. An undefined fantastic object."
~My description for said spell, inserted in BulletForge.

Also, my scripts are listed in order of oldest to newest.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »
Also, my scripts are listed in order of oldest to newest.

If this is the case, then state it in your Opening Post. :)
That will solve confusion about which one is most recent.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:33 AM »
So I tried the Byakuren script. The first two nonspells are "okay". but they're way too vanilla for Byakuren, though.

Spell 1... I'll stop you right there. While it's fine to take inspiration for names from canon spells, this one seems a bit too similar to her opening spell. It seems like you wanted to take inspiration for the pattern too, but in actually it looks like Byakuren got a bit too drunk before the fight started, what with the random bubbles.

Second spell can be improved if you don't shoot literally every bullet from the boss. It gets a bit boring after a while. Have some lasers spawning vertically or something, if you want to put a twist on Makai Butterfly.

The third nonspell is rather interesting, but I can't keep track of where the boss is moving. She moves everywhere and I can only hope she aligns herself horizontally with my player, otherwise I'm going to spend forever on it.

The third spell is literally the first two nonspells with an extra random spam phase. I'll wait until it gets replaced by something new before I review it.

I won't say anything on the fourth and fifth spells, because they look like they're copy-pasted from the second spell, renamed and recoloured.
When you're making something like a Recitation spell, you want to seem "threatening" and/or "grand," and I can't really say either word holds true, currently.
As for the last spell, you seem to love slapping in the name of a game or a mechanic and calling it a spell. I can only think of that as being lazy.

It seems like you run out of ideas really quickly. Choose an easier boss to make scripts, because Byakuren isn't an easy character to get ideas for.

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
The reason why I do [mediocre] script is because I'm really lazy and I can only get the abilities of Rumia, Cirno / Letty [well, both are almost the same in terms of abilities], Mystia, and Wriggle [POSSIBLY], which are pretty much being even more uncreative in my sight [I'm really uncreative, so...].

That's the reason why I actually tend to pick up Stage 4 to 6 bosses or Extra bosses.

However, I can't really get the abilities of others, since they seem too complicated (Chen, for instance, seems really complicated), so I end up doing even more mediocre scripts for my shame...

Though I was rushing when doing Byakuren, so yeah.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:17:06 PM by DLS »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
I'm really pessimistic

I can only get the abilities of (so-and-so)

I would like to suggest staying within the realm of abilities and patterns that you're comfortable with before trying anything too adventurous. Yeah, Cirno and the like seem "uninspiring" but there's no shame in making scripts for them if other characters are too challenging

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 10:43:47 PM »
So I've done a Cirno script~ :derp:

Link is here - http://www.bulletforge.org/u/ps/p/cirno-by-dls

Have fun...or at least a bit...Idk ;-;

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »
Cirno's my favourite. However the last word was kinda uninteresting. The second spell reminds me of Miko's last spell. I also liked how the bullets fade (to me that looks more professional)
Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »
Because rains are only interesting when you have limited space to dodge them. :V

Last Word was just for a challenge so...

And fading bullets isn't that really professional, I guess. It indeed gives a cool look, though.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »
Look what I found while browsing youtube! (It is a bit critical)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmufChKEtbg

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:25:13 PM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 08:45:52 PM »
Oh, not that video again...

Actually, I've seen that vid 3 weeks ago or smthg like that.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 01:24:03 PM »
And here I upload a Kogasa script, after...uhh...god knows for how many weeks I stopped scripting on Danmakufu. :V

Well, this isn't really long as my other scripts, but in all sincerity, disregarding my Remilia script (it was my first one :V), I feel like this one was the best script I could ever do as of now.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:59 PM »
Posted my RaNGE 15's entry, Lily White.

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 07:36:38 PM »
Well, while I was fooling around with my big freetime, I could do something a little fancy-ish for my Kogasa script and gave it a minor update:

* Quick Mode added - As the name says, it's a quick version of the script: basically the delay of bullets, the fire rate of the pattern and/or the speed of the bullets is modified to be faster. However, the patterns, SOMETIMES becomes easier than the original one. But always, ALWAYS the timer and the health of each attack are halved - so you can finish this script even before the music loops.

* A modification on the 2nd spell - It was too much like Orin's Youkai Wheel, so I decided to do something else with it. Timeout version will be a pain to capture, by the way, and might be the reason for you to fail to NMNB this script [...if the 1st spell and the 2nd non of the same timeout didn't wreck you already]

* Timeout version of the 1st non's timer has been reduced to 25 secs, only because I felt it was too repetitive, even if I loved that non so much... [it's quite fun to stare Kogasa spiraling that way...looks like she's doing a show specially for you... ;-;]

* Shotsheet changed to Ozzy's AllStar Shotsheet. [It's really great, btw]

* No absolute pathing anymore, so you don't have to worry in going into the files and bugfixing!