Author Topic: Touhou Gensoumaroku ~ The Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch  (Read 129320 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I'm pretty sure when I first did the skills, I gave them all the same name thinking they meant the same thing, only to notice when I did the status effects later on that there was two different descriptions and titles for a lot of those. I'll most likely keep the ones with the shorter name as PATK/MATK/PDEF/MDEF or however, and the longer ones as Physical Damage/Magical Damage/Physical Defense/Magical Defense.

As for PATK and ATK being the same thing (same with DEF and PDEF), the image used for the menu was translated and edited by someone else, while I kept the stat names from GoS in all the skill descriptions for the sake of consistency. I can try to edit the menu image to make it PATK and PDEF instead of ATK and DEF for clarity and consistency.

All this is also making me realize how NoR doesn't really get crazy with all the different status types (of course instead they have all these other unique effects like Certain Hit, Self Resistance, etc. to make up for it). At least a lot of the status effect names are consistent.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Speaking of those DoD has a hidden one that is named like "Inverse Sure-Hit", negative version of GoS Perfect Dodge, basically incoming attack is randomly forced to hit the target regardless of evasion, etc.

PASTEBIN #4: Variety Table (WIP, for reference see bottom Table)

I suggest to consolidate anything that can be for easier understanding, GoS had stuff like MYS/Mystic (Magic Neutral) and Slayer (Smite), and DoD does too, but regardless of being closer to Bose's naming scheme their meaning isn't immediately clear.

GALLERY #1: 全強化 ≠ ↑全能力, To be a Strawberry status needs a different name (All Boost ?, etc.).

Ignore if not, but in case shortening some status names is planned, long status name (PIC-1) maybe Quadruple Wall or Dragon Wall (火水地雷防壁)  ?, GoS equivalent used Element Wall (四大防壁).

PIC-2 possibly Lunar Wall for (光闇防壁), GoS used that name even if not name accurate, DoD name is the same plus it's now MYS related, which is usually related to moon stuff.
GoS
Primary Stats & "-/+% Damage Status": Buffs (X) / Debuffs (X), Secondary Stats: Buffs (O) / Debuffs (O), plenty

DoD
Primary Stats & "-/+% Damage Status": Buffs (O)/ Debuffs (O), Secondary Stats: Buffs (O) except ACC, very limited, Debuffs (RES only)

NoR
Primary Stats & "-/+% Damage Status": Buffs (O)/ Debuffs (O), Secondary Stats: Buffs (X) (not that I remember now)

In NoR Heat Weapon and Earth Wall are now "% Damage Up/Down", Acala Sword can be halved via Earth Wall. Note in all cases unable to buff strictly means "the player is unable to", is not true for enemies.

In GoS Fixed enemy damage can't be halved via statuses.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:50:52 PM by Cjd2524 »

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this! I've been hoping for a translation patch for this game for a long time, and now it's a reality! This is really really awesome!
Thank you!

Gallery #1

- Status Screen: All Immune to All Null, Physical Immune to Physical Null, and Magic Immune to Magic Null

Null (無効) statuses have two translations as Immune & Null, Status Screen description should be changed to match in-battle names.

Gallery #2

Minor inconsistencies in the Bestiary, Shiisa <-> Shisa, Haniyas <-> Haniyasu, 7 Caped People <-> Loitering Seven Boys, advanced version should be "Loitering 7 Boys"/"7 Loitering Boys" ( no need to convert numbers into text ).

Gallery #3

- Mace of Earth to Earth Mace ( the rest had their prepositions removed, e.g.: Ice Club was Club of Ice)
- Protection of Breath to Breath Protection
- Resisting Shield Wall to Resist Shield Wall ( unless the extra -ing is intended )
- Jahannamu to Jahannam ( without the extra "u" )
- Gambentein to Gambanteinn ( in conformance with Mistelteinn, also never found it written as "Gamben...")
- Diabolical Breath to Diabolic Breath ( again unless intended but is ディアボリック not ディアボリカル )
- Mind Death Charger to Mind Discharger ( デスチャージャー )
- Moonlight Mirror to Moon Knight Mirror / Moon Night Mirror ( ムーンナイト can't be Moonlight )

Gallery #4 Full Concentration vs Extreme Concentration (全力集中), again same name two translations, should use the same name.

Gallery #5 Larva Marbolo/Morbolo (モルボル)

Minor inconsistency between Shikigami and Enemy, also including the Great Morbolo variant, the three should share the same name.

Gallery #6
#128 Shinzo's name is cut short. 新造人間サイコポリマー, note it's also a Shikigami, would Neo-Human Psychopolymer (or Cyborg Psychopolymer) be valid replacements for Shinzo ?

Gallery #7
- Sage Staff "+5" and Final Evolution Bracelet "+10" are using the old JP charset.
- Auspicious Clouds Amulet "水(24)" to "Water (24)"
- Meirin to Meiling ( in-battle, she is Meiling everywhere else )

Gallery #8
- Calamity: Maelstrom Descent says Instant Death twice
- Chibi Hina says Mitori Kawashiro while equipped for some reason ( the name of another pre-order Shikigami )

Colere de Dieu ?, skill is named コレール ドゥディユ, I don't have a screenshot right now of the JP name, is strange "dedieu" is not properly separated.

Also I think Last Elemental (ラスエレメンタル) should be named Elemental Wrath and respective status name is Element Wrath (ラスエレメント) instead of Last Element. This is the special field exclusive of Shikigami Patchouli so I can't provide screenshots.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:58:55 AM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
For some reason, I couldn't exactly take a break from patching, so I've gone over and fixed most of the things posted about in the thread as of late. I'll definitely get a patch up, but before that, I'm going to work (not all at once, probably in the next couple days on and off) on porting the patch over to the Banquet version of the game. The item.srsdb isn't that different other than some changes in numbers here and there (so it's not just a straight copy-paste job), but the chr.srsdb is completely differently ordered, not to mention all the shikigami have ACTUAL descriptions now, not just blank things. So that'll be a bit trickier. Not to mention redoing the Global.srb, which means finding all of the string addresses all over again, but that shouldn't be too hard, the file size is similar to the one from Festival, so they should be in roughly similar places. Everything else shouldn't be that difficult to do, but it's going to take a bit. I'll post both the Festival patch and the Banquet patch once I'm done with both.

Great news. Validon do you know if there is a .csv that would detail Enemy Shield data ?, I am counting 39 Shields in DoD that are enemy only, including the elusive Ahoge.

I can't post screenshots ATM:

Earth's Crust Braclet -> Bracelet
Bestiary #588 Okuu -> Utsuho ( JP name is 空, while Okuu is usually おくう or お空 )
Shikigami Eirin's Passive Skills says "(...) Reduces chance of recieving fixed damage" -> it's actually Percentage Damage (there are three descriptions)

For the curious Eirin (LV.1) ○  Percentage Damage / Eirin (LV.50) ◎ Percentage Damage / Eirin (LV.73) ☆ Percentage Damage

Is  暗黒 (Ankoku) -> Galaxy (Amulet/+) a legit translation ?, I am confused because I think Galaxy is MYS usually.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:29:25 AM by Cjd2524 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Missed the generic message of "You can't enter this completed dungeon"

[element] land power was increased uses kanji. Just minor enough to be ignored, though.

This scene when finding Rinnosuke does have a pointer to the translated weapon name, but not the rest of the message.

A line that probably was translated without knowing it was spoken dialogue (ie. inside a speech bubble)

A message from the 2nd Clock Tower of the End, when trying to go through the shortcut (the one at the start of the dungeon that lets you go quickly to the end), before actually opening that shortcut.

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (1 name & title) instead of Eiki Shiki Yamaxanadu (2 names, title) (I'm using the "given name, family name" format as other characters, Shiki Eiki is still okay, i guess)

I noticed something. It seems that when putting the letter J, the J "eats up" a fragment of the previous character. Just a minor graphical defect.

Vali, could you post somewhere a file with the translations used for Shikigamis and skills? That way i can properly edit the english wiki with references to the japanese wiki. I already did two but it's a huge pain to transcribe from the game and with the files it'd be an easier copy-and-paste.

Edit: thinking about it, shouldn't Aya's ファストストライク, translated as First Strike,  actually be Fast Strike?

Edit the 2nd: thank you, i'll start soon.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:24:14 PM by Maple »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
There is enemy shield data in the item.csv, I just didn't translate it since it never shows up anywhere in-game. As for the skills and passives, skills are in the item.csv file, passives are in the chr.csv file. The joys of things not being all in the same place.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
So far, i found that Komachi's Higan Retour is being described as being "all-targeting" when actually it's single-targeting. Having the files accessible makes proofreading way easier, but now it's 10 PM, i'll continue in another moment.

PASTEBIN #1: Bestiary Missing Info with enemy Shield details

PASTEBIN #2: Bestiary Monster Drop Rate

Thanks to Validon for providing the csv. Placed shield info at the top to not force scrolling through possible spoilers for readers who are only interested in the enemy shield data. It took me a while to figure the appropriate shield flags attributes, hopefully I didn't miss anything.

P.S.: Action Variation (or Variation Type) is undocumented atm (I think higher is better).

So far I learned a lot of stuff is unnecessarily overcomplicated in DoD, some concepts and formulas are spread around like 5 different pages, from what I remember GoS and NoR are more straightforward.
Edit: thinking about it, shouldn't Aya's ファストストライク, translated as First Strike,  actually be Fast Strike?
Kind of seconding this, I was going to mention it, I called it Fast Strike in NoR because I believe it didn't necessarily go first, but I see the translation used is more common, you can see some interesting order action swap if you try to outrun the EX Final Boss.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
New things:

Momiji's family name was spelled as Inubashira instead of Inubashiri

Yuuka's フラワリングディフェンス was translated as Flower Ring Defense. Maybe it should be Flowering Defense. フラワリング gives me "flowering" when i search it.

Just a bit of help when editing the wiki: does, by any chance, Yuyuko's Resurrection Butterfly do Dark-type damage? I'm not sure where i got that impression, if actually happened when i was playing or not, i don't remember.

Character list so far. Is that a complete list, did i miss one? Mostly the expansion. Do the Festival/Banquet expansions include new special code shikigami?
Spoiler:
If that's the case then give me the codes. Gimmegimme.

↑  Note that Magic Skills mainly have a "Element (Display)" and a "Land Element", Resurrection Butterfly has no display element but has "Land Element DRK", it is and influences Dark Land Level/Power.

Reverse e.g.:

Shikigami (A)'s Curse Mark has Selective "LGT, DRK, MYS" Displayed Element + Land Element
Shikigami Ricotte's Harmony Resonance has Selective "LGT, DRK, MYS" Displayed Element only, but is not and doesn't influence Land at all, to the Land it is equivalent to the use of a MYS/VOI spell.

This comes from GoS, where Reimu's Healing Talisman skills had no Element but influenced and were influenced by LGT Land Level/Power.

It's detailed in the Magic Skill Table, but is complicated.

Lavateinn -> Laevateinn / L?vateinn (レーヴァテイン) PIC1

Flowering Defense, is another one I didn't mention because I didn't know if it was more accurate.
Trivia: physical damage can seep through this skill (1-in-1000 like chance), brace yourself for the privilege.

In relation to that I think Lily White's Gold Route (PIC2) ( "Geld/Gelt Route") is possibly "Gertrude" (ゲルトルート) ?, like Gertrude of Nivelles (patron of gardeners). Madoka's own Gertrude borrows the name from the same source.
Character list so far. Is that a complete list, did i miss one? Mostly the expansion. Do the Festival/Banquet expansions include new special code shikigami?
Spoiler:
If that's the case then give me the codes. Gimmegimme.
See the /Miscellaneous page for special codes, do note the list is missing two shikigamis, Good Night Remilia and Shikigami Patchouli, I think they were Soundtrack exclusive, also I remember not being able to obtain Denpa-kun. Maybe this helps:

PASTEBIN #3 Character/Shikigami full list Stats
PASTEBIN #4 Character/Shikigami Growth Type Table

If the second table has visible unalignment, save and open in regular Notepad.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:08:36 AM by Cjd2524 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
New:

Sword skill バンデッドパースート spelled as "Bandit Pursuit" instead "Banded Pursuit". Not sure if "Bandit" is a more appropiate Woolseyism, given the ability description.

乱れ雪月花 was translated as "Chaotic Flowerfall". That one seems to be taken from one of Romancing Saga 3's fan translations. Motion to change 雪月花 from "flowerfall" to either "snow, moon, flower" (literal meaning) or "beauties of nature" (symbolic meaning).

居合い斬り  was rendered to Iai Strike and 真空斬り to Vacuum Slash. The first is a skill derived from the latter. Motion to change the second word of either name, so both names match.

A bit of help editing:
童子斬ならアビリティレベル:38で習得可能
影討・童子斬安綱ならアビリティレベル:36で習得可能
This description is found in the japanese wiki, on the last weapon skill available. It says that you can learn things earlier (instead of requiring 42 weapon skill), but i can't figure out the first part (on how to learn things earlier), and google isn't helping

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
乱れ雪月花 was translated as "Chaotic Flowerfall". That one seems to be taken from one of Romancing Saga 3's fan translations. Motion to change 雪月花 from "flowerfall" to either "snow, moon, flower" (literal meaning) or "beauties of nature" (symbolic meaning).

Good eye, that's exactly what ended up happening (I almost called it Full Moon Revenge, but since only GoS and NoR use the actual katakana for Full Moon Revenge, I decided to go with the fan translated name for it from Romancing SaGa 3). I suppose since I called Arare's skill in NoR is similarly called "Beauties of Nature", I can go with that for DoD as well (although Chaotic Beauties of Nature doesn't roll off the tongue so well as Chaotic Flowerfall... oh well).

A bit of help editing:
This description is found in the japanese wiki, on the last weapon skill available. It says that you can learn things earlier (instead of requiring 42 weapon skill), but i can't figure out the first part (on how to learn things earlier), and google isn't helping

In both DoD and NoR, certain weapons will make certain skills easier to learn, either by reducing the required element level or boosting the probability. That's saying that the Doujigiri and the Doujigiri Yasutsuna reduce the required level for that skill (which I believe is Flying Wheel).

A bit of help editing:
See Post #176 second paste is the full list, last is the shorhand version with % rates.

Note that certain characters have higher Ability requirements that the ones detailed on the JP Wiki, dependant of the compatibility between character and skill, so it can be misleading to players even if accurate, only Type 0 skills have universal ALV requisites, weapon assisted skills (Flying Wheel, Tachyon Pierce/Stab and Giant Disaster) are of this kind.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
And i finish for today:

飛鳥衝 was translated to Asuka Charge, but should be more like Flying Bird Charge, going from the description ("Like the magnificent Asuka. ie flying bird"). It makes it look like a reference to a certain mecha-piloting girl. Or the Asuka period.

ロウ・オブ・ザ・エビル  as Row of the Evil, maybe change it to Law of the Evil. It seems that "law" can be pronounced in engrish accent with the ロ kana and not only the ラ kana. British Engrish and American Engrish.

乱れ突き (Chaotic Thrusting), マッハ突き  (Mach Pierce), タキオン突き (Tachyon Pierce). Change second word of the first one so the names match.

I found differences between the translated descriptions and the originals. More specifically, the translation adds effects that weren't there. I want to make sure there weren't errors. The wiki was updated with the Japanese descriptions, and i removed the English extras just in case.

鬼神邀撃衝 (Fierce God's Rising Assault) -> Quick Effect: EVA Down
タキオン突き (Tachyon Pierce) -> Hits 3-6 times.
シューティングスター (Shooting Star) ->Quick Effect: Temporary All Down
レイジフェルール (Feral Rage) ->Quick Effect: ATK Down
インペイルチャージ (Impale Charge)->Quick Effect: EVA Down

(I counted 5, there may be more or less)

The ones you mention are now like that in NoR (Flying Bird Charge & Law of the Evil), looking at (...)突き is possible it will be consolidated to (...)Stab as well, I already asked if they were going to be bring over in the future to DoD and it seems to be the plan.

As for the JP Wiki, look at Feral Rage (PIC). I recommend having a cloned directory with the original game files I would have ended posting lot of false-positives that are just wrong in the original game, some stuff look straight like leftovers.

For example you mentioned Fierce God's Rising Assault, that's not EVA Down, same for Impale Charge, is Evasion and Shield Ban the correct description is used on Backbeard's Threatening Gaze. Another, Bottomless Swamp and Thorn Bind not EVA Down, both are Slow, the correct description is used on Planet Break.

One Million Amperes -> 100 Million Amperes (1億アンペア) [ Gallery ]
One Million Volts -> 1 Million Volts (100万ボルト)

Just so both use numbers in conformance with each other, this one has to have slipped from GoS.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:43:52 AM by Cjd2524 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Today's report:
シウコアトル  (Xiuhcoatl) has [◎火] instead of [◎ Fire]

シューラ・ヴァラ  Shula Vel has [Range Extension: Row (Medium)] instead [Range Extension: Row (Medium-)] ([範囲拡張:一列(中-)]) (missing a minus sign)

ゲイ・ボルグ  Gae Bolg has [Range Extension: Penetration (Medium)] instead of [Range Extension: Penetration (Medium-)] ([範囲拡張:貫通(中-)]) (missing a minus sign)

鬼神の魔槍  Fierce God's Demonic Spear has [Range Extension: Row (Low+)]  (a superfluous parenthesis sign)

クランボ  was translated as Gae Buide. I'm not sure was "Kurambo" stands for. The best thing i got is "Crambo", a dance.

草薙の剣  as Kusanagi instead Sword of Kusanagi.

ランス・オブ・ラピッドファイヤ  as Rapid Fire Lance instead of Lance of Rapid Fire (here i'm being rather literal with the translation)

アフリカ投げナイフ as Mambele. I'm almost sure NoR has it as African Throwing Knife

Just to be sure, 幻魔石 is Nightmare Stone, right? Maybe i made a mistake when copying from the JP wiki.

Yes that's Nightmare Stone, is only dropped by Master Fairy Mage (#208), can be synthesized of course.

クランボ = Crann-boi . Literally Yellow Hilt, seems to match the in-game illustration.

The Mambele has to be a carryover from GoS, I had lots of questions about that one and Darkonium Marisa, guess the first one was used to save space, and the second is supposed to be borrowed from some DQ localization where Madura(?)/Medulla(?) Slime (スライムマデュラ) became Darkonium Slime, however in DQ canon they're stated to be made from マデュライト material, which is the name used for their attack Medullite(?) Beam (マデュライトビーム), so having マデュラ = マデュライト is strange.

Shula Vel and Gae Bolg have to be wrong/outdated on the JP Wiki (Gallery), likely remains from v1.xx release, NoR wiki also has this problem, half the stuff is updated to v2.xx.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:01:51 AM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Great news. Validon do you know if there is a .csv that would detail Enemy Shield data ?, I am counting 39 Shields in DoD that are enemy only, including the elusive Ahoge.

I can't post screenshots ATM:

Earth's Crust Braclet -> Bracelet
Bestiary #588 Okuu -> Utsuho ( JP name is 空, while Okuu is usually おくう or お空 )
Shikigami Eirin's Passive Skills says "(...) Reduces chance of recieving fixed damage" -> it's actually Percentage Damage (there are three descriptions)

For the curious Eirin (LV.1) ○  Percentage Damage / Eirin (LV.50) ◎ Percentage Damage / Eirin (LV.73) ☆ Percentage Damage

Is  暗黒 (Ankoku) -> Galaxy (Amulet/+) a legit translation ?, I am confused because I think Galaxy is MYS usually.

Just checking back on this, the entry you are referring to is 銀河のアミュレット, which really is Galaxy Amulet. 暗黒の指輪 was translated as Darkness Ring, they are two separate items (the former is the "double circle resistance to Dark at cost of Light weakness" one, the latter is the "double circle resistance to Dark" one).

@False positives: I just translated what was in the files. If there's effects that aren't there, then I dunno, I just translated the descriptions as they came. I didn't add anything that wasn't already there.

Also, at this point, thinking about it, if you guys are finding all these typos, etc., I think I might just post all the files I've got finished (for all projects), and if you find anything, fix it, send it to me, and I'll make the insertions and repost (which won't be too bad since most of these are game.pak/game.tarc things, and it's a relatively small file). Doing this all myself has started to wear down on me and I could use the help (especially after doing all the NoR recently solo). If not, I'll just do it another time (sorry if I'm pushing it off, I've been busy IRL, with the LP, and finding time to play things on my own time, I sorta need a break from SB stuff after I'm done with the NoR LP).

EDIT: I should clarify that what I mean is that uh... well, think back to the original translation project, where TheNewGuy divvied up the files to people. Thankfully I've already done the translation part, it's just the proofreading I need help with (my Japanese isn't perfect for one, if anything all I'm doing is the rough draft, and hoping people with better knowledge/experience can buff up the rough parts).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:38:35 AM by Validon98 »

My fault about that one, should have taken screenshots but didn't have time, not sure what confused me.

Changes and suggestions are better being documented to prevent doing circular rollbacks, I end rechecking stuff I reported as fixes most of the time I pass over the same names while doing tables, is difficult to remember all the sources of the non-touhou references.

Not sure if correct but Forest Destroying Fan (モリオンオミクレーファン, PIC) is very likely a reference to Gunnm's Sachumodo "Morion Omichle" (モリオン・オミクレー), also refered as 分子崩煙 which coincides with the properties of Toyohime's fan.

Omikhle/Omichle is Fog or Mist in Greek, I am unsure of the meaning of Morion in this context, it doesn't help I know nothing about Toyohime (or Sachumodo), sorry.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:47:27 AM by Cjd2524 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
I was doing  progress on the wiki,

I thought someone could find this useful.

PASTEBIN ( DoD Festival to Banquet changes )

That's a mostly complete list of all the documented under the hood changes, likely a few are still missing or currently undocumented; open in notepad if text is garbled.

This thing will be useful later.

世界樹の鎧 as "Yggdrasil Armor", should be "World Tree Armor". On a sidenote, ユグドラシルメイス is accurate as "Yggdrasil Mace".

Spell 火の鳥 as "Phoenix", but wouldn't be better as "Fire Bird"?

Komachi's Higan Retour is described as all-targetting but it's single-targeting.

Backfire's Chaos Flare is described as all-targetting but it's single-targeting.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I'll have to fix Chaos Flare and Higan Retour (I know I fixed Higan Retour for Banquet, but I didn't carry that back to Festival yet, and I believe I forgot to do Chaos Flare).

I'm keeping "Sekaiju no Yoroi" as "Yggdrasil Armor" if only because of Etrian Odyssey's name. I know Sekaiju quite literally means World Tree, but in Japanese it almost never refers to anything else but Yggdrasil, so I think it's fine to keep that way. "Hinotori" should be Phoenix, as it typically refers to the Chinese phoenix Fenghuang.

EDIT: On the subject of "hinotori":

The manga "Phoenix" was originally "Hinotori" in Japanese, so the translation is accurate.

Not to mention "hinotori" was part of the translation of a formation you get from Mokou in Genius of Sappheiros, which almost certainly means Phoenix in that case.

EDIT2: Also, going into that change list, a number of shikigami gained Reckless Magic as a passive, as well as a critical hit rate boost to a specific element. Having tested with Marisa having Ran, the Reckless Magic passive applies to all elements, so that makes shikigami that now have that a fairly good one to have on (because when magic crits in this game it does insane damage, same idea when an elemental physical like the Hand attacks crit).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:24:26 PM by Validon98 »

Re: Touhou Gensoumaroku ~ The Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2016, 11:30:16 PM »
could someone help me, please?

I see there are some update patches with a X in the end. What it means?

Thank you.

EDIT: my programming skill is ZERO, but I have some experience in editing images, so, if you guys need help with images to be translated by editing, let me know and I'll do my best to help! I would like to see this being really neat, so, I'm also okay with editing some in-game silly/irrelevant stuff too :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:18:34 PM by Arukaizer »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2016, 12:53:18 AM »
All shikigami pages are finished and should be relevant to the Festival expansion, now i'll need to insert the data from the Banquet expansion.

Report:

Miko's (code-exclusive shikigami) ミラクルハンマー , translated as Magical Hammer, should be Miracle Hammer, unless it's a cultural reference. Best i have is a skill from the Tales series.

Otohime's 玉手箱 as Time Capsule, should be either Tamatebako (transliteration), or Treasure Box. Confusion may arise because of Tamatebako's origin legend.

センジュナマコちゃん as Senju Namako-tan, it should be -chan.

ポイズンブレス Poison Breath's description misses the part where it says it's an Earth-type physical attack (Its Dark-type counterpart デスブレス  Death Breath does not omit this part).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2016, 08:29:18 AM »
I PM'd a couple people, and none could help, so I apologize if this is somewhat OT but I dunno where else to ask (and the HME thread is DEAD, and I don't wanna make a whole thread just for 1 simple question)... now that the DoD translation patch is 3.0 and includes banquet... or festival.. or.. fuck, I seriously have a memory block on its naming things. (yes I know it's 'beta' for that version, I don't care, a simple UI translation is all that makes me happy)... where do I buy it? I tried melonbooks and dlsite and and... I WOULD ask nforza to help me again but currently I have a postal strike-ish thing going on that I don't want to risk trying my luck with... are there any means of buying this game at the current expansion online?

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »
From my understanding, melonbooks should have the latest version of the game. You could buy it there. It's cover does have 宴 (Banquet) kanji after all.

« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »
I managed to get Devil Decline from Melonbooks up and running without knowing any Japanese so I hope I can help a bit.

I think you know of the guides mentioned here:
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19715.0.html

In Melonbooks, the link to DOD is here:
http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000173058
Also some other Touhou games on Melonbooks that have translation to them:
http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000165852
http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000174945

Now if you try to install DOD or another Strawberry Bose game you tend to get this weird input screen. I'm still not sure what those fields mean but I managed to get past it with this combination:
-Some email like pattern                       (doesn't have to be and actual mail address)
-Also Some email like pattern maybe (I repeated the first one)
-Name                                                     
-password
-password repeat
-The input code, comes with the game purchase. If you have bought the game you should get it. If you are logged in on Melonbooks when you buy it you can retrieve it later by clicking on your name in the top left and then at then next to the box icon on the mid left.
It seems some of these values have to be unique event between different Strawberry Bose games you own, adding a 1 to every entry solved that for me.

The translation patch seems to work fine with the version there, tho I am still waiting for a story translation before proceeding.
Hope this helps, if you get stuck you'll probably have to ask someone with more knowledge :)

« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2016, 04:20:42 AM »
is the english project in progress? I mean, does anyone plans to translate the story? I see that the translation thread is dead for years now, though I'm not sure whether that thread is the official one, or this one.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:24:38 AM by Arukaizer »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2016, 12:29:58 PM »
This is the translation thread now. The story is slowly in progress. IIRC they finished 3/4 storylines, or almost have? And after that there's the expansion story. I don't think they did shikigami recruitment scenes yet from what I recall though, and that's probably even more text than the story.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore