Author Topic: Touhou Gensoumaroku ~ The Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch  (Read 129313 times)

Re: Touhou Gensoumaroku ~ The Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that no one has replied yet. Yes, we're planning on translating the character dialogues/main story text. Currently I and two other translators are working on the main story text.

However, I have no idea when the translation will be done and added to the English-language patch.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2015, 01:21:52 AM »
Speak of the devil, I was just thinking about this game last night. Was there some kind of post game after the final boss in the eng-patch version? I forget, I kinda stopped right near the end. not sure why, I didn't even try the final boss and get owned or anything, just...did... I just got some of the best end game gear and was no longer being 1shot by tanks and malboros and shit too lol.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2015, 06:43:24 PM »
Speak of the devil, I was just thinking about this game last night. Was there some kind of post game after the final boss in the eng-patch version?
Yep!
Spoiler:
The staircase on the third stratum where you could fight Suika/Yuugi before is now actual stairs, after beating the final boss. Also you can go to the boss room of each tower and recruit the three tower bosses as shikigami.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »
wow suprised to see english patch for DoD, thanks for the hard work!

i know i'm supposed to ask in DoD discussion thread but that thread is kinda dead so....where i can update matsuri to 2.11? I checked the official site and i only found the patch for normal DoD one
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2015, 04:02:35 PM »
where i can update matsuri to 2.11? I checked the official site and i only found the patch for normal DoD one
http://www.gensoukyou.org/support/update_2.html
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
Any updates, guys?
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2015, 10:09:11 PM »
There's work being done on the story behind the scenes. Eien's gotten Yukari's scenario done and I've begun working on making any formatting fixes so that the text doesn't flood out of the balloons. It's a slow process, but work is still being done. Sorry for the lack of word, the project's not dead, just getting stuff done in the background.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2015, 12:09:17 AM »
Oh, okay!
That's great! :D
I was just a little worried. :derp:
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2015, 12:51:18 PM »
really happy to see this project is still going, keep up the work guys <3

« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2016, 05:29:52 AM »
Update: I've translated Meiling's and Reimu's storylines. I'll be starting on Byakuren's storyline in the next few days, and I hope to have it done within 1-2 months at most.

Spoiler:
Meiling's storyline is really funny, with her threatening to use "Hong Kenpo" on enemies and stuff.

So yay! Project isn't dead.  :)

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2016, 01:07:10 PM »
Great! I was always planning to start with Meiling.

« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2016, 06:38:13 PM »
Update: I've translated Meiling's and Reimu's storylines. I'll be starting on Byakuren's storyline in the next few days, and I hope to have it done within 1-2 months at most.

Spoiler:
Meiling's storyline is really funny, with her threatening to use "Hong Kenpo" on enemies and stuff.

So yay! Project isn't dead.  :)

Thanks for the hard work!

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »
Thank you for doing kami-sama's work. There is hardly a feeling more devastating than finding a great Touhou game untranslated.

Can I ask whether the individual storylines will be released in separate patches?
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
it's been a while since I last posted here. I just want to say OMG THANK YOU! Really happy to see the project is still going and I'm still looking forward to the final version! ^^

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Another very minor name typo Eirin Yagakoro (PIC), last name should be Yagokoro, also present on the Shikigami select screen.

I'll look into "translating" the JP wiki as soon as I finish the game, the entry for Remilia on the english wiki is really barebones, most useful character by far, up to 210k EXP (325k with enhancements, LV 99 at ->10,000,000 = 30 fights roughtly).

OT, with Sappheiros V about to be released I wonder if DoD will get its own fourth edition with the usual enhancements.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
OT, with Sappheiros V about to be released I wonder if DoD will get its own fourth edition with the usual enhancements.
Unfortunately, just like GoS:V, it would likely be... well, V, as in Vita Only. DoD's third edition is already not being patched because of a different encryption type, DoD:V would assumably be even farther out of the question, even apart from the fact that the Vita isn't exactly popular in english-speaking countries from what I know.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I constantly hear how the vita is trash from local gamers...drives me nuts because while I'm aware it's trash in terms of sales... it's so fucking good to someone who enjoys JRPGS and doujin-style games...and it's not even expensive if you want to be cheap and get a pstv instead!

I hear the vita digital store is overpriced from some NON local people, but here in canada, I see vita titles on sale fairly often, and the discount %s are pretty respectable. For example I got dungeon travelers 2 for 60% off, and akibara's strip for 75% off, and had access to the neptunia series for 80% off but didn't need it, and operation abyss for 75-80% off (forgot what exactly), and and...just wait a few months, and any Japanese game you want will likely go on sale, and at a far bigger cut than anything nintendo (or even steam) will likely give so soon.. steam gives way more sales more often, and often at larger discounts. but for a north american doujin/japanese game fan, no darn way... Unless you want super swimsuit oppai loli kawaii hentai sakura swimsuit 6 or whatever. Steam has lots of those. No insult to fans of those, I see no shame in satisfying such needs on fictional mediums, but...uhh... maybe I said enough =P

Great Shock doesn't show status name upon infliction (PIC1), this is the status caused by the Plasma Knife, original here (PIC2).
Unfortunately, just like GoS:V, it would likely be... well, V, as in Vita Only...
From a quick look the best improvement seems to be the previously hidden extra information being exposed to the player, Skill Casting, Slayer (%), hidden properties, and probabily even more are now available for use to the player, without requiring the wiki. Stuff like this in DoD:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:36:31 AM by Cjd2524 »

Oh jeez.  I decided to check if DoD got picked back up again and saw that there was a bumped thread.  Jumped in and saw all the april 2015 posts thinking everything was new until I realized that was all last year and i'm an idiot.

That being said, seems like it's been a year now and there's still hope?  I'm really excited to see this getting work put into, just please stay motivated!!- just not at the cost of your own health of course..  If you really can't keep the patch going then nothing can be done, i'm just a huge fan that wishes to see more TH games translated.

Even if the patch is many years off, i'll be waiting for it.  Thanks so much to everyone involved.

Huitzilopochtli's Stare says "Petrify" on the description (PIC1) and then Instant Death on the Effect, it should be Instant Death on both (PIC2), these skills were as confusing in GoS I think Roar is also undefined.

Vaccum is not an alternative spelling, isn't it ? (PIC3), Vacuum Wave has no typos if so.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
While revisiting the Clock Tower of the End 1, i found:

(Note that the first message is the same for both filling and draining the water. The last image is just to tell that there are some translated messages)

Also on battle, the stats of weapons (to view your stats, press C):

Do the weapons data have anything that says "you're supposed to start a newline here"? Well either that or just skew a little the allowed character count.

Spoiler:
Can you tell i sligthly lowered the jpg quality to lower the image size?

I should make a quick replay to catch any other missed message.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Haven't said anything in a bit. No worries, I haven't abandoned this or anything. I'm mostly busy with college, otherwise I've got to do testing with the files I've been given by Eien to make sure they don't have line break issues, etc. Anything that's been posted I'm going to fix when it's time to do the big actual "here there be story" patch, which won't be for awhile, but I'll be sure to have everything mentioned here fixed. I don't like to be the guy who has to say things will be done or fixed "soon" or "eventually", but I just want to get everything done at once, even if that won't happen for awhile. I did get a message earlier from Eien that Byakuren's story is about halfway done, so that'll be it for the four main stories. Just expansion and shikigami recruitment stuff afterwards.

On the note of the messages in the first Clock Tower, the filling and draining messages I could not find anywhere in the files. If I had to guess, they're buried somewhere in all of the script files, but there's thousands of them with no hint as to which one has the right text, so I've somewhat given up on looking for them (I can theoretically look again through the global text dump to see if I'm just blind and missed very obvious messages).

As for the line breaks on the combat screen, I don't know how to fix that. Those line breaks are pretty much hard-coded in to happen after so many characters. The weird thing is that when printing to the screen, it just appends all three strings into one string and auto-line breaks. For Japanese that's fine, but for English, it doesn't work, and there's no way to fix it unless someone can somehow completely change how the game prints that text to the battle screen, which is presumably something that could be changed in the global.srb (since that file has a bunch of combat-related functions). It's odd because it only does that for weapon text, not skills.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Translation hype~

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Waitwaitwait i got it: The reason those messages can't be found is because their nature is different. Most messages are either fixed as unchanging points ("If player character reads this sign, then show the sign's message, and nothing else"), or either/or statements ("Does player have this one event item or plot flag? If true, then say 'Proceed'; else say 'Go elsewhere'"). But these actually change states of the game ("If you activate this, switch the Fill/Drain sprites, change water level, and then show the message that confirms the action", and "If (bool waterLevelUp==1), not a item or plot flag, then prevent entry and show message".

They'd be near the map functions that allow to ride a boat or turn on/off switches and the like.

On second though, i didn't make it easier at all.

Having trouble, the EX Final Boss is not being added to my Bestiary, according to the JP Wiki it should be placed between #503~517, any ideas ?, I don't think it's a Banquet addition because there are entries beyond #518.

Nothing is unlocked at all other than the ending ?, I would be grateful with the ability to remove my main character from the party since the story branch ended there but she is glued to my savefile, hope this is fixed in Banquet.

(Gallery #1) Composite Plate Armor vs Compound Plate MK.II Armor  [ Composite vs Component cable anyone ? ]

(Gallery #2) Hyper Fairy Mage currently says "High Power" Fairy Mage.

(Gallery #3) Ifrit's skill Roaring status says "Fall" should be normalized to Trip.

(PIC1) Terminate Shock status Instant Death is still in kanji.

(PIC2) While carrying a Pickaxe if you try to get another one this comes up, is this correct ?

Sorry for not posting a screenshot of the JP dialog, "any more space left?", don't tell me
Spoiler:
that's the joke

There is some status woes that I still can't determine if it is a bug with the game, another oversight on the game's part or is a problem with the translation (cloned/duplicated entries), I will check it later as I start writing the status tables but for now if someone want to take a look (WARNING SPOILERS):

Gallery #4: first same category name opposite effect, second same category name and description opposite effect.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 07:25:36 AM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I'm not really sure about the status effects. I'll post the cond.csv below if you want to give it a look-over. There are some status effects that have similar descriptions but I don't understand if they are meant to be equal/opposite each other or what. Unless for some reason Devil of Decline is the only game where Variety effects don't cancel opposites, but given they do that in Nightmare of Rebellion, safe to say it's weirdness with how they interact.

Speaking of NoR, I have been doing some work with that on the side. Can't do any actual physical changes to the game files for the same reasons as usual, but I'm working through making a spreadsheet of translations for putting up on the wiki or general reference. It's not top on my list of priorities, but I want to get that finished and posted some time within the month. Might as well mention it here while I can.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:45:56 PM by Validon98 »

I'll give a look to the .csv later, thanks. Opposites cancel each other in DoD even if only within the same category, I'll need to do first the tables for Status Category Flags, with respective hierarchies if any, that's the one that determine status override, overlap, immunity, etc.

TABLES [26-05-2015]:

PASTEBIN #1 Final Boss Gear Configuration [ Table to identify Final Boss # encounter, for easier Bestiary completion ]

PASTEBIN #2 Weapon Skills Table [ General info on Skills, rules, requirement, etc. not for real use ]

PASTEBIN #3 Weapon Skills Learning [ Specific requirements for sparking any Weapon skill with any character ]

The last serves as a guide, the second explains how the system works and is the base used to create the last.
Speaking of NoR, I have been doing some work with that on the side. Can't do any actual physical changes to the game files for the same reasons as usual, but I'm working through making a spreadsheet of translations for putting up on the wiki or general reference. It's not top on my list of priorities, but I want to get that finished and posted some time within the month. Might as well mention it here while I can.
I have been willing to translate some tables for NoR from the wiki, in terms of damage output NoR > GoS > DoD.

The damage calculation in DoD is baffling ( hit △ weakness -> x5+ damage ), it looks it has damage scaling (unlike GoS and NoR), so many weird decisions were taken for this game.

Lino Lyrac

• Colorful Shrine Maiden
  • Im a Colorful Shrine Maiden!
i would like to ask a question which is not relationated to the patch.... when i open the game suddenly i select the "Start Game" and only a black screen appears... sorry for not asking errors of the patch is just a different question
Tenshi adventures in Process!
(Also with hungry)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
It sounds most likely you have the append disk version, that is, you have the expansion upgrade edition that you have to install over the base game. It surprisingly will start by itself, but as you said... you hit start game and you don't actually get anywhere.

The status stuff is really complex, DoD sometimes uses an alternative naming scheme for directly opposite statuses, and different and sometimes unique Status names for the Menu Screen, e.g: Osendaku (Skill Name), Osendaku (in-Battle Status Name), Taboo Field (Menu Screen Name, here and nowhere else because).

GALLERY #1: Physical Damage Up & Physical Damage Down should be Physical Attack Up & Physical Attack Down

Names are 物理攻撃強化 & 物理攻撃低下, only status description references "Damage Up/Down" not status name, I imagine "damage" was used to avoid confusion with PATK Up. Suika's LW description is the same status but currently says "Physical Attack Enhancement", I suggest it gets consolidated.

GALLERY #2: all of those are Physical Defense Down instead of DEF Down, I don't have a snapshot but Strong Acid is too.

Bose used 防御低下 for some Menu descriptions instead of the full name 物理防御低下. The Secondary Stat nomenclature (PATK/DEF/MATK) needs to be switched in the description or it will lead to further confusion for everyone.

GALLERY #3: Armor Bless should be Physical Defense Up, Menu description says DEF Up but is not.

For Physical Buffs only Heat Weapon (PATK Up), Earth Wall (PDEF Up) and Mining Village Union (PDEF & MDEF Up) boost the Secondary Stats directly (+X), those are also unique buffs, the rest are -/+(%) based, no debuff is able to directly reduce a Secondary Stat other than RES.

GALLERY #4: ATK & PATK right next to each other (攻撃力)

Is there any reason for having both ATK & DEF and PATK & PDEF ?, I think this plagued GoS as well and seemed redundant, the latter is specific while the former reads ambiguously I always have to double-check. I am sure there are multiple instances of these even including statuses, I don't have a list now.

I am aware that translation wise some of the things I mentioned are not strictly correct.

Saving the Magic related ones for later.