Author Topic: General discussion on Card Games (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon TCG Magic and Vanguard)  (Read 14586 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
I really hate using the same thing everyone is using for some reason :P I don't have a functional physical deck atm, but on DN I mainly use a Constellar Xyz deck, a Machina/gadget deck centered around Solidarity, Gadjiltron dragon, and Machina fortress, plus all the rank 4, 5, 7 and 8 Machine xyz I can find a use for (hooray for the new Phantom Beast Plane rank 7 xyz! \o/), a Malefic deck with the Extra deck-based Malefics, Kaiser Colloseum and Meklord emperors, then lastly a mashed Machine deck that is pretty much a messy combination of all Machine-themed deck above :V

They all used to be pretty fun to use, as they're consistent enough over the long term (although it does lack draw power) and it keeps churning out really hard-hitting powerhouses, and also has the potential for OTK with creative use of Limiter Removal/Final Attack Orders/massive powerhouse spam, but lately all those control and rush decks have really turned things against those decks :\ Especially the Malefic deck, it's really hard to keep any of the field cards on the field for 2 turns without it being destroyed nowadays :V

You should try out Gimmick Puppets and go for rank 8's. Pretty much you use the Machina Engine to discard, and you can easily special the Gimmick Puppets which are level 8 and then you can overlay for any of the good rank 8's. It's hilarious and really fun.

And Malefics, I love that deck. But Malefic Drain is great and kills a good deal of the meta nowadays. It kills Prophecy if you run eradicator

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Well, I do have Heaven's String and Giant Grinder for my extra deck, but I don't use them that often cuz my deck is focused on power, not on control, and because Gadjiltron Dragons are the only lv8s I run in them :V Machina Cannons also put too much a strain on my hand, which already lacks drawing power, so I avoid running those. They would have made good Machina Armored Unit fodder, but they're semi-nomi, so...;_;

And yup, Malefic Drain is awesome, especially paired with a field-locking Kaiser Colosseum :V Sadly, Drain doesn't go well with my Meklord Emperors, which I added to the deck as back-ups in case my Malefics all die. And all those anime/manga-only Malefic cards look hella delicious too :< Also, my Malefic deck becomes sort of a punish-then-forget deck in group duels due to its vulnerability to destruction, but if I get out a Truth and land an attack everyone gets a massive slap to the face, so it's really fun to use in group plays :V There's still that little problem of sufficient draw power to get that much-needed Skill Drain into my hand, which I've been trying to work on (with all my decks lol). Actually, now that I think about it, Malefic Drain would be actually pretty solid against most deck in solo play. Maybe I thought it was fragile cuz at school I play a lot against Dark World, which does endless amounts of Graveyard-based destruction, and Alien, which can steal my Malefics :V They're both pretty hard counters to my deck, especially the Alien deck. If they manage to steal any of my Malefics at all I'm 3/4 screwed, and then almost certainly if the one they stole was a Truth :<
Also, I thought of a combo where you summon a regular Malefic, Veiler it, then normal a Malefic Gear and sync for Paradox (since neither Gear nor Paradox has the eff that prevents having multiple Malefics). Then, either ATTACK FOR MASSIVE DAMAGES, pop a Skill Drain to be able to keep both 'round, then xyz for ol' Gustav in MP2 and le punch for 2000 :V

Well, lately card game activity at my school dwindled, and all my YGO duels have been almost exclusively a guy running Dark World, so I'd be happy to duel any of ya guys on DN for a change :3 I might try out really stupid prototype decks against you guys too, as soon as I figure out a way to build a deck that centers around the Rocket Arrow Express :V
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

PX

• School Idol?
I'm up for matches on DN anytime, just hit me on IRC in #dots-meido, #motktown, or #scarlet-library
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:20:54 AM by PX »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I'm up for matches on DN anytime, just hit me on IRC

I need to learn how to do IRC.

Also, how does one run Watts? It feels like when I use them, I'm playing with kid gloves. Most of my victories are because I hit someone with mass removal like Torrential, and I don't need Watts to run that stuff.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:43:36 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

draganuv15

I need to learn how to do IRC.

Also, how does one run Watts? It feels like when I use them, I'm playing with kid gloves. Most of my victories are because I hit someone with mass removal like Torrential, and I don't need Watts to run that stuff.

You can check out the Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki for information on playstyle.
Watts usually have the ability to attack directly or twice during the battle phase with effects that activate after the battle phase, such as "Wattgiraffe" and "Wattsquirrel"
You can check out more here

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Endless Hunger: Vorlon Space looks to be your best bet for B5 CCG info.

http://b5ccg.mahasamatman.com/

They have a rule book PDF and a comprehensive card list for all editions, as well as a bunch of other nifty things. Give it a lookaround - the game is quite fun despite (because of?) how complicated it can be.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
You can check out the Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki for information on playstyle.
Watts usually have the ability to attack directly or twice during the battle phase with effects that activate after the battle phase, such as "Wattgiraffe" and "Wattsquirrel"
You can check out more here

I do use the wiki. A lot of their ideas are kinda lackluster though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

draganuv15

Also guys what is the IRC channel? Because I can post it on the first post and we can all talk about playing games on there.

PX

• School Idol?
Uhhh, let's just join #YGO-meido for Yugioh?

http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=YGO-meido

draganuv15

Yup, that sounds like a good meeting place, so if anyone wants to play a game with me or anyone else we'll be there.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
I love to play yugioh. I've been experimenting with a Gusto Deck for some time, and it's been great! That, and I'mma sucker for dem moe archetypes  :derp:

gammaraptor

Yeah so does anyone here play Vanguard? Going to be picking up a pale moon deck soon

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
Yeah, I still need to pick up two more Magilenes for my deck. Should be good with 2 Tiaramisus and Puddingcesses, but it's still not even formed into a deck yet. Guy I'm getting the common/rares from has played Madolches since they came out, so he's gonna give me some advice on what style to run.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I wish watt giraffe couldn't be targeted by effects. Most of the time, you try to use his effect, and they just spring their stuff on you anyway. He's cool the bait stuff out, but Watt isn't fast enough to use him as bait.

It's nice that he doesn't need anyone to be able to use it though. I could see him being used as a tech card in a future thunder light archetype.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:31:03 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

draganuv15

Just ordered a Demonic Lord Invasion booster box! I hope I can pull Tsukuyomi for my Oracle Think Tank deck...

gammaraptor

Just ordered a Demonic Lord Invasion booster box! I hope I can pull Tsukuyomi for my Oracle Think Tank deck...

Awesome man. You should do an unboxing video :P. I just love opening packs, it's actually such an addiction that I think it should be made illegal to sell these things to little kids lol. My friend is planning on buying 8 boxes of set 10 when they come out. Good luck, may the fourth be with you

draganuv15

Awesome man. You should do an unboxing video :P. I just love opening packs, it's actually such an addiction that I think it should be made illegal to sell these things to little kids lol. My friend is planning on buying 8 boxes of set 10 when they come out. Good luck, may the fourth be with you

I think the real kicker is I got it for ?3.39 :V althought I'm probably not going to do an unboxing since I don't have a good enough camera to do it :P

gammaraptor

I think the real kicker is I got it for ?3.39 :V althought I'm probably not going to do an unboxing since I don't have a good enough camera to do it :P

What the heck? That can't be right o.O I've never seen anyone sell a box for that cheap.

draganuv15

What the heck? That can't be right o.O I've never seen anyone sell a box for that cheap.
It said it was %94 off so I grabbed it before the price went up again :3 Hopefully it's a box and not an overpriced single pack.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Omigosh, the Phantom Beasts are out, and they look pretty awesome too :V :V Time to slap together a Phantom Beast deck pronto! I normally suck at putting together a deck just for Xyz and/or Synchro Summon, and all those tokens add quite a bit of level hax too, so this should be an interesting challenge!
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

Raitaki

• 雷滝
I must say, I kind of like them Phantom Beasts so far :3c Takes a bit of planning to set up field dominance, but once it manages to it's pretty darn solid, with a core xyz that doubles as a powerhouse, destroyer and staller, and all of the Phantom Beasts are pretty versatile too :V Token stampede really helps me stall A LOT, but keeping it around without some strong powerhouse around to glare down opp attacks makes it a bit Life-expensive to maintain :V If I manage to get out both Concordia and a token out, though, they become the perfect wall :3c

This deck has pretty good potential for Limiter Removal/Solidarity/Machine Assembly Line abuse, but consequentially it's pretty vulnerable to stuff like Kaiser Colosseum and Cyber Dragon/Chimertech Fortress too :V

gammaraptor

I've been playing a lot of rated DN lately, I'm up to around 1200 rating which puts me somewhere in top 3000. Lightsworns and lavals are too much fun. Maybe once I get 1400 I should stop...

draganuv15

Hurry up and come out here Genesis, I want to make an Artemis deck T_T_T_T_T