Author Topic: A Portal to Nico Nico Douga  (Read 9335 times)

tohosubs

• Admin: persceaux
A Portal to Nico Nico Douga
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:21:47 PM »
Expanded, reorganized, and moved to the /r/touhou wiki for ease of organization.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:46:15 PM by tohosubs »
English subtitles for Touhou derivative works from Nico, translated and reprinted on YouTube with the creators' permission. The admin is a native JP/EN speaker.
/r/touhou wiki's Nico Portal

Re: A portal to Nico Nico Douga
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
Thanks for your work :)

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »
I actually use Pixiv Translation Plus (Greasemonkey script) to navigate myself trough Nicodouga. Before the update the most recent site update it was also easy to do a quick search, where several "tags" would pop up. Anyway, I'd recommend using it for the site (and any other Japanese site with tags). It is extremely helpful, and much better than those independent English tags on the English version of the site.

Anyway, also useful, I guess:
野生のZUN
ZUN絵
東方再翻訳
東方曲○○風アレンジリンク
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:42:29 PM by Quwanti »

tohosubs

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
I actually use Pixiv Translation Plus (Greasemonkey script) to navigate myself trough Nicodouga. Before the update the most recent site update it was also easy to do a quick search, where several "tags" would pop up. Anyway, I'd recommend using it for the site (and any other Japanese site with tags). It is extremely helpful, and much better than those independent English tags on the English version of the site.
Man, this sounds awesome, but I can't get it to translate any tag on Nico Douga, and barely any on Nico Seiga. It's true, the best thing would be to have something like this working well for Nico and to throw translations into a database....

Anyway, also useful, I guess:
野生のZUN
ZUN絵
東方再翻訳
東方曲○○風アレンジリンク
I'll add these. Thanks! [edit] Except 東方再翻訳 is like the most useless thing for non-speakers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:50:08 AM by tohosubs »
English subtitles for Touhou derivative works from Nico, translated and reprinted on YouTube with the creators' permission. The admin is a native JP/EN speaker.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 03:38:38 PM »
Pretty good list, so many things to watch, I need weeks with 14 days ;O
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Power

• The power is within you. :D
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 07:29:27 AM »
You might want to add the gensouhairi(幻想入り) tag.  Overall though thanks for the long list for us english speaker and for translating touhou niconico videos for us. 

tohosubs

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 01:08:35 AM »
You might want to add the gensouhairi(幻想入り) tag.  Overall though thanks for the long list for us english speaker and for translating touhou niconico videos for us.

Added. Thanks!

kitslol

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »
Nice work OP, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Paz legalces

• Namusan
  • Howdy, I am Potato
    • Touhou Project FB
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Wow, this list is nothing short of amazing :O
*Instant bookmark*
Thanks a lot sir!
...watching all of this though will be quite problematic with Nico's quality time span :P

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »
That's a nice list.
I didn't see the ☢caution!!☢ tag for Utsuo fans so I add it up here. ^^
Also, using the Japanese name of any game or even fan game will usually brings you video of that game.

You can wish for anything!

tohosubs

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 04:01:56 AM »
I didn't see the ☢caution!!☢ tag for Utsuo fans so I add it up here. ^^

Updated. Thanks!

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 05:17:38 AM »
Uh, I`m sorry if this is not where it`s supposed to be.

Two finds that I wanted to kind of share.

One is a 14 minute, 21 MIDI? ear-copied medley.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2515783

The other is a mini-project they have with various artists. I don`t know if they still are working on it, and/or if it`s just a compilation or a actual project.
(So it`s not a single circle.)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8341816

Credit to: GreatPaperWolf

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 08:31:36 PM »

Two finds that I wanted to kind of share.

One is a 14 minute, 21 MIDI? ear-copied medley.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2515783

The other is a mini-project they have with various artists. I don`t know if they still are working on it, and/or if it`s just a compilation or a actual project.
(So it`s not a single circle.)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8341816

After reading descriptions and tag, the first video is under the samidare tag.
Basically, (assuming my translation capacoty didn't fail me) a samidare are midis of touhou music done by hear, trying to get as closs as possible to the original.
Fist link is a video of such a samidare where the author made a medley of 21 touhou melody which also include at least 3 ending themes at the end.
The video was apparently popular enough to generate related videos and by extension a tag, the Touhou 21 songs medley.

About the second link, basically, there was a project where people posted their own videos which must follow a specific theme :
starting and ending with a circle (Japanese version mention the term "Baton Pass)".
Afterward, they were made into a single video and music was added.
Interestingly, said video also have the samidare tag. ^^
Perhaps that for details it would be better to ask the person directly so here is its nico nico profile page :
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/1680428

Also, welcome here. ^^
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:33:26 PM by Mew seeker »

You can wish for anything!

tohosubs

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 02:19:45 AM »

Good finds! I want to encourage more people to look through Nico for its many, many gems, so this sort of discussion is very welcome.

After reading descriptions and tag, the first video is under the samidare tag.
Basically, (assuming my translation capacoty didn't fail me) a samidare are midis of touhou music done by hear, trying to get as closs as possible to the original.[/url].

Actually, samidare is the name of a Nico user who has submitted many ear-copied midi Touhou songs as well as some original songs. The music medley in the second video was also by him, hence the tag.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 02:15:46 AM »
This is incredibly helpful. I'm posting here in case you'll update it sometime. Sorry if you hate 14 day bumps.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »
This post is really full of information that it is relevant for a lot of Touhou-addicted fans and it seems that it can be updated infinitely. Should it become a sticky post in this section?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22817212

This got uploaded a couple of days ago and it is absolutely amazing.