Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364541 times)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
« Reply #840 on: February 01, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »
I believe the difficulty just comes from the raw stats of the weapons alone, notice how all the boss weapons has crazy accuracy modifiers?

Also, if anyone got a save that has access to lunatic, can you please post it up somehow so I can play it?  cause mine will not unlock.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #841 on: February 03, 2018, 10:58:25 PM »
Wow, the Horai Doll + Yuyuko  early morale (power) boost was certainly nerfed for this last game, though I definitely understand the reasoning. 

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #842 on: February 08, 2018, 12:25:16 AM »
Wow, the Horai Doll + Yuyuko  early morale (power) boost was certainly nerfed for this last game, though I definitely understand the reasoning.

It still works pretty good, still means about a full SP refill for Yuyuko.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #843 on: February 11, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »
It still works pretty good, still means about a full SP refill for Yuyuko.

The Horai dolls have less SP than they did in the last stage of FMW 3.  They each seem to lack 35-40 SP compared to then, which still comes out to one extra morale boost from Yuyuko----just not much more SP to spare this time around.   At least the bug where new dolls spawned with 0 SP (if summoned after one was destroyed) was fixed in the last one.

Also, I updated the friendship list on Akurasu based on the changes and new characters listed on Page 16.  Are they still the same in the current patch of Dream as they were in that patch?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #844 on: February 13, 2018, 02:37:14 AM »
The Horai dolls have less SP than they did in the last stage of FMW 3.  They each seem to lack 35-40 SP compared to then, which still comes out to one extra morale boost from Yuyuko----just not much more SP to spare this time around.   At least the bug where new dolls spawned with 0 SP (if summoned after one was destroyed) was fixed in the last one.

Also, I updated the friendship list on Akurasu based on the changes and new characters listed on Page 16.  Are they still the same in the current patch of Dream as they were in that patch?

It still sufficient for the combo to still be effective.
It's a shame that Mokou crashing for Yuyu to eat free SP is not as viable anymore since bosses are much beefy.  Also, Mokou auto dies to Yumeko card 1, so that is not pleasant in my book, kek.

Shanghai dolls remain the most effective distractions up to the final stage of the game still.  During Arriving Sacred Beast, spawn 2 or 3 dolls, use Kaguya's global grit skill and watch the entire enemy phase do 10 damage the whole way, and only 2 dolls die.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2018, 11:11:40 PM »
It still sufficient for the combo to still be effective.
It's a shame that Mokou crashing for Yuyu to eat free SP is not as viable anymore since bosses are much beefy.  Also, Mokou auto dies to Yumeko card 1, so that is not pleasant in my book, kek.

Shanghai dolls remain the most effective distractions up to the final stage of the game still.  During Arriving Sacred Beast, spawn 2 or 3 dolls, use Kaguya's global grit skill and watch the entire enemy phase do 10 damage the whole way, and only 2 dolls die.

Thanks for the tip, though it will be quite a while till I get to the last stage to try it out.

Edit:  Hey, I'm finally up to 10 posts.  Time to pick a profile pic.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #846 on: February 20, 2018, 09:15:12 AM »
Any tips you can give about facing the Makai bugs (7000 HP from Hard-basic) in stage 65?  Or just 65 in general?

I didn't see anything about double posting in the forum rules, so I assume it's alright if it's on-topic.

« Reply #847 on: February 20, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »
give the keystone that you get from beating tenshi to your best attacker so that they can ignore the barriers. also use attacks with barrier pierce like malice cannon and most finishers.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #848 on: February 24, 2018, 01:55:49 AM »
Any tips you can give about facing the Makai bugs (7000 HP from Hard-basic) in stage 65?  Or just 65 in general?

I didn't see anything about double posting in the forum rules, so I assume it's alright if it's on-topic.

What makai bugs, I just warp my whole party to beat Yumeko in 5 turns. :v

But yeah, any shield piercing move works on them.

The recent V1.2.0 patch only released in C93 is apparently a rehash of the Yorihime Moon saga, this time with Yume Mechanics, and you have every recruitable character.  You can piss off Yorihime as usual, but this time, in addition to boosted stats, she also go to Level 99, AND gains Yumeko's Double Attack (再攻撃L1), meaning she become her own cover attack, and that is hella scary cause you cannot Support Defend that shit.  During the Moon chase, Toyohime joins in for the fun, and shoots her Ideon Gun, fun stuff.  Hope they release the patch for everyone soon.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:58:48 AM by c l e a r »

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #849 on: February 24, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »
What makai bugs, I just warp my whole party to beat Yumeko in 5 turns. :v

But yeah, any shield piercing move works on them.

The recent V1.2.0 patch only released in C93 is apparently a rehash of the Yorihime Moon saga, this time with Yume Mechanics, and you have every recruitable character.  You can piss off Yorihime as usual, but this time, in addition to boosted stats, she also go to Level 99, AND gains Yumeko's Double Attack (再攻撃L1), meaning she become her own cover attack, and that is hella scary cause you cannot Support Defend that shit.  During the Moon chase, Toyohime joins in for the fun, and shoots her Ideon Gun, fun stuff.  Hope they release the patch for everyone soon.

I sent Flan with the rock down to hold off most of those bugs (since she can actually damage them good even at low morale).  They would have been hell if they swarmed my main force along with Yumeko.  She pretty much reaching my units by turn two and forced me to use both Kaguya's Grit PS and Nue's confusion to have everyone survive that turn.  Had to completely ignore the second spell card, but everything else went smoothly and I finished by turn 6.

That sounds like it will be interesting, if it releases.  Scary, but interesting.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #850 on: February 24, 2018, 11:50:26 PM »
I sent Flan with the rock down to hold off most of those bugs (since she can actually damage them good even at low morale).  They would have been hell if they swarmed my main force along with Yumeko.  She pretty much reaching my units by turn two and forced me to use both Kaguya's Grit PS and Nue's confusion to have everyone survive that turn.  Had to completely ignore the second spell card, but everything else went smoothly and I finished by turn 6.

That sounds like it will be interesting, if it releases.  Scary, but interesting.

With any map with Yukari and Aya at disposal, and if the Skill Point does not require me do anything odd (mostly for speed), I ignore most of the mobs, and do any morale boosting on my own (Hourai Crash + Yuyuko Dance, and Meirin Sister MAP Morale boost), then I shove everyone onto the ship, and warp straight to the boss.  In Yume, I do this for Meeko 1, Koishi, Yumeko, Catfish, Nightmare, and Yuuka.  Ship Warping has a niche is, if combo'd with Yukari's Hide command,  if there is no other units very near the opponent, they will not turn on their initial danmaku fields.  This is very apparently with Catfish, as his initial field has a huge demerit on stats.  It also makes positioning against Yuuka much easier cause she still uses the old Master Spark MAP on approach.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #851 on: February 25, 2018, 03:06:06 AM »
With any map with Yukari and Aya at disposal, and if the Skill Point does not require me do anything odd (mostly for speed), I ignore most of the mobs, and do any morale boosting on my own (Hourai Crash + Yuyuko Dance, and Meirin Sister MAP Morale boost), then I shove everyone onto the ship, and warp straight to the boss.  In Yume, I do this for Meeko 1, Koishi, Yumeko, Catfish, Nightmare, and Yuuka.  Ship Warping has a niche is, if combo'd with Yukari's Hide command,  if there is no other units very near the opponent, they will not turn on their initial danmaku fields.  This is very apparently with Catfish, as his initial field has a huge demerit on stats.  It also makes positioning against Yuuka much easier cause she still uses the old Master Spark MAP on approach.

I did use successfully use that strategy against Satori for the skill point, since I got tired of timed missions with danmaku fields as the main deterrent gimmick back when I couldn't beat Letty's stage with the skill point back in FMW 2 (after 4 separate attempts).   I just wanted to move on to the new units in FMW 4 at that point (just like I only wanted to get to the new units in FMW 3 after MOF's storyline concluded in 2------I was too impatient for Letty's skill point).  Only skill point I've missed so far......dammit Letty.     

(Yeah, I'm using "skill point' here, since calling both the extra requirement and the reward "WP points" gets a bit confusing to write about)

On the topic of the exclusive patch with revised Moon saga for FMW 3, is that related to the new stage they were apparently working (that you mentioned last page) or is that another thing entirely?

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #852 on: February 25, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
I did use successfully use that strategy against Satori for the skill point, since I got tired of timed missions with danmaku fields as the main deterrent gimmick back when I couldn't beat Letty's stage with the skill point back in FMW 2 (after 4 separate attempts).   I just wanted to move on to the new units in FMW 4 at that point (just like I only wanted to get to the new units in FMW 3 after MOF's storyline concluded in 2------I was too impatient for Letty's skill point).  Only skill point I've missed so far......dammit Letty.     

(Yeah, I'm using "skill point' here, since calling both the extra requirement and the reward "WP points" gets a bit confusing to write about)

On the topic of the exclusive patch with revised Moon saga for FMW 3, is that related to the new stage they were apparently working (that you mentioned last page) or is that another thing entirely?

It is an entire new series of extra stages on Yume, 3 Extra stages, from 47-49.  The difference is on 48, Yorihime has the boosts as I mentioned.  On 49, Toyohime joins in the fight, and if you remember how long that stage is (and as well as Toyohime's infinite range MAP), you will know how well that will go.  Toyohime will also cast her spell card in an event, where she will warp anyone in the danmaku field towards her when they end their action for the turn.  Her MAP will also strengthen to 5 squares wide in the duration of the spell.

However, you are allowed to deploy 80 cost for both the latter stages, as well as having 20 teams, so it gives room for creative combos.

EDIT: There is a hotpatch to unlock Lunatic until the special patch is available for everyone... a couple things I noticed.
The "Good" Fury AI is on Lunatic.  Wriggle tried to waste my Reimu hugging the ship which has Support Defend.
There are some oddities with them casting on Lunatic as well, Rumia seem to piss all of her SP on Hide for the first 2 turns...

I'm going for a no load full game Lunatic Clear, so every time I fail the 1st stage (both Flandre and Murasa died to a coin flip), I have to restart the whole thing again to upgrading everyone again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:22:41 AM by c l e a r »

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #853 on: February 28, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »
It is an entire new series of extra stages on Yume, 3 Extra stages, from 47-49.  The difference is on 48, Yorihime has the boosts as I mentioned.  On 49, Toyohime joins in the fight, and if you remember how long that stage is (and as well as Toyohime's infinite range MAP), you will know how well that will go.  Toyohime will also cast her spell card in an event, where she will warp anyone in the danmaku field towards her when they end their action for the turn.  Her MAP will also strengthen to 5 squares wide in the duration of the spell.

However, you are allowed to deploy 80 cost for both the latter stages, as well as having 20 teams, so it gives room for creative combos.

EDIT: There is a hotpatch to unlock Lunatic until the special patch is available for everyone... a couple things I noticed.
The "Good" Fury AI is on Lunatic.  Wriggle tried to waste my Reimu hugging the ship which has Support Defend.
There are some oddities with them casting on Lunatic as well, Rumia seem to piss all of her SP on Hide for the first 2 turns...

I'm going for a no load full game Lunatic Clear, so every time I fail the 1st stage (both Flandre and Murasa died to a coin flip), I have to restart the whole thing again to upgrading everyone again.

Is the new patch the 'owabi.zip' on their blog or is it somewhere else?  I didn't find it on either site that hosts the other patches or their Twitter.   I'm not sure why I want to download it, since I'm likely never going to put myself through that, but I'd like to have it.         Edit: Nope, Owabi.zip was three MP3's from the game, plus one other

Edit 2Sorry for the topic shift but: On Shinki's stage, is it worth taking down any of the bigger mooks at all or just advancing toward Shinki once the bats can't swarm you?  Yes, I can consider the Yukari/Aya strategy, but I'd rather try finishing the one I've started though I'm about at the point of starting over because of some things I forgot to do before starting the stage.

It's enough taking care of the bats (though Byakuren and Nue can each solo their sections) and holding off Yumeko until you can regroup, but the danmaku from the big Ghosts and Evil Eyes makes them just enough of a hassle consider downing----maybe after taking down Yumeko but before Shinki.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Is the new patch the 'owabi.zip' on their blog or is it somewhere else?  I didn't find it on either site that hosts the other patches or their Twitter.   I'm not sure why I want to download it, since I'm likely never going to put myself through that, but I'd like to have it.         Edit: Nope, Owabi.zip was three MP3's from the game, plus one other

Edit 2Sorry for the topic shift but: On Shinki's stage, is it worth taking down any of the bigger mooks at all or just advancing toward Shinki once the bats can't swarm you?  Yes, I can consider the Yukari/Aya strategy, but I'd rather try finishing the one I've started though I'm about at the point of starting over because of some things I forgot to do before starting the stage.

It's enough taking care of the bats (though Byakuren and Nue can each solo their sections) and holding off Yumeko until you can regroup, but the danmaku from the big Ghosts and Evil Eyes makes them just enough of a hassle consider downing----maybe after taking down Yumeko but before Shinki.

The giant evil eyes are a massive pain in the ass, and you cannot auto-death them with Yuyuko.  I actually recommend auto death passive on the 2 of the 4 big doofy ghosts since they have massive stats on Lunatic, and it will really save you the hassle of dealing with them.  I actually go clear out everything on Hard Challenge, just cause bats can, and will ruin plays, and you can always turtle and recover just before dealing with Shinki.  This is why I am thinking of using Waifu Kurumi, since infinite SP is a huge boon on Lunatic.

By the way, V1.21 is now officially out.

Accuracy... what are those?  (Hard Challenge Mode Yorihime)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:27:31 PM by c l e a r »

seki108

• Mecha lover
Well, had to give up on the skill point for that stage outright.  I couldn't get through the meatgrinder of the first part (bulky mooks, bats, and Yumeko) without expending too many resources to even survive the first turn of Shinki's third spell card.........and this is on the easiest Hard mode.   Why anyone thought Eiki Shiki or Shinki spamming MAPS for both of their attacks during certain Spells was good gameplay decision is beyond me.   

Not upgrading most of the bars beyond 5 (except MP) doesn't work quiet as well for this game.     

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Well, had to give up on the skill point for that stage outright.  I couldn't get through the meatgrinder of the first part (bulky mooks, bats, and Yumeko) without expending too many resources to even survive the first turn of Shinki's third spell card.........and this is on the easiest Hard mode.   Why anyone thought Eiki Shiki or Shinki spamming MAPS for both of their attacks during certain Spells was good gameplay decision is beyond me.   

Not upgrading most of the bars beyond 5 (except MP) doesn't work quiet as well for this game.     

Most of the time, you don't want to sit through any MAP phase.  Planning ahead, and using Alice dolls as distraction.  Eiki's MAP is very easy to avoid, save until her HP is at critical during "Bar of the Ten Kings", give the turn back to her, have your turn, take down "Last Judgment" right there, then Bomb in the middle of the forces to avoid her MAP during her final spell, no maps taken.

Shinki, on the other hand, is much harder.  Divine Lance is always her opener MAP until El Kanab (3rd Spell MAP), it has weird hitboxes, but it never kills since Shinki auto-casts Mercy.   On hard, it is possible to spawn a doll near Shinki, Divine Lance does not kill the doll, and she will always aim at Hourai Doll with her 2nd move.  It is the same way to avoid El Kanab (much more powerful and wider range), put Demon's Recitation to critical health, and break El Kanab at once.  Shinki will not use MAPs after she calls her final card.

For both of them, you can just use Kaguya's Grit PS to avoid a deadly MAP.  The Hide Command can also be used to save evasion units that got hit that does not have support defend.

You will find it such a nice way to cheese MAPs late game though since you got way more toys.  There is just so much options, but the way is pretty much, don't give them a turn on MAPs that will kill you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:27:48 AM by c l e a r »

seki108

• Mecha lover
Most of the time, you don't want to sit through any MAP phase.  Planning ahead, and using Alice dolls as distraction.  Eiki's MAP is very easy to avoid, save until her HP is at critical during "Bar of the Ten Kings", give the turn back to her, have your turn, take down "Last Judgment" right there, then Bomb in the middle of the forces to avoid her MAP during her final spell, no maps taken.

Shinki, on the other hand, is much harder.  Divine Lance is always her opener MAP until El Kanab (3rd Spell MAP), it has weird hitboxes, but it never kills since Shinki auto-casts Mercy.   On hard, it is possible to spawn a doll near Shinki, Divine Lance does not kill the doll, and she will always aim at Hourai Doll with her 2nd move.  It is the same way to avoid El Kanab (much more powerful and wider range), put Demon's Recitation to critical health, and break El Kanab at once.  Shinki will not use MAPs after she calls her final card.

For both of them, you can just use Kaguya's Grit PS to avoid a deadly MAP.  The Hide Command can also be used to save evasion units that got hit that does not have support defend.

You will find it such a nice way to cheese MAPs late game though since you got way more toys.  There is just so much options, but the way is pretty much, don't give them a turn on MAPs that will kill you.

That's pretty much what I did to avoid Eiki's two MAP wallop, though it took me by surprise the first time........especially since she powered up the first with Hot Blood.  I just wanted to note she use both moves for her MAPS at a certain point, since it just caught me so off guard that it's pretty ingrained in my memory.  It was fairly easy to counter, for the reasons you stated

I was going to use the Kaguya Invincible trick for any MAPs on Stage 68, but I had to use it to survive the first half of the stage............   It was a learning experience, overall.  Next time I do the stage, I'll probably be able to prepare better, first of which would be more weapon upgrades for the units I bring.   I keep forgetting this series is a good bit harder than any SRW game I've played and upgrading a bit beyond 4 for the weapon bars won't make the game boring........like I accidentally turned W into especially since it's so easy to begin with

seki108

• Mecha lover
While I am a bit off from trying the revised SSiB stages, I do want to ask ahead of time:  You don't have to fill out the entire scenario chart to unlock it, do you?  Even the stages from FMW 3 didn't transfer to the scenario chart in FMW4, though it looks like it's supposed to (all the music seemed to, but nothing in the library).
I ran the 1.2.1 changelog through a translator, and (naturally) the translation are a bit odd but it mentions the scenario chart in what looks to be the new bonus stages.

Also, out of curiosity, do you actually get to keep the SSiB trio as playable units during those chapters (and get to fight them with themselves)?  I kind of don't want to ask to keep it as a surprise, but I have to ask.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
While I am a bit off from trying the revised SSiB stages, I do want to ask ahead of time:  You don't have to fill out the entire scenario chart to unlock it, do you?  Even the stages from FMW 3 didn't transfer to the scenario chart in FMW4, though it looks like it's supposed to (all the music seemed to, but nothing in the library).
I ran the 1.2.1 changelog through a translator, and (naturally) the translation are a bit odd but it mentions the scenario chart in what looks to be the new bonus stages.

Also, out of curiosity, do you actually get to keep the SSiB trio as playable units during those chapters (and get to fight them with themselves)?  I kind of don't want to ask to keep it as a surprise, but I have to ask.

You cannot use any file that on a loop play through, it has to be a first playthrough, or transferred up from Ei.  No need to play every scenario up to this point, just clear the game.

The plot is pretty much: post game, Makura became curious about our adventures, so she sent everyone into a crazy dream to repeat the SSiB chapter, so she can see.
 They treated themselves as visitors from another world.  Eirin actually comes out to say hi to Yorihime, but like all 2hu situations, it is "shoot first, ask questions later".  Instead of talking down to Yorihime, Tenshi and Yuugi boasted about taking down a worthy opponent, and the Yorihime from our world agrees, and says that this is a good chance to test her strength.  She even has unique lines while engaging Yorihime of this world.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:37:37 AM by c l e a r »

seki108

• Mecha lover
So there is a translation patch for the last game now?  A partial one at least for the spell card effects.  At least I won't have to ask stuff about the last three stages assuming it works as intended

If you notice anything buggy or off, feel free to mention it (preferably in screenshot form). We're still working on it.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Does anyone have fully cleared system saves for the use of transfer in E (and perferably P/I as well)? I sort of want to get started with P immediately, but I don't want to miss out on the bonus from having cleared the other two routes and I'd much rather save them for when I want to replay the whole series again instead of blowing through them on Easy right now.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
I'm very busy these days, but I am working on a Lunatic save from the ground up, so I can fight Bonus Yorihime on Lunatic, cause game does not allow loop plays on FMW D to go to bonus stages.

So, I created an account just for this, I don't know if anyone will see it or read it, but.

I am having trouble with Nue the first time you encounter her in Yume, whenever I knock her down to her second Spell Card, and she uses it, it just freezes, the game doesn't freeze itself, it just stops running, the music is still playing, but I am unable to move anyone. I tried updating the game, but it doesn't work and just gives me an error, any help?

« Reply #865 on: August 25, 2018, 07:05:24 PM »
Any way to defeat the special Makai bugs in Chapter 67 that spawn when Shou and Nazrin reach the goal early?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #866 on: August 26, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
Hit them really hard

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #867 on: September 05, 2018, 11:29:06 PM »
Just curious:  If you start a "new game +" as Marisa, will she keep any of the added friendship bonuses with Alice, Nitori, and Patchi from the first run (if you transferred a Marisa save through all 4 games)?    There was probably a better way to word that, but I hope the jist of it came through.

« Reply #868 on: December 01, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »
Sanbondo seems to be making a new game, according to his twitter.

« Reply #869 on: December 01, 2018, 01:09:05 PM »
They're working on a complete version of GST, a compilation of all 4 games.