Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 241173 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #960 on: June 07, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »
It's worth considering lot2 already has some oddball characters we wouldn't have guessed be added if they weren't int he game already such as momiji and kasen.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #961 on: June 07, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
My brother loves Shou (and also her song) so he's already satisfied, but I need to see Hatate and Nue to be happy (Yes, Futo is not the only one I need to satisfy me).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:45:07 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #962 on: June 08, 2014, 04:21:22 AM »
...and I believe that we are about to hit the topic post limit. Figured that I should point this out.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #963 on: June 08, 2014, 08:08:10 AM »
So, the final sub gear on page 5...should I have gotten that after I beat the final boss?  Or is it after the strengthen version?

« Reply #964 on: June 08, 2014, 02:35:29 PM »
So I was thinking about if some characters were put in the plus disk (Not including those already confirmed obviously)
I only thought of spellcards and stat growths, skills would be a lot of effort for just speculation
So, anyway (I dont know how to spoiler pls halp)

Letty Whiterock
HP: B-  ATK: E  DEF: B-  MAG: B  MND: E  SPD: E  EVA: E
Spells - All spells use mag
Cold Sign: Cold Snap
Multi target weak cold damage, decent chance to inflict shock. Leveling up increases shock chance
Winter Sign: Flower Wither Away
Multi target weak nature damage, debuff to attack, magic and speed. Leveling increases debuff percentage
Mystic Sign: Table Turning
Multi target medium mystic damage, lowers timebar by 1/2 for random encounters, 1/8 for bosses. Leveling increases damage
White Sign: Undulation Ray
Single target strong cold damage, no extra effects. Leveling increases damage, lvl5 adds a chance to shock

Hatate Himekaidou
HP: E  ATK: B+  DEF: D-  MAG: E  MND: D-  SPD: A  EVA: A+ (Better than Chen/Aya)
Spells: All spells use atk
Continuous Shooting "Rapid Shot"
Single target medium wind damage,can't miss. Levelling increases damage
Far-sightedness "Tengu Psychography"
Single target medium dark damage, lowers mind and magic. Levelling increases debuff percentage
Photography "Full Panoramic Shot"
Single target medium spirit damage, lowers attack and defence. Levelling increases debuff percentage
Photography "Secluded Paparazzi"
Single target medium wind damage, lowers speed. Levelling greatly increases debuff percentage

Tewi Inaba
HP: B-  ATK: B  DEF: B-  MAG: C  MND: B  SPD: C+  EVA: C-
Spells: all spells are composite except ancient duper which is atk only
Ancient Duper
Row target high phys damage, low chance of small para. Levelling increases para chance.
Runaway Rabbit "Fluster Escape"
Multi target low phys damage, high chance of med para. Levelling increases damage
Rabbit Sign "Great Fortune Crest"
Single target healing spell that buffs defensive stats. Levelling increases buff

Medicine Melancholy
HP: D  ATK: E  DEF: D  MAG: B  MND: C  SPD: B  EVA: B
Spells: All use mag
Poison Sign "Nerve Poison"
Multi target medium nature damage, high chance of weak para. Levelling increases effect
Poison Sign "Melancholy Poison"
Same as nerve poison except inflicts silence and terror
Fog Sign "Gassing Garden"
Same as nerve poison except inflicts heavy
Poison Sign "Poison Breath"
Same as nerve poison except inflicts poison
Confusion "Into Delirium"
Single target high dark damage, medium chance of shock,levelling increases effect.

Ichirin Kumoi
HP: B  ATK: A  DEF: B  MAG: E  MND: B  SPD: D  EVA: 0 forever
Spells: All use atk
Iron Fist "An Unarguable Youkai Punch"
Single target high phys damage, high chance of shock. Levelling increases damage
Lightning "Electrified Nyuudou"
Single target high wind damage. Most accurate of ichirin's spells. Levelling decreases delay (Reduces delay by 1000 per level)
Fist Sign "Wind-Killing Confession"
Multi target high phys damage. Levelling increases damage
Barrage "King Kraken Strike"
Row target high cold damage. Levelling increases damage
Rage "Calamity Scolding Scorch"
Self max atk buff, debuffs speed and mind. Levelling decreases debuff percentages

Minamitsu Murasa
HP: A (Below komachi but still pretty high), ATK: D  DEF: B  MAG: E  MND: B+  SPD: Slightly slower than patchy  EVA: D
Spells: All composite
Ghost "Sinker Ghost"
Single target low cold damage, greatly reduces speed. Levelling increases debuff %
Flood "Venus of the Bilge"
Multi target healing spell, not that fab for healing but cures ailments. levelling increases healing
Harbor Sign "Phantom Ship Harbor"
Multi target low dark damage, completely bypasses defences

Well that's all for now :P

« Reply #965 on: June 08, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
So, the final sub gear on page 5...should I have gotten that after I beat the final boss?  Or is it after the strengthen version?

That's after the strengthened version. 

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #966 on: June 08, 2014, 11:06:34 PM »
Strengthen final boss complete.

And I still don't have the 3000 battles achievement.  Oh well, not gonna worry about it.  Now I need to decide if I'm going to do my random run next, or my Team 9 run.

Choices...

« Reply #967 on: June 09, 2014, 02:46:24 AM »
Hello again!

I beat the final boss on floor 20F, but I'm a little confused on where to start the post-game. The only thing that appears to have changed is getting an achievement (assuming the final boss always stays there like Maribel/Winner in LoT1 and I didn't glitch the game somehow). There's supposed to be a Boss Rush on Floor 20, but nothing appeared on my map? Was there something else I had to do?

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #968 on: June 09, 2014, 03:48:53 AM »
The boss rush is through the rock to the NE of the Depths waypoint.

You are also now able to pass by the rocks just SW of the final boss, which lead to the stairs to 21F.  There's not really much you can do there now though.

On 12F, you can now pass through some rocks you couldn't before.

On 16F-18F, there's a subquest to get the last two characters.  Once again, rocks lead the way.

« Reply #969 on: June 09, 2014, 03:58:56 AM »
I think you need to recruit everyone else aside from Renko and Maribel before the boss rush appears.  After the boss rush, you can fight stregthened versions of non-character bosses that are found at their respective area.  I think you will also fight the deformed bosses (Maribel's summons from LoT1).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #970 on: June 09, 2014, 04:33:27 AM »
I think the boss rush 20 levels higher than the final boss is the first/easiest thing to do. after that not sure.. strengthen bosses? The extra floors found from 12f are doable but pretty rough.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #971 on: June 09, 2014, 04:47:19 AM »
The extra floors found from 12f are doable but pretty rough.
Oh wow I wasn't even aware of these. I totally forgot about those rocks. I should try these out since I already ground up to like lv13x >_>; (It's not so bad when half your characters oneshot the encounters... and you start getting almost double exp from battle chains)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #972 on: June 09, 2014, 06:34:27 AM »
Well yeah i mean they are prettyrough at level 100 =p

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #973 on: June 09, 2014, 07:58:28 AM »
Even if they're recent, DDC characters might have some potential in terms of Spellcards and Skillsets.

Well the ones I can think of wouldn't work, but I'm sure there's something. Just give me Raiko at least. Party? Hell no! Raiko will be so good she'll march at the beat of her own drum!

I regret nothing.

Murasa would be nice. Dropping anchors on enemies sounds fun already.

Oh and Mima. Show some PC-98 some love devs.

AND GENJI!! HE CAN BE THE NEW TANK!!!

Now excuse me while I let myself out.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #974 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
Decided to do a Team 9 run.

Pretty sure I need to beat 6F Tenshi.

Edit:  Uhhh...I just loaded my finished save to check Tenshi's bestiary entry, and when I loaded my Team 9 save, it gave me both Deformed Boss achievements.  And now, even when I close out and reload from scratch, it still gives me the achievements, as though loading my old save irrevocably changed something.

Anyone know which file houses the achievements?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:24:50 AM by Hawk »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #975 on: June 09, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
Well yeah i mean they are prettyrough at level 100 =p
Oh, I was talking about grinding on 20f to gain tons of levels being not too bad! Since I've been doing that and then dropping two people to lv1 to cheese most of the strengthened bosses >_> I did a few of them fairly, and then went "YEAH I don't feel like changing up my party for these, cheese time."

Not to mention a few of them just seem obscene at the challenge level.

e:These extra floors are very difficult to handle simply from battle to battle even now... were you using Kaguya to wipe them all or something
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:40:38 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #976 on: June 09, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does the enhancer's percentage heal skill when buffed work with ran's super fast arithmetic skill?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #977 on: June 09, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
No kaggy. Just was fighting them like bosses kinda where i would buff and stuff. I didnt complete them though i just went right, explored most of the area to grab all the treasures then decided i was doing the wrong postgame content first.

« Reply #978 on: June 09, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does the enhancer's percentage heal skill when buffed work with ran's super fast arithmetic skill?

From what I read, it works at regularly with the vanguard and half efficiency for the reserves.

« Reply #979 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:48 PM »
The boss rush is through the rock to the NE of the Depths waypoint.

You are also now able to pass by the rocks just SW of the final boss, which lead to the stairs to 21F.  There's not really much you can do there now though.

On 12F, you can now pass through some rocks you couldn't before.

On 16F-18F, there's a subquest to get the last two characters.  Once again, rocks lead the way.

Thank you for answering! However, I'm not sure where these rocks on 20F are? Here's a picture of my map:

The only rock that hasn't been passed through is the 88 achievement one, and nothing new has appeared. I have all characters besides Maribel and Renko.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #980 on: June 09, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »
Rocks on 12f not 20f

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #981 on: June 09, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
No, there are rocks on 20F (as well as 12F).  My guess is that you're not fully up to date.  Remember that the translation patch will list you as 1.203(?) even if you haven't patched up to there yet.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #982 on: June 09, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »
@ Kirin no Sora I personally would rather have Hatate be a magic attacker than physical attacker.
 Axel Ryman Anything but Mima pls. It must be Yumemi, the superior PC-98. YOU ALL KNOW SCIENCE IS TRUE POWER.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #983 on: June 09, 2014, 11:58:37 PM »
No, there are rocks on 20F (as well as 12F).  My guess is that you're not fully up to date.  Remember that the translation patch will list you as 1.203(?) even if you haven't patched up to there yet.

Well you see... I can see on your map that you have already explored beyond both the 20f rocks so err. Yeah

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #984 on: June 10, 2014, 12:56:14 AM »
Well you see... I can see on your map that you have already explored beyond both the 20f rocks so err. Yeah

You never saw my map.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #985 on: June 10, 2014, 02:44:16 AM »
Sorry to be a bother but can I still ask LoT1 questions here?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #986 on: June 10, 2014, 02:51:50 AM »
Yes you can.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #987 on: June 10, 2014, 03:03:07 AM »
I don't understand how you're supposed to do the postgame magatama/mirror fights. Mirror resists everything on not-kaguya that can get through it's def/mnd (which flandre still can't pull off herself at max buffs, 40 levels overleveled) and I've only just become able to even hope of doing the magatama, but I have to manage to land several def debuffs in a row (which it heavily resists) and then hope the fight goes well because it's certainly not won yet.

Do I really have to just give up and use Kaguya? That seems like a really lame solution. Even with Shikieki I think the Mirror resists, although maybe she'd be fine due to sheer power? (I'm not using her, but I might mega-pump her for this and then reincarnation it off, if she can allow me to do both bosses. I know I'll have to pull out Tenshi for the strengthened Azure Giant and Memorized Knowledge)

You never saw my map.

And the answer is...

...yes, you passed through all the 20f rocks already. I'm not sure what you're confused about.

Sorry to be a bother but can I still ask LoT1 questions here?
'course!

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #988 on: June 10, 2014, 03:26:21 AM »
...yes, you passed through all the 20f rocks already. I'm not sure what you're confused about.

suzushinayuriko asked where the 20F rocks were.  I was showing them.  That's all there is to it.

Regarding those bosses, you should just go ahead and ignore the challenge levels period.  They're entirely irrelevant.  You just need to grind more.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #989 on: June 10, 2014, 03:34:51 AM »
This might be a bit odd but I'm about to get the game from Melonbooks DL and I see that I can buy the normal, + and special disk. The + is cheaper so I'm guessing it's just an update expansion, but the special disk is a bit more then the normal version. Do I have to buy all three or can I just buy the special disk and have all the content?

Second question, I watched a few lets plays, and played the demo (not all the way but just enough to know, I REALLY WANNA PLAY!) and seen that you gain skill points after each battle and can use those points to increase characters stats. What would be a good way to use those points? Should I avoid giving points to someone who doesn't use that stat like Remilia and Mag? (Although I see that Curse gives Mag a 60% boost but no attacks that use it as a damage modifier.) (Oh I already know about EVA, made that mistake in the demo.)
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~