Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 241540 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
I think this mirror might be the hardest boss in the whole game, even the Strengthen Final Boss is not that hard. Where else could you find an enemy with super-high defence, super-high damage and no elemental vulnerabilities whatsoever (and it's not even NEUTRAL like the final boss, it RESISTS everything).

Those emerald nuts at 8F and 9F extra area has something to say, that god damn high DEF and MND (somehow only some characters' DEF and MND ignoring skill works, while some doesn't, might be a bug), if this strengthen mirror boss has that kind of DEF and MND along with those 16F extra nut eater's SPD. :ohdear:

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »
Those emerald nuts at 8F and 9F extra area has something to say, that god damn high DEF and MND (somehow only some characters' DEF and MND ignoring skill works, while some doesn't, might be a bug), if this strengthen mirror boss has that kind of DEF and MND along with those 16F extra nut eater's SPD. :ohdear:
It's probably a bug but I just interpret those Nuts as immune to all Magic damage. But they sure are annoying as hell. I usually end up just poisoning them then having someone do the 1 damage needed to kill them, if Eiki is out of MP / back in Gensokyo.

In my experience, once it reaches around 50% HP, its nukes get way, way more powerful. Before that they are not that dangerous and Reimu with barrier and healing can neutralize them.
You really need to rush to kill it once it gets past this point, but because it's so hard to damage, it becomes a serious problem. You really need luck with this one, if it uses its nuke twice in a row you're screwed, if it doesn't you may have a chance. :V
Speaking of luck, I won this fight basically by Flower Shot repeating TEN times while the mirror had silence status on it (thank you, extra attack). I don't think I could have managed it without that. So yeah.
I'm likely going to just return to exploring the extra areas. I can sort of grind as I go kind of thing, since my main reason for wanting to beat the 20F Strengthen Bosses was to get to fight Staring Igamaruji, which was to get Renko, which was to get Maribel, so I can get past the rock that needed all 48 characters.

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
They're not really that high, -50% debuff against +100% buffs makes them pretty vulnerable, Yuuka did around 200k damage to everyone per Beauty of Nature. And they don't do that much damage. Still, those cookies are definitely the hardest of the 4 extra bosses, pretty much because the other three are just trivial. Well, the 16F one seems hard until you realise that
Spoiler:
he gets weaker with less crystals alive and you can rush-nuke them (Flan's Laevateinn + Marisa's Master Spark were enough to wipe every crystal except the fire one, and the fire one is the least troublesome one since it has fairly low defense and it just does damage and nothing else), making him very very easy
This is far, far lower than mirror's DEF/MND, since even -50% defense debuffs against +100% attack buffs are not guaranteed to pierce their defence.[/s]
Oh, you're about the regular enemies. I don't know, Sakuya murders them alright. The nut eaters are a pain, I employed super-over-speeded Renko (Maintenance is awesome) just to Galaxy Stop them to hell :V
And the mirror isn't very fast (at least something that's not totally ridiculous about this boss), the magatama, however, is, and it regens, but the regen is weak and it's vulnerable to dark *insert Flandre laugh*
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 03:16:54 PM by Solmyr2000 »

« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
Ya, I know Sakuya and Eiki works, I was shocked that my Monk sub class Suika and Yuugi used the DEF ignoring skill and did 0 damage, I mean they had at least 98k ATK. :V

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2013, 04:40:57 PM »
Ya, I know Sakuya and Eiki works, I was shocked that my Monk sub class Suika and Yuugi used the DEF ignoring skill and did 0 damage, I mean they had at least 98k ATK. :V
I just tried it, it did 0 damage too.
It's a Nature skill, they have a star resistance there, maybe they are just COMPLETELY immune to nature? While it does pierce DEF/MND, it doesn't pierce affinity, so just maybe that's the reason  :V
Same goes for physical, they also have a star resist and every other element deals at least SOME damage, but nature and physical always deal 0.
Oh wait, no, physical-elemental Misdirection still does some (a very low amount, but still) damage, so maybe it's just nature.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:48:52 PM by Solmyr2000 »

« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
I just tried it, it did 0 damage too.
It's a Nature skill, they have a star resistance there, maybe they are just COMPLETELY immune to nature? While it does pierce DEF/MND, it doesn't pierce affinity, so just maybe that's the reason  :V
Same goes for physical, they also have a star resist and every other element deals at least SOME damage, but nature and physical always deal 0.
Oh wait, no, physical-elemental Misdirection still does some (a very low amount, but still) damage, so maybe it's just nature.

Looks like 98k ATK stat is not enough to cover a star resist for those Nuts. :ohdear:

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
Looks like 98k ATK stat is not enough to cover a star resist for those Nuts. :ohdear:
If they have some kind of -1 resist which just nullifies all damage, no amount of ATK may be enough  :V

« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
If they have some kind of -1 resist which just nullifies all damage, no amount of ATK may be enough  :V

Just tested again, needed like 50% ATK buff and some DEF debuff on them to do decent damage, damn these Nuts are tough. :o

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »
So, can someone tell me how I can get past this boulder on F17, to get to that boss which is possibly
Spoiler:
one of the 3 bosses to get Renko
?
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6223/y1s3.png

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2013, 06:12:04 PM »
So, can someone tell me how I can get past this boulder on F17, to get to that boss which is possibly
Spoiler:
one of the 3 bosses to get Renko
?
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6223/y1s3.png
You need to beat 6 strengthen bosses.

« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
For some reason i cannot reach the stairs in the 5F level. I have defeated the Siren, but 3 explanation points are blocking my way.
Someone help me please :(
(I know you guys already at higher floors but i started playing just recently)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:05:12 PM by Septhimus »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
For some reason i cannot reach the stairs in the 5F level. I have defeated the Siren, but 3 explanation points are blocking my way.

Did you recruit Minoriko yet? Because you need her to bypass a certain barrier on that floor.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
Has someone found 12 Stones Of Awakening? I only found 3. Sorry for bad English, I'm Argentinian  :3
Mwahahahahha!

Koog

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
You have to start Satori's quest and kill the boss on 5F, it's an event that involves Rin. After defeating it you can go through those explanation points, I know it because it happened to me.
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2013, 09:51:24 PM »
You have to start Satori's quest and kill the boss on 5F, it's an event that involves Rin. After defeating it you can go through those explanation points, I know it because it happened to me.
Thanks for helping me! ^.^
There is just one little problem left. I have no event left in 5F, and i cant find Satori anywhere. But i remember that i had a Rin-event in the past, in previous floors. :(
Did you recruit Minoriko yet? Because you need her to bypass a certain barrier on that floor.
I think i already recuited every possible character up to 4F including Minoriko, also explored the whole level except the part where the stairs, which i cannot reach.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:06:01 PM by Septhimus »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2013, 10:28:33 PM »
Has someone found 12 Stones Of Awakening? I only found 3. Sorry for bad English, I'm Argentinian  :3
They're not hard to miss at all, but you can get some of them only from the extra areas, which (I'm pretty sure) require you to beat the final boss. If you have beaten the game and have access to the extra areas and have only 3 stones in total, I'd suggest going back to collect all the treasures you missed ;)

Unless of course you mean you have missed 3 and have the other 10. Then I'd say beat the final boss and start looking at the extra areas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:30:21 PM by Xarizzar95 »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2013, 10:36:29 PM »
Ten can be found before the final boss, the last two are in the extra areas, on 11F and 10F, IIRC.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Koog

« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2013, 02:52:47 AM »
Thanks for helping me! ^.^
There is just one little problem left. I have no event left in 5F, and i cant find Satori anywhere. But i remember that i had a Rin-event in the past, in previous floors.
There are some stairs that lead to section in 4F with an event with Satori in it, it starts the events of recruiting Satori, Rin and Utsuho. Later, a boss event on 5F and 6F, which involve Rin and Utsuho respectively. Defeating the 5F boss let's you move on to the rest of the floor.
Ten can be found before the final boss, the last two are in the extra areas, on 11F and 10F, IIRC.
I've already defeated the final boss, and I've found a stone of awakening on the extra area of 11F, I've got another question, how do I go through the rock on 11F extra area that blocks the way to the rest of the floor.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:47:24 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2013, 03:25:30 AM »
There's a blue switch in the southwest. Flip that and you'll be able to get back the rock.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »

So, that means that the Jewel of Greater Awakening is accessible now, which would allow for everyone to have a subclass to work with.

Does anyone have said item already?

Also, although this is kinda unrelated, is anyone going to finish putting in the data for the level up rate of the remaining characters? (I can name Chen, Nitori, and Parsee as characters that don't even have numbers listed in that area, and that's just on the first page of recruitable characters.) I figure that I should point that out, since we have had plenty of time to find out about said rates and all...
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2013, 12:33:56 AM »
I have the Jewel of Greater Awakening. SUBCLASSES FOR EVERYONE!
Although, it seems as if what it essentially does is make it so that you don't use up Stones when you give out subclasses. This actually means that resetting someone will actually give you back Stones you never used, which... just means you'll have a steadily increasing Stone supply if you reset and switch out subclasses often. ^^;

Koog

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »
Found two more 10F extra 11F (I was more interested in getting Eirin/Reisen and go through the stairs).
Now, I've found 5 of 12. Someone remembers in which floors have you found Stones of Awakening?
Mwahahahahha!

jaxter0987

« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2013, 02:36:13 AM »
Also, although this is kinda unrelated, is anyone going to finish putting in the data for the level up rate of the remaining characters? (I can name Chen, Nitori, and Parsee as characters that don't even have numbers listed in that area, and that's just on the first page of recruitable characters.) I figure that I should point that out, since we have had plenty of time to find out about said rates and all...
I've never known how level up rates were calculated and never bothered to figure it out since it didn't matter to me. To reiterate from an earlier discussion about LoT1, I honestly think caring about level up rates is bogus in a game where you grind so much. Although LoT2 was much better about it, there was still some grinding involved.

That said though, I'm pretty sure the level up rates were taken from the Japanese wiki.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2013, 03:12:33 AM »
I, too, have the jewel of greater awakening.  After you get all 12 stones, when you give a subclass to someone, the number of stones you have left just stops decreasing, which is amazing.

Also, about the grinding topic... Well, if you make a balanced team and learn well its strategy, I can assure you, you can complete the main storyline with no grinding that is worth mentioning in a jRPG that is hard, with few exceptions, like
Spoiler:
Memorized Knowledge in which you need a character to keep inflicting Shock on it, or you can just use Mokou or Kasen
. I'm pretty sure Atlus has made some very good jRPGs in which you need more grinding than that. But then, the grinding in LoT1 is just unbearable. After total 230+ hours of playing that game, I'll give it that.

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2013, 06:24:50 AM »
This actually means that resetting someone will actually give you back Stones you never used, which... just means you'll have a steadily increasing Stone supply if you reset and switch out subclasses often. ^^;
Not really, it'll stop increasing once it hits 12.

But then, the grinding in LoT1 is just unbearable.
Eh, I didn't grind at all until the final boss AFAIR. Well, I might have, but it was minimal enough that I don't even remember it.
Same goes for LoT 2. Actually, after I got Yuuka I just breezed through the rest of the game until the extra part obviously. She pretty much pwned every single boss by herself.
Spoiler:
I mean, my tactic of beating the Dragon/Azure Giant/Yuyuko/Taur Magician/20F mirror/magatama - flower shot, flower shot, flower shot, flower shot (repeat as many times as needed), it dies  :V The Final Boss is pretty similar, but it's Hexer's defence debuff instead of flower shot.

Spoiler:
What IS (well, was) unbearable is grinding for Iron to make Kusanagi in GoS.

Also,
Spoiler:
Losing is Fun
, and by grinding you're avoiding that, that's no good. Barely winning by flawless strategy/luck is very awesome. Most midgame bosses are like that. Sadly, that doesn't last for long.  :V
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:17:32 AM by Solmyr2000 »

jaxter0987

« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2013, 07:17:18 AM »
I'm going to concede a little bit in that level up rates matter more in LoT2 since faster levels means more skill points you can spend earlier. That said though, I still think its not enough to actually take level up rates into consideration when forming a team.

Been exploring the extra areas and I'm not excited about 14F extra area having holes. It doesn't seem like its going to get complicated but I never really liked the gimmick.

« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2013, 07:23:41 AM »
Been exploring the extra areas and I'm not excited about 14F extra area having holes. It doesn't seem like its going to get complicated but I never really liked the gimmick.

I find holes better than needing the correct temperature one, less thinking. :V

« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
In lot1 I remember grinding for 18F (lv90) and 20F (lv120) bosses but the latter was faster and more rewarding, forgot about post-game I only did it once and I won't do it again.
In lot2 since I got slow level up rate characters I grinded until everyone in my party reach the recommended level but the kill streak system keep it entertaining.

I wouldn't play lot1 again because it lacks level down and bonus stats reset.

The temperature system of 13-14F is fun ! I took a piece of paper and barely drew the map with orbs and barriers while enjoying the bgm (which sadly reset after every random encounter).
14F Extra is just boring there are holes and you just get into every of them until the map is complete.
It's just tedious.
Spoiler:
Also something extremely annoying is when you have to go back to normal 14F and set a certain temperature to make an orb spawn, how are we supposed to discover that (thanks to the guy here -though I don't remember who and am actually to lazy to check- saying he got his answer on jp bbs I had to check there too since jp wiki is/was not updated), next spoiler telling you which ?C are needed it might helps.
Spoiler:
14F 72?C
Spoiler:
15F 54?C

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
Spoiler:
Also something extremely annoying is when you have to go back to normal 14F and set a certain temperature to make an orb spawn, how are we supposed to discover that (thanks to the guy here -though I don't remember who and am actually to lazy to check- saying he got his answer on jp bbs I had to check there too since jp wiki is/was not updated), next spoiler telling you which ?C are needed it might helps.
Spoiler:
14F 72?C
Spoiler:
15F 54?C

Spoiler:
That would be me (it's not a direct answer from the link to the forum on jap wiki, but it did allow me to confirm my thought was correct) and IIRC it's just the 2 orbs near the 14F center-west checkpoint not the temperature (somehow can't get it to work again in 1.203 and that annoying 14F extra checkpoint disappearing bug when you reset the floor's temperature got fixed too, someone else will have to check it).

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2013, 10:07:25 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/?z8s0dzkh8s0nw8k
All images are in there, extracted by Qaz from patch 1.151 (it still has Renko and Maribel with full and small portraits)

Thanks, m8

Here's the full thing if anyone wants.
(http://www.mediafire.com/download/5pnxoh24gv504rb/LoT2+CharaGraph+for+LoT1.rar)