Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F  (Read 241186 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -12F
« Reply #930 on: June 06, 2014, 03:54:37 PM »
9f rocks require a variety of things. Mostly bp on several characters iirc. Check out the wiki for how to receuit yuuka to see.
11f rocks, dont remember which they are.

And there are countless ways medecine could be different. Having the same role doesnt really mean much. I mean china and momiji and tenshi are all tanks but they are plenty different. Medecine might debuff stats as well as cause psn. Or she might be less (or more but prob less) tanky, perhaps her poison is less potent but also has arm twisting enabling her to poison vietually anything. Theres just too many possibiliies to list. I just want another top tier psn user who has something different to offer if wriggle doesnt seem like a good fit for your current party setup.

« Reply #931 on: June 06, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »
Oh, so the green circles work like that. Thanks.
When I said "rocks on 11F", I meant the circles  :blush:
Sorry for causing confusion lols.
Also, I see what you mean.

« Reply #932 on: June 06, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
Something I can actually see Koishi do as a gimmick is suddenly performing one of her spellcards at random each 10k time bar and having her other personal skills revolve around that.

Not sure about  this but it seems they aren't particularly using Koakuma or Daiyousei because they aren't exactly officially named characters as more they are fan-named.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #933 on: June 06, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »
Oh man...

Well, I was getting frustrated with the sigil bosses on 20F, so I thought I'd try this whole "Diva" thing people have been talking about.

So I beat them both without them getting to move.  Then I beat the slurping worm at level 95 without it getting to move.  Then I beat the final boss (at the same level) without it getting to move.  And then I beat the boss rush with only 1 of the bosses getting to move because I'm an idiot.

Holy shit.  Nothing has ever been more broken in these games.  Forget banning Kasen or Nitori--they're small fry compared to the wrath that is Diva Aya.

That said, this is my opportunity to actually use the broken things, since I certainly won't allow myself to once I start whatever run I'm going to do next.  So whatever.

Entering 21F asserts and crashes.  I assume I've done something terrible with patching, but I copied over all the files, so I'm not sure what.

Time to grind!

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #934 on: June 06, 2014, 05:24:41 PM »
http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/

Futo has been confirmed for Append Disk!

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #935 on: June 06, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
1. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
2. She's far less loli than her official representation in Hopeless Masquerade would imply. :(

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #936 on: June 06, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »
Translation of the blog post

Monotobe no Futo

Futo-chan

She has high Attack, Defense and Speed, but the rest is lower, she is suited to be a Middle to Rear Guard attacker.
Her abilities aren't as strong as Hijiri,  but
after she learns the ability [Stacked Pile of Poisonous Plates], every time she uses a spell in battle
her [Eighty Sake Cup] will increases its stack by 1.

For every stack of her [Eighty Sake Cup],
she will deal more damage and take reduce damage.
Using Concentrate will consume a stack to restore herself
and give her attacks various ailment effects. (not sure about this)

In addition, when she learns the skill [邇藝速日命に捧ぐ神事の皿],
she will gain the ability [Recover MP for every stack of Eighty Sake Cup,
and gain increased damage reduction, and will go down to 1 HP if hit by a fatal attack].
And with the skill [大物主大神に捧ぐ神事の皿], she will gain the effect
[Recover HP for every stack on Eighty Sake Cup, and gain increased damage dealt]

However, she will only be able to benefit from [邇藝速日命に捧ぐ神事の皿] or
[大物主大神に捧ぐ神事の皿] at a time.
What Futo-chan will be will depend on your party composition.

(We'll translate the skill names once we have the game)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:01:09 PM by Kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #937 on: June 06, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »
Apparently she seems to have an altered version of Fighting Spirit except it will be consumed when you use concentrate to restore her HP(?) as an emergency charge while the stacks can either increase HP regeneration per turn + damage or MP + guts.  From the description of her stats, she seems like a moderate survivability or a semi-glass cannon of a sort, at least initially.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #938 on: June 06, 2014, 06:52:25 PM »
It should be noted Futo should use her own spells to increase the stack, instead of something like subclass spells.

By accumulating "Eighty Sake Cups", Futo can do various things such as :
Dealing more damage, reducing received damage by using up a stack, using up all stacks to heal herself when she Concentrates,
changing single-target attacks to all-target attacks, or increasing the number of status ailments she inflicts with spells.
Usually, the Japanese language don't really differentiate between plural and single, so the last 2 could mean slightly different things.

The two skills should be
Ritual Plate offered to Nigihayahi no Mitoko
Ritual Plate offered to Oomononushi no Ookami

Nigihayahi no Mitoko said to be the founder of the Mononobe clan who descended from the skies, riding the Ame no Iwafune.

I can't really find the relation between Oomononushi and Futo, if there is one.
This god is the same god that appears in the legend of the White Hare of Inaba, if it is supposed to mean anything. Probably nothing.

I don't really like Japanese gods. They are headaches.

And her abilities aren't as strong as Shou's.
Signature

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #939 on: June 06, 2014, 07:06:45 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, Futo is in Lot2 expansion, weeee!

And this Futo art is a million times better than HM art, honestly. I don't like her HM art at all.

@ Ghaleon Oh pls, we all know that was Nue. *disapproving stare*

Also, since people are talkin  about LoT2 possible character ideas, I decided to just make a paste of my ideas. http://pastebin.com/X555WiL1

A lot easier that way.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #940 on: June 06, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
The two skills should be
Ritual Plate offered to Nigihayahi no Mitoko
Ritual Plate offered to Oomononushi no Ookami

Nigihayahi no Mitoko said to be the founder of the Mononobe clan who descended from the skies, riding the Ame no Iwafune.

I can't really find the relation between Oomononushi and Futo, if there is one.
This god is the same god that appears in the legend of the White Hare of Inaba, if it is supposed to mean anything. Probably nothing.

The only link I see is that Oomononushi is a Shinto deity and the Mononobe clan was a Shinto clan as well.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #941 on: June 06, 2014, 08:17:12 PM »

@ Ghaleon Oh pls, we all know that was Nue. *disapproving stare*

Every new Touhou game MUST have some crazy nutjob mima conspiracy theorist, since this thread seems to have none, it looks like I have to step up to be that person.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #942 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »
Every new Touhou game MUST have some crazy nutjob mima conspiracy theorist, since this thread seems to have none, it looks like I have to step up to be that person.

But what about Shinki?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #943 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:32 PM »
"Oomononushi's Dinner" was Futo's last spell card on all difficulties in TD. Dunno about other connections, of course.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #944 on: June 07, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
"Oomononushi's Dinner" was Futo's last spell card on all difficulties in TD. Dunno about other connections, of course.
The spellcard is named Oomonoimi (大物忌) while this skill is Oomononushi (大物主). It doesn't seem to be an alternative title either.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #945 on: June 07, 2014, 04:52:06 AM »
Huh.

My Gambler Flan just killed herself with Starbow Break.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #946 on: June 07, 2014, 05:19:18 AM »
That happens when Flandre has exactly the same amount of HP she is going to lose. Small bug.
The bug can be reproduced quite easily by having Flandre shoot Lv.5 Starbow Break 5 times, with her max HP being a multiple of 5.
Signature

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #947 on: June 07, 2014, 05:28:13 AM »
Interesting.

Is there any way to farm Kanenoki Kabans, Small Discount Sets, or Weekly Item Discovery Dens?  I've beaten it and I only have 5, 10, and 9 respectively.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #948 on: June 07, 2014, 05:37:46 AM »
Sorry but what was the name of that group that provided most (all? doubt it) of Lot1s free music? I wanna check out their stuff and potentially use it myself for something.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #949 on: June 07, 2014, 06:05:23 AM »
Signature

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #950 on: June 07, 2014, 06:15:28 AM »
yay thanks!

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #951 on: June 07, 2014, 06:24:41 AM »
Yay, a birthday gift, Futo confirmed!
Mwahahahahha!

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #952 on: June 07, 2014, 07:17:26 AM »
Translation of the blog post

Monotobe no Futo

Futo-chan

She has high Attack, Defense and Speed, but the rest is lower, she is suited to be a Middle to Rear Guard attacker.
Her abilities aren't as strong as Hijiri,  but
after she learns the ability [Stacked Pile of Poisonous Plates], every time she uses a spell in battle
her [Eighty Sake Cup] will increases its stack by 1.

For every stack of her [Eighty Sake Cup],
she will deal more damage and take reduce damage.
Using Concentrate will consume a stack to restore herself
and give her attacks various ailment effects. (not sure about this)

In addition, when she learns the skill [邇藝速日命に捧ぐ神事の皿],
she will gain the ability [Recover MP for every stack of Eighty Sake Cup,
and gain increased damage reduction, and will go down to 1 HP if hit by a fatal attack].
And with the skill [大物主大神に捧ぐ神事の皿], she will gain the effect
[Recover HP for every stack on Eighty Sake Cup, and gain increased damage dealt]

However, she will only be able to benefit from [邇藝速日命に捧ぐ神事の皿] or
[大物主大神に捧ぐ神事の皿] at a time.
What Futo-chan will be will depend on your party composition.

(We'll translate the skill names once we have the game)

You guys, you do know that if this girl is here, then Miko is obviously going to show up. I would actually be surprised if she didn't(and it could be that you would have to fight her as a boss, too).

Also, this increases the chances of a certain tanuki appearing as well, given that she came from the same game and that she's a popular character overall. Again, I would be surprised if she didn't show up.

The spellcard is named Oomonoimi (大物忌) while this skill is Oomononushi (大物主). It doesn't seem to be an alternative title either.

Maybe the game makers made an error in their writing or research of the character...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:20:20 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #953 on: June 07, 2014, 07:22:13 AM »
Shou and futo are probably like the 2 least interesting possible characters to be added from their respective games for me =P. But yeah, as someone pointed out 12 is enough that there's generally most of all of them to be added regardless so I'm not gonna complain unless hatate gets excluded completely again.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #954 on: June 07, 2014, 07:44:32 AM »
Personally, I would want the other Aki sister to be included in all this. I mean, it can't be hard to do so, seeing as "Falling Leaves of Madness" from the first game was Shizuha's spell, not Minoriko's(which is why the names were changed in LoT2), and she could be made as a naturally evasive nature mage(or bruiser, if I remember the comments for her "Falling Blast" spellcard from DS correctly) who can make everyone else more evasive as well.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #955 on: June 07, 2014, 09:41:13 AM »
I was playing a new save file and I accidentally saved it in my main save file which I spent 70+ hours on  :(
I am sad, very sad.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #956 on: June 07, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »
I was playing a new save file and I accidentally saved it in my main save file which I spent 70+ hours on  :(
I am sad, very sad.

That's a sad thing indeed. But at least there's something to be learned from it: Always keep a backup of your save-folder!

On another note: I've finally found out how exactly the "HP recovery" stat works, at least in conjunction with "Easygoing":
The amount of Recovery-stat you have gets doubled and the result is the amount of %-HP that is recovered upon concentrating.

It's really quite silly with Renko, who reached 25k HP at around lvl100 with 30 recovery stat for me. She's basically a sponge now that wrings itself out over and over again.
Lacks MP-recovery though and can't do much else this way. :V But I've also noticed that she and Mari aren't quite as good as I thought from reading about them here.

I've started post-game now and Mari is still really squishy (which is to be expected, but she can at least take Mystic, Dark and Spirit reasonably well for an offensive character) and doesn't really deal a whole lot of damage.
She's good at healing though, so that's a plus. But I also have Hina who can just debuff everything to hell and back, no matter the resistance so Mari's buff-flipping passive is not really all that useful to me.
Renko is kinda meh for me as well, considering that I always have Hina out which makes me reluctant to use Charge too much and Galaxy Stop seems to fail more often than not to do anything but reduce my own ATB.

This might also all just be caused by the fact that my core party of Hina, Yuuka, Moriya Clan and Rumia is just too good. (Or I just can't bother with changing my setup which consists of Hina in the left slot, who tanks everything thanks to Hexer-subclass giving passive recovery and being at effectively +100% all the time, Yuuka in second to left who tanks everything else that gets thrown out, deals consistently high damage and has good utility and the rightmost slot for Kanako 90% of the time with Suwako, Sanae, Rumia and Suika switching through the remaining one.

I'll see how everything works out now in post-game.

« Reply #957 on: June 07, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
Maribel I haven't gotten exactly good usage of myself yet though probably due to Nitori still overshadowing her  and her stats not fully developed though her damage is starting to come nicely. 

On the other hand, Renko was immediately useful to me thanks to her skill set.  Maintenance is the main one and because that you won't be using her for offensive purposes, she can be give purely defensive gears making her extremely tanky.  Also she has natural regeneration when she has Maribel on the field (not unlike Komachi) and can heal herself with concentration (not unlike Meiling) plus her presense gives ailment resistance to everyone else.  Charge is actually a pretty strong party buff and enhancer improves on it while reducing the charge damage infliction.  This is particularly important when you have two bosses' minion that can dispel everyone's buffs.

And with Futo being confirmed, that would mean TD's door are open.  Not sure about HM and DDC though.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #958 on: June 07, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
I think Kokoro has high chances but DDC characters don't have any chances.
Mwahahahahha!

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #959 on: June 07, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »
Kokoro isn't as new as the DDC, but she herself is somewhat new. So Kokoro is kind of borderline, if get what I mean.

I really don't see Shizuha or Kisume being added at all.

Letty is a weird one, but unlikely (same goes for Yamame), Koishi is a possible choice, and Miko seems really likely at this point. Maybe some other UFO characters (Minamitsu maybe?)

And of all the TD characters that could be added, I see Miko and Mamizou being the most likely.