Author Topic: Would anyone read this Zelda Touhou fanfic?  (Read 1813 times)

Would anyone read this Zelda Touhou fanfic?
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:01:32 AM »
Hey there everyone who bothers with this! A long time back, I made a Zelda Touhou fanfic, but no one read it and after the fourth chapter I didn't really like the direction it was going, but recently I've been thinking about it again and I was thinking I can really make it work now.

The plot would go along the lines of Keaton, the four tailed fox who's implied to be able to travel between worlds and is apparently a wise spirit, being Link's partner, and Link being there having to do with a split reality based on the introduction of Wind Waker mentioning something along the lines of the legend barely surviving on the wind's breath, while in Touhou, it's been mentioned that certain things that humans no longer believe in can end up in Gensokyo.

The power issue is probably something people will bring up, since a lot of people claim Touhou has the more powerful characters than any other series apparently and Link can't even fly or shoot projectiles nearly as fast, nor does he match up well in physical strength.
However, I disagree. With just roc's cape and a bow with one power up to shoot at least three arrows, as well as his bombs, sword and shield, he's already powerful enough to fight in one of the fighting games (with spell card rules in all cases of course though). Those are only three of his items.
With his sword charged to shoot lasers, his medallions, dins fire, and other items, he's clearly capable of danmaku, and with a combination of items, he's also capable of flight if you think about it. As for the plot... well, I'd rather not give too much away, but it has to do with him getting back his memory (of all previous Links before WW) and trying to get back to hyrule to stop the bad guy (plot not strongly revolving around Ganon or Yukari, of course, still involving them to some extent). I have a huge plot twist for the end (involving a lot of familiar things to people who have played a lot of Zelda games and the bad guy finally using the triforce successfully, which still doesn't give away much of  the ending at all of course).
Would anyone actually want to read something like this?

I forgot to mention, if I were to make this, Link would be around the age he was in Majora's Mask and will be able to talk with his personality being based half on the mangas with an on and off seriousness from recently gaining memories of previous lives.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:39:08 AM by KageTori »