Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347888 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #660 on: May 18, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »
The game shortcuts thcrap creates function pretty much the same as a hard patched game exe to the end user. It's not like you have to update the translations every time you run the game.
On the surface, yes it does. But I've heard my fair share of local vitrol about thcrap, ranging from complicated installation to not working on certain people's computers to being unnecessary bloatware to ugly-looking fonts to problems with portability and the necessity of reinstalling thcrap after copying the games to another PC (on top of ZUN's own portability problems), to lack of compatibility with other modifications such as vpatch to lack of compatibility with the Playism versions to huge chunks of ISC menus being untranslated months after release to it's existence killing the hard patch initiative. I'm pretty sure a huge portion of the fanbase would gladly give up the self-updating aspect just to have an actual hard patch, be it from a separate source or created with the use of some tool that would allow to convert thcrap into one.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:13:41 PM by Critz »

« Reply #661 on: May 18, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »
Well, I didn't expect such a strong reaction to my last post. Apparently, for me giving my honest opinion about a funneling technique that Nameless Legacy made to give himself power over the Touhou Community, I have been met with distaste from the community. But apparently, a man(?) who deliberately called his automatic patcher Thcrap because he "thought it would be a funny contrast to have a well-made piece of software with a name showing the developer's actual distaste for the subject matter" is apparently being accepted more and more by the community. How would ZUN feel if he knew that translation efforts by the english speaking community were being placed under the banner of "crap"? If I was a content creator like ZUN, I would find that pretty darn disrespectful.

For the record, I absolutely love all translators who work on anything to do with translating Touhou and helping it be brought to more cultures around the world. If people here felt that I was being insulting to translators who worked on stand along patches or the ones that go into thcrap (ugh! I hate even typing thcrap) then know that that was not my intention at all and that I apologies for misleading people into thinking that.

My point in short: Touhou patch center promised that "translation patches will match fan art speed". So far, they have failed. I'm not pointing this at the translators who contribute to Touhou patch center, Hakurei god bless them, I'm pointing at Nameless Legacy, his staff and his system he created.

But still, as of me writing this post, Touhou patch center took down the little English/American flags next to LoLK under "Languages with >95% coverage". I'm glad to see that perhaps my writings are prompting people to take necessary actions.

If you don't like it, do it yourself

I would **LOVE** to buddy, seriously, I would love to bring out a high quality, Japanese to English accurate, fan community loving and supported English patch. Some problems though:

*I don't know a lick of Japanese
*Writing scripts and codes for things is hard as hell to me. My coding assignments in high school computing needed some serious tutoring from my computing teacher since I couldn't figure heads or tails of anything.
*Hacking? Where do you learn that?
*I'm no expert on Japanese mythology

The best thing I can do is throw money at people who do actually have the skills necessary for a project like this. Not all of us are tech wizards in this world you know.

because you're an entitled bastard

Oh this is rich coming from someone who doesn't know a single thing about me personally. We appear to be reaching Youtube comment levels of mud slinging here. Something to truly be proud of on a dignified messaging board. I could be a careless brute and throw some insults back your way but I consider myself above all this trivial nonsense and blind slander.

huge chunks of ISC menus being untranslated months after release to it's existence killing the hard patch initiative.

My two personal nails on Touhou Patch centers well nailed down coffin. The ISC one in particular is a reason why we have gone a big step backwards in patching.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:39:25 PM by HalfGrand »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #662 on: May 18, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »
HalfGrand, let me be more direct: stop it now.

Would also be great if we could move beyond thcrap and talk about LoLK. My apologies for participating in the slight derail.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:02:03 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #663 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
Agreed!

Is that Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the stage 3 theme that I hear?

Wouldn't be the first time ZUN gets some inspiration for some of his music. Especially from Beethoven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdJnzJjC7Ew
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:09:21 PM by HalfGrand »

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #664 on: May 18, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
I'm familiar with the piece, trust me. I just don't hear it beyond some vague similarity. I would love to see someone do a side-by-side notation/chord comparison though.
Maybe one of us is going deaf, like Beethoven.

On an unrelated note, I propose a new nickname for Doremy Sweet: Satan Claus

No really, I can't count the times I died during her fight in Pointdevice mode. On Easy mode...

Tengukami

« Reply #665 on: May 18, 2015, 02:16:55 PM »
Maybe one of us is going deaf, like Beethoven.

Do feel free to put me in my place with an actual notation comparison. Otherwise, there's no reason to think either one of us is going deaf.

No really, I can't count the times I died during her fight in Pointdevice mode. On Easy mode...

I've pretty much abandoned pointdevice at this point. It's neat in the sense that it's like a quasi-Practice Mode, or even how it reminds me of the photog games. But man! You're right, even Easy Mode is punishing. I eagerly await what actual purpose pointdevice will have in the full version; how it pertains to the story and whatnot.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #666 on: May 18, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »
I've pretty much abandoned pointdevice at this point. It's neat in the sense that it's like a quasi-Practice Mode, or even how it reminds me of the photog games. But man! You're right, even Easy Mode is punishing. I eagerly await what actual purpose pointdevice will have in the full version; how it pertains to the story and whatnot.

To know true pleasure and satisfaction, you must first go through alot of pain.

When the full game is released, I look forward to my inevitable and countless defeats before I eventually become skilled enough to beat it and earn a legitimate replay that proves that I did indeed beat it.

Nothing is impossible. If there are people like Jaimers out there who breeze through it effortlessly, then we can as well.

« Reply #667 on: May 18, 2015, 03:04:44 PM »
For example, you manage to 1CC the game on pointdevice mode... but because you have tainted yourself with the ultramarine orb medicine that Eirin gave you to achieve your 1CC, the stage 6 boss could say something like "you are unworthy to face me in my truest form, impure one" when you beat her and you get a normal happy ending.

Could it be instead, that the subordinate of the culprit stops you from seeing the culprit on easy pointdevice or easy legacy mode?

Like Sakuya in Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil and Marisa in Story of the Eastern Wonderland.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #668 on: May 18, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »
Eternal Spring Dream chiptune mix thing. . Before anyone asks, I DO NOT CLAIM THIS AS MINE.

I think this is the first remix/arrange of LoLK's soundtrack on Youtube. Didn't bother checking Nico.
This one was a bit faster. Incredible speed.

« Reply #669 on: May 18, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »
Talking of the music, I've started working out the notation for September Pumpkin so I can play it on piano. It's immensely fun. The main theme is much easier than it sounds and it feels really awesome to play it at a good speed :)

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #670 on: May 18, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
Could it be instead, that the subordinate of the culprit stops you from seeing the culprit on easy pointdevice or easy legacy mode?

Like Sakuya in Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil and Marisa in Story of the Eastern Wonderland.

That has nothing to do with what Starx said. Besides, it doesn't make any more sense here than for any other game.

On another note, I think I understand why there's "Practice" in the menu, not "Stage Practice" and "Spell Practice". Odds are we'll be able to choose chapters. And since the stages are divided in chapters, and each nonspell and spellcard counts as a separate chapter, it'll do the job stage practice and spell practice did just fine. And in case of stage practice, even better than before.

« Reply #671 on: May 18, 2015, 08:19:08 PM »
On game modes: I'm pretty sure there will be no story or ending difference between two modes. It would force players to actually beat both, and I don't feel that was ZUN's intension.

On music: I don't like "music similarities" discussions. Whle exactly same melodies are indeed suspicious, getting, like, five or seven notes matching can be purely coincidential.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #672 on: May 18, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »
Re: Stage 3 theme, it doesn't sound like the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata to me, but I can see (heh) what people mean with the repeating triplets. Yann Tiersen was what actually came to mind first, but it wouldn't be surprising if ZUN took Beethoven as inspiration. The name "Moonlight" is quite fitting.

Re: Doremy Sweet
- The orbs on her dress and hand make me think of chocolate balls and a pastille, respectively. I blame her name.
- I finally figured out who Doremy reminds me of. I had an abridged version of Maeterlinck's The Blue Bird, and one of the places the protagonists visit is the Palace of Mother Night, who was illustrated as having dark blue hair and eyes, a pale face, and dark (black) clothing. She ruled over the Night (obviously), Darkness, Phantoms et al. and Sleep (and consequently, Dreams IIRC). Welp, she certainly left a mark on my then young, impressionable mind, but I digress. :V And I remembered this because of a recent dream I had, interestingly enough. Doremy, was that you?
- For the record, I don't find Doremy herself creepy. It was more of what she unconsciously reminded me of.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #673 on: May 18, 2015, 10:38:49 PM »
Doremy consciously reminded me of Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls. Maybe she's Bill's superior?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #674 on: May 18, 2015, 10:55:49 PM »
Doremy consciously reminded me of Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls. Maybe she's Bill's superior?

I didn't really think Bill was a master of dreams of anything. But now for some reason a TouhouxGravity Falls thing seems interesting. Damnit.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #675 on: May 19, 2015, 01:46:49 AM »
LoLK Stage 3 ≠ Moonlight Sonata

Aside from both pieces being in a minor key with a triplet feel over a common time signature, there's nothing melodic-wise the same.

Note by note comparison.

Formless God

« Reply #676 on: May 19, 2015, 03:03:31 AM »
Oh no he stole three notes from the beginning of Moonlight Sonata, what a disaster

But seriously, they only have the same feel, mood, that's it. Since people love to do this every time a game drops why don't we talk about how the stage 1 boss theme sounds like Old Yuanxian instead
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:06:42 AM by ayy lmao »

Tengukami

« Reply #677 on: May 19, 2015, 04:20:27 AM »
Thanks for the comparison, SirSlarty. As these "but ZUN is clearly ripping off [Song X]" discussions seem to always go in circles over who hears what, it's good to see it in black and white once and for all. Man, even the chords are completely different!

But seriously, they only have the same feel, mood, that's it. Since people love to do this every time a game drops why don't we talk about how the stage 1 boss theme sounds like Old Yuanxian instead

wtf zun is even ripping himself off!!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #678 on: May 19, 2015, 04:22:43 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #679 on: May 19, 2015, 05:08:57 AM »
the stage 2 theme of this game has a lot in common with the stage 2 theme of subterranean animism, in that both are good songs

« Reply #680 on: May 19, 2015, 05:09:52 AM »

I don't hear it.
Spoiler:
...unless that was the joke =P.

The only one I definitely hear is Eternal Spring Dream, which sound almost exactly like Winds of Agartha. Like, you could argue that Hartmann's Youkai sounds like U.N. Owen, but with this you can't even.

The first 24 seconds or so of Pumpkin of September also sound really familiar, but I can't remember where I've heard it before. It is a pretty simple melody though, so maybe I'm just remembering scales and arpeggios.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:28:59 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Formless God

« Reply #681 on: May 19, 2015, 05:55:11 AM »
It's just ~1 second at the beginning of chorus

« Reply #682 on: May 19, 2015, 06:10:52 AM »

The quote is weird, it is as if you quoted my quote and not my response. I did not say what you quoted, I responded to that.

« Reply #683 on: May 19, 2015, 06:27:54 AM »
Indeed, i just couldn't find it. Sorry.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

« Reply #684 on: May 19, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »
To me, Pumpkin of September's intro sounds simillar to Kanako's theme .

I also find it neat that when you fight Ringo, she sits in a simillar fashion as Kanako and not to mention you fight her in the same location.

« Reply #685 on: May 19, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
So after stage 3, are we officially on the moon? Or will the heroines go through some space route that'll lead them to the moon?

Cuz I would love a space stage, and the whole game is quite heavily implying that we are going to space. (Title song is translated to The Space Shrine Maiden Appears, and stage 4 song is translated to The Mysterious Shrine Maiden Flying Through Space. So wait, are we in space right now? Or are in the dream world? Is space the dream world? Huh?).

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #686 on: May 19, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »
Any thoughts on how the chaos in the Lunar Capital, plus the ensuing danmaku battles, may affect the Moon's purity? Here's hoping for a stage with blooming and colourful udonge trees in the background.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #687 on: May 19, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
Does Seiran have one or two hair bunches?

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #688 on: May 19, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »
Does Seiran have one or two hair bunches?

I'm guessing it's like a curly ponytail thing that probably held together by a small ribbon or something.

« Reply #689 on: May 19, 2015, 02:15:10 PM »
Any thoughts on how the chaos in the Lunar Capital, plus the ensuing danmaku battles, may affect the Moon's purity? Here's hoping for a stage with blooming and colourful udonge trees in the background.

Well the moon's purity can easily be affected if the culprit is a high ranking person, i'm betting it's the current Moon Princess ( cough cough not Usagi cough cough ) or someone of that jonhra.

Doremi or Ringo say something about a mad man.