Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 225850 times)

Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
Now that I know the name, yes that's the song that is playing. What happened to "Awakening Wolf's Instinct"? Also, haven't played a whole lot of StB, so I didn't recognize the theme, and the Tutti Sound version of it is horrible imo.

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2014, 08:05:23 PM »
Awakening Wolf's Instinct has never played yet in the game, and it got removed outright.

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »
I managed to beat Adrammelech without getting the error message on my 4th attempt, which really makes me think one of the skills it tries to use is the cause for it.

Misty Lake revisited: Cirno was missing all her summons apart from Chen, is this intended? Got to love these dead-weights in forced parties...

Also, after the events at Misty Lake, the speed bug hit again, this time slowing me down one notch. Sakuya was obviously in the party.

EDIT: ...and as I moved on, entering the SDM library got me stuck inside the wall.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 04:54:04 PM by Kaitani »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »
Again, that's bizarre seeing as I don't think it has anything that would deal with monsters. o_o;;

Ack! I forgot to remove Chen, she's not supposed to have any summons for obvious reasons.

Hmm...I'll check that, but that's weird. After the final events, it shouldn't have done anything with Sakuya in the party...

FFFFFF bugs...well, I'll fix that up and reupload for you to test again (I fixed the Poltergeist Mansion speed bug I think...so if you still have that save file, perhaps you can test that too when I reupload? Gonna need you to retest the Misty Lake one too as well as the SDM Library one when I get around to it)

« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
Yea I'm keeping separate save files for the parts that have unsolved issues, so it's quite simple for me to test those.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »
New update patch. What's new?

SDM teleport event to 2nd library after 2nd Misty Lake visit is fixed.
Misty Lake speed bug should be fixed now.
Poltergeist Mansion speed bug should be fixed now. In addition, can now change party members whenever up until 3rd boss fight.
There were a few other changes, but I can't seem to recall what they are...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7c8p3mki7md716i/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

EDIT - Not included in the patch, but will be included in the next update, are some new boss sprites for Chaos, Fate, and Order~

Courtesy of HyperCombinationFinish/AudioVisual~ Much thanks to you, my man! ^^
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:41:34 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
Both speed bugs were indeed fixed, nice work getting rid of them. :)
Entrance to the library seemed to work normally again as well.
Cirno still had the Chen summon, in case you forgot about it.
Did you have a look at the Adrammelech fight? Kind of hard to test if it's fixed or not since the error doesn't occur every time.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:45 PM »
The Chen summon is SUPPOSED to be removed during the event at Youkai Mountain before Misty Lake. Don't pay it any heed.

No, I haven't. I'm still confused as to what's going on there...

« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »
I've been stuck at Eientei for like 3 hours.

In the room with 3 jars I can't use the one on the left. It does nothing. The one in the middle only says " There is already something in here." and the one on the right has me place in one of a few items. None do anything.

And I can't figure out the invisible path puzzle.

« Reply #369 on: June 07, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »
For the 3 jars, you have to put certain items from your inventory into them. When you fill each jar with something you can leave the room. My guess is you don't have enough of any of the 3 items that go in the leftmost one.
As for the invisible path puzzle, just take your time to figure out the way to the top right room, then start the timer at the start and rush there.

« Reply #370 on: June 07, 2014, 09:18:41 PM »
For the 3 jars, you have to put certain items from your inventory into them. When you fill each jar with something you can leave the room. My guess is you don't have enough of any of the 3 items that go in the leftmost one.
As for the invisible path puzzle, just take your time to figure out the way to the top right room, then start the timer at the start and rush there.

Yeah. I only have the tents and megaelixer. as for the timer, there is none for me.... There was, but it vanished.

« Reply #371 on: June 07, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
I think I used Antidotes on one of the jars, 15 of them, 2 Tents for another and a pile of P's for the third, so you could go find a place to buy enough of those.
As for the timer, which vanishes when you run out of time, you have to re-enter to room to have it available again. You can only get the key while the timer is running.

« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »
I think I used Antidotes on one of the jars, 15 of them, 2 Tents for another and a pile of P's for the third, so you could go find a place to buy enough of those.
As for the timer, which vanishes when you run out of time, you have to re-enter to room to have it available again. You can only get the key while the timer is running.

I apologize, I misphrased it. It doesn't reappear, ever. I've left the room, and left Eientei. It doesn't come back...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »
...Did you step on the switch again? The switch is supposed to reset when the timer hits 0...

« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2014, 01:22:20 AM »
...Did you step on the switch again? The switch is supposed to reset when the timer hits 0...

There is no switch anymore. The first time I entered the room ever, it was there. Now, it's gone. There is no longer a switch there at all.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #375 on: June 08, 2014, 02:59:23 AM »
What? That's never happened to me before...I'mma have to have someone check that out since well...it's never happened before to me and I tested that thing enough to make sure it didn't screw up. o_o;

« Reply #376 on: June 08, 2014, 04:22:46 PM »
As far as the game is concerned, I never stood on the switch more than once, since the first time I entered the room and started the timer, I restarted the game after making it to the key room to save some time. If you have any save files where you haven't entered that room yet you might want to give that a go. As a general rule for saving, always have one file for overworld (free to go buy stuff etc.) and a separate one for dungeon save points (in case things go horribly wrong, one way or another).

Btw, what's up with the amount of health
Spoiler:
Hades
has? I thought I had a good party to fight it, but I almost fell asleep fighting it. And I think the battle theme restarted 3 times during the battle...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #377 on: June 08, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »
Hades is meant to be a pretty long and tough fight. If you have anything with Wind or Holy, it'll tear him to shreds. Remi with Typhoon Claws (or was it Griffin Claws?) will destroy him pretty quickly. Of note, that's how much HP he actually has in FFIX when fought as an optional boss.

« Reply #378 on: June 08, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
same HP as in FFIX huh? Wasn't the magic number in that game 65000 HP? So about 8 times more health than the typical boss at that point, but then again I was dealing about twice my normal damage per turn so...

In other news, what're the odds of Deathga connecting on all party members at once? I feel like I just won the lottery.  :ohdear:

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #379 on: June 08, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
65535 I think it is. Also, like I said, he's pretty weak to Holy/Wind, so having anything for those will work (and since you're using Remilia and Patchouli anyways, there's no reason you SHOULDN'T be handling him fine. As long as your other two party members can help out...). As of right now, Hades has the most HP out of any boss in the game. It's not until the final dungeon of beta4 that bosses start to get relatively closer to the HP total that he has.

70% chance of Deathga even connecting, then it comes down to each character's individual resistance towards it (so for instance, 70% for the SKILL to hit, then usually 60% for a character normally).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #380 on: June 08, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »

Okay, this is probably going to be the last map from this dungeon. I just want everyone's opinion on if this looks more valley-like (since ya know, it's supposed to be a valley)? I feel like it works for a valley anyways...

On that note, I just realized this dungeon already has 16 maps, and I haven't even gotten to the second boss of the dungeon (of 4. The last two are fought at the very end of course). Not sure how many more maps I should have between the next screen (which is the second boss screen, where the player will fight the Marquis Malboro) and to the end of the dungeon. The player will have to backtrack out, and the Malboros will still be around even after the Marquis is defeated, and the status tiles will still be there as well. Hmm...

And yes, by the save point/music changer, there is a status/MP recovery spring, and the green sprout will give the party MP Regen: 50 turns (because there's no way to really heal MP in battle so may have to rely on this...not sure how to handle the MP problem because it will be a big problem in-battle. Outside, can still use MP recovery items so...)

« Reply #381 on: June 09, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »
Well it does look like a valley to me. As for the dungeon itself, kind of hard to give comments before actually getting to play it. But my playthrough has been progressing quite nicely now that all those game-breaking bugs are out of the way, so I should have an "end-game" save file before long.

Oh and some comments about this passive ability:
MP Shield: 20% of non-fatal HP damage received is regained and transferred as 20% MP damage instead.
9 times out of 10 this works to be a highly negative ability to the character, since healing HP is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) than healing MP. Especially in random encounters where the party gets hit by a multi-target skill, this ability rather wastefully spends MP to mitigate the harmless little damage. Of course if you meant it as a hindrance to the character I can understand it, but with the current numbers I'd rather wish it wasn't there. :)

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2014, 08:43:26 PM »
She might get something to replace that later, not sure. Or some upgrades to the ability that'll reduce the amount of MP damage for the 20% HP recovery.

« Reply #383 on: June 10, 2014, 07:20:36 PM »
Was I blind or something, or is there no option to save between the top of Youkai Mountain to all the way to after the maze at Yuuka scenario? That was a really long session without saving.
Speaking of Yuuka scenario, it feels like torture fighting groups of 3 enemies alone when my only attack that has any chance of killing them misses half of the time. Which leads to me running away from most encounters, which then leads to me being one-shotted if the boss after the maze decides to use one of two attacks. Even if she won't, every other turn is being spent healing anyway, while the other turn is wasted half of the time due to Master Spark missing. Sure it's doable after a few attempts, but I think some adjustments to this scenario are in order to make it less frustrating.

Also, I decided to think outside the box in the maze, but it didn't help me at all so I had to do it the normal way. :P
(sometimes going right put you between the screens instead)

[attach=1]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #384 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »
There was a save point right before you fight Tenshi on Bhava-Agra, when you have free control of your characters. It was to the right. There's also a save point in Yuuka's scenario (it's one of the crystals). o_o;

Ugh...that's bizarre. I've never seen THAT happen with the maze. The directions the flower gives you are in reverse order (so starting from the maze entrance to the Bloody Lake entrance, you want to write the directions down, and then reverse them. Yes, one flower will speak twice, but that's actually supposed to be that way. You could also opt to give Yuuka the Vanish Charm, if you have it, to avoid physical attacks completely. Make sure she's stacked with +Speed stuff otherwise (such as Aerial Garland, and if you won it from Kurumi, the Hunter's Knife is the best +Speed weapon in the game for anyone).

Have you tried using Flower Shooting? It should work if you really need to fight random encounters, outside of the Forest Fairies (the Rusty Yin-Yang Orbs should be beatable with it anyways). Bosses aren't immune to Earth either so rely on that instead.

« Reply #385 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
It seems I missed the save crystal then.

Hmm, I didn't notice any flower speaking twice, yet I got through the maze. What confused me a bit with the directions though is that since you're supposed to turn wherever Yuuka is facing at the time, wouldn't "UP" direction mean you're supposed to start flying? I mean:

straight = don't turn
left = turn to Yuuka's left
right = turn to Yuuka's right
(last one could be "back")
These cover all the possible exits you can take, making "UP" just a confusing element.

I didn't mention Flower Shooting since the fairies can't be killed with it, and killing the Orbs is just a waste of time and items considering the exp and money you get from them.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #386 on: June 10, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
There was a save crystal AND shop crystal right below the area where you fight Kurumi.

Up means go straight up. Much like how Straight means go straight ahead in the direction you start at.

Yeah, the enemies generally aren't that worth it during Yuuka's scenario, so it's just best to run anyways when you can. That's how it's meant to be really since well...why are you trying to fight with just one character are you nuts stop please lol.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #387 on: June 10, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
Quick note to anyone testing the game/playing it: Insect Forest has been redone a bit, so if you'd like to test it out to see how it is (you'd have to test it from the beginning to see the differences), just let me know and I can upload an experimental patch to see what you all think of it~

« Reply #388 on: June 11, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
Is Insect Forest the place in of the scenarios? With the Cirno's summons? I could test it when I get that far.

Or should I say IF I get that far. For a pathetic little mid-boss, Meira is pretty much the toughest boss fight in the game so far. Even with my speed of 130, she's still faster than me and has two attacks capable of taking over 95% off of Yuuka's health, and insta-kill if Double Attack crits on either of the hits. Which means in order not to risk getting killed, I should be at full health at all times. Which in turn means any attack that hits me needs to be covered with healing on my turn. Which again means I can only attack when 1) Meira misses (5% chance) or 2) Meira uses Liquid Steel. Using Flower Shooting to attack, I then have a 20% chance to miss and I need to hit her ~10(?) times which totals to about 15 attacks including using B's to get MP back. If you're lucky you might be able to get a hit in every 4 turns, so that sums up to 60 turns of fighting, 60 turns where Meira might get a lucky roll and one-shot Yuuka. Do you really think this is acceptable difficulty for a mid-boss fight? I mean sure that Vanish Charm would be nice, or having my best gear from the party that fought back at the previous scenario, but since I don't have neither my only options are to grind in that horrible place until I can't get one-shotted or to load a save several hours back to prepare Yuuka for this scenario...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #389 on: June 11, 2014, 07:51:16 PM »
Did the event not unequip everyone like it should've?? Because it should've.

Also, are you using the Hunter's Knife? That's something that'll help out. Even without Vanish Charm I didn't have too much problem with her. If you have a Flame Barrier, equip that for her shield to make the Fire weakness go away, have Aerial Garland to increase speed (or use something like Flash Hat to reduce Thunder damage or Barette to reduce Ice damage). Back row helps a tiny bit as well. Can even use Small Hitbox if you have one.