Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 227279 times)

Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #330 on: May 31, 2014, 11:00:56 PM »
So is there nothing I can do? I'm trying to run it on my laptop ; do I need to use a computer?

For reference, everything else works. Music and everything, and the battle looks like it does, but when Shou/Nazrin is about to attack it bugs out...

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #331 on: May 31, 2014, 11:01:57 PM »
Get the new update patch. I think I just forgot the DynRPG.ini file, which is what may have been causing the issue.

« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »
Thanks!! It works fine now~

Game is really fun so far.

« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2014, 06:25:03 AM »
"Event script referenced an event that does not exist."

That's the error message I get when going to SDM after returning from the Youkai Mountain. This was the point where
Spoiler:
you should be able to fight Remilia again and get her to join right?

And yes, I'm using the RPG_RT.exe file, as the in-game clock is ticking away.

One more random thing to mention: using HRCS in the Winter Forest save point keeps the HRCS theme playing even after returning to the forest. And while the combat music then plays the right theme, after the battle it's HRCS theme playing again...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2014, 06:58:28 AM »
Somehow, I didn't fix the events for that??? I am utterly confused as to why THAT of all things wasn't fixed when everything else was...

Yeah, that one was due to me changing the map themes for some dungeons depending on which map pack you have, and didn't have the Memorized BGM/Play Memorized BGM set at the save point...

Another map fix patch because...SDM error again (one event in main foyer that I somehow didn't fix even though I swear I did??). Also, some map music errors fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx6w34usmcthn8v/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

« Reply #335 on: June 01, 2014, 05:44:36 PM »
When you fixed the event in SDM, you didn't happen to check if the teleport after the event worked correctly? Because once again I found myself inside the wall. Good thing I had an Emergency Stairway in my inventory, since redoing that fight for a reason like that wouldn't have been fun.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »
Another update for SDM, due to ANOTHER teleport error...what is with all the teleport errors and tile errors!? I swear guys, I checked these events! I guess I didn't check them hard enough...I really apologize for all of these updates -V-;;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1odri0h22bot1k0/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2014, 04:47:59 PM »
A few random issues again:

- When entering the underground with that forced trio, whoever was the party leader before that has her theme playing through all the normal fights inside.
- There was atleast 3 treasure chests I couldn't figure out how to get to, are they actually reachable? I'm posting a screenshot of one of these, which I was able to reach due to some weird layer issue (got to "under" the map from the bottom right side and was able walk all the way to the treasure chest) but couldn't activate it.
- Did Mokou get a new theme as well? Her theme isn't playing in the fight (no music playing actually).

[attach=1]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »
1) That's normal and supposed to happen.
2) Yeah, there's a set of treasure chests you aren't supposed to get at all. Though that's a weird error. Can you screenshot the exact area that occurs at?
3) I just now changed all of the battle themes in the game (all of the previous boss themes for characters are now replaced with their playable character themes), so yeah...there's that.

« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »
It's kind of hard to show the error in just a screenshot, so I would suggest you go there to poke at the walls yourself. In that map, right at the end where you're moving up and go below the second bridge, start trying to go left and you end up in the mountain. Shouldn't be too hard to find it.

« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2014, 08:53:04 PM »
Is the book finding puzzle in Poltergeist Mansion working correctly? I only found two of the four, and I'm pretty sure I checked every nook and cranny in there. I even went and placed the two that I found to the bookcase.

Let's see, what else... Ran was missing a battle theme.

Oh and regarding the optional
Spoiler:
boss Suika: did you change the Pandemonium skill from Holy to non-elemental? I managed to knock off ~50k from her health, but the Pandemonium spam at the end is just too brutal to fight through.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2014, 08:58:58 PM »
Two of the books are out in the open, two are hidden in objects (if you haven't fought all of the Prismriver Sisters, then you haven't found all of the books properly).

That be another one of the themes that I changed.

It's Mystic-elemental now instead of Holy, so that's why.

« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2014, 09:27:55 PM »
Ok found the third book, but still only two Prismriver Sisters fought (by the Ouija book and at the doorway). I have a feeling I had similar issues with this place the last time, but can't remember how I got through it.

Oh and the Demon Charm accessory doesn't seem completely negate random encounters, since I got one while running around with it in the mansion. Should've had 100 encounters from the distance ran inside, but still odd.
Another time I got an encounter while wearing it was in the Blazing Hell, where a Ruby Dragon of all things decided to jump on me. Good thing I managed to escape before that Meteor hit me, hadn't saved in a bit...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
There's a book that I think near the kitchen that gives the clues to where they are. One is on the first floor, the other 3 are on the second floor.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that's as buggy as it is. Maybe it's something in the coding itself? But I've had it on and never got any encounters in several areas before (and yes, I myself have gotten random encounters even with it on, if very rarely). Makes no sense at all and confuses me. : S

Oh god...that's a terrifying experience to have happen ehehe...Ruby Dragons are pretty nasty, probably the worst enemies to fight in that area (Crystal Dragons are bad too, but only because they take so long to kill and they love Gravity spells).

« Reply #344 on: June 04, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
The difficulty of Poltergeist Mansion basement seems a tad too much, especially since you're forced to carry a dead weight with you. What's worse, you have to make the new party right after the previous boss fight, so all the good equips are stuck on those characters. What's even worse you can't save at all before making it to the basement save point. Then with the last boss slinging 1k+ multi-target attacks every turn, it seems I have to grind a few extra levels there just to not get 3/4 of the party one-shotted every turn (
Spoiler:
with 2 party members being gone after the fight this feels even more pointless
). *Sigh*

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »
The dead weight is a lot more useful than you give her credit for. Sing is an absurdly useful command, even if she can't use Items. Though it should've been programmed to remove equips from other party members so that's odd...though the final fight shouldn't be THAT difficult if you stocked up on Potion Berries at the very least o.o;;

« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2014, 08:36:04 PM »
That's not who I meant. :P  Reimu's sluggish speed, low damage and bad survivability makes you wish she would just disappear...
Her only good point for this fight is Hakurei Amulet, but with it being a single target skill you're better off spamming Potion Berries instead.
And speaking of Potion Berries, they don't work on dead allies, hence the trouble with my low level party.

Would it be possible to change party members back in the room where you fought the first bosses? An NPC to put you back to the black screen to choose two more party members, or just regular line-up to fill up the party? This way you could:
- remove gear from other party members
- switch party members to better adapt to the next boss fight
I mean, it's not like the other people just leave the place, so it should make sense they are still available right?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #347 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »
Oh, I see...you haven't been using Reimu at all. And since it's Reimu, I'm assuming the boss you're talking about is the first boss fought in the basement, right?

I'll probably make that change. I think I never did anything about that due to how having the extra party member works (it makes it a bit complicating to deal with, so to speak). Although whenever you go to the party switch area, it's best to unequip everyone anyways that you're not going to bring along so...

« Reply #348 on: June 04, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »
Well I had been using Reimu a bit, but lvl 20 just wasn't enough for the fight. And yea I forgot about that last fight at the end of the corridor, since it's so much easier and a plot-advancing fight anyway.
Guess who else I haven't been leveling properly? Momiji...
One thing I forgot to mention before: the forced party switch causes the speed bug to kick in. I had Sakuya in both parties, and was going one notch too fast in the forced party (and during the cut-scenes and so on).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #349 on: June 04, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »
Eh? Level 20 should be plenty fine for that fight (I always do it around level 20 or so myself and have hardly any issues). Again, the game should still be doable even if you haven't grinded anyone o_o;;

Speed bug whyyyy...why do you continue to persist in this day and age!? That one is eluding me...did it happen after the Prismriver Sister fight??

« Reply #350 on: June 04, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »
Well at lvl 20 I kept getting one-shotted by most of
Spoiler:
Chaos's
attacks, but at lvl 23 I survived the biggest ones with under 100 health on Reimu and another character. Perhaps with decent gear I could've done it at lvl 20, but they were left on the other two that fought the Prismriver Sisters.
Speaking of them, yes right after that fight the speed bug happened.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #351 on: June 04, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
Oh, well you were probably being hit by Shadow-elemental attacks then if that's the case (if it were things like Doomsday or Chaos Drive, both are Shadow-elemental). Should've been able to switch Reimu out during the previous scenario if anything...but yeah, I should probably have a save point after the Prismriver Sisters boss fight.

Huh...wonder why it's happening there. It shouldn't be according to the coding I have. Bizarre...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #352 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:22 PM »
This is just an experimental patch. Do not use this unless you want to test out the Poltergeist Mansion events (you can get there via Debug Room, if you want to fully test it out). This is to test out whether or not the speed bug is fixed and whether or not the party switch function and unequip functions are working correctly.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2a4tjps0s2qimrg/Touhou_Fantasy_Experimental_Patch_1.00.rar

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #353 on: June 05, 2014, 02:52:03 AM »

This is the first room in Valley of Corpses, being the room you have to go through in order to get a key to enter the other cave at the start of the area. I think this turned out rather well and conveys the whole "Corpse" part of the dungeon. As always, the flora inflicts statuses when stepping on them (still haven't decided which statuses yet). At one point, upon getting the key, these corpses and whatnot would've came to life (or be ghosts in this area) and attacked the player chasing them, but not sure if I'll do that here or not now...hmmm.

« Reply #354 on: June 05, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »
I tested the Prismriver Sister fight again with Sakuya in the party. Her extra speed is still there in the party selection screen, and if you pick her up again, well...
Which means the party isn't properly reseted after the fight.
Nice addition with the unequip option and re-choosing of your party, now if you make a bad choice with party members you don't have to redo that boss fight to have a decent chance at the bosses later on.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #355 on: June 05, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »
Hmm....so it didn't remove the speed at all when you got out of the fight and into the party select screen?? Is that the issue I'm hearing??

« Reply #356 on: June 05, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »
Yes that is correct.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #357 on: June 05, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
Hmmmm....I'll have to look in that whenever I get up (yes, I go to sleep at about 6 AM and get up at around 3-4 PM...).

« Reply #358 on: June 05, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
"Event script referenced a monster that does not exist"

Error message received during the fight against Adrammelech. Quite far into the battle as well, so maybe a skill it rarely uses is the cause?

Oh and btw, what happened to Momiji's theme? The game is playing some generic-sounding theme when she's the leader.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #359 on: June 05, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »
A monster that does not exist??? Huuuuuuh??? Why would that happen there of all places!? RPG Maker, wtf are you doing to me!?

Huh...? Generic sounding theme??? It should be playing Retrospective Kyoto. o_o;;