Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 233437 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
Did you forget the correct path? There's an obvious sign as to where to go pretty much marked on the map (that is your only hint).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/86hlolz7snq5mvv/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Slight fix patch for the maps. Eientei's 2nd visit had a tile error, so I changed the mapping layout so that it works. I'll eventually change the entire segment to be different, but for now this should suffice.

EDIT - Updated the link. I somehow had a feeling that one of the rooms was still using the same tiles as the last, and it was, so all I did was change the passabilities on said tiles. Again, will change the maps later...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:12:08 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #301 on: May 29, 2014, 09:27:42 AM »
Yes I had completely forgotten the correct path. Still, it's a borderline "need a guide to get past it" puzzle with the current hints given in-game.

It's nice that you disabled random encounters inside Eientei, one can actually focus on the puzzles instead of constant fighting. But I ran into some problems in the key-collecting section:
1) What's up with the
Spoiler:
red fairy in one of the chests in the treasure chest room? Most of its attacks were one-shotting me, and it had so much health I didn't feel like spending my entire item collection to beat it
2) The sound puzzle doesn't seem to open the chest even after you successfully clear it. Is it bugged / working in some mysterious way?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »
Well...maybe, but earlier areas had you actually pay attention to your surroundings in order to get through areas (such as Misty Lake) so...

1) Oops. That's a Notorious Monster from beta2. I should probably fix that later...
2) There's 5 levels to the sound puzzle that you have to clear. Make sure that you clear all 5 levels!

« Reply #303 on: May 29, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
Got another teleport bug for you, and guess where? That's right, in SDM! Right after the lengthy event where you get HRCS.

The boss fights so far have been either a) so easy you just spam your skills until they die or b) loaded with such strong attacks that healing is completely pointless and come down to 1-up spam.
Spoiler:
for example used almost exclusively the instant death skill, before switching to using Galaxy in a Pot, which was even worse with its high accuracy.
I've seen very few multi-target attacks from the bosses. Anyways, I guess my trap door farm came useful in the end...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #304 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
Really now? *Sigh* I don't know how I'm still missing these events...

Well, also keep in mind that the game is set really for you to NOT grind. If you grind at all, of course it's gonna be easy. Also, the difficulty is Normal mode from Forest of Magic until you get to beta3.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hzwdpslra61zcai/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

New update patch for the maps due to SDM error...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:18:04 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #305 on: May 29, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »
Is the music working properly in the fight against
Spoiler:
Remilia
and while in the party selection map with HRCS? Or is it just that my music files have become messed up somewhere along the way?

On an alternate note, time to see if I can still get the speed bug to trigger with Sakuya. :D

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2014, 09:10:20 PM »
The music file was probably changed from the original. Some of them were changed around and were reuploaded in the music packs. Maybe I should upload those separately later...hmm...

« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2014, 09:00:26 AM »
Is the piano book side quest finished, I can't seem to make any progress after finding a book?

Also, found one (last) teleport bug in SDM: on the first floor, left side, seems to be a dining hall or something like that.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »
Yes, it is. I managed to get inside the secret room with it so...if you're looking for the book, it's on the first floor somewhere.

Dining hall?? Is it at the top of the left side? There should only be one entrance now so...screencap it for me please.

« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2014, 09:48:01 AM »
Okay, here's a screenie of the room. As for the book, I did find it, but I have no idea where to go from there. Guess I'll keep looking...

[attach=1]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2014, 09:50:33 AM »
There's a room on the second floor you have to take it to and check something. As for that, I swear I recall fixing that...oh well, that room is inconsequential right now I guess. Guess I'll fix that and upload it later (this is why it's always important to save before going into any areas! I try to stress that a lot to people lol. Never know when something may go wrong...)

« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2014, 10:11:25 AM »
Yea I'm a neurotic save feature abuser, so I haven't lost a whole lot of progress due to those teleport bugs.

I finished that book side quest, took a while to figure out what I was doing wrong...
Nice loot!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
Aye, some of those normally wouldn't be available so early, and the Demon Charm was moved from beta5 to beta2.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »

Map here is to basically say what is what (the water by the entrance is a full heal spring,the dark green grass inflicts Poison status to the party, the red plants inflict something I haven't decided on yet, the brambles inflict something, and the blue flowers inflict something). This is the very first area of the Valley of Corpses dungeon (I know! I'm working on a beta5 dungeon! GASP!) and well...it's supposed to be a valley. I wanted to use a different tileset than the Youkai Mountain tileset (which is also shared by the Forest of Magic I do believe as well as Eastern Forest), so I looked around and found this one which feels more swamp-like but...I think it works well! And of course, there's going to be caves. There's ALWAYS caves in this freaking game ehehe...

For reference, the gimmick of this dungeon is that the player cannot use the Item command in-battle (I'd remove all of the items themselves but...that's a lot to keep track of...), while the subgimmick is that there's status tiles in the dungeon. This dungeon is basically to get more use out of status-healing abilities as well as the MP Regen status (which is going to go to 5% instead of 1% recovery per turn in-battle), and to get more mileage out of a couple characters that people may or may not be using at this point in the game.

EDIT - Slight update patch due to SDM teleport error again...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gnfnablpaulyde1/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:08:19 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2014, 04:16:30 AM »
Speaking of Demon Charm, for an accessory that eliminates random encounters I sure was getting a lot of those while wearing it... (on lead character if that makes any difference)
Then there's the HP/MP boosting items. Aya equipped the +10% HP boost, which boosted her health from 333 -> 447. That's more or less a 25% boost, so which is wrong, effect or description?

Oh and I might as well report an oversight in SDM map design: in the first room of the second floor, you can get back to the "first floor" by walking on top of the bottom railing, from either left or right side.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2014, 04:18:42 AM »
Demon Charm only works while equipped on Reimu, so it's exclusive to her. Could've sworn I made it ONLY usable by her...huh.

Hmm...that one is odd. That shouldn't happen at all...what is the item that you equipped on Aya?

Eh? Another error? Well...damn...screenshot that so I can see what you mean

« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2014, 04:29:06 AM »
Yea, I was using Demon Charm on Momiji...
The HP boosting item is called Gleipnir. I tested the other two items and they seem to be giving the stated boost.
And here's the screenie of the place you can walk through.

[attach=1]

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »
1) Yeah, I'll have to fix it so that only Reimu can use that.
2) Wtf?? For some reason, Aya was using Meiling's Max HP/MP instead of her own, and not just in Gleipnir, but in ALL HP/MP boosting equipment. o_O
3) Ehhhh??? Wtf?? Is it only in those spots??

EDIT - Oh I see...I'm using the completely wrong tiles there. Herp derp...I'll have to reupload this patch then. *Sigh*

Changes in this one:

1) Regen is now 5% Max HP recovery per turn, and MP Regen is now 3% Max MP recovery per turn.
2) Aya HP/MP+% bug fixed. Was somehow using Meiling's instead of her own.
3) SDM tile error fixed.
4) Demon Charm now Reimu exclusive.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9p9cdeekd3iwh2/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:44:32 AM by Xenomic »

« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »
Problems at Moriya Shrine! Namely, Suwako's theme isn't playing when you fight her. And later on, when you can freely move in the Moriya Shrine, the exit to the south does not work, so I'm stuck again...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2014, 09:34:56 AM »
You mean the exit from the Moriya Shrine to the save point screen??

« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2014, 09:37:22 AM »
Yes that one.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2014, 09:40:14 AM »
Update patch to fix Moriya Shrine issue. Twas due to tileset error that I have no idea how it even occurred. *Sigh*

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1a4jnmte1lc27mu/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

As for the music...does no music play at all or...does it play G Free ~ Final Dream (which if it is, then you never changed the music to be on Extended)?

« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2014, 09:44:25 AM »
No music is playing, this is the third theme so far that is missing (Remilia and HRCS screen being the other two).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »
Weird...wonder why those are missing from the packs...I'll upload them to the missing music folder then...

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p9dvp6owahly3/Missing_or_Updated_Music_Files

« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2014, 11:46:44 AM »
I found what I imagine to be a teleporter for your testing purposes next to the Giant Toad Pond: one square up, two squares left from the save point. Good thing it was after the save point and not before or some raging might've ensued. :D

Btw, have you designed the game so that the player chooses their favourite party and sticks to that as much as possible? The pricing for skill upgrades seems points to that direction. In the Tengu Village, there's skills/upgrades available for 11 characters, 5-10 skills per character with an average cost of ~2000 yen. Then I look how much money I have to spend on them: 10000 yen  ???
And I know when the next round of upgrades for the skills come, they'll be even more expensive. So even if I want to keep my favourite 4 up to date with their skills, I will need to grind some money with the side effect of them becoming over-leveled as well. Is this how you intented the system to work or could a slight discount for the skill tome costs be in order?

« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2014, 07:29:04 PM »
When I attempt to use an attack or do anything in the opening fight with Naz and Shou, the game crashes and says something about requesting termination and C++ runtime libraries or something.

Any idea what's wrong with it? Version I'm using is 1.119

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »
@Kaitani: Ehhhh??? There's a teleport event to the debug room? How...did that happen? o_O;;

The game's designed in such a manner that the player can usually get by without having to really grind that much believe it or not, while also using the party that they really want to use. It's best to upgrade after each dungeon if possible (just bring Reisen along for the return trip since she has an overworld passive that'll make getting up and down the mountain much easier!)

@Vari: That sounds like the same issue someone else had, and when he had that issue, that was telling him that something was wrong with his computer (as when he tried something else, that issue came up as well...). I've never heard the game outside of that guy crash or anything due to C++...

« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »
Well it doesn't teleport you to the debug room but rather to the island where SDM is, but the game-ruining effect is still there. Makes it even better if you use HRCS right after it, the special party at that time goes *poof* :P

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2014, 09:03:56 PM »
I'll have to fix that then. Also Kaitani, are you using the RPG_RT.exe file that came with the update patch (the one that has extended menus, the timer, etc.)?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »
Update again...this time to include the DynRPG.ini file so that the game doesn't crash, and fix that random Youkai Mountain issue...Of quick note, in the introduction battle, there are several dummied skills. Don't bother with these as they are not finished yet and I never took them out or finished them yet...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wnbcxfi6of7p748/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar