Author Topic: PoFV tournament - info/discussion  (Read 2442 times)

PoFV tournament - info/discussion
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »
Hell yes bullet-cancelling and puzzle-shmupping!  You know you want some.

If you need help setting up multiplayer PoFV, here's an instruction pastebin.  There's a second version of Adonis (aka Adonis 2) that sometimes works when Adonis 1 doesn't (I suggest having a separate copy of PoFV for each Adonis), and there's a vsync patch for multiplayer that should eliminate any input lag (just drop it in the main PoFV folder and, if you're using the English patch, re-title th09e.exe to th09.exe).

This thread and IRC (#pofvt on ppirc.net) are good places to ask any questions about setup/connectivity issues, strategy/tactics, game quirks, etc... so if you have any, fire away.

edit: cleaned up this post so it can hold any important info that might come up.  All deleted info was either transferred to the signup thread or was background info that wasn't needed any longer.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:30:31 AM by K.B. »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Seppo Hovi

Re: PoFV tournament in early Oct - info/discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 03:47:31 AM »
I am gonna have fun watching people suffer. What a horrible person I am.

By the way, I am placing my bets on Pdee. If you get him to join.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »
I have been waiting since the last tournament for another and would be looking forward to join. Unfortunately I only have a hour on Oct. 3rd and I can't make it at all (if I don't get eliminated) on the 4th.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »
I'm interested in this but too early to say if I'll be available at those times.

Why Wednesday/Thursday? Wouldn't the weekend be best for people's availability?

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
I think the best odds at reaching KB would be via IRC, so feel free to join to #pofvt on ppirc and ask around.

Spoiler:
And as a bystander I would certainly enjoy idle chatter before, during and after the tournament

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »
I check the forum most days, so this is just as good for me (though yes it is fun to have folks on irc to hang out and, dare I say it, play PoFV).  Posting here also allows folks to read what's happening and comment at their leisure.  And it was nice to see that there's at least a little interest in this!

I'm interested in this but too early to say if I'll be available at those times.
Yeah, I figured this would be the case for most folks.  I mainly wanted this to serve as something to pencil in... an early heads-up.
Why Wednesday/Thursday? Wouldn't the weekend be best for people's availability?
Good question.  If the weekend is better for most people, then we should go with that.  Those two dates were just starting points that I thought might work (I didn't want to say 'hey let's have a tourney but I haven't thought about dates at all'); we still have a couple weeks to adjust things as needed.

So how would this work: Sat 6th early evening (6pm-ish EDT), Sun 7th early afternoon (2pm-ish EDT)?  Better or worse than the weekday dates?
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm

ebarrett

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:22:57 AM »
Sure, why not, depending on how bored I am might as well casually drop by and win again.  8)

ps weekdays suck

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 04:04:29 AM »
I'd like to participate in this, even though I suck at PoFV  :V I'll make sure to check the IRC channel too.

So how would this work: Sat 6th early evening (6pm-ish EDT), Sun 7th early afternoon (2pm-ish EDT)?  Better or worse than the weekday dates?

These times sound way better than the weekday dates, I think that I wouldn't be able to participate at all with the weekday dates.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »
Bump.  Updated first post with weekend time(s).  Which is more or less what we talked about.

Anyone else want some pvp matches?  #pofvt on ppirc.  Come idle and keep the channel warm.
Don't know about other folks but I'm usually around in the evenings and, on weekends, late afternoons too.