Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F  (Read 169295 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 17F
« Reply #720 on: June 08, 2018, 10:31:44 PM »
Something I've been thinking about is maybe buffing Komachi's Eddoko God of Death, even with a full ATK setup, she still dealt 0 damage to the
Spoiler:
King of Chaos
, though the improved version managed to dealt about 1.5 million, which isn't that great but is still free damage; I feel like either buffing the skill itself, or buffing the strength of the counterattack on awakening would allow a bulky attacker setup Komachi to passively deal a decent amount of damage through the course of a fight.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #721 on: June 08, 2018, 10:48:27 PM »
Komachi does have one small trait going for her over her other fellow tanks, void resistance. I'm not sure how much it comes into play for surviving attacks that the others wouldn't but I think it could potentially give her a small niche to fill.
It's good, but Mokou's resurrection still trumps it pretty hard. Komachi just can't keep up in Plus Disk, although she's passable as a bulky attacker, and continues to function fine enough as an HP tank if you just really like her.

Completed updating Page 6 of the wiki and adjusting reviews slightly, and updated Page 2 with the helpful replies to my last post! Pages 3/4/5 remaining, but those have... more adjustments than the pages I've already done, and more characters in general >_>;;

edit:All pages done. I did not touch any of the reviews on page 3 today though. These are the only tweaks I didn't put in yet.
Spoiler:
-Instant Attack now costs 1 TP to activate
-Extra Attack now only activates 2/3 as often for subclass spells, and repeated actions cost 1/2 of base MP instead of 0
-Damage formula estimates for Forbidden Fruits, Lavaeteinn
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:29:09 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #722 on: June 08, 2018, 10:58:12 PM »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:04:00 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #723 on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:52 PM »
It's good, but Mokou's resurrection still trumps it pretty hard. Komachi just can't keep up in Plus Disk, although she's passable as a bulky attacker, and continues to function fine enough as an HP tank if you just really like her.

Completed updating Page 6 of the wiki and adjusting reviews slightly, and updated Page 2 with the helpful replies to my last post! Pages 3/4/5 remaining, but those have... more adjustments than the pages I've already done, and more characters in general >_>;;
One last thing, in Yukari's awakening section, Yukari's Strengthened use of Shikigami's does actually give the ATB decrease when Chen/Ran are in the back too, so for awakened Yukari, it doesn't matter if Chen/Ran are on the front other than for Yakumo Family.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:07:19 AM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #724 on: June 09, 2018, 12:12:05 AM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zNuaclWmFx1MsbjHxNsjM6O3h7qal45K

Updated exe for 2.104a
yesssssss

I edited my post above because I finished Page 4 (even though I only meant to change Patch's skill from max lv2 to 3... augh), and with the new exe I can go test kokoro's masks. Only pages 3 and 5 aren't done okay did both but didn't update reviews on page 3. Added Yukari's tidbit. Man, that makes Yakumo team really good. Chen can also get stupidly high EVA from Ran's buff after awakening...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:09:51 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #725 on: June 09, 2018, 12:13:54 AM »
Sanae's Awakening MP recovery skill now restores 1 additional MP for every 2 frontline characters below half MP. So it's

Default, 1 character at half MP: 1 MP
2-3 characters at half MP: 2 MP
4 characters at half MP: 3 MP

A heavy nerf, but she's a good candidate for Dragon God's Power to compensate at least.

« Reply #726 on: June 09, 2018, 01:08:11 AM »
Also, regarding Aya's change, I made a mistake, it originally increased damage by 15%, not ATK. So it changed from 15% more damage per stack to 10% more ATK per stack.

In Reisen's case, the new resistance ignore is in addition to the original defence ignoring effect, so its a 20% chance to ignore defences and resistances (needs People of the Moon to be learned to procc the defence ignore, not sure if the resistance ignore requires it too, but the description seems to hint that it does).

Akyuu's revival skill also got its TP cost increased to 15 in this patch.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:20:18 AM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #727 on: June 09, 2018, 01:50:09 AM »
Worrisome Man of Qi appears to be about 170% ATK+MAG now. That's pretty good for a dual-elemental alltarget!

But unfortunately, Kokoro only seems to be getting about 28% buffs from her own masks. That means the mask effect went from ~8% to ~11%. Which is a buff, but, was hoping for a little more, y'know? It's a bit hard to tell because of RNG, but I tested it a lot of times. It's still not really enough to care, but Kokoro is at least more offensively viable now; if you charge up her Fighting Spirit she's legitimately alright, and she can build for any weakness. (Although when you aren't using Kagura Lion, she's still just kind of "This Is Fine", nothing special)

Also, I tweaked all those pages, and everything has been done save for review tweaks on page 3; all skills on page 3 were done except all instances of instant and extra attack.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:58:32 AM by Serela »

« Reply #728 on: June 09, 2018, 02:36:03 AM »
If we're reporting bugs to 3peso, I think I just found one. Don't think I've seen it mentioned before, but I haven't followed these threads too closely.

If a character is defeated, they "respawn" with the same MP they had when they went into battle. So if Flandre starts at full MP, fires Levaetein, and dies, after the battle she'll have full MP again.

It's happening consistently with Flandre when I try to reproduce it, and I'm pretty sure I've noticed odd MP values before.

Another one: A character that survives a death attack (i.e. Guts) will still show the icon
https://i.imgur.com/ZWafiOR.png
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:23:55 PM by qazmlpok »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #729 on: June 09, 2018, 05:46:56 AM »
Ah... I've finally hit the "Grind more" section. I need like 50 more levels to be "on par" for 100F Infinite Corridor (which seems to be a real boss enough to warrant it, or maybe it's just my fault for letting nitori die early), and the 28F boss seems retarded difficult as well.

Well, I say that because the only reason it's difficult is
Spoiler:
when Dragon God changes colors it uses dragon whirlwind over and over and over without ticking until I die
which is like, AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG???
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 05:57:27 AM by Serela »

« Reply #730 on: June 09, 2018, 06:12:38 AM »
Yeah,
Spoiler:
Ryujin-sama's color changes are "berserk" phases. It'll use Dragon God's Whirlwind 8 times before reverting to normal again. The delay is 9660. To cope with it, I used Elementalist Aya for huge WND damage reduction + Rumia for MT healing, but any MT healer can do it. It changes color at 80m HP, and every 20m HP afterwards, alternating between blue and red. For red, it instead uses Dragon God's Strength, a high power ST PHY attack that targets the leftmost slot. That one has higher delay and is only used 4 times, but it's just as dangerous as the Whirlwind, the damage is very high. If you're unable to manage the damage then you're losing 4 characters in this phase. While blue, it becomes weak to DRK, and while red, it becomes weak to NTR.

As for 100f Corridor boss, be sure to prepare for Time-Space Warp shenanigans! At ~80% HP it does Time-Space Warp followed by a high power MT VOI attack consecutively. It does it again at ~40% HP, but it seems other actions that are determined by HP take priority, so you may not have to deal with it if your damage output is good enough (weakness elements are FIR and NTR). It seems 1.104 reduced the level scaling of Corridor bosses, its level was formerly 600, but now it's 575. I ran a bunch of numbers to calculate how to survive its VOI attack, but they're based on the level 600 version so that's not too useful now. More or less, just stack as much HP and damage reduction as you can for the lower HP characters without VOI resistance.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #731 on: June 09, 2018, 03:15:41 PM »
Eirin's overhealing got me through the 28F boss nicely. She really is amazing. Almost none of my team can take the 100f VOI attack (decomposition breath I think?) so yeah, I still need some more levels on that end, but it'll be much easier to get them now.

« Reply #732 on: June 09, 2018, 08:13:35 PM »
Switching in mystia in infinite corridor seems to randomly crash the game for me. Happened twice now. I don't know what caused it so might be a bug.

« Reply #733 on: June 09, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »
Switching in mystia in infinite corridor seems to randomly crash the game for me. Happened twice now. I don't know what caused it so might be a bug.

Probably it's the change to Instant Attack which happened with the latest patch, something must've gone wrong with it I guess.

« Reply #734 on: June 09, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »
Yeah, it happened to me a few times too, so better not use Instant Attackers for now.

EDIT:

Did more testing. Seems that if you select an empty slot in the frontline then switch an Instant Attacker to that slot, the game will crash. It doesn't seem to crash if you select the character first and then the empty slot however.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:31:06 PM by Libra »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #735 on: June 10, 2018, 05:14:40 PM »
Yeahh, Akyuu's library definitely makes up for her stats... I screenshotted and Tome of Reincarnate'd Rinnosuke (with all high boosts maxed), gave Akyuu the same equipment, only invested the money I got back from Rinnosuke's library (I was broke beforehand), and just the first-level boosts and 10 stat gems put -all- of her stats solidly ahead or equal to Rinnosuke; and she'll grow faster than him with further base stat ups and library.

Sure, using stat gems wasn't entirely fair, but it's not long before she could get lv2 boosts in all defensive stats anyway, wheras he can't afford many giga boosts. Also, her supportive moveset is sweet, I almost never used Rinnosuke's moveset other than Herbalist skills, and instead of first aid she just passively cures statuses automatically. And she has super resurrection! Welp. I'm looking forward to this. It's hard to decide what to subclass her with since her buffs don't activate Enhancer passives, kinda mixed between going Enhancer or Herbalist for buffs, or Elementalist for it's support and because I don't have one for buffs... also trying to decide whether I want Dragon God on Byakuren or an attacker like Futo. I put it on Futo, but at lv700 it's still expensive enough to starve her skill points. Maybe it should go on Meiling since she's so fast and lacks non-single-target moves?

Meanwhile, I had a 24 floor infinite corridor chain instead of 50 because I didn't realize my 7-star counter was low ;_; Whoops. Ah well, it doesn't really matter... average chest "!" amounts is definitely up when you get past 100f. That's satisfying to know, so when you get mega deep you can look forward to more good items. Although... I got 4 codexes of infinite wisdom for all my !!!! chests. Come onnnn. They aren't even -that- good... ;_; I even got one from a "!" chest. So much luck for something I'll just sell off ;_;

My last problem is just that I want to start using Awakened Youmu, but I'm really satisfied with my party overall (party = http://puu.sh/ACEpX.png ). I don't know where to put her in. I also haven't used Murakumo's Holy Blessing on anyone yet and I'm really not sure where to put it... I guess I'm getting to the point where burning extra mp from the frontline isn't really a problem, so I should just do it already.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:32:38 PM by Serela »

« Reply #736 on: June 10, 2018, 05:58:04 PM »
I generally use Herbalist for Akyuu personally, alternate between Miare's Great Knowledge and Placebo Effect. When I have two attackers and neither can use Murakumo's Blessing, I give it to her so she can use World-Shaking Military Rule instead of Placebo Effect. Her MP is so high that she can afford that even without the MP recovery drain skill. I think Elementalist would normally be a waste because you only need to use it once every several turns (if you use it again at all), but if you want it for the damage reducing passive too, then that's another story.

For Dragon God's Power, due to the nerf to Dragon God's Breath, I think it's best suited for a support role, so more or less anyone that's already a support character that doesn't want additional options from Herbalist or Enhancer. Looking at your party composition, Iku, Maribel, and Rumia seem most suited for it, maybe Renko too. For Murakumo's Blessing, if you don't want to go through the hassle of switching it to your most suitable attacker for every boss fight, just put it on whoever's been your most reliable attacker I guess. Although you could put it on whoever you feel stands to gain the most from its subclass spells, Meiling and Miko already cover SPI effectively. The only thing the subclass spells could be useful for that I see in your party composition is having Iku ignore MND completely, but Miko already ignores 66% of an enemy's MND when paired with Futo, and there are no bosses with high enough DEF/MND for defense ignoring attacks to be relevant from here on out in the game.

« Reply #737 on: June 10, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
About Mystia's Singing in the Silence: while the stat buff per stack seems to have increased (it seems to be around 7% now), the cap has also been reduced to 5 (previously it was 6). Additionally, Deaf to All but the Song's description is kinda misleading: it gives her 4 stacks as long as anyone is silenced, but the stack you get from that character being silenced is not counted into those 4, so the end result is that having 1 silenced factor gives her 4+1=5 stacks, maxing out the counter anyways.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #738 on: June 10, 2018, 10:45:37 PM »
The only thing the subclass spells could be useful for that I see in your party composition is having Iku ignore MND completely,
Suddenly I?m curious if Murakumos big damage boost can work on Iku?s normal attack...not sure, I?m at work and I?ll  test later. MP drain Akyuu would be able to spam invincibility too, hmm... and I?ll add the Mystia info later.

Putting it on the most useful attacker per boss will probably become worthwhile once I start doing the harder 29f bosses.

I might just throw Dragon God on Byakuren since she?s out the most, although it?s not necessarily better than strategist... hmm. Rumia would appreciate the affinities and might use the attack occasionally, but I try not to leave her out often to die and lose Demarcation. My Maribel is an offensive beast paired with Enhancer Renko. She needs Transcendant to help one-shot as many trash enemies as possible, and Incantation makes her solid in bosses too.

Edit: It?s pretty much a straight upgrade for Rumia, so I?ll do that. Maybe I?ll use her new status attacks more! Thanks~
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:00:26 PM by Serela »

« Reply #739 on: June 11, 2018, 12:15:42 AM »
Wow, Murakumo does actually buff the basic Attack command. I never tested it since the skill specifies that it applies when the user uses a spell card that consumes MP. The Attack command is neither. That's probably an oversight? Regardless, that's interesting. Would probably stick with Warrior/Sorcerer for the basic Attack, but it's something.

I neglected to consider you might be using Maribel as an attacker, she might be a really good choice for Murakumo's Blessing as far as general usage goes since Liberated Abilities is a VOI attack. I don't think any Plus Disk bosses resist VOI, but I never thought to check either. Thought Rumia might be a good pick for Dragon God's Power, I'd try that on her too, along with Sanae and Satori. Rumia quickly became one of my more liked characters post-Awakening, her EVA is high, she fully heals the party with mixed HP/MAG level bonuses and a buff or Akyuu's 50% Boost, she generally applies any status/debuff the boss is susceptible to on spare turns with low delays, and Moonlight Ray is one of the stronger MYS attacks in the game, having a damage formula and delay superior to Tenshi's World Creation Press. All that on top of one of the most common racial damage bonuses, for Human type enemies. Pretty great character overall.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #740 on: June 11, 2018, 01:26:13 AM »
Ah yeah, it only makes Ikus attack as good as Sorceror... interesting though. And Maribel deals top class damage with Renko out and Awakened Liberated Abilities. Annihilates randoms and complements Vision Sharing in bosses, so good.

I remember now that back when the info was datamined I theorized Sanae with Murakumo Blessing using Fafrotskies to blunt the mp drain passive and get mega mp regen for World Shaking Rule... she has a lot of nice bonuses compared to Byakuren tank.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #741 on: June 11, 2018, 01:57:51 AM »
So, does anybody remember how to get to this locked chest in 30F?

https://i.imgur.com/GtEmZBJ.png

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #742 on: June 11, 2018, 03:31:46 AM »
So the 9F Extra area was fixed with a teleporter, and of note there's actually *two* chests over there. I don't know if there was only one before this or not, but. I believe it's a War Mask of the Butcher and one of the basic EXP/Money/Drop rate items, not sure which.

« Reply #743 on: June 11, 2018, 03:38:36 AM »
So, does anybody remember how to get to this locked chest in 30F?

https://i.imgur.com/GtEmZBJ.png

Thanks in advance.

From entering that portion of 30f, travel to the red switch here (https://i.imgur.com/PZvipNB.png), then continue right and then up and to the left until you reach the blue switch here (https://i.imgur.com/I2VcRL3.png).

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #744 on: June 11, 2018, 03:56:59 AM »
Wow, that... that was ridiculously easier than I thought. Thanks.

And I thought 3peso fixed the 3 deformed bosses on NG+? Cause I went back to my NG+ file, examined the time-space event on F16, beat the final boss again and no deformed trio. Unless of course they spawn somehow else and I missed it, which is entirely possible...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #745 on: June 11, 2018, 04:05:16 AM »
If you already started the NG+ before the fix it's probably too late. Already have the achievement, etc.

If another email gets sent to 3peso at some point, the biggest thing I'd suggest is either
1.A sound effect when walking in the Corridor with less than 10 steps until ejection
or
B.Max out the encounter rate when moving with 0 counter instead of ejecting, as if you're hitting M. The vengeful spirits are literally closing in!
Since the M key exists for engaging battles (and earning more counter) there's really no reason to ever get ejected by it hitting zero. But it's so easy to forget when you're traversing the place for over an hour at a time, resulting in a lot of potential 7-star loss.

It'd also be nice if there wasn't so many huge flashes for interacting with everything. It's slow and kind of uncomfortable visually after awhile. I have to turn away because all the repeated bright flashes tires out my eyes.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:17:17 AM by Serela »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #746 on: June 11, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »
Well, then. This was surprisingly easy. I just beat
Spoiler:
***WINNER*** @ lvl 1000 with an avg lvl of 1094
. He was... Really not that hard. The 29F bosses are harder by a fairly wide margin. I didn't record a video of it, but
Spoiler:
I guess I can record it when he's lvl 1200

« Reply #747 on: June 11, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »
Is there any good way to check enemies' def and mind? By check I mean seeing which defense is easier to go through.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #748 on: June 11, 2018, 03:01:49 PM »
Well, since the kedama farming point on 30f isn't hard to reach, I think before I even really explore I'm just gonna awaken Shou, put Chen in the party for reduced running TP cost, give Shou accuracy boost gear and Monk, and slot her in the front with a strategist for 70% chance to move first. And farm them kedamas at lv700. Once my level is sufficient I can give her appraiser and an angel slime hat and stop running, but yeah.

EDIT:With all dark fragments+backrow Chen, running takes 2tp. Shou can survive the attacks and kill kedamas with only lv200 library and eh equipment, and has great tp with ethos of bodybuilding and tp boost 1~ This works great. She even kills the kedamas with Physical Counter if she doesn't proc an instant move and they decide to use Space Compression. Edit again:Okay, now that Nitori and Miko just kind've annihilate the random junk, I swapped Chen for Aya who took Byakuren's spot in front. Even better~

And then I'll save every remaining floor of the Infinite Corridor to try to get a massive chain for dust stock. How high are the enemy levels on 250f?

Is there any good way to check enemies' def and mind? By check I mean seeing which defense is easier to go through.
Well, if you use a magic attack and then a physical one it should make it fairly clear :X Unless the enemy in question has so much you struggle to deal over 1 either way, but in those cases it's generally not a big difference either way. If that's the case, the testing method is the same, but you'd need to use either buff/debuff mix or an "ignores half defense" attack (mountain breaker, dazzling gold, sword of light, awakened orin, maybe a super drill, etc) but now varying offensive power starts to become a problem, or etcetcetc.

Generally if they're both mega high it doesn't really matter, you need an extreme measure either way and whether it's atk or mag isn't important.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:13:17 PM by Serela »

« Reply #749 on: June 11, 2018, 05:41:17 PM »
And then I'll save every remaining floor of the Infinite Corridor to try to get a massive chain for dust stock. How high are the enemy levels on 250f?

At that point levels generally range around 1000.