Author Topic: Mega Man X  (Read 1843 times)

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
Mega Man X
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »
It's official, I'm now a fan of the X series.

Anyway, have you played the games? I haven't, but I'm thinking of playing X1 and X4 soon.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)

Re: Mega Man X
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:06:43 PM »
I love these games. They may be old, but they are absolutely worth a try, should you get the chance to play them. As it happens, X1 and X4 are the two that I still own today. And Maverick Hunter X, which I also still enjoy playing. I've still got my SNES and a physical copy of X1, but X4 and MHX are digital copies on my PS Vita.

I'm pretty sure X1 was the first Megaman game I've played, and from there I was sure I wanted to play the others. I've had a lot of fun with the X series and even today I will sometimes pick up X1 again and run through it. Never gets old no matter how many times I finish it, and while it has gotten a bit easy with time, I've taken to speedrunning it instead and seeking to improve my times whenever I play. But I admit, I'm not all that serious about it, so I am by no means on the level of any real speedrunner.

I have to mention somewhere in this post just how great I think X1's music was. I don't think there was a single track that I didn't like, I could listen to it any time. My favorites would probably be Spark Mandrill and Flame Mammoth's themes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:08:17 PM by ReimiliaScarlet »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
I played the first Mega Man X when I was like 6. Didn't really get into the rest of them, though I played and beat X5 too, eventually. I guess I just never got into the more edgy Mega Man stuff-- I've played all of the original series, though.

Though, as always, the music in all of the games, regardless of series branch, is pretty excellent.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

Chirumiru-chan

• Destitute shrine maiden
  • Yukkuri shiteitte ne!
    • Megagaga
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:47:58 PM »
Yush...
Also, Ruth Shiraishi.
⑨-chan
1cc: PoDD Rikako (Easy), PoDD Marisa (Easy), LLS Reimu (Easy)